Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I've just played a game in the JPT and both goalkeepers for either side were sent off for second yellow cards. Both teams had made 3 subs so outfield players had to go in goal. The match went to a penalty shootout... and at the time of writing each side has scored 50 pens each, no team has missed or had an effort saved. Don't want to quit my game but this is going to go on forever if I don't!

Has apparently been reviewed by the testing team after I submitted a pkm. They're still looking for more examples.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another game, another lob. This is fun.

Make that 2 lobs. Wonderful. Absolutely nothing I can do tactically about it too. Unless there's a way I can tell my goalkeeper not to come charging out and my defenders not to close down the same player.

After reading the fix list, can it really be true that there has been NO changes to the abysmal lack of direct freekick goals?? Seriously, after 6 seasons with only THREE F.K. Goals direct on shot, and countless of post in this forum of same situations, they haven't fixed it!!?? Hoping and crossing my fingers that somebody calls me idiot for missing a sentence in the fix list, or at least that FM have responded to the issue and is on to it..

Make that 2 lobs. Wonderful. Absolutely nothing I can do tactically about it too. Unless there's a way I can tell my goalkeeper not to come charging out and my defenders not to close down the same player.

Have you tried using defensive wingers?

After reading quite a few posts relating to this from you, I think it's fair to say that you perceive there to be an issue with lobs?

You've already started a Bugs Forum thread about a couple of other matters, and have supported it well with examples of those issues.

Can you channel your energies into creating a new Bugs Forum thread about lobs please?

You appear to have plenty of evidence, and it would help SI more to have tangible examples to work with, rather than having a few posts dotted around in a feedback thread.

After reading quite a few posts relating to this from you, I think it's fair to say that you perceive there to be an issue with lobs?

You've already started a Bugs Forum thread about a couple of other matters, and have supported it well with examples of those issues.

Can you channel your energies into creating a new Bugs Forum thread about lobs please?

You appear to have plenty of evidence, and it would help SI more to have tangible examples to work with, rather than having a few posts dotted around in a feedback thread.

I have included lobs on the thread I have in the bugs forum.

Half a season into the new updates and I haven’t lost a game yet, my three interlinked tactics that I change two or three times a game seeming to be making it very difficult for my opponents. But here is couple more ME issues from me.

1. We still have too many shots and passes taken that just cannon into a man from the same team standing really close to the taker. I had a beauty a few games back (although not of the really close type), a 20 yard pass that just smacked into the back of the head of the receiver.

2. Movement on the wings,

(a) When a player is trapped in a corner by a defender or two, nobody from the side with possession makes a move to come wide so as to give man with the ball a passing outlet, they all stay central.

(b) After a goal mouth incident if the ball breaks lose to an attacking player beyond the 18 yard box, players from the attacking side don’t attempt to move into wide areas to give a wide passing option, instead they stay clustered in the middle, making it difficult for the attacking side to find a way through, frequently the ball ends up going back to the keeper and the attack falls apart.

© Overlapping players tend to mostly overlap on the inside rather than running into space towards the corner so as to give the best chance of making a cross, setting players and team to exploit the flanks doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Lobs is an issue, I’ve scored with several although I’ve had none scored against me, and red cards, I didn’t notice at first but they are coming thick and fast now, in the last four games I’ve had three sending’s off and the opposition two and I hate to mention it again, but the instant control by forwards in lower league clubs of passes, frequently goal kicks which travelled the best part of the whole length of the pitch is just mad.

There is *definitely* a correlation between moaning unconstructive posts and losing games, especially having "won the passing/shooting".

We are in for a hell of a ride when the next ME update* improves counter attacking AI ;-)

* No. Date. Set.

This post has made my day, I saw less complaints when there was the infamous corner bug in the game (as it gave players an advantage). Numerous posts in the tactic forum have proven that some players are probably losing because there is something lacking in their tactics. The problem was that in previous versions your faults were easily forgiven.

If you're trying to hit the dragon in your rpg game with a crossbow, you're likely going to lose the fight.

After reading the fix list, can it really be true that there has been NO changes to the abysmal lack of direct freekick goals?? Seriously, after 6 seasons with only THREE F.K. Goals direct on shot, and countless of post in this forum of same situations, they haven't fixed it!!?? Hoping and crossing my fingers that somebody calls me idiot for missing a sentence in the fix list, or at least that FM have responded to the issue and is on to it..

No, not in the last update, but they are working on it for the next one.

I have included lobs on the thread I have in the bugs forum.

Excellent news, thank you.

Seeing as you are logging them appropriately in the Bugs Forum and have frequently articulated your feedback regarding lobs in this thread, perhaps there is no need to continue to mention the same issue in here every time it happens?

It's a bit like listening to my mother-in-law talking about her neighbours cat pooping on her lawn.

Whilst that was vaguely interesting first time round, it has become dull to hear about every week :thup:

SI will fix the lobs if there is an issue (I'll plead innocence as usual - I don't see this often enough to be perturbed), the cat will keep pooping.

Free kicks are almost too powerful in my save. If they aren't scored, often they hit the bar. There are also a lot of regens with very high free kick attributes. No issue IMO.

I disagree - granted the FK attribute regen is bugged, and has been fixed, and the shots almost always hit the goal, bar or just beside it BUT, the never go in directly - second shots, headers etc are scored, but in 6 season i have only scorred 2 direct shots ( as in the kicker shots, and scores directly) I have 1 player with 20 in FK and arround 3-4 with 16-17 ish..

With another team, i played 3 seasons and didn't score a single one...

to sumarize, the shots almost always hit targer or close to, but goalie saves every time!

In real life take Eriksen fx. In his last 4 months before going to tottenham, he scorred 7 FK shots - 5 for ajax and 2 for DK .. in fm.. he's scorred.. 1 in 3 seasons.. I deliberatly keep and eye on him and 3 others in every match after i spotted the FK issue..

AND im getting extremely frustrated that I've posted this 3 times in the BUG forum, and so far not a single moderator from SI have responded or reacted to it.. I'll gladly support my claim with saved games, data etc, but from my pityfull situation it feels like SI is saying " We know, to much work to fix it, so we'll ignorer it"..

Excellent news, thank you.

Seeing as you are logging them appropriately in the Bugs Forum and have frequently articulated your feedback regarding lobs in this thread, perhaps there is no need to continue to mention the same issue in here every time it happens?

It's a bit like listening to my mother-in-law talking about her neighbours cat pooping on her lawn.

Whilst that was vaguely interesting first time round, it has become dull to hear about every week :thup:

SI will fix the lobs if there is an issue (I'll plead innocence as usual - I don't see this often enough to be perturbed), the cat will keep pooping.

True, but then it's very tiresome and dull seeing the same bugs happen over and over again. So frustrating to see the game in this state almost 6 weeks after it's been released.

AND im getting extremely frustrated that I've posted this 3 times in the BUG forum, and so far not a single moderator from SI have responded or reacted to it.. I'll gladly support my claim with saved games, data etc, but from my pityfull situation it feels like SI is saying " We know, to much work to fix it, so we'll ignorer it"..

Can you advise where you posted all these bug threads please?

I just searched and found one thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/373228-3-season-and-only-one-direct-free-kick-goal-ever-wierd-pass-over-the-backline-bug) started by you, which was moved from the Bugs Forum as it wasn't supported by a .pkm.

True, but then it's very tiresome and dull seeing the same bugs happen over and over again. So frustrating to see the game in this state almost 6 weeks after it's been released.

That's fine, but just mentioning it again and again in the feedback thread won't get the issue investigated and resolved (if required).

Continuing to proactively log examples of these lobs in the Bugs Forum is the best way to go.

I personally don't see this issue and I watch games either in Full Match mode (but sped up), or on Comprehensive, and on balance there don't appear to be a great volume of other posters in here mentioning lobs.

What Role does your keeper have?

That's fine, but just mentioning it again and again in the feedback thread won't get the issue investigated and resolved (if required).

Continuing to proactively log examples of these lobs in the Bugs Forum is the best way to go.

I personally don't see this issue and I watch games either in Full Match mode (but sped up), or on Comprehensive, and on balance there don't appear to be a great volume of other posters in here mentioning lobs.

What Role does your keeper have?

Goalkeeper - defend

I'm scoring them too. Just seems like the vast majority of goals are lobs. Or a defender that makes a sliding tackle and ends up setting up the attacking team with a goalscoring chance.

Well i might sound like an stuck up ass now,(my own fault no arguing there) no, i just searched as well and found the one you're linking to. I posted another before that, but i have no trace of it. :S But the fact that you point that out, and choose not to comment on FK issue I raise, kinda proves my point.

The thread you link to is as you say not a bug repport since the pkm file is not in it, but as stated before i'll glady provide it - just tell me how to make an .pmk., and ill send it asap.

Goalkeeper - defend

I'm scoring them too. Just seems like the vast majority of goals are lobs. Or a defender that makes a sliding tackle and ends up setting up the attacking team with a goalscoring chance.

I genuinely do not see a high enough volume of goals stemming from either of these scenarios to be concerned.

If anything, I *think* I see too many goals scored from or immediately after set pieces, but when I looked into stats things weren't too far off the mark.

Other than that, I get a nice mix which includes direct free kicks which go straight into the net, plus thumped shots from outside the area, both of which people argue doesn't happen!

Just shows how varied peoples' experiences are.

But the fact that you point that out, and choose not to comment on FK issue I raise, kinda proves my point.

The thread you link to is as you say not a bug repport since the pkm file is not in it, but as stated before i'll glady provide it - just tell me how to make an .pmk., and ill send it asap.

Guide to uploading .pkms is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Specifically note this bit:

"To save a pkm, in a match you'll notice when a match finishes in-game, on the match options there will be an option to 'Save'

Once you have 'saved' a pkm, it will appear at My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Matches"

I didn't reply to the thread as all I would have done is what Kriss did - I'd have moved it because it can't really be regarded as a Bug unless it is adequately supported by an uploaded file. The SI team is very good, but they can't make fixes based on anecdotal evidence.

I disagree - granted the FK attribute regen is bugged, and has been fixed, and the shots almost always hit the goal, bar or just beside it BUT, the never go in directly - second shots, headers etc are scored, but in 6 season i have only scorred 2 direct shots ( as in the kicker shots, and scores directly) I have 1 player with 20 in FK and arround 3-4 with 16-17 ish..

With another team, i played 3 seasons and didn't score a single one...

to sumarize, the shots almost always hit targer or close to, but goalie saves every time!

In real life take Eriksen fx. In his last 4 months before going to tottenham, he scorred 7 FK shots - 5 for ajax and 2 for DK .. in fm.. he's scorred.. 1 in 3 seasons.. I deliberatly keep and eye on him and 3 others in every match after i spotted the FK issue..

But then I'm seeing plenty of free kicks go in. I don't have a number on it, but I've seen several, which is an improvement on your none. I will agree that I do see a lot hitting the bar. Probably more than I've seen going in.

It's unfortunate if there's no reply, but I'd encourage you to upload whatever evidence you have, bump the topic if you have to. Just because there's been no reply doesn't mean they're not working on it remember. It could just be that you're seeing a situation on the low side, but generally the numbers are fine.

Is this a known bug concerning the players morale...i haven't heard anything about it but this is plain stupid...i'm top of the league after winning 3 games from 3 but yet i've got this.

I haven't had any team meetings so it's not that either.

2exlo3s.jpg

Is this a known bug concerning the players morale...i haven't heard anything about it but this is plain stupid...i'm top of the league after winning 3 games from 3 but yet i've got this.I haven't had any team meetings so it's not that either.2exlo3s.jpg
Possibly reputation related, what was your starting rep?

You presumably had an initial Team Meeting with the squad before the first ball was even kicked, how did that go?

Is this a new save, or have you just moved to the club from another one?

Yeah i had the team meeting and told the club we were going to qualify for european competition...only Suarez thought i wasn't being ambitious enough....the rest agreed with me and i got the morale to a good level..

And it's a new save mate.

A bit more on it all...

I beat Cardiff 3-2

Stoke 2-0

Lost to Boro in the cup 1-0

but then beat Swansea away from home 4-1

Agger scored 2 and his morale was superb

Suarez also scored 2 and his morale went to superb when i praised him

The rest were mostly all very good but a few days later i got this where most are abysmal for some reason.

Are you playing classic or is that a fancy skin?

If its not classic did you say anything wrong in team talks? In the PC's after the games?

It's a downloaded skin mate and i never play FMC as i prefer the full game.

I praised the team after beating Swansea 4-1 and all them were delighted after the game.

It's a downloaded skin mate and i never play FMC as i prefer the full game.

I praised the team after beating Swansea 4-1 and all them were delighted after the game.

Hmmm i would say head to the bugs forum, i dont think there is anything that should cause a drop in moral like that after the results you've had.

I doubt you have applied for any jobs, or been offered any jobs after 3 games, right?

Do any of the players have any reason to be unhappy? Did you change the captain or anything like that?

Hmmm i would say head to the bugs forum, i dont think there is anything that should cause a drop in moral like that after the results you've had.

I doubt you have applied for any jobs, or been offered any jobs after 3 games, right?

Do any of the players have any reason to be unhappy? Did you change the captain or anything like that?

Nope not applied for anything or changed captain/vice captains

I've just arranged a friendly and won 4-0 and now i have mostly fairly poor and very good morale...also a few have been on iternational duty so morale is way better right now

I'll see what happens in my next few games but that was weird.

Nope not applied for anything or changed captain/vice captains

I've just arranged a friendly and won 4-0 and now i have mostly fairly poor and very good morale...also a few have been on iternational duty so morale is way better right now

Definitely seems like a bug then, i cannot think of that ever happening to me, so you have been really unlucky.

Id suggest if you can be bothered, make a thread in the bugs forum with your save uploaded so a dev can look at it.

Thankfully its not something i have read reported so far so you might have just been very unlucky.

Does sound odd and worth making a thread with the save game uploaded in the Bugs Forum.

A possibility is that the Boro defeat really hit morale (lower league opposition and all, a bit humbling perhaps?), and whilst subsequent wins took the edge off the disappointment, the players still have that result on their minds? That's clutching at straws though to be fair!

by the way, does anyone get any penalty in favor or against? Cause I don't strangely :S

Another thing, about the shoot more often instruction: in fm 12/13 it only changed the long shoots. Does the same apply in fm14? Or was it changed so that the players will shot more often no matter where they are? Cause I would like to have less shots from outside, without actually telling them not to shoot until they are actually inside the goal (like barca does).

Thunder88, when you talk with your captain about morale, or your Assistant Manager's team talk feedback, do they say morale is good? I had that happen to me (indicators saying morale was abysmal, captain and Ass Man saying it was great) and submitted a bug report, let me dig it up so you can upload your save in it if that's the case

Does sound odd and worth making a thread with the save game uploaded in the Bugs Forum.

A possibility is that the Boro defeat really hit morale (lower league opposition and all, a bit humbling perhaps?), and whilst subsequent wins took the edge off the disappointment, the players still have that result on their minds? That's clutching at straws though to be fair!

I'll get onto it but could you please tell me how to upload upload the saved game as i've never had to do it...thanks :)

Thunder88, when you talk with your captain about morale, or your Assistant Manager's team talk feedback, do they say morale is good? I had that happen to me (indicators saying morale was abysmal, captain and Ass Man saying it was great) and submitted a bug report, let me dig it up so you can upload your save in it if that's the case

I asked Gerrard and he said morale around the place is good..Assman said the same and also my board are happy with me with the pleasant atmosphere around the place in the squad harmony bit.

I asked Gerrard and he said morale around the place is good..Assman said the same and also my board are happy with me with the pleasant atmosphere around the place in the squad harmony bit.

I wonder if its just a graphical issue, could you try loading one of the FM skins, and see if it does anything? I would suggest clearing your cache as well, just to see if it sorts it out.

I wonder if its just a graphical issue, could you try loading one of the FM skins, and see if it does anything? I would suggest clearing your cache as well, just to see if it sorts it out.

I've cleared the cache but would i need to restart the game to make any difference?

Anyone else agree that Liverpool are underrated on this? Just saw there results in my save and they lost 4 - 0 three weeks in a row to West Ham, Cardiff and Southampton then they just lost 7 - 3 to Crystal palace in the cup.

Its probably because you are managing them rather than players being underated:)

by the way, does anyone get any penalty in favor or against? Cause I don't strangely :S

Another thing, about the shoot more often instruction: in fm 12/13 it only changed the long shoots. Does the same apply in fm14? Or was it changed so that the players will shot more often no matter where they are? Cause I would like to have less shots from outside, without actually telling them not to shoot until they are actually inside the goal (like barca does).

Look at the Team Instructions - work ball into box

Try deleting the cache outwith the game, when the game is closed, you can find out how to do that here,

http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Did you try just changing the skin?

I haven't changed the skin as i wouldn't really see a difference,right now my morale has gone up to superb,very good and good etc because of the international break.

If it drops rapidly again for no reason then i'll give your idea a go and see if there may be a graphic problem with the skin as you said.

Archived