FM14 New Match Balls

Needlenose

1470231_549524815117297_1919646780_n.jpg

My favourite is the Red and White one bottom left, looks smashing in the game. Its called the Red & White V3 in the file folder.

:applause:Thanks to Daz for letting me upload this and for his great work as always :):applause:

Download file here https://files.secureserver.net/0sE9hBOCd5ZC1R

Please close your FM game first (saving it of course first)

Choose the ball colour you wish to use then place the files from that folder in the following path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2014\data\sigfx\props\ball

(If you wish to revert to the old ball, then backup your files first)

Original posting is here http://fmreport.simplygaming.org/t1959-fmreporter-3d-match-balls-v2-by-dazs8

I cant make the ball bigger, but try this... Make a copy of all the files in "ball" keep safe somewhere. edit "white_ball_texture" using paint or Paint.net (which im using), pick White or Yellow (which looks great) and fill the whole box - the ball will be bright... you will need to load the new "skin" via properties, and i have found starting from the load screen or reload the game completely too.

Question - your patterns fill the whole box, but the "base" design in "white_ball" has a 3d ball pattern. Ive found that if i use the whole box to make a design it doesn't translate to the match ball, so do we need to use the 3d pattern as a base?

Tried for a laugh using the "FIFA world ball" pattern - worked to but had too much red for me. (lol)

I tried this initially and it worked fine but when I changed it to another ball type, FM crashed and it has been crashing ever since with any ball except the default one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure you load the new ball while FM is shut down. Also make sure you overwrite all of the ball files when putting a new one in there. Then clear your cache. Have not seen any issues of crashing when changing the ball via the instructions.

You can modify all of the balls from FM13 and place them in FM14. Use paint.NET to open the FM13 ball .dds file and change the size to 1024x1024 then save. I also suggest you use the "sharpen" facility in Paint.NET to give you a clearer ball in 3d matches. Then rename it "white_ball_texture" and save the original FM14 ball before you overwrite with the modded ball. I have succesfully tried a number of balls from FM13 and am currently using the Nike Premier League ball.

Bartdude

Making the size of the file bigger makes no difference at all to the ball.....

I made balls for FM13 too and these I made for FM14 are completely different.....tried using the ones from FM13 but the pattern does not stay true....it gets messed up.

I used the close camera angle to check all the patterns..if you have got them to work then give me a pic so I can have a look please.

DazS8

Hi DazS8,I made an assumption regarding the file size as I wanted to repeat the dimensions used in FM14 and yes you're right that the pattern appears to be untrue but I struggled at first to even notice,even though I play all my 3D games in close up mode. The fact that the ball is almost always in rotation I'm happy to live with graphical imperfections as I want a ball that approximately replicates actual balls used in world football. Incidentally I've always been a fan of your awesome skins and currently using Scorpio v2.0 as I prefer the scoreboard to v2.3. Thanks anyway for your feedback and keep up the great work mate,you're the one person who is truly enhancing the FM viewing experience with your various add-ons.

Hi DazS8,I made an assumption regarding the file size as I wanted to repeat the dimensions used in FM14 and yes you're right that the pattern appears to be untrue but I struggled at first to even notice,even though I play all my 3D games in close up mode. The fact that the ball is almost always in rotation I'm happy to live with graphical imperfections as I want a ball that approximately replicates actual balls used in world football. Incidentally I've always been a fan of your awesome skins and currently using Scorpio v2.0 as I prefer the scoreboard to v2.3. Thanks anyway for your feedback and keep up the great work mate,you're the one person who is truly enhancing the FM viewing experience with your various add-ons.

Thanks mate

Ah, been trying to register an account but just cannot, for some reason. Anyway, thanks :)

No problem, took me some effort to get it done as well. Did it a few years ago, you can only register in the Korean site, not with google translate on. that was the main problem I remember.

Ah well, you have the new ball!

Good luck

The ball in the game looks absolutely nothing like the picture !!!!

Plus putting work by other people on someones thread is not the best thing to do...IMO

I didn't test it, as I pointed out already and was replying to a request over here.

Only trying to help as this is supposed to be a "help forum".......................

These balls would be awesome if they were brighter as the brighter ball add-on

+1

I use the brighter one, but I tried with these and sometimes is hard to see the ball in he game.

+1

I use the brighter one, but I tried with these and sometimes is hard to see the ball in he game.

Use the new pitch textures with them as well. For me, the red and white one shows up in the game so much better than the white one, I think it has something do with the swirl on the ball that looks great in motion.

The brighter ball mod is actually NO BIGGER or BRIGHTER....it looks it only because it is plain white.

When detail is added thats when the ball becomes harder to see.

As for the World Cup Ball.....that would be the same....too much detail on it.....everyone would be moaning about it.

Also do people not use the CLOSE camera angle in the game?

No plans to make anymore although I am using a new one at the moment LOL.

I'm using the white and red on the close angle at the min, looks ace, tempted to try and give the yellow version of the world cup ball a go, can you just replace one ball in game? ie could i make the yellow one replace the winter ball only?

I'm using the white and red on the close angle at the min, looks ace, tempted to try and give the yellow version of the world cup ball a go, can you just replace one ball in game? ie could i make the yellow one replace the winter ball only?

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that the winter ball just changes the base white ball to yellow, so on mine after using the red/white from the pack I have a Red/Yellow winter ball now.

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that the winter ball just changes the base white ball to yellow, so on mine after using the red/white from the pack I have a Red/Yellow winter ball now.

Ok, Cool, might try make some vintage footballs from my youth or the world cup ball and see how they turn out :)

Are the nets easy to make, i've downloaded the custom ones on here and have the blue netting in, which looks good but not sure if i like the completely filled in, is it possible to just colour the netting (ropes) ?? Seems you are the oracle for extras on here... lol.

Ok, Cool, might try make some vintage footballs from my youth or the world cup ball and see how they turn out :)

Are the nets easy to make, i've downloaded the custom ones on here and have the blue netting in, which looks good but not sure if i like the completely filled in, is it possible to just colour the netting (ropes) ?? Seems you are the oracle for extras on here... lol.

You would have to play around with the nettingshader.dds and the goal_net.dds to change any of the other looks for it.

You would have to play around with the nettingshader.dds and the goal_net.dds to change any of the other looks for it.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/6igt8k.jpg

Well more than happy with my first effort ever at making a football for FM :)

FA Premier League and Red Nike logo on the reverse.

Done so far = http://tinypic.com/a/2uszl/4

Ball 2 - http://oi43.tinypic.com/8vqavq.jpg

Ball 3 - http://oi41.tinypic.com/206jy2d.jpg in progress....

Archived