The Fulcrum - Silk & Steel. A complete Tactical System for 14.1.4 and beyond......

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few people are mentioning the corner and long throw thing.

Difficult for me as I only scored 7 goals from corners last season and no one in my current team is capable of 'flat bullet throw'

Can you clarify the point.

Are you saying too many goals are coming from set pieces to the point where it's an exploit and you want me to tone it down?

OR

In a roundabout way are you saying we're not scoring enough from open play?

I don't have a problem scoring from corners its just i dont seem to be scoring as many as previously from open play (from previous tactic), so far 21 games in ive scored 10 goals myself and had about 4 own goals from corners as well. Im still enjoying the tactic its still very good, sitting 5th (Predicted 15th) going through a rough patch currently with my preston team but cant complain sitting 5th.

Thanks again

I don't have a problem scoring from corners its just i dont seem to be scoring as many as previously from open play (from previous tactic), so far 21 games in ive scored 10 goals myself and had about 4 own goals from corners as well. Im still enjoying the tactic its still very good, sitting 5th (Predicted 15th) going through a rough patch currently with my preston team but cant complain sitting 5th.

Thanks again

What are your attacking corners set to please ?

Update on my Coventry save finished 10th in my 1st season in the EPL and was knocking on the door of a champions league place near enough all season but let myself down last 4 games losing all, also got to the league final so achieved my original expectations if i was using S&S, so delighted with the way it went with 14.2 version 1st season. Good news as well moved back into the Ricoh so should be able to make a decent income now!!

OK I hit Jan 1st and cannot string a run of results. I think I have won 1 in 9 down to 10th and now 5 points off the playoffs. No idea what has happened but it is still dominating poss. Defenders no longer defend and strikers have dried up. Any ideas guys?

OK I hit Jan 1st and cannot string a run of results. I think I have won 1 in 9 down to 10th and now 5 points off the playoffs. No idea what has happened but it is still dominating poss. Defenders no longer defend and strikers have dried up. Any ideas guys?

Where is Pipoli and his conspiracy theories when you need him?

Form is very significant in FM. Breaking runs of poor form as early as possible is key but very difficult. And I mean both team and player form.

My own F9 has gone 18 games without a goal yet his far inferior back up is banging them in for fun.

I would suggest lots of player rotation, even bringing in backs ups. If you have been using the same 1st team players for most games they do seem to go out of form around mid season. I try to keep things/players as fresh as possible.

Good luck.

Had this issue myself. Trust the tactic!

Ps We all have to work a little bit harder on 14.2

Where is Pipoli and his conspiracy theories when you need him?

I've been reading the posts since the launch of 14.2 and was a bit worried, because I really thought we had perfection with the native S&S before 14.2. With the mixed feedback, I was waiting for more maturity before switching, or a good ongoing season could be ruined. Guess what? S&S_14.2 did not work so well for me.

I have the same behaviour other guys are reporting here: inconsistency, strikers not scoring, suffering a lot of goals from corners/set pieces (rebounds). My form would look like something WWDWLWDWLWLWL...can't get a consistent run.

I have to truly be confortable and feel consistency with the basic tactic before making the counter/direct variant for when I am actually 'cracked'. I consider the cracking phenomen when I lose/draw a long sequence of matches, which is not happening either. So, this is not the case.

I also found there is no consistency to the bad results. Sometimes it is against small team at home, but there are all kinds of opposition/venue in the bad results list.

Anyway, after I lost almost all fluidity after 14.2, I was waiting a little longer before doing something about it.

What I can say is that, I did something after observing some of the matches, which I can suggest to the struggling people: I REMOVED RETAIN POSSESSION from S&S14.2.

Ever since its initial conception, I was a little worried about it, because I normally use retain possession when I need to hold a result, as a time wasting feature. Felt weird to have it as a dominating tactic concept. And that's what's really happening, my midfielders pass the ball between themselves and the F9, without objectivity. That's why I ended matches dominating possession and having 2 shots on target only, drawing a lot, or losing 1-0 due to some set piece.

I still don't have a lot of data to consider it as successful, but after switching, I am on a 9-matches unbeaten run, which feels consistent enough for me. 8 matches to close the league, sitting 2nd, 6 pts behind the leader. There is hope.

For the people having S&S14.2 succesful, most likely it works due to good dribbling/crossing fullbacks, which is the good offensive escape for this tactic. However, I play with Flamengo in Brazil and the good fullbacks are rare around here in 2015. I have the best duo in the league, but they are not greeeeat.

As an alternative for Rosler, I'd re-recommend something I suggested in the past: use direct passing for a couple of the guys (maybe CM and F9), if you want to keep retain possession. There must be someone in this team seeking to feed the CF. ;) This should generate more non-set pieces/non-crossing chances. I have not tested this alternative yet as I have very little playtime available and I have to favour enjoyment/fun over experiments. ;)

There could be a counter/direct version soon...keep your eyes opened. :D

Thanks for the feedback as ever.

I cant really complain about results as i'm top of the league and have only lost 3 of the last 37 league games.

However i have not really been happy with the style of the tactic and i've not been 'hammering' teams the way I like and have been relying on a good defensive record.

I also agree that i dont like the idea of having 'retain possession' as a corner stone of the tactic but there is no doubt it is a good 'band aid' for ME 14.2 which enables us to grind out pretty decent results albeit not with a massive amount of style.

However i don't enjoy constantly encountering the massed, organised defences that 'retain possession' tends to lead to.

So i am working on an update for the tactic without 'retain possession' and further direct elements in play.

Bit weird that. All you can do is try and ride it out. Keep morale as high as possible. Dont put too much pressure on them with team talks unless you have an easy home game. You should start to hit form soon. Good luck :confused:

Just won 3-0 in the Champions League to Vienna. Watching the footage back I am starting to think that the full backs are crucial. My full backs are often getting to the touchline and I think that they could do with being a bit more creative. Might be interesting to see how a more traditional winger would fare if retrained to FB?

Gave the tactic a go this afternoon pretty good so far I'm Soligorsk in Belorus drew with Gomel (bit of a boogie team) and beat Dinamo Minsk away 3-1 to keep the fans happy have been playing a 3-5-2 with attacking wingers so my players arn't that suited to the tactic did notice an increase in goals from corners but is only 2 games.

10 games into our first season into professional football and its all going swimmingly:

z0od.png

Though, as Uwe stated, there are no runaway victories here:

w9mf.png

Our form in the league has been steady but every games has been close. And yes most of the problems I think come from retain posssession.... mostly their goals have come from when of our players has lost possession while trying to hold onto the ball. I agree with gredawarha that full backs seem to be key and Ive seen much imporvement in this area but again fast striker can rip this division apart.

The set pieces have just been dull on both sides. .... only conceded three from corners while only scored two.

Will be pleased to see the back of retain possession but no idea what to replace it with.

Well i've got to be honest guys, i don't think i can do any better than my latest version on this match engine (14.2).

As soon as I remove retain possession and go a bit more direct everything stops working.

Looking at my own results and most of the results posted up here they are consistently way above board expectations. Aleynasdad is top of the league immediately after promotion with a string of impressive if not spectacular results.

I've gone on long unbeaten runs of mostly wins with a weak team in the division so I guess i'm gonna have to be happy with that.

I guess we could look at the Full Backs as a focus of the tactic, possibly re-looking at key attributes and perhaps using 'exploit the flanks' to enhance this.

But overall I think 14.2 is a pretty tough nut to crack and i think i'm pretty close to maxing out what can be achieved with 1 tactic in terms of my own ability.

I'm sure someone will likely come along with an 'uber' tactic at some point and good luck to them when they do.

But i'll be well into my 20 year project with Stockport by then. I'm on track for my 4 promotion in 5 seasons. Hope to be in the Prem by season 8 at the latest which will still give me 12 years at the top table.... i'll take that :brock:

Well i've got to be honest guys, i don't think i can do any better than my latest version on this match engine (14.2).

As soon as I remove retain possession and go a bit more direct everything stops working.

Looking at my own results and most of the results posted up here they are consistently way above board expectations. Aleynasdad is top of the league immediately after promotion with a string of impressive if not spectacular results.

I've gone on long unbeaten runs of mostly wins with a weak team in the division so I guess i'm gonna have to be happy with that.

I guess we could look at the Full Backs as a focus of the tactic, possibly re-looking at key attributes and perhaps using 'exploit the flanks' to enhance this.

But overall I think 14.2 is a pretty tough nut to crack and i think i'm pretty close to maxing out what can be achieved with 1 tactic in terms of my own ability.

I'm sure someone will likely come along with an 'uber' tactic at some point and good luck to them when they do.

But i'll be well into my 20 year project with Stockport by then. I'm on track for my 4 promotion in 5 seasons. Hope to be in the Prem by season 8 at the latest which will still give me 12 years at the top table.... i'll take that :brock:

Tactic works great for me, even the 14.2 version. But you need good attacking full backs, a quick CF who can finish and need to be dominant in the air at set pieces (16+ jumping combined with a 16+ corner taker).

I'll post my early impressions of this tactic with Bath City. I started the beginning of the season with the initial tactic and while it was very good offensively, I found it to be suspect defensively. I usually ended up winning games 4-3, 4-2, 3-2, etc. However, once I switched to the 14.2 version I found the defence got much better. One little thing I did to supplement the defence was after I scored to go up I would immediately switch to defensive. Even doing that I found my scoring chances didn't decrease. Here are some screenshots from my half season so far.

Here's the league table from the Skrill South:

Xx8XpfP.jpg

Second overall with a game in hand. I believe we were projected to finish 18th as well at the beginning of the season. I made no signings as well, just going with the team as it was from the beginning.

Here is the best result I achieved, with my CB scoring 4 goals (only 2 from set pieces), and being in defensive all game after I scored in the 4th minute:

NXaSDg6.jpg

Finally, here is my recent fixture list. I switched to 14.2 after the thumping at Preston (no surprise, but good money):

BAEPa6a.jpg

If I have to stick with retain possession to keep this great run going then thats what Ill do. This IS my uber tactic!

Thanks Uwe.

Thanks for the feedback as ever.

I cant really complain about results as i'm top of the league and have only lost 3 of the last 37 league games.

However i have not really been happy with the style of the tactic and i've not been 'hammering' teams the way I like and have been relying on a good defensive record.

I also agree that i dont like the idea of having 'retain possession' as a corner stone of the tactic but there is no doubt it is a good 'band aid' for ME 14.2 which enables us to grind out pretty decent results albeit not with a massive amount of style.

However i don't enjoy constantly encountering the massed, organised defences that 'retain possession' tends to lead to.

So i am working on an update for the tactic without 'retain possession' and further direct elements in play.

More than happy to stick with the way it is love it, u still have to manage well to get results thats what i like

So then after my poor run of 2 wins in 8 I did some minor tweaks and the results were amazing. In the next 9 games I won 8 and lost 1 scored 23 and conceeded 6 and have now dragged myself to 5th and in the playoffs so in doing this I have found some very minor tweaks that I would consider.

1. Just took off Retain Possession. The only real thing I saw was possession went from low 60s to high 40s and does create more chances.

2. Tough away games when confidence is low I started with Retain Possession and went defensive and that actually works and made us look decent. This included a 3-0 away win at Sheff Utd who were walking the league at that point.

Just thoughts of ways to help you out the slump but the formation itself is still very strong.

Just to finish the story. Playoff Semis. Lost Home leg 2-1 but won away leg 1-0 and won on Pens. Then in the playoff final won 2-1 after extra time. So back to back promotions and next up Championship.

So then after my poor run of 2 wins in 8 I did some minor tweaks and the results were amazing. In the next 9 games I won 8 and lost 1 scored 23 and conceeded 6 and have now dragged myself to 5th and in the playoffs so in doing this I have found some very minor tweaks that I would consider.

1. Just took off Retain Possession. The only real thing I saw was possession went from low 60s to high 40s and does create more chances.

2. Tough away games when confidence is low I started with Retain Possession and went defensive and that actually works and made us look decent. This included a 3-0 away win at Sheff Utd who were walking the league at that point.

Just thoughts of ways to help you out the slump but the formation itself is still very strong.

Just to finish the story. Playoff Semis. Lost Home leg 2-1 but won away leg 1-0 and won on Pens. Then in the playoff final won 2-1 after extra time. So back to back promotions and next up Championship.

My completely un scientific observations follow what Paggioram said. Been experimenting with removing retain posession and short passing. In addition I have set my two strikers to "shoot less often". Sounds daft but it seems to stop the wasteful long shots.

Had a lot of success with this tactic and the others when playing more as an underdog, got Shelbourne to the cusp of champions league group stages, Stoke into the top 4 etc. However, I then try using the tactic with a big team (in this case Chelsea) and it seems incredibly ineffective. I know the tactic can work, very successfully but despite that with Chelsea the team regularly collapses in on itself and shots on target/vs efforts languishes at less than 25%. The very few rare games I am an underdog or on a more even footing, Bayern, Man City, Real Madrid - the team seems to play magnificently. Anyone got any insight as to what I can do in these circumstances?

Had a lot of success with this tactic and the others when playing more as an underdog, got Shelbourne to the cusp of champions league group stages, Stoke into the top 4 etc. However, I then try using the tactic with a big team (in this case Chelsea) and it seems incredibly ineffective. I know the tactic can work, very successfully but despite that with Chelsea the team regularly collapses in on itself and shots on target/vs efforts languishes at less than 25%. The very few rare games I am an underdog or on a more even footing, Bayern, Man City, Real Madrid - the team seems to play magnificently. Anyone got any insight as to what I can do in these circumstances?

I agree with these observations. The tactic is clearly better suited if you're the underdog or about even. If the opponent plays very defensive and keeps its men behind the ball the tactic seems to lack creativity. You are very reliant on set pieces in those games.

OK,

I believe I have managed to create a version of The Fulcrum which has all of the benefits of my 14.2 tactic and none of the draw backs i.e. slow build up and the problems that can lead to.

Say hello to 'Solaris'

https://www.mediafire.com/?g9grc4z0e1l5rz4

Original formation and player roles.

Retain possession off, MUCH higher tempo, ATTACKING mentality.

I've been destroying teams again.

Regularly 20 sometimes 30 shots per match. although too many longshots at the moment which i'm looking at.

Still a prototype so feedback appreciated.

**** Tempo, passing & mentality WILL NOT BE FLUID. Ideally plug in before pre-season or if not be patient and give it time to get fluid ****

enjoy and Merry Xmas :brock:

OK,

I believe I have managed to create a version of The Fulcrum which has all of the benefits of my 14.2 tactic and none of the draw backs i.e. slow build up and the problems that can lead to.

Say hello to 'Solaris'

**** Tempo, passing & mentality WILL NOT BE FLUID. Ideally plug in before pre-season or if not be patient and give it time to get fluid ****

Mr Rosler I have tried to down load several times and it wont download.

OK,

Say hello to 'Solaris'

Regularly 20 sometimes 30 shots per match. although too many longshots at the moment which i'm looking at.

You said MUCH HIGHER TEMPO, yet when I load the tactic it's set to HIGHER TEMPO. Which one is correct?

OK, thats League 1 taken care of.

4erj.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Played first half of season with SS 14.2, 2nd half with Solaris.

Not much in it but was able to put better runs together with SS 14.2. Solaris creates a lot of chances for your strikers........ to then miss.

Maybe Solaris is good for those of you using bigger rep teams.

Will be going back to SS 14.2 next season.

Morning Uwe.... my game is in crisis at the mo as my mate got me to buy a macpro and play off windows using parallel..... not working at the mo.... so not sure when ıll be back in ym game.

The issue you have may well be the higher tempo... its always been the case that a higher tempo= more mistakes. Have you tried just dropping the tempo down?

Oh and merry christmas all!!! (although mine wont be if I cant get the game to play!!!)

G

Mr U Rosler... Solaris is amazing! I was having not a good dynamic with my fowards with the previous 14.2 (tried to tweak but without sucess) tactic but this Solaris is simple astonishing! Not only the fowards get involved more in the game but the Central Midfield with the role to attack gets more goals and assists...at least with me! My congrats

Mr U Rosler... Solaris is amazing! I was having not a good dynamic with my fowards with the previous 14.2 (tried to tweak but without sucess) tactic but this Solaris is simple astonishing! Not only the fowards get involved more in the game but the Central Midfield with the role to attack gets more goals and assists...at least with me! My congrats

Thanks. When it's good, it's VERY good. You are vulnerable when your strikers have an off day.

Thanks. When it's good, it's VERY good. You are vulnerable when your strikers have an off day.

Very good indeed. One of the things I like is the two strikers playing with the midfielders and how fast the ball is set in foward zones. I had defeated Barcelona at home by 3-0 with this caractheristic.

still a bit dodgey in defense seem to let a lot of goals in but maybe cos all not at fluid i hope

My team is vey solid at defense. Wait unitl all is fluid and if needed, set training for defensive position (or follow the training guide in the first posts)

For my Chelsea game I'm going to have to find another tactic. Bizarrely I just can't get it working and its just getting poorer in terms of results the better my squad gets. A midfield of Pogba, Hazard, Wanyama with Lars Bender in the holding position have just been pedestrian in so many games. Peaked against Southampton where I had 17 shots but 0 on target, can't understand where its going wrong, defenders seem horribly sloppy and attackers the same across the Fulcrum spectrum. I haven't tried my other saves since 14.2 lol.

Really can't provide any insight into where its going wrong though sadly, I'm all too aware of how pre-season training and team talks etc it just seems to get into the match and then my players will watch opposing players walk past without intervention etc.

After reading how people are struggling with 'Big Teams' I thought I would start a save with a big team to see how it goes. Chelsea seemed a good one based on feedback.

NO TRANSFERS

qa2u.png

5tap.png

Not really sure what the fuss is about. Lost to Man U away (last minute penalty) and Legia away in Champions league where we never recovered from conceding from 2 early corners. Thats it.

Scoring for fun. Only conceded 8 goals in Prem. Only 2 from open play. Rest from set-pieces.

Been playing Demba Ba as my complete forward 18 goals in 13 starts.

Mata as my F9, 10 goals and 10 assists in 14 games.

7xww.png

g9tk.png

Will report back when i've finished season.

**** using tweaked version of Solaris ****

Finally got the mac working but sad to see the standard solaris was a bit of a let down. I just couldn't seem to score. Of course I didnt give it as long as I would have liked but my record was 2-2-2 over six games and lost top spot. However things reverted back to stupendous when I returned to s and s for the latest edition, winning away at Plymouth and then stuffing leaders Cheltenham 4-1 away... best result of the season. The problem with solaris for me is the tempo... my team were just losing possession all the time because they were rushing and the tempo never seemed to get to fluid whereas everything else was ok.

Interested to see a different solaris though as I will never be happy with retain possession.

Finally got the mac working but sad to see the standard solaris was a bit of a let down. I just couldn't seem to score. Of course I didnt give it as long as I would have liked but my record was 2-2-2 over six games and lost top spot. However things reverted back to stupendous when I returned to s and s for the latest edition, winning away at Plymouth and then stuffing leaders Cheltenham 4-1 away... best result of the season. The problem with solaris for me is the tempo... my team were just losing possession all the time because they were rushing and the tempo never seemed to get to fluid whereas everything else was ok.

Interested to see a different solaris though as I will never be happy with retain possession.

Just trying to finish the Chelsea save. Going for 5 trophies season 1 with no transfers. won 2 already (Super Cup against Bayern + league Cup) neck and neck in the league with Man U, everyone else miles behind, quarters of FA cup with Man U already knocked out (the only team that can touch me) and 2-1 up against Juve after away leg in the knockout round of Champions League.

Was walking league then hit a 'wall' in January AGAIN when form dropped off. I'm beginning to think there is something in this. The next Tactic will also have a 'sister' tactic which essentially plays the same way but with a slightly different formation to 'trick' the AI into thinking you have a new tactic. You can rotate them them or just introduce them when form drops to 'break the sequence'.

Anyway assuming the Chelsea save doesn't blow up i'll release the tactic soon. Its similar to Solaris but much tighter defensively and stupid longshots seem to have disappeared.

Only doing 1 season at Chelsea then will be back to the might County and their Championship campaign. Its been great managing Chelsea though !

So is your advice to change to the rainmaker when the tatic drops off or is playing with just rainmaker the way forward?

P.s your tactics are boss

With big team definafely 'Rainmaker'. Smaller teams I'm testing and awaiting feedback.

I probably wouldn't change mid season as will not be fluid.

Archived