[FM14] The U's and Me

kris0710

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are Billericay Town and Newcastle Town* doing?

*Probably won't have appeared if you don't have below Conference North & South active.

Haven't got the leagues below loaded but...

Billericay had 5 seasons in Skrill South finishing 21st in 2014/15, 15th then 22nd in 2023/24 and 2024/25. Finally they finished 18th and 20th in 2032/33 and 2033/34 seasons. They have reached the FA Cup 1st Round three times losing to Lincoln, Rochdale and most recently Harrogate.

As for Newcastle Town their claim to fame is losing to Oldham in the FA Trophy 1st Round.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQogY7oLwcLb5gkt3ucS8bqSczj7kn5HdAb_rJ8Mypp_AlI6cizLA

Cambridge United Football Club

Premier League 2046/47

October

cam-res-oct46_zps40cf8714.png

A mixed bag this month but we did collect maximum points from the games I expected to win. Two goals up against Forest and cruising but making a double change seemed to perk the away side up and they got a goal back but we held firm. A trip to highflying Southampton was next up and despite losing 4-2 it was one of our best performances of the season. Only the performance from hatrick hero Karamousis separated the sides. A great second half showing against Sheff Utd sealed an entertaining win with Player of the Season Filipe on target yet again. Ended the month with another away defeat, to Arsenal who struck twice in both halves to win easily.

cam-tab-oct46_zps4d559372.png

Europa League

cam-el-oct46_zps122336dc.png

Two very good away showings put us on the verge of the Knockout Stage again.

cam-eltab-oct46_zpsf2eae47d.png

Premier League 2046/47

November

cam-res-nov46_zpsbbe48d93.png

This was the month I expected our season to kick on but how wrong was I. Started well enough with three points from Cardiff before a terrible couple of matches at struggling Crystal Palace then losing our half time lead over Wycombe to be beaten 3-1.

cam-tab-nov46_zpsf71f1d4d.png

Really need to get a run going and quickly.

Europa League

cam-el-nov46_zps9195300b.png

A stunning win in Europe ensured we would win the group with two to play so we sent out a younger side that drew with Dinamo.

cam-eltab-nov46_zps7a917d82.png

Club Record

cam-rec-nov46_zps3be9f656.png

:thup:

Premier League 2046/47

December

cam-res-dec46_zps9db1ea6a.png

Here we go, at last. The month started poorly with defeat against MK Dons and that was followed by two decent draws, coming from behind twice against Spurs then coming within 6 minutes of beating West Ham. A first win of the month saw us beat Hull and follow that up with three more points at home to Aston Villa, although letting the away side come from 3-0 to 3-2 was worrying! Travelled to Liverpool and everything just clicked and what a performance it was. Three goals without reply was also the score that ended 2046, beating Derby.

cam-tab-dec46_zps529ab30a.png

Just three points off 5th now, things are looking up.

Europa League

cam-el-dec46_zpse743b912.png

Job done and now unbeaten in 30 group matches. Nice.

cam-eltab-dec46_zps830b3abf.png

Europa League Draw

cam-eldraw-dec46_zpsbc3fd927.png

Not a bad draw, although win this and it is likely to be Manchester City next. :thdn:

Premier League 2046/47

January

cam-res-jan47_zpsccdc8a86.png

A mixed month but nice to be steadily picking up points. Picked up a point at Fulham thanks to a Filipe penalty then cruised past Burton before thumping Chelsea 4-1. Form turns then with defeat at Old Trafford then only getting a point over Forest who levelled inside the last fifteen minutes.

cam-tab-jan47_zps6e5d8c9d.png

FA Cup

cam-fac-jan47_zps252d9210.png

Championship side Plymouth were no match then we threw away a fantastic chance to see off Arsenal.

cam-arsenal-jan47_zps1b6ff4d7.png

Contract

cam-contract-jan47_zpsab1e3dac.png

Transfers

A busy month for us bringing in five players whilst two left in permanent deals.

Miguel Villalba - £11.5m signing brought in from Celtic. Should suit the defensive side of my frontline.

Jean-Yves Roussel - A £2.1m signing from Lyon. Was due to sign in the summer on a free but took advantage of bringing him in early.

David Garai - Another signed cheaper as we were due to bring him in in the summer. Have two midfielders wanting out so they can go now.

Zandinatti - Young defender brought in on the cheap from Barcelona. Another expected to improve greatly in the coming years.

Yigit Ceneli - Tried to sign from PSV three years ago but was put off by the £14.5m price. So a chance to get him for £1.7m I would have been stupid not to.

Leaving the club this month has been striker Andreas Emil Kristiansen. Unhappy with lack of football and with Villalba coming in took the chance to sell for £6.5m. Second out the door was defender Raffaele Sorgiovanni. His two and a half years here hasn't worked out, clocking up just 45 PL appearances so with Zandinatti coming in I accepted a £4.3m bid from Dinamo Moscow.

64 and going strong. Fergie retired at 71, any plans to outlast him? :D

Hmmm. I really don't know. The last two or three seasons I have actually lost some enjoyment in the save and I am toying with an idea that could be fun. That said I have written off this season and am sticking with a new formation and a settled starting eleven and so far the results have been decent so my enthusiasm has come back a little.

If I go forward with my idea then I would probably look to see out my contract, three more years, then retire.

As you're in 2047, are there any real players left as staff? Even players like Mason Bennett will be getting old to be a manager/coach. :D

Yeah there is. I have Phil Jagielka and James Ward-Prowse to name just two. The likes of Joey Barton are still flying around as manager too. When I am on later I will put up a list of a few that are still knocking around.

Hmmm. I really don't know. The last two or three seasons I have actually lost some enjoyment in the save and I am toying with an idea that could be fun. That said I have written off this season and am sticking with a new formation and a settled starting eleven and so far the results have been decent so my enthusiasm has come back a little.

If I go forward with my idea then I would probably look to see out my contract, three more years, then retire.

Would be great if you decide to continue till your 70s, or even 80s!

Sadly a bit disappointing so far this year.

Not been good at all, but only four points from a CL spot. Go figure.

Would be great if you decide to continue till your 70s, or even 80s!

You just never know. Didn't expect to be here 5 years yet alone 35!

As you're in 2047, are there any real players left as staff? Even players like Mason Bennett will be getting old to be a manager/coach. :D

Real Players in still in the game as backroom staff:

Steve Sidwell, Ross Barkley at Arsenal

Michael Chopra, Tom Huddlestone at Villa

Joey Barton, Ryan Shawcross, Leon Britton, Luke Chambers at Cardiff

Jermaine Jenas at Derby

Will Hughes at Fulham

Jesse Lingard, Chris Cohen at Hull

Jonjo Shelvey, Tom Ince, Ben Alnwick at Liverpool

Kaka at Man City

Phil Jones at Man Utd

Steven Gerrard at MK Dons

Scott Sinclair at Sheff Utd

Jack Wilshere, Jack Butland, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at Southampton

Thomas Carroll, Steven Caulker at Spurs

Ben Foster at West Ham

Jack Rodwell at Wycombe

That's the PL.

Now are Managers only in the FL

Jake Forster-Caskey - Barnet

Chris Dagnell - Notts Co

James Perch - Portsmouth

Lee Peltier - Leeds

James Milner - Ipswich

Andrew Surman - Oldham

Nedum Onuoha - Barrow

Jordan Henderson - Newport

International managers...

Dean Moxey - Greece

Cesar Azpilicueta - Spain

Cesc Fabregas - Sweden

Javi Martinez - Switzerland

Chris Smalling - Denmark

Premier League 2046/47

April and May

This month started with another defeat and with that brought around plenty of annoyance and anger at how I see my constant tinkering is harming not helping. So I went back to basics with a 4-1-4-1 formation, looking to be solid at the back and more precise with our attacking.

That last a whole 12 minutes and I changed to this:

cam-formation-may47_zps1b8ccd37.png

The results that followed have seen my enthusiasm and excitement come rushing back...

cam-res-may47_zps63d1e119.png

cam-tab-may47_zps0a67782c.png

Gutted to have missed out on Europe next year. Normally 7th is enough but as Championship side Portsmouth reached the FA Cup Final they get the final slot.

Award

cam-pom-may47_zpsaed52dca.png

Premier League 2046/47

End of Season

Premier League

Shows how well we have done when I am really disappointed with 7th!

FA Cup

Blew a 3-0 lead at home to Arsenal in the 4th Round.

Capital One Cup

Yet another 3rd Round exit, losing a 2-0 lead to Championship side Blackburn.

Europa League

Topped the group with ease then saw off FC Twente before Man City knocked us out 3-1 on agg.

Finances

£27m in the bank after the board surprisingly added £14m to the coffers. A transfer budget of £26m will have to be stretched as I am looking for around five or six players.

Squad

A whole host of players unhappy and wanting out. That list contains Kuffour, Zandinatti, Burkett, Rocha, Perez, Hughes and Ceneli.

Seasons Honours:

Premier League : Champions: Man Utd Champions League: Arsenal, Wycombe and Man City Relegated: Crystal P, Derby and Aston Villa

Championship: Champions: Stoke Promoted: Blackburn and Huddersfield Relegated: Newcastle, Barnet and Notts C

League One: Champions: Leicester Promoted: Bolton and Wolves Relegated: Chester, Colchester, Leyton O and Carlisle

League Two: Champions: Gillingham Promoted: Chesterfield, Barrow and Southend Relegated: Crewe and York

Skrill Premier: Champions: Preston Promoted: Rotherham Relegated: Guiseley, Boston Utd, Staines and Bury

Skrill North: Champions: Stalybridge Promoted: Macclesfield Relegated: Ilkeston, Stafford and Vauxhall

Skrill South: Champions: Forest Green Promoted: Farnborough Relegated: Havant & W, Chelmsford and Hendon

FA Cup: Winners: Arsenal Runners Up: Portsmouth

League Cup: Winners: Southampton Runners Up: Man City

Community Shield: Winners: Arsenal Runners Up: Man City

JPT: Winners: Bolton Runners Up: Yeovil

FA Trophy: Winners: Boreham Wood Runners Up: Wrexham

Champions League: Winners: Inter Runners Up: Athletico

Euro Cup: Winners: Man City Runners Up: Arsenal

Super Cup: Winners: Barcelona Runners Up: Porto

|Season | Club | Division | Pos | FA Cup | Lge Cup | Champs Lge | Europa Lge | JPT | FA Trophy |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 18th | 4th Quali | | | | | 1st Rd Rep |
|2014/15 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 10th | 4th Quali | | | | | 2nd Rd Rep |
|2015/16 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 20th | 1st Round | | | | | 1st Rd |
|2016/17 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 17th | 4th Qul. Rep | | | | | 3rd Rd |
|2017/18 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 8th | 4th Qul. | | | | | 1st Rd |
|2018/19 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 14th | 1st Round Rep | | | | | Runners Up |
|2019/20 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 1st | 1st Round | | | | | 3rd Rd |
|2020/21 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League Two | 2nd | 1st Round | 1st Rd | | | Q Fin | |
|2021/22 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 13th | 1st Round Rep | 1st Rd | | | 2nd Rd | |
|2022/23 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 10th | 4th Round | 3rd Rd | | | Winners | |
|2023/24 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 3rd | 3rd Round | 1st Rd | | | 1st Rd | |
|2024/25 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 14th | 4th Round | 1st Rd | | | 2nd Rd | |
|2025/26 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 13th | 3rd Round | 1st Rd | | | 1st Rd | |
|2026/27 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 6th | 3rd Round | 2nd Rd | | | Q Fin | |
|2027/28 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 1st | 4th Round Rep | 2nd Rd | | | Final | |
|2028/29 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 21st | 3rd Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2029/30 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 19th | 3rd Round | 3rd Rd | | | | |
|2030/31 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 23rd | 4th Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2031/32 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 1st | 3rd Round Rep | 2nd Rd | | | S Fin | |
|2032/33 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 4th | 4th Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2033/34 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 3rd | 3rd Round Rep | 4th Rd | | | | |
|2034/35 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 16th | 3rd Round | Quarters | | | | |
|2035/36 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 5th | 4th Round Rep | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2036/37 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 12th | 3rd Round | Semi Fin | | 2nd KO Rd | | |
|2037/38 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 18th | Quarter Final | 1st Rd | | | | |
|2038/39 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 8th | 3rd Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2039/40 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 1st | 3rd Round | 4th Rd | | | | |
|2040/41 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 3rd | Quarter Final | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2041/42 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 5th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | 3rd in Grp | Quarter F | | |
|2042/43 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 8th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | 1st KO Rd | | |
|2043/44 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 5th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | | | |
|2044/45 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 6th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | Runners Up | | |
|2045/46 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 6th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | Quarter F | | |
|2046/47 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 7th | 4th Round | 3rd Rd | | 2nd KO Rd | | |

Premier League 2047/48

Pre Season

Expectations

Premier League: Respectable league position

FA Cup: Quarter Final

Capital One Cup: Not important

Transfers

cam-trans-jul47_zpsd9776c0c.png

Ins

Four players come in, three permanent deals and one loan.

Javi - Youngster joins from Barcelona after featured 65 times in the last four seasons. Met his minimum fee release and I think he will be a key player in how we do this season.

Niko Sestan - Won't start the season as first choice right back and has sadly missed all pre season with a torn hamstring. Not the greatest of starts for the Croatian.

Juan Gabriel Torrejon - Another Spaniard joins to play second fiddle to midfielder star Paulo Filipe. Has enjoyed two very good seasons at Getafe and I think will be a bargain at just over £5m.

Ali Okwara - English keeper joins on loan from Real Madrid as both Cassidy and King are missing through injury. Here until January I will look to send Cassidy out on loan once fit.

Outs

Another busy summer trying to dump the players that want out. Highly rated centre back Zandinatti was first out for £7.25m quickly followed by back up right back Kuffour. January signing Yigit Ceneli joined Sporting for £8m before Perez left after eight seasons at the club. Another with 8 years at the club was let go for free to Stoke, Flavio Rocha while right back Sebastiani leaves just two weeks before his testimonial! That leaves two players unhappy and wanting out. Loyal servant Trystan Hughes won't be leaving yet though as he is out injured for 5 months and then centre midfielder Justin Burkett is looking for a new club.

Squad

cam-squad-jul47_zps2e90bee2.png

Results

cam-res-jul47_zps00a0435a.png

A very busy summer where the main aim was to boost morale and get fit. Job done for sure.

Capital One Cup

We have been drawn away to League One side Reading in Round Two.

Wow! 64 goals scored and only 1 conceded in your preseason friendlies. Mad!

A good pre season but lets be fair, the opposition were poor for all the games really. Tottenham up first in the league should give me a good idea where I am tactically.

Would be nice to move on up a bit again.

It is starting to look like City and Southampton are coming to the end of a squad cycle so a chance for a top four is definitely there. Maybe no distraction of Europe this season will benefit us.

Shame about slipping a bit last season but this new tactic looks class!

Class? I don't know about that. I was worried that my lone frontman, shadow striker and attacking playmaker would start to trip over each other but that's working so far. I am very exposed with the right back playing higher up and attacking but the wide man has to either shoot from a tight angle or cross. 9/10 the cross is dealt with as I have my two CB plus the HB in central roles to get the ball away. I am most excited about the full backs as they get into so great scoring positions and their assists are amazing too.

Watch me lose 5-0 now! :D

Premier League 2047/48

August

cam-res-aug47_zps4cf3f080.png

Not the start I wanted nor expected but all is not lost. In the opening two games both goals could have been avoided with some ease but more on that shortly. In the final game of the month against Stoke we were beaten by two wingers and a class display from former player Rocha. Rocha had a hand in all three goals, the first two were crosses from the left headed in then from the right, headed into a striker who side footed the ball home. The third was a Rocha free kick that hit the bar and rebounded to a Stoke player who scored into an empty net.

Spurs (home)

Not a great game but won I felt we deserved to win. Adams scored the only goal on 56 minutes which happened to be the away sides only shot on target.

cam-spurs1-aug47_zps81f07da6.png

So the goal itself. The ball is cleared from the Spurs box and the players circled in green headed forward. My CB at the bottom of the screen moves towards the ball and missed his header allowing Adams circled in blue to race through one on one and score.

Liverpool (away)

cam-liv1-aug47_zps7f7b3ae6.png

With us taking the lead in the 85th minute I thought we would hold on until left back Ramshaw tried a cross field ball that was easily intercepted. Two touches later the ball was in the net from the midfielder playing it to the striker whose first time effort went in off the post.

cam-tab-aug47_zpsb27d42aa.png

Capital One Cup

cam-cup-aug47_zps416090b0.png

The second XI did a good job at Reading scoring in each half. Next up is Championship side West Brom at home.

Premier League 2047/48

September

cam-res-sep47_zpsc58b0c9c.png

A slightly better month started in great fashion with Fulham dispatched with ease before a draw at Sheff Utd that was a fair result in the end. Manchester United were the better side so the result was fair but losing with five minutes left is always disappointing.

cam-tab-sep47_zps2f069ae8.png

Making a habit of slow starts, need to pick up quickly.

Capital One Cup

cam-cup-sep47_zps75faf252.png

A tight win sets up a home tie with Nott'm Forest next month.

Premier League 2047/48

October

cam-res-oct47_zps181fdb4b.png

Yet another poor month. A close game at Southampton saw us come away with no points again before West Ham broke our hearts. 1-1 going into the 89th minute an own goal from Thomas then a fabulous strike with three seconds on the clock gave a much more convincing score line than the game suggests. Finally we played out a dour draw at Huddersfield.

cam-tab-oct47_zps9c77d5bc.png

Oh dear oh dear.

Capital One Cup

cam-cup-oct47_zps76200c41.png

League form is forgotten again as we saw off Forest with relative ease. 3-0 and 4-1 when conceding the goals a QF spot was never in doubt. Championship side Aston Villa await.

Premier League 2047/48

November

cam-res-nov47_zpsd268af09.png

A draw with Forest should have been three points as we led three times before letting them score in the last two minutes. A point at fellow strugglers MK Dons was not good enough but that is a vast improvement on what happened at Arsenal and Hull. Two of the top three eased past us with no trouble at all.

cam-tab-nov47_zps9cc25a72.png

May be time for another great escape.

Premier League 2047/48

December

cam-res-dec47_zps13500234.png

At last some form! December kicked off with Cardiff coming from behind to clinch the points before a big clash with struggling Chelsea saw us come out 2-0 winners. As always we follow a good result with a bad one and Blackburn profited from our inability to score to score from the spot. Not many can say they are happy to face Manchester City next but our fabulous home record in the PL against them continued with a late header from defender Kin Ji-Hun grabbing three points. Burton came to town and a brace from stand in Hope was enough for a second win in a row. A third came at Wycombe with Villalba scoring twice. The year ends with a point against Liverpool in a tight match. Confidence is high going into the New Year, time to kick on.

cam-tab-dec47_zps8f78f577.png

Capital One Cup

cam-cup-dec47_zps1c49b797.png

The Championship leaders won a boring game 5-4 on pens. Gutted as the other Semi Final sides are Cardiff, Spurs and West Ham.

Return of the Rowe

cam-rowe-jan48_zps43a4e3df.png

What a signing!

Out of contract in the summer I made him a crazy offer contractually not expecting him to sign, but he did.

Offered the chance to make the deal permanent now for £3.9m I jumped at the chance.

cam-rowe2-jan48_zpsfcf238c6.png

A nice bonus.

cam-rowe3-jan48_zpsf1aa4581.png

£££

Spurs (home)

Not a great game but won I felt we deserved to win. Adams scored the only goal on 56 minutes which happened to be the away sides only shot on target.

cam-spurs1-aug47_zps81f07da6.png

Liverpool (away)

cam-liv1-aug47_zps7f7b3ae6.png

With us taking the lead in the 85th minute I thought we would hold on until left back Ramshaw tried a cross field ball that was easily intercepted. Two touches later the ball was in the net from the midfielder playing it to the striker whose first time effort went in off the post.

Obviously you've posted about ten time since this and you've probably figured it out but for my money the first is just a mistake - nothing to worry about tactically. In the second though, your LB has no other alternative other than to hoof it long or go for the spectacular pass to the only free man. If by any chance you were trying to retain possession, he'd have to go for the crossfield ball. Maybe look at the settings of the players around him - particularly the defensive CM who should always be an 'out' ball for him. By the looks of it, your three guys up in the centre circle weren't contributing much to support play and none of them are offering an option either - the classic 'mother's meeting'!

Obviously you've posted about ten time since this and you've probably figured it out but for my money the first is just a mistake - nothing to worry about tactically. In the second though, your LB has no other alternative other than to hoof it long or go for the spectacular pass to the only free man. If by any chance you were trying to retain possession, he'd have to go for the crossfield ball. Maybe look at the settings of the players around him - particularly the defensive CM who should always be an 'out' ball for him. By the looks of it, your three guys up in the centre circle weren't contributing much to support play and none of them are offering an option either - the classic 'mother's meeting'!

It was a problem for the first half a dozen games with the left back lacking support but only when the keeper distributes quickly. I had it set to play the ball out to my LB so he has he most touches in the side every game and has a very good pass completion rate. Have set my LW to get wider now and that has offered him an out ball.

On the plus side the issues my tactic creates are so glaring it is easy to spot and work on a solution. This is very much a work in progress although I do wonder if I should stick to my normal formation and accept a top 8 finish that it generally gives.

In a real quandary at the moment. I stopped enjoying the save with my old tactic as we weren't 'pushing on' but now with the results not great I have found myself just clicking continue and not really taking in anything. Grrr.

Premier League 2047/48

End of Season

Premier League

A dire season for the most part, finished in 11th.

FA Cup

Third Round exit at Liverpool was poor.

Capital One Cup

A nice run to the Quarter Final before being dispatched by Championship side Aston Villa on penalties.

Finances

In the red to the tune of £5m which gives me a dire budget of just £3m to purchase players.

Squad

This summer should see goalkeeper King, midfielders Reid and Llorente and striker Ramirez leave the club along with Hughes, Burkett and Paul who are out on loan. With those out the door a new keeper and a new striker will need to come in, probably on loan. We have also tied up a free transfer deal for a AMR.

Seasons Honours:

Premier League : Champions: Arsenal Champions League: Man City, Man Utd and Hull Relegated: Blackburn, Huddersfield and MK Dons

Championship: Champions: Aston Villa Promoted: Crystal P and Derby Relegated: Cheltenham, West Brom and Bournemouth

League One: Champions: Ipswich Promoted: Notts C and Southend Relegated: Stockport, Bristol C, Walsall and Barnet

League Two: Champions: Newport C Promoted: Altrincham, Oxford and Leyton O Relegated: Preston and Scunthorpe

Skrill Premier: Champions: Wrexham Promoted: Crewe Relegated: Forest Green, Dover, Macclesfield and Tamworth

Skrill North: Champions: Southport Promoted: Nuneaton Relegated: Lowestoft, Grantham and North Ferriby

Skrill South: Champions: Bishop's Stortford Promoted: Oxford City Relegated: Tonbridge, Carshalton and Totton

FA Cup: Winners: Wycombe Runners Up: Southampton

League Cup: Winners: Spurs Runners Up: Cardiff

Community Shield: Winners: Arsenal Runners Up: Man Utd

JPT: Winners: Aldershot Runners Up: Sheff Wed

FA Trophy: Winners: Fleetwood Runners Up: Staines

Champions League: Winners: Man Utd Runners Up: Arsenal

Euro Cup: Winners: FC Twente Runners Up: Southampton

Super Cup: Winners: Inter Runners Up: Man City

|Season | Club | Division | Pos | FA Cup | Lge Cup | Champs Lge | Europa Lge | JPT | FA Trophy |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 18th | 4th Quali | | | | | 1st Rd Rep |
|2014/15 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 10th | 4th Quali | | | | | 2nd Rd Rep |
|2015/16 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 20th | 1st Round | | | | | 1st Rd |
|2016/17 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 17th | 4th Qul. Rep | | | | | 3rd Rd |
|2017/18 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 8th | 4th Qul. | | | | | 1st Rd |
|2018/19 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 14th | 1st Round Rep | | | | | Runners Up |
|2019/20 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 1st | 1st Round | | | | | 3rd Rd |
|2020/21 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League Two | 2nd | 1st Round | 1st Rd | | | Q Fin | |
|2021/22 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 13th | 1st Round Rep | 1st Rd | | | 2nd Rd | |
|2022/23 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 10th | 4th Round | 3rd Rd | | | Winners | |
|2023/24 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 3rd | 3rd Round | 1st Rd | | | 1st Rd | |
|2024/25 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 14th | 4th Round | 1st Rd | | | 2nd Rd | |
|2025/26 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 13th | 3rd Round | 1st Rd | | | 1st Rd | |
|2026/27 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 6th | 3rd Round | 2nd Rd | | | Q Fin | |
|2027/28 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 1st | 4th Round Rep | 2nd Rd | | | Final | |
|2028/29 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 21st | 3rd Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2029/30 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 19th | 3rd Round | 3rd Rd | | | | |
|2030/31 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 23rd | 4th Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2031/32 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet League One | 1st | 3rd Round Rep | 2nd Rd | | | S Fin | |
|2032/33 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 4th | 4th Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2033/34 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 3rd | 3rd Round Rep | 4th Rd | | | | |
|2034/35 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 16th | 3rd Round | Quarters | | | | |
|2035/36 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 5th | 4th Round Rep | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2036/37 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 12th | 3rd Round | Semi Fin | | 2nd KO Rd | | |
|2037/38 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 18th | Quarter Final | 1st Rd | | | | |
|2038/39 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 8th | 3rd Round | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2039/40 | Cambridge United | Sky Bet Championship | 1st | 3rd Round | 4th Rd | | | | |
|2040/41 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 3rd | Quarter Final | 2nd Rd | | | | |
|2041/42 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 5th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | 3rd in Grp | Quarter F | | |
|2042/43 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 8th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | 1st KO Rd | | |
|2043/44 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 5th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | | | |
|2044/45 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 6th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | Runners Up | | |
|2045/46 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 6th | 5th Round | 3rd Rd | | Quarter F | | |
|2046/47 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 7th | 4th Round | 3rd Rd | | 2nd KO Rd | | |
|2047/48 | Cambridge United | Premier League | 11th | 3rd Round | Quarters | | | | |

Well.....this shouldn't be much of a surprise to the regular readers....

I have 'fallen out of love' with this save over the last week or so, so rather than wasting my hours just pressing continue I am going to give it a break.

There is plenty of seasons to play out yet and this is no way the end of the road for me and Cambridge. After 1,800 games and 0.0% of the save holidayed I deserve a break! I have been playing around with the idea of retiring myself from the game and adding a new manager by the name of Jim Woodward and taking charge of Skrill Premier side Sunderland with the aim of taking them back through the leagues so if my enjoyment of Cambridge doesn't come back I think that is a very viable option.

A big high five to all that have taken the time to read and follow this thread and I hope you will join me in a journeyman save I am going to do whilst I leave this one alone.

Sounds like a good choice! I would love to see Jim Woodward take Sunderland back to the BPL! Link to the journeyman?

I think the Woodward one is something that will happen at some point. Taking Sunderland through the leagues could be fun and challenging.

The new thread is HERE

A pity that you are taking a break! Looking forward to seeing you back at Cambridge! :D
Understandable but still a shame, this being one of my favourites this year.

It will be back, that there is no doubt. I have updates to November to do also. I'm sure a week or two away will have me missing it. Particularly as when I load it up again I have a busy Christmas period and a Capital One Cup Semi Final to play out.

Well.....this shouldn't be much of a surprise to the regular readers....

I have 'fallen out of love' with this save over the last week or so, so rather than wasting my hours just pressing continue I am going to give it a break.

There is plenty of seasons to play out yet and this is no way the end of the road for me and Cambridge. After 1,800 games and 0.0% of the save holidayed I deserve a break! I have been playing around with the idea of retiring myself from the game and adding a new manager by the name of Jim Woodward and taking charge of Skrill Premier side Sunderland with the aim of taking them back through the leagues so if my enjoyment of Cambridge doesn't come back I think that is a very viable option.

A big high five to all that have taken the time to read and follow this thread and I hope you will join me in a journeyman save I am going to do whilst I leave this one alone.

Look forward to you picking this up again in the future. Will follow over to the new thread now :D

EDIT: Your new thread is closed?

Look forward to you picking this up again in the future. Will follow over to the new thread now :D

EDIT: Your new thread is closed?

The old new one is closed. Got sacked after leaking I wanted I a new contract and 15 months later all I had was one interview and being laughed off every single other job. Even I deserve a chance :brock:

So there is now a new new thread, basically same just different name!

Archived