Sports Interactive Community
R. Hearn

Help! Too Many Fouls...

I seriously have no idea what to do regarding the fouls. My team seems to commit a lot of fouls and it's so frustrating. In the last game, which was a cup final, my team got two red cards. Heck, even the press asks me about the aggressiveness of my team. I've tried different things. I've tried the stay on feet instruction, I've tried it without, and I've even tried assigning ease off tackles on all my players, but nothing works at all. On average, I get up to five yellows cards a game and it's become really annoying. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do to reduce the number of fouls my teams commits? All help and suggestions are welcomed and much appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried looking at some of the other posts and comparing it to your tactics. Standing off opponents and making sure you aren't telling your poor tacklers to tackle hard.

We need to know more about your tactic and the settings you are using before anyone is able to help. It might be a case of using OI's though.

I believe the foul count has increased with the lower leagues in the latest update. That could be your problem, but as Cleon says without knowing what your player and team instructions are it's hard to tell.

I play as Milan, so I'm not sure it the foul increase with the latest patch should affect me. Besides, it's been the same even before the latest update.

My formation is a 4-1-2-1-2 and my current tactic setup is like this:

Shorter Passing

Play Out of Defence

Run at Defence

Play Wider

Push Higher Up

Roam from Position

Hassle Opponents

Use Tight Marking

Use Offside Trap

Lower Tempo

Be More Expressive

As I've stated, I've tried the Stay on Feet instruction, but that doesn't work. I've even tried the Ease Off Tackles instruction for all my players, yeah the numbers of fouls, yellow cards, and red cards are still too high.

The issue here has probably nothing to do with the tackling itself, but to know for sure you're going to need to post some more info. here's a list of information you should probably include in your thread so others would be able to have any meaningful comment:

• What cards do you suffer? Straight reds, Yellows
  • What sort of foul did your players make? Proffessional, agressive tackling, pushes, duels,...
  • A few screenshots of the situations leading to the foul or, if at all possible, a youtube film of the situations in question
  • Any observations you made..
  • How many cards does the opposition get?

From what I can see you play a very narrow formation with a lot of roaming, tight marking and hard pressing. Your team will probably be too late to make any attempt to tackle for the ball, hence a lot of yellows.

You have no-one at the flanks so if you get overrun there, your full back will probably need to make a foul to defend your goal

The hard pressing in a narrow formation can tire your team if the opposition exploits the flanks, a tired squad will need to make fouls or will do so unintended at the end of the second half.

Like I said, these are probably the issues, but there 's no way one can tell for sure without a lot more information.

I tend to suffer a lot of yellow cards, and the red cards are usually straight reds. I think I've only had two situations where the red cards came from double booking. All the straight red cards have been results of vicious fouls. My team currently tops the yellow cards table in the league with 82 yellow cards. The second team is Sampdoria with 68, so that's quite a lot. As for red cards, I'm in fourth with 5 red cards. There's definitely more if I take into account the Champions League and the Italian Cup. In the last match I played, which was the Italian Cup final against Lazio, I have four yellow cards and two straight red cards, both for vicious fouls. From what I've noticed, most of them are from two-footed tackles, hacking feet etc.

Also, I'm not sure how to do the screenshot thingie. Plus, I used the 2D, so not sure if that helps and whatnot.

ALT+F9, those will be saved in your screenshots folder. Then upload it to a free uploading site.

Alternatively, use prt screen, open paint or something similar, paste, save, upload.

2D is fine, because I suspect it has to to with shape and aggressive players being late for the tackle. Maybe Cleon has a point when she says it could be OI's, look around for the motivation (fired up!, aggressive) in the motivation widget, PPM's and attributes of the culprits too. Every bit of possibly related information is necessary to be accurate in advice on the subject.