Possible to get a refund?

Been playing the Football Manager series for many years now, and I've spent 100's of hours on each of them. However, Football Manager 2014 has been a severe disappoinement - reasons that have been repeated countless of times on these forums.

The newest patch has, unfortunately, not made the game playable for me. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a full refund?

Thanks for any replies.

"Steam Refund Policy

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client. Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information."

Yeah :/

What a huge waste of money...

"Steam Refund Policy

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client. Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information."

Yeah :/

What a huge waste of money...

Look, even I was not/am not 100% satisfied with the game, but the lesson to learn is to read the reviews first and then buy something. If you had checked on here you would of found out it was not working correctly/to people's satisfaction or whatever.

Exactly. Faulty and/or terrible games have been on steam before, and people didn't receive any refunds. It's incredibly frustrating.

To be honest i dont agree with what your trying to achieve. Not enjoying a game is not a reason for a refund, try demo's and read reviews if you dont want to waste your money trying out a game.

Normally I would agree with that statement. Generally speaking, however, Football Manager games get good reviews. None of the reviewers really mention the numerous glitches that were present at launch, so reading reviews about Football Manager is pointless. I bought it because the previous FM games were amazing.

Edit: I could also mention Fifa 14. It got amazing reviews, but the general consensus is that that game is one of the worst in the series.

"To be honest i dont agree with what your trying to achieve. Not enjoying a game is not a reason for a refund, try demo's and read reviews if you dont want to waste your money trying out a game."

If claiming a refund for a product that is glitched isn't a good reason, then I don't know what is.

Normally I would agree with that statement. Generally speaking, however, Football Manager games get good reviews. None of the reviewers really mention the numerous glitches that were present at launch, so reading reviews about Football Manager is pointless. I bought it because the previous FM games were amazing.

If you bought the previous ones you should have been aware of how it works, with constant updates changing things im afraid.

But there is no need to argue over whether you should have bought it or not, you have done, and im afraid unless you provide Steam with a cast iron argument, you wont get a refund easily.

"To be honest i dont agree with what your trying to achieve. Not enjoying a game is not a reason for a refund, try demo's and read reviews if you dont want to waste your money trying out a game."

If claiming a refund for a product that is so glitched isn't a good reason, then I don't know what is.

If you can prove there is a "glitch" that stops the game working then you might get somewhere, thats your only real basis for a refund. The rest is subjective.

Yeah this really isn't something for this forum, you'd have to take up any attempted refund with Steam. I daresay it is very unlikely you will get one though. If there are specific things about the game that you feel haven't been been mentioned please use the feedback thread (remember to post in accordance to the opening post of the thread please)

Thanks.

Archived