[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same problem for me. I play with Monaco. When playing away I can get draws at PSG or even win at Marseille. But when I play at home I even struggle against Evian or Lorient (playing on 'Attacking' at home and Standard or Counter away).

Burnum - try lowering your mentality to Standard at home. I usually get burned when I use Attacking at home or away.

To the people noticing the tactic isnt as effective after a few seasons. Do you also find that during games you will have hardly any highlights?

Especially against the bigger teams games will fly by with anything really happening.

Yes, I'll look away for a minute and it's in the 40th and not a highlight yet. Very odd.

The tactic is great. I do have some problems against teams that try to keep the result and play a possession football low on their own half...my team seems they cannot win the ball. All the shouts to regain ball is there..hassle opponents, Higher defensive line, and then I enable get stack in, I change mentality to attacking, e.t.c. Nothing seems to work. My team has high Work rate and teamwork...Anyway, maybe is just the match engine decided that I have to lose this game, but is always against lower teams.

One tip I have is, if your striker is good at Jumping, Heading (of course he must also be good as false 9) then enable the look for overlap option. I had some goals from crosses from my full backs on my ST. My wingers, rarely cross the ball, they usually cut inside but thats ok cause this is what I want them to do.

This tactic has been very effective for me. I've used it on FMC, so can't manipulate morale through teamtalks etc. Success is all down to the tactic.

First season I played Smederevo in the Serbian 2nd tier - forecast 13th and relegation, actual 2nd and promotion. Next season in the top tier, forecast 15th and relegation, actual champions after winning 12 of last 13 games. Now moved to Partizan. Can't beat Red Star for love nor money in head to head with either team, but picking up enough points against poor opposition to counteract that.

I'm unbeaten in 30 games with this which included 23 straight wins in all comps. Will do a full updates shortly when I complete my season.

Won the league again:

q9dz.png

Also won the Champions League on penalties v Barcelona after a close game.

My young striker was top of the goals and assists for the second year running:

xnhc.png

My Team. As you can see the wingers and central midfielders all chipped in:

na61.png

massively struggling at home games, even on standard I seem to get comfortably beat, been on counter a lot but had quite a few 0-0's...

away from home I'm good, just can't do anything at home.

I've already unticked offside trap & I now use work ball into box.. can't get my hand round it.

I'm crewe in league 1 btw, first season... sitting 8th in league so not doing too bad, with a better home record I'd be challenging top 2

Well done sir, playing Standard mentality most of the time, or are you switching?

Did you apply any of the tweaks?

I changed the mentality to control, took off the offside trap, retain possession and took the shorter passing off for the wingers, striker and advanced playmaker and put them all on more direct passing. Most importantly I added work ball into box.

Hello. I've been using Fussination's 1.0 tactic for the past 1.5 seasons with Vancouver Whitecaps and it has worked wonders. I won the league with them, won MLS Cup and dominated the oppostion in terms of shots and possession for most of those matches. I left Vancouver and took the Ipswich job in November 2015. Ipswich are 23rd in the Championship and have a severe lack of funds to pay wages - my job is to save them from relegation and I'm struggling to do so. I've played 5 matches so far using Fussination's 1.0 tactic and won 2 (including a 5-2 win over Liverpool), had 2 heavy defeats and one draw.

The players' tactical familiarity is admittedly low, but the tactic - which used to get me most of the possession and a heavy advantage in shots - now results in the opposition outshooting me 2 to 1 and with me having only 40% possession most games. Also, I noticed that we don't seem to have any luck. I've had two players get red-carded so far, and I've given away two penalties. Also, it seems like the moment I get a lead, the opposition equalize within a minute or so. The biggest hint I'm getting from the Ass-man is that my players aren't keeping possession, and my shooting is inaccurate. I've got my passing set to short and my mentality is either defensive or conservative most games.

Is this enough information for you to offer suggestions? Should I abandon the tactic? Or is this just how things go for teams at the bottom of the table? Thanks.

Is this enough information for you to offer suggestions? Should I abandon the tactic? Or is this just how things go for teams at the bottom of the table? Thanks.

I don't think you should abandon the tactic. There are plenty of reasons why it hasn't worked so far. Like you said, familiarity is low - get that up ASAP. Also, it's likely they went on a bad run of form before sacking the previous manager so player morale will probably be very low, therefore you'll need to give some effective team talks to get morale up (which is integral to players performing well). Another possibility is that - by sheer chance - Vancouver had players that were very well suited to this tactic and Ipswich do not. Obviously you'll have to wait until the transfer window opens to properly rectify that, but in short term, you can change the instructions to suit your team better. For example, if you have slow defenders, you should untick 'offside trap' and 'play higher up' (possibly change it to 'drop deeper'). Also, if you're not keeping possession, try ticking 'work ball into box'.

The quality of your DM and False Nine is also key. If you've got a striker who is useless as a F9 you will struggle to score. A lot of my goals come from the F9 playing in the wingers - if you've got a traditional number 9 or poacher for a striker, he won't be effective in this system. Also, goals for me tend to come from my Advanced Playmaker laying on through balls for the wingers, so his passing and creativity attributes should be top notch. Finally, as wingers tend to score the most in this tactic (at least for me) it's crucial that you have fast dribblers here with decent composure (they get a lot of one on ones).

Just so you know where I'm coming from: I took over Oxford (Football League 2) in November (I started unemployed and the manager, Chris Wilder, was sacked) and they were in 21st place. I managed to get the last playoff place using this tactic (although didn't get promoted unfortunately). Having had a whole preseason I've managed to sign some more suitable players and we're in 1st place (but not running away with it - only a point clear) in December.

Hey,

just wondering what anyone does when they get a red card...I've tried removing a winger or striker, but have yet to have success. Who do you drop, and do you drop to counter attack?

I usually drop one of the midfield two (usually the BBM). Then I move the AP over to the center of the field, and drop the False 9 between the two Defensive Wingers. This tends to make the formation more compact. I also drop the mentality down to defensive. I can usually prevent goals being scored on me by doing this, but rarely score goals this way.

I don't think you should abandon the tactic. There are plenty of reasons why it hasn't worked so far. Like you said, familiarity is low - get that up ASAP. Also, it's likely they went on a bad run of form before sacking the previous manager so player morale will probably be very low, therefore you'll need to give some effective team talks to get morale up (which is integral to players performing well). Another possibility is that - by sheer chance - Vancouver had players that were very well suited to this tactic and Ipswich do not. Obviously you'll have to wait until the transfer window opens to properly rectify that, but in short term, you can change the instructions to suit your team better. For example, if you have slow defenders, you should untick 'offside trap' and 'play higher up' (possibly change it to 'drop deeper'). Also, if you're not keeping possession, try ticking 'work ball into box'.

The quality of your DM and False Nine is also key. If you've got a striker who is useless as a F9 you will struggle to score. A lot of my goals come from the F9 playing in the wingers - if you've got a traditional number 9 or poacher for a striker, he won't be effective in this system. Also, goals for me tend to come from my Advanced Playmaker laying on through balls for the wingers, so his passing and creativity attributes should be top notch. Finally, as wingers tend to score the most in this tactic (at least for me) it's crucial that you have fast dribblers here with decent composure (they get a lot of one on ones).

Just so you know where I'm coming from: I took over Oxford (Football League 2) in November (I started unemployed and the manager, Chris Wilder, was sacked) and they were in 21st place. I managed to get the last playoff place using this tactic (although didn't get promoted unfortunately). Having had a whole preseason I've managed to sign some more suitable players and we're in 1st place (but not running away with it - only a point clear) in December.

Thanks for this advice. It's very good. I've had a little bit of success by keeping the same tactic, ticking off offside trap, dropping my players deep and keeping the mentality set to counter. I'll buy the right players in the next window, although Ipswich's finances are complete crap.

Hey,

just wondering what anyone does when they get a red card...I've tried removing a winger or striker, but have yet to have success. Who do you drop, and do you drop to counter attack?

I keep player instructions the same but switch to a flat 4-4-2. Dependent upon how im faring in the first 5-10 mins of playing attacking football, if im home/away and the amount of time left i may go counter or defensive

this tactic was a beast with 14.1.4, 7 games 7 wins in the league with Arsenal. First game after the update, against Cardiff City (a), I did not create any clear cut chances at all and ended up losing 1-0. bad news maybe?

Last night I finished off my season using 14.2 (from Morecambe onwards). Here are the results:

11449499633_ab34107e18_o.png

As you can see there was a marked improvement. Prior to the update, I was really struggling to score. Defensively I was solid but couldn't buy a goal. I did begin to concede a few more after the update, but I was always (except once) able to outscore my opponent. Also, in the one game that I lost the opposition scored two penalties and a 25-yard free kick (which is very rare) so I reckon that was just 'one of those games' where you're predestined to lose. I should point out a brought a striker in on loan during the same period who scored five in six which obviously helped a lot. But overall there definitely was an improvement after the update.

Here's the league table:

11449501023_828275a0ff_o.png

will this work in 14.2 cos just cant seem to score now game been updated from 14.1.4

it's funny because i was struggling to score before the update. since i've updated i've been scoring a lot more. don't know if it will help but if i'm dominating possession in a game i just keep increasing my mentality until i score. for example, i always start every game 'standard' and if i'm dominating possession, after five minutes i'll go 'control' and if i'm still dominating but haven't scored i'll go 'attacking' at around 25 minutes. i don't go 'overload' unless it's after 75 mins or i'm down by more than one goal (rarely happens though).

also, when i do score i immediately change to 'counter' for 5-10 minutes as i expect the opposition to push on a bit to try and get a goal. using 'counter' you can expose them when they commit men forward and i often get goals like this.

team talks are really important too. at half-time, if most players have ratings under 7 (which they normally do) i 'aggressively' say 'i'm not happy with the display' and get a largely positive reaction and tend to play much better in the second half. hope this helps

What are people's thoughts on this for 14.2?

Played 10 games now on 14.2 (albeit, I've changed the tactic a fair bit), and its just as effective as 14.1.4, only thing is, I seem to concede slightly more, but still winning.

Anyone seem to concede alot from corners?

I've been drawing all over the place (anyone else notice keepers making the silliest of mistakes?). But I took of work ball into the box and stuck it on attacking and won 2-0. Hoping its not a one off (probably is). hehe what changes did you make Stevemc?

I've been drawing all over the place (anyone else notice keepers making the silliest of mistakes?). But I took of work ball into the box and stuck it on attacking and won 2-0. Hoping its not a one off (probably is). hehe what changes did you make Stevemc?

Too many changes to list, managed to shore up the defence with "stay on feet" and "tigher marking" though.

This is my table before applying the update. Will post back later with how the latest patch effects the table..

c8yw.png

Well, went on to win the league and the FA Trophy. Played some fantastic football and only 6 defeats in 46 league games is very respectable in this tough league. Tactic clearly works well at this level:

vszp.png

uj4c.png

My striker hit 32 in the league to finish top scorer:

xecj.png

Team:

6moj.png

Well, went on to win the league and the FA Trophy. Played some fantastic football and only 6 defeats in 46 league games is very respectable in this tough league. Tactic clearly works well at this level:

vszp.png

uj4c.png

My striker hit 32 in the league to finish top scorer:

xecj.png

Team:

6moj.png[/quote

Did you played at 14.2 patch with this save? :)

God - I'm struggling now with the tactic after 14.2 version. Went from conceding 9-10 goals in 38 games to now conceding three or four goals "every" game. Had a 30-40 game unbeaten run with my River Plate, reached Copa Libertadores finals, won the league several times in a row - but now? It's horrible...

Archived