While waiting for the transfer ...

I have what's maybe a slightly odd question. My scout came up with this 15 year old South Korean GK with amazing talent, so I was like OMG SIGN. Well, he signed, and I totally forgot (and didn't check the date) that he can't join until he's 18, in 2,5 years, otherwise I wouldn't have done it .... So my question is: What's this guy going to do to develop his talent in those years while not being at a football club and actually never having been at a football club in his life? Is it going to be 2,5 years of wasted time for him (my guess)? Or will he get some sort of magical training using fairy dust?

He's not at a club and has never been at a club, he was picked up from the streets of Jeonju, where I can only assume he was kicking a ball about with some other kids in a backyard -- kudos to my scout for that. So I guess I'll count on the fairies for this one. He can't go to an affiliate when he's not at the club yet.

U-18 players cannot do international transfer such as this. So basically yeah that player isn't coming to your until he's 18, thats 2 and a half years he's gonna sit at home in Korea listening to mindless K-pop. But hey, even if he doesn't develop, when he arrives at 18 you can still make up for lost time, after all he is a goalkeeper and goalkeeper generally don't peak until at least 26.

• 2 weeks later...

After not kicking a ball ever in his life, his highly anticipated move to Italy was cancelled because Italian clubs can't sign more than 2 non-EU players from abroad per season, which I had done ... hahahaha, poor fella. Anyway, he hasn't developed at all, and I didn't really want him any more.

This is a part of the game that needs work. If a player is pre-signed, he should be able to play for a local club in the meantime, and the game should have stopped me from signing that second non-EU player when it knew I had a guy coming in March, which should already have used up one non-EU spot for the season.

After not kicking a ball ever in his life, his highly anticipated move to Italy was cancelled because Italian clubs can't sign more than 2 non-EU players from abroad per season, which I had done ... hahahaha, poor fella. Anyway, he hasn't developed at all, and I didn't really want him any more.

This is a part of the game that needs work. If a player is pre-signed, he should be able to play for a local club in the meantime, and the game should have stopped me from signing that second non-EU player when it knew I had a guy coming in March, which should already have used up one non-EU spot for the season.

It's something you have to be very careful with in Italy, I have a brazilian coming in 12 months time and yeah, have to be dang careful not to mess it up.

U-18 players cannot do international transfer such as this. So basically yeah that player isn't coming to your until he's 18, thats 2 and a half years he's gonna sit at home in Korea listening to mindless K-pop. But hey, even if he doesn't develop, when he arrives at 18 you can still make up for lost time, after all he is a goalkeeper and goalkeeper generally don't peak until at least 26.

Best reply eva! Yeah, goalkeepers are so easy to train up and unless you are gonna play him as a sweeper keeper, all you are going to miss out on is some physical gains from his immediate youth. The glory of GK's is that you can train them heavy and slam them with game time for some immediate gains.

Would you really want that? What if he suffered a career-threatening injury in a match?

You're right ... we should hire body guards to ensure they don't go and have a traffic accident or a bungee jumping mishap too!

But YES, I would of course want him to play in the meantime. Either that, or it should be impossible to sign someone so far in advance. Stopping a great talent completely from kicking a ball for years is a crime, and frankly absurd.

Archived