pemu

"football manager 2014 has stopped working" - a message when I QUIT the game

31 posts in this topic

Whenever I finish playing the game and quit and exit to Windows I get the message: "football manager 2014 has stopped working".

How to get rid of that issue?

I get this from time to time on my mac too.

A mild irritation but always seems to save the game ok so not the end of the world.

It's a non malignant bug :) won't have any effect on your game but you should bug report it as it can be fixed.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who experiences this issue... :-)

Have had this full-time with both 13 and 14 but as have been said so far it haven't really effected anything so I just live with it. Did report it for 13 and they said they fixed it a couple times but yea well... as long as it doest kill my saves.

Had the same, all the time, on FM13. Haven't seen much of it with FM14 myself though.

Don't know why that is.

I had it on FM12 and still have it on FM12 . Did not buy FM13.No problem for me now on FM14 ..

I had it with FM13 and now get it 7/10 with FM14. A guy from SI replayed to me last year saying it won't have any effect on your game and is a known issue. Didn't know it could be fixed, Kriss? Either way it doesn't bother me too much.

Have same issue, had it on FM 13 as well. Not sure there is any solution, beyond SI fixing it.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. It's just an additional information to reassure you that closed the game and thus it stopped working :)

I've had it since FM12 100% of the time.

Probably because when you quit FM the process for fm.exe suddenly closes, but it doesn't cause any issues so yeah, pretty negligible.

Every time I close FM13 I get it. I haven't purchased FM14 as my FM13 bug report was ignored earlier this year.

had it on FM13 & 14, obv not a problem at all but I noticed this time round that it happens most, but not all the time on 'normal' FM but never on FM Classic mode

This is an issue that SI have been aware of for a while , but it has proved difficult to reproduce as it doesn't happen every time on every machine. It is not known to cause any issues so it can be ignored. I am not sure if it can be resolved but maybe Kriss can elaborate.

I'm guessing Kriss meant to say report it SO it can be fixed but I'd be happy to be proven wrong :D

I have had that issue, but believed it is a Windows issue when the game is shut down, rather than the game itself.

So what the solution?

Pressing the X in the top right hand side corner of the message works every time for me.....

used get this alot but I normally clear cache and verify game

And that fixed it? Or not?

There's nothing really to fix. It isn't an issue, just close and ignore it. It'll be something SI need to do I imagine to stop it happening, and it's been there in a few editions.

There's nothing really to fix. It isn't an issue, just close and ignore it. It'll be something SI need to do I imagine to stop it happening, and it's been there in a few editions.

An error message is nothing to fix? First time I've heard that.

An error message is nothing to fix? First time I've heard that.

Your post seemed to be asking whether the solution another poster suggested fixed it. I was saying that anything the user does is unlikely to fix it, and it would be something SI would need to look at. Then given it's doing absolutely no harm, I doubt it's particularly high on their to-do list. I thought that was pretty clear.

Reinstall steam by closing Steam --> deleting everything exept Steam.exe and the SteamApps folder

re-launch steam

seems to have fixed it, not sure though. only closed the game once since re-installing

I have just had this error the first time i have come across it on this years game (just started a new game too), i used to get it quite frequently on FM13 as far as i am aware it doesnt effect your save.