Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have checked every player at Everton, the senior squads of Man Utd & Brazil and every agent has the same attributes: "xxxx is known to prefer his clients to remain at their current clubs whilst also being regarded as a very impatient negotiator."

Wondered if this is just a massive fluke, maybe because it's the Demo? If I were to keep looking would I find some agents with different attributes?

Yeah there's different agents. Some aren't patient, some are etc. Just depends on the player you're looking at since some of them can be represented by the same person. And yeah, could be because of it being the demo, but in the full game there's different ones :thup:

Wingers and Full-Backs are still bugged. They never put a cross, never ever, also if completely alone.

I think that if so many people point the finger on these facts, and are people that ALWAYS played FM, there is a real problem.

What in the world one man have to do for seeing a winger put a cross in the box? Seriously.

My main issue since update - my team has now conceded 2 own goals in about 20 games when a defender heads the ball back to the keeper and he lets it roll into the net.

Ye it happened twice to me as well and i only have 6 goals conceded in the league, it happened once i used a replacement keeper without match fitness, makes sense but still the goals were pretty stupid

Wingers and Full-Backs are still bugged. They never put a cross, never ever, also if completely alone.

I think that if so many people point the finger on these facts, and are people that ALWAYS played FM, there is a real problem.

What in the world one man have to do for seeing a winger put a cross in the box? Seriously.

This, the highlights are 80% wingplay, cross against the defender -> corner. It gets repetitive no matter tactics or style i employ.

This, the highlights are 80% wingplay, cross against the defender -> corner. It gets repetitive no matter tactics or style i employ.

It's what i wanted to say, seems to me that changing instructions or tactics have no effects on what i see.

And yes, now i see Full game match.

And no, it's not the same for the CPU. Their wingers, SOMETIMES, put a cross.

Another issue: ok, maybe one man use a wrong tactic. But how in the world WBA scores 3 goals in the first 10 minutes on the game, away, to the Manchester City?

Last: the skills count for the opponents? Because i see amazing deep balls, amazing goals, amazing passing and dribblings even in the worst team in the planet!

I am seeing the same

I'm averaging almost 20 corners a game which is probably why I see nothing but corner highlights...I am not playing any particular tactics that would mean all of my play comes from the wings either...

For all those having issues with defense: please keep uploading pkms in the match engine bugs forum as I did since few hours after the release of the patch.

According to what I read, patch supporters ran immediatly here posting their happiness, when the "moaners" bunch of folks started grewing up only lately. This suggests to me "moaners" dont "moan" for sport, but only when they're sure something wrong is happening after hours of playing. I tend to think their (our) judgments is more reliable. Sometimes one user watching things with a critical eye may be much more helpfull than tens of blind supporters.

I also want to say the patch brought improvements to the game and I'm sure a lot of user are enjoying it. But according to my idea of football, these defensive bugs make the game not enjoyable for me, and I really hope a fix to be released very soon because I (we) love to play this game.

My main issue with the ME is this:

Regarding wingers: It seems no matter where they get the ball on the field they 'always' seem to run to the corner/byline and then instead of crossing they wait for the fullback and at times another player to close them down then one of three things happens, 1)he gets tackled 2)he tries to get a corner but fails 3) he passes back to a CM. Is there a way to get him to cross the ball before he's closed down etc? Also is there a way to get them to run in a straight line instead of always heading to the corner?

There are a few other minor issues but I find them more funny than annoying.

My main issue with the ME is this:

Regarding wingers: It seems no matter where they get the ball on the field they 'always' seem to run to the corner/byline and then instead of crossing they wait for the fullback and at times another player to close them down then one of three things happens, 1)he gets tackled 2)he tries to get a corner but fails 3) he passes back to a CM. Is there a way to get him to cross the ball before he's closed down etc? Also is there a way to get them to run in a straight line instead of always heading to the corner?

There are a few other minor issues but I find them more funny than annoying.

I'm sure there's a hit early crosses option on either the team or player instructions. Have you seen if that makes a difference?

Think I have found a bug?

Level on points at the end of the group stage in the champions league with 2nd place. Both games where I played them ended with a draw. I have the better goal difference so how am I not 2nd?. Gutted because now am I have been kicked out the champions league.

Does away goals rule apply for direct comparison? Can't remember, but maybe thats the reason.

Think I have found a bug?

Level on points at the end of the group stage in the champions league with 2nd place. Both games where I played them ended with a draw. I have the better goal difference so how am I not 2nd?. Gutted because now am I have been kicked out the champions league.

on the rules tab for champions league under league sorting rules it has 1st results between teams then goal difference then goals scored then coefficient

Could anyone help me with improving my (my players') shooting? I'm playing Arsenal, 1 ST (Giroud/Walcott), 3 AMCs (Podolski/Cazorla/Ozil/Wilshere) behind him, slow tempo, short passing, "work ball into box". Some of the players even have "shoot less often" instructions and this is getting me exactly nowhere. Shooting is basically woeful, high total amount of shots, despite my attempts to achieve just the opposite with tactics and instructions. Easy shots fired from all over the place, some of them blocked, some - straight at the keeper.

Just two examples from CL matches against R. Sociedad and Napoli:

shots_RSoc_zpsf62278d2.png

shots_Napoli_zpsa5f53ea5.png

Do you find this unrealistic or am I just expecting too much of my soon-to-be-near-world-class players...?

Bought the game yesterday and a few things caught my attention:

- Average around 20 corner kicks per game, a little bit too much imo.

- Extremely powerfull over the top trough balls behind the defence.

- Hitting the woodwork way to often.

- Unable to get my goalkeeper pass the ball to my defenders at a goal kick.

:

- Average around 20 corner kicks per game, a little bit too much imo.

I dont understand all the talking about 20 Corners on average or 25 at half time. I had NOT A SINGLE GAME with 20 corners. Not one. Strange. Am i the only one?

Same with red cards, absolutely no problem with that.

I agree that there are too many through balls though. Have to be reduced. Through balls and freak results are my main issue.

I prefer watching matches in 3D but with the radar, placed towards top left hand corner, to give overview of play and help me assess approach being adopted by opposition; high defensive line etc. However, the radar is minute with the pitch and "player" dots being surrounded by large area of grey. Is there any way of increasing size of radar? The bulk of the space being taken up by the radar screen is effectively a grey border. Hopefully SI will correct this to make better use of available space and make radar more user friendly on the eyes.....

Could anyone help me with improving my (my players') shooting? I'm playing Arsenal, 1 ST (Giroud/Walcott), 3 AMCs (Podolski/Cazorla/Ozil/Wilshere) behind him, slow tempo, short passing, "work ball into box". Some of the players even have "shoot less often" instructions and this is getting me exactly nowhere. Shooting is basically woeful, high total amount of shots, despite my attempts to achieve just the opposite with tactics and instructions. Easy shots fired from all over the place, some of them blocked, some - straight at the keeper.

Just two examples from CL matches against R. Sociedad and Napoli:

shots_RSoc_zpsf62278d2.png

shots_Napoli_zpsa5f53ea5.png

Do you find this unrealistic or am I just expecting too much of my soon-to-be-near-world-class players...?

What's you creative freedom like is it more expressive if it is try taking it off might help with the long shots.

played 6 matches so far after patch came out, as for raised up "bugs" here:

- haven't noticed strange results or many red cards (haven't had any so far, another teams getting some)

- don't think there are too many through balls (playing as lower league side, players attributes might be the reason?)

- the corners amount might be a little big indeed, needs a closer look though.

Far, far too many corners..

Even on comprehensive highlights I sit here watching corner after corner, I mean, sometimes upwards of 5 in a row..

There are reasons for this, but the one I notice most..You've again, overcompensated for past mistakes. You fixed tackling mistakes from the last ME, with brand new tackling mistakes..Replacing one error with another isn't a fix.

Last ditch tackles are far too frequent.

Somehow you've made tackling both better and worse..

Another sign of taking the extreme opposite direction of a previous problem, where in the last version wingers would just coast past everyone, now they just dribble to the byline, wait to be tackled or kick the ball out of play..

'Hit early crosses' shout does nothing..

Corners definitely look excessive. This site seems to confirm that.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

In my opinion, this is due to two things:

1. Players continuing to try and win corners when they could easily cross

2. Not enough support for wide players when attacking, which leads to point number 1

3. Not enough support also equals those annoying cut backs to central midfield

Those stats are related to English Premier League.

Is the game built on English Premier League stats?

Real question: are the tens of leagues playable built according english premier league stats?

There are stats for lots of European leagues on that site via a drop down, and the game is balanced according to stats from across the globe.

EDIT to previous post: 3. Not enough support also equals those annoying cut backs to central midfield.

Tick that general issue off and lots of stuff gets fixed.

Corners definitely look excessive. This site seems to confirm that.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

In my opinion, this is due to two things:

1. Players continuing to try and win corners when they could easily cross

2. Not enough support for wide players when attacking, which leads to point number 1

This might be my top frustration with FM for the last 2 or 3 years. When your winger has a lot of space to cross, it seems like they stand still for a second or two so they can shoot it again the defender to get a corner.

There are stats for lots of European leagues on that site via a drop down, and the game is balanced according to stats from across the globe.

EDIT to previous post: 3. Not enough support also equals those annoying cut backs to central midfield.

Tick that general issue off and lots of stuff gets fixed.

Ah yeah sure. Just the users complaining about the amount of corners didn't mention the league they were playing in, if I'm not wrong. And it sounded strange to me you went straight to EPL stats. Here my question :)

This might be my top frustration with FM for the last 2 or 3 years. When your winger has a lot of space to cross, it seems like they stand still for a second or two so they can shoot it again the defender to get a corner.

Yep, it's annoying but fortunately this is a known issue where we can expect to see progress in the next update.

13 seconds into my match and Theo Walcott has Giroud unmarked in the box. So he passes backwards to Sagna.

Did no testers pick up on this? This was a better game before this patch.

I can't play with the team I want with the style of play I want due to this bug. I can't try and dominate matches because teams can hoof it over the top and players like Peter Crouch can take an immaculate first touch and sprint towards the goal. My striker gets no service despite being unmarked because my wide players pass backwards and my CM's always shoot.

People will say that I should be patient and that SI will get it right, but it's the 1st of December and I still can't play the game the way I want. I thought that the issues of 13 would mean that 14 would be a much better game but I've yet to see any evidence of that. It's just so incredibly frustrating.

13 seconds into my match and Theo Walcott has Giroud unmarked in the box. So he passes backwards to Sagna.

That issue existed before the update, it hasn't got worse, you have just noticed it more since wide defending was addressed.

Previously, you'd have seen the full back occasionally let him past and he would have played a cross, but on the occasions when the defender did track his man, you'd have seen the pass back down field.

I can't play with the team I want with the style of play I want due to this bug. I can't try and dominate matches because teams can hoof it over the top and players like Peter Crouch can take an immaculate first touch and sprint towards the goal. My striker gets no service despite being unmarked because my wide players pass backwards and my CM's always shoot.

People will say that I should be patient and that SI will get it right, but it's the 1st of December and I still can't play the game the way I want. I thought that the issues of 13 would mean that 14 would be a much better game but I've yet to see any evidence of that. It's just so incredibly frustrating.

I again second your winger issue. Wingers passing back to CM's is frustrating.

I'm just amazed that the woodwork being hit wasn't seen as a priority or a huge problem. I mean I've just played a match and the woodwork has been hit 7 times: once by the other team and 6 times by my team (I've not even mentioned the other games). If that isn't classed as a big problem then the rest of the game must have been a huge mess, right? Funny thing is though, I didn't think it was.

There is a lot of helpful feedback in here, a lot of blatant bugs mentioned too, but the amount of people just calling 'bug!' just because stupid stuff happened like they 'conceded two penaltys' or 'their goalie made a mistake' is ridiculous! It's football, these things happen!

Archived