Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No change in the poor left back ratings from the few games I've seen so far. Perhaps I'll need a new save for that to be really noticable.

Can't say I've noticed any real difference so far, in terms of the match engine at least, but I'll give it a few more games. The scorelines in the Skrill North seem a bit more realistic though.

And on a personal level, I was hoping the update would fix me losing games where I score the first goal, but no, that's still happening most weeks :p

The midfielders tend to take long shots in deeper positions right after they receive ball from Wide players (either fullbacks or wingers) is still the biggest issue for me. And I dont see difference in this patch, I see plenty of longshots taken randomly and hit on defenders or just shoot to row Z. I realli hope SI do something.

A lot of changes have been removed from a big editor file that I made since the update.

When i open the edited data with the editor, teams that i created are no longer there.

Is there a way to save what i've done or is it lost ? :(

The midfielders tend to take long shots in deeper positions right after they receive ball from Wide players (either fullbacks or wingers) is still the biggest issue for me. And I dont see difference in this patch, I see plenty of longshots taken randomly and hit on defenders or just shoot to row Z. I realli hope SI do something.

Try posting in the tactical forum to see if it's a tactical issue or something that needs to be raised in the bugs forum, thanks.

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE

- Fixed rare crash/freeze during processing

- Fixed rare crash when using edited data

Awesome. I had test save with edited data that crashed with morning. After the patch it's working. Thanks for the fixes guys

• Administrators
Neil,

this update doesn't seem to be as big as previous years, has it been cut down mostly for the ME stuff due to the other issue or was it always planned to be a smaller update?

It's not a major update. The major update will be 14.2.x. This was released mainly due to improvements we wanted in the Match Engine and a few rare-ish crashes some people were experiencing.

• SI Staff
EDITOR

- Prevented IGE use in network game

Was this a host only thing or clients being able to use IGE?

It stops the clients, which was an oversight.

Until we have a more complicated disable system, disabling for the server would be pointless because you could just load the save in offline mode and make edits anyway.

• Administrators
@Neil,

in the pre-game editor, despite changing the foreign player limit in turkish super league, it wasn't working and I've had created a topic about that, so it is fixed now?

I'm not sure if it went into this update or not as the cut-off point may have meant it was fixed too late. I'd suggest testing it yourself to find out.

No, next data update will be after the January transfer window.

Not even if there is a "serious" issue? There is a club (Verbania) that has a wrong home city, which I think means that the club will move to the erroneus place if they build a new stadium (their current stadium is located in their actual home city). I reported this in the data forum during when FM13 January update was topical, but nothing was done about it.

Not even if there is a "serious" issue? There is a club (Verbania) that has a wrong home city, which I think means that the club will move to the erroneus place if they build a new stadium (their current stadium is located in their actual home city). I reported this in the data forum during when FM13 January update was topical, but nothing was done about it.

Are you being serious? That's a serious issue? Wow :D

Excited to try the update tonight--and just in time for the Thanksgiving break! Thank you for all the hard work SI!

T24

Hmm. Started a new game, interview for the Stockport job on June 25th, it's now August 1st, still no appointment made. They are not undergoing a board takeover, and I'm listed as the favourite for the position in the job centre.

edit: doh, someone else appointed 3rd August.

Are you being serious? That's a serious issue? Wow :D

Excited to try the update tonight--and just in time for the Thanksgiving break! Thank you for all the hard work SI!

T24

I did say "serious". ;)

But really it pisses me of that 2 official data updates have been released since I first reported it. Verbania are a club I would like to manage in one of the challenges in the challenge forum, but editing the db is not allowed, so Verbania are basically unmanageable.

Could someone from SI please confirm that there have been no changes to Transfer AI/Low bids/No interest and/or contract bugs (e.g. bonus stuff) or is that something that is being worked on for next patch? -- just want to make sure it's not something that is not documented. Great work so far on the other issues though, keep up the good work!

Hey,

Only played one match with the new patch so it's early days but I am encouraged with what I saw.

I particularly like the variation in passing from my midfielders. I have seen them attempt slide rule passes for my advanced forward and also weighted, lofted passes over the opposition defence if we are sat deep. I didn't really notice this on the previous patch so it's a nice touch.

I've only played one match so far, but on full. It seems to be much improved - and the overall balance just feels more right.

Defending wide play seems much better now, especially. The fullbacks are getting good cover from teammates.

But I'm still seeing some of those silly "trying to buy the corner off the opponent but misses" from wingers, where they kick it straight out of play for a goal kick when they're near the opposing goal line. My first impression is that it's been toned down a bit, but it's still so obviously silly when it happens.

As documented here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369570-Reviewed-Players-trying-to-win-throws-and-corners-off-opponent

I'm guessing not. By default a playmaker, translated to FM13 terms, has long shots set to rarely. It's not possible to shoot less often than rarely which is why the option isn't available.

• Administrators

But I'm still seeing some of those silly "trying to buy the corner off the opponent but misses" from wingers, where they kick it straight out of play for a goal kick when they're near the opposing goal line. My first impression is that it's been toned down a bit, but it's still so obviously silly when it happens.

Yeah is an issue we're aware of. Problem with changing this area means it has quite a lot of knock ons (for crosses, chances created from crosses, corners etc), basically all the C's. But yes, it's something we're aware of and looking into. Thanks.

Fixing an issue related to going on holiday is hardly going to be a priority fix tbh.

Not "on holiday", using Instant Result in FMC mode actually (you know that thing SI have been heavily promoting, and a feature Miles waxed lyrical about in the pre release vids). Also an issue SI claimed to have fixed 2 updates ago (but it wasn't fixed). As a moderator maybe you should not make assumptions about how people play the game. To be fair, and the point you probably attemped to make, my way of playing the game, is a minority way - I know and do appreciate that but it still stinks in my opinion.

Archived