FM14: Tottenham Hotspur - "“ Sold Elvis and bought The Beatles..."

enders357

Question, does your transfer kitty go away in January if you haven't spent it? I am thinking of not making many purchases over the summer of 2014, but selling down the squad a bit. It should give me enough to make a massive purchase in January, unless I lose it all. I have never kept a budget around before.

No, you'll keep your summer budget in to January.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dy6oi9.png

Was going to try playing around with this, but have tried before and no joy. So i've cut almost almost all team and player instructions for a 'blank canvas' to take advice from you guys!

Interesting formation. I would go balanced and counter with that team and if you go a goal down perhaps move it to control. Also,

Davies is good but probably may get caught out being so attacking,on the team screen and stats does it say where most the goals you conceded were at LB?!?!

Interesting formation. I would go balanced and counter with that team and if you go a goal down perhaps move it to control. Also,

Davies is good but probably may get caught out being so attacking,on the team screen and stats does it say where most the goals you conceded were at LB?!?!

I didn't think it was too interesting, just a 4-5-1 with the RCM dragged back to a DM.

Curiously, how are you lining up? Thx for all advice - will have another go after work!

My restarted game is going better than I could ever have hoped - Played 11 in all competitions and won every match, only conceding two goals! That includes a 2-0 opening day win at home to Arsenal and a 1-0 win against Man City. I usually really struggle for the first season, so I'm delighted with this.

It's funny, I was planning on using a 4-2-3-1 similar to the one in my OPs but I really didn't want to lose against Arsenal (esp. as it was my first competitive match) so I lined up 4-3-3 and it worked a treat so I've used it for most matches since - only switching to 4-2-3-1 for a couple of easy looking Europa League matches. I also used a 4-4-2 with wingers ahead of the midfield in the Capital One Cup so I could get Defoe and Adebayor a game, as well as playing Lennon on the right and trying out Kenneth McEvoy on the left. Freund has McEvy at 3.5* potential and he's scored in both the games I've given him.

I'm not at my laptop so can't post a screenshot but the 4-3-3 has these instructions: push higher up, higher tempo, close down, tighter marking, play out of defence, look for overlap, retain posession. Essentially I'm looking to keep tight by pressing hard and then keeping the ball when I have it, but not playing the slow pace that cost AVB his job in real life. Give them a bit of purpose by asking them to play at a higher tempo.

Lining up like this:

SK S - Lloris

CWB A - Walker

CD D - Kaboul

CD D - Vertonghen

CWB A - Rose/Digne (my only signing, a season long loan)

RGA S - Sandro

BBM S - Paulinho/Holtby

AP A - Dembele

IF A - Lamela

AP A (on left wing) - Eriksen/Sigurdsson

AF A - Soldado

I hope to switch to the 4-2-3-1 for most matches in time and have my eye on Arda Turan to come in and play narrow on the left. He has a £20.5m release clause, which seems good value (if I get the money from Levy in January).

My restarted game is going better than I could ever have hoped - Played 11 in all competitions and won every match, only conceding two goals! That includes a 2-0 opening day win at home to Arsenal and a 1-0 win against Man City. I usually really struggle for the first season, so I'm delighted with this.

It's funny, I was planning on using a 4-2-3-1 similar to the one in my OPs but I really didn't want to lose against Arsenal (esp. as it was my first competitive match) so I lined up 4-3-3 and it worked a treat so I've used it for most matches since - only switching to 4-2-3-1 for a couple of easy looking Europa League matches. I also used a 4-4-2 with wingers ahead of the midfield in the Capital One Cup so I could get Defoe and Adebayor a game, as well as playing Lennon on the right and trying out Kenneth McEvoy on the left.

I'm not at my laptop so can't post a screenshot but the 4-3-3 has these instructions: push higher up, higher tempo, close down, tighter marking, play out of defence, look for overlap, retain posession. Essentially I'm looking to keep tight by pressing hard and then keeping the ball when I have it, but not playing the slow pace that cost AVB his job in real life. Give them a bit of purpose by asking them to play at a higher tempo.

Lining up like this:

SK S - Lloris

CWB A - Walker

CD D - Kaboul

CD D - Vertonghen

CWB A - Rose/Digne (my only signing, a season long loan)

RGA S - Sandro

BBM S - Paulinho/Holtby

AP A - Dembele

IF A - Lamela

AP A (on left wing) - Eriksen/Sigurdsson

AF A - Soldado

I hope to switch to the 4-2-3-1 for most matches in time and have my eye on Arda Turan to come in and play narrow on the left. Has a £20.5m release clause, which seems good value (if I get the money from Levy in January).

Interesting - Definitely taking this on board. I'm always reluctant to play without an AMC as it feels wrong playing Eriksen on the wing! Does he perform well for you there?

he does for me, real immense there first season he was getting used to it but played 40 scored 10 set up 15 with 5 mom. 68% pass ratio, 7 fouls but 78 against avged 7.16, this season hes played 5 scored 4 and has 1 assist so if he keeps it up i think he may do real well oh and i play him as a if (a) played him with support for most of 1st season did ok nothing special changed it to attack and for me he started scoring more and assisting more, found him to work real well with rose on that left he tends to pull back inside when rose moves up giving him space to either shoot and usually score or pass it across to others

I didn't think it was too interesting, just a 4-5-1 with the RCM dragged back to a DM.

Curiously, how are you lining up? Thx for all advice - will have another go after work!

I play a standard 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-2-2-1. I don't no why I put interesting tbh not to similar to mine!! I would prob switch Sandro to DM slightly to left to have a more basic position towards the attacking left back to cover,sounds stupid but may be a bit more protective. Counter always seems to work for me first 15/20 mins against the good teams don't be afraid to chop it around during the game

Interesting - Definitely taking this on board. I'm always reluctant to play without an AMC as it feels wrong playing Eriksen on the wing! Does he perform well for you there?

He's still settling in this save but in a previous one I shifted him to the left wing in season two or three and he became even more effective than he had been through the middle (he started getting 10-15 goals a season and 20 odd assists). On that save I played him as a Winger with Support mentality (I think I retrained him as a winger), but in this one I'm using the AP setting so far.

@ tbtower

I honestly believe there is gelling problems with this squad in the first season. My advice would be to settle on a good tactic early and stick to it as much as possible, while giving a bit of preference to players that can speak English and have had PL experience. Personally, after a poor start I did those things and it all came together. I ended up 3rd and won the FA Cup against Chelsea. Chelsea ran away with the league and only lost 3 domestic games all season. Two of those losses were to me. First season I would.....

- play Ade and ease Soldado in

- play Sigurdsson who is settled in, has PL experience and is great for taking all your set pieces and corners. Ease in Chadli

- play Dembele and Sandro, whilst easing in Paulinho and Capoue

The only two signings I gave carte blanche to in terms of going straight in the league team were Lamela and Eriksen

@ Enders - using the very similar 4-2-3-1 you have in your OP, Sigurdsson got me 17 assists from the AM (A) position. Nice return

Just lost my new save. All of it. Every single thing. 11 wins out of 11. Too much good stuff going on to mention... and it's all gone. :(

Ah man that sucks :/

If it's any consolation, after taking on the advice above i'm still failing hugely with Spurs. Cursed.

Somebody mentioned it before... and it really IS a waste to play Eriksen anywhere else but centrally :)

He really is a lifesaver, and throughout two seasons now by far my most important player. Even got Barca are sniffing around him now... in my second season (which I haven't even completed yet, I'm a slow player), he's even better! First season had him on 21 assists and 5 goals, and second season with still 7 matches to be played in the league, he's on 18 assists and 13 goals.

Wouldn't think the 'easing in' of players is of much relevance from the start. More so, if you yourself buy a ton of new players... I played all of the new boys on a rotational basis and won the league first season, and currently sitting top with a 9 point lead in the second season, having played 31 matches and still alive in the CL and FA cup.

Had to let go of Chadli and Paulinho though... just never performed! Paulinho is so severely under-rated that he just can't cut it, and Chadli lacked positional/defensive skills for my liking and tactics. Soldado's got 22 goals in all competitions first season, and is on 16 now in the second. Capoue is a great backup for Sandro, and provides with much needed muscle and heading attributes in both DMC and sometimes DC pos. Lamela and Sigurdsson both great right from the start (though Siggi mostly from the wing as opposed to AMC, which is Eriksens spot).

Eriksen can easliy be retrained to a number of positions, but I opted for Striker. I'm having succes sometimes playing him as a false nine up front sometimes in a pairing partnership, sometimes on his own with IF's on either side. He can also from the start play a more than decent MC position, but the main point is to keep him centrally where his off the ball skills (and PPM's) can really be fulfilled :)

I like Paulinho in game, though I agree he's underrated. He's never going to lead the midfield for years to come (which I think he could do in real life) but he's a good player and a great one to have in the squad.

But Chadli is definitely on his way out as soon as I can get a buyer, and either Townsend or Lennon too. And maybe Holtby. What do people make of him? He seems to have the potential to be retrained in to all manner of things. What have people done with him and how has it worked out?

I've just been using Holtby as an adaptable fill in for Eriksen in the central AP position or Sigurdsson just to his left as an AM. Holtby to me is the kind of player that you keep and use for 3-4 seasons before he has to be naturally weeded out as your younger stars come through and your starting eleven's strength improves with some good signings.

He's damn handy but not essential.

I'd like to echo Enders early point about Capoue at RB. He's a very handy fill in there if Walker is injured or needs a rest, and Naughton is otherwise busy filling in at LB or being injured himself. A couple of times, Capoue at RB got me through a tough fixture, when the games were coming thick and fast.

I like Paulinho in game, though I agree he's underrated. He's never going to lead the midfield for years to come (which I think he could do in real life) but he's a good player and a great one to have in the squad.

But Chadli is definitely on his way out as soon as I can get a buyer, and either Townsend or Lennon too. And maybe Holtby. What do people make of him? He seems to have the potential to be retrained in to all manner of things. What have people done with him and how has it worked out?

Been trying to offload Lennon since the start, but no one has even made a bid for him as yet :/

Holding on to Townsend, as I really like him IRL and he seems to have a great potential. Been massively injured throughout my game so all in all he's only made 3 goals and 1 assist for me...

I sold Holtby after season one! Got nothing against him... he played ok as a backup for Eriksen in the first season. Performed decent enough without making big mistakes or shining through either. Think he's got quite a potential if trained correct, but I just soon realized there was a great sales potential as major clubs started bidding for him. He's a massive cash-cow and I've seen plenty other FM'ers do the same ;)

In the end, City bought him for €19 million!!! Along with the unwanted departure of Dembele (went to PSG), Chadli and a couple of others, this enabled me to get Mkhitaryan, Andre Ayew, and Mitrovic. So far in season two only Mitrovic is a bit of a letdown, but he's still young so he'll get his chance to break through.

Planning on selling Soldado after season two as I have Timo Werner, Mitrovic, Gabriel Barbosa (in a good 'version') and I need cash for a super MC (Pogba, Goretzka, etc)... anyone have any experience in selling him? Is it as hard as selling everybody else that you put up for sale?

I've restarted and I'm very pround of my team for season two.

On 1st season I won the UEFA cup and manage to finish srd in Permiership (2 points behinf Chelsea, 9 from Manchester United).

Team for season two:

GK: Valdez/Schmeichel

DR: Walker/Peruzzi

DC: Kaboul/Vertonghen

DC: Balanta/Doria

DL: Alex Sandro/Luke Shaw

MC: Sandro/Honda

MC: Dembelé/Holtby

AMR: Lamela/Shaqiri

AMC: Eriksen/Sigurosson/Tomás Martinez

AML: Pastore/Townsend

ST: Sérgio Aguero/Mitrovic

Erikson was premiership best player. Soldado was best goalscorer. Nevertheless I sold Soldado to Roma (18 M euros) to Rome, but I pay part of his wage. It was a lousy business but I wanted to bring Sérgio Aguero (40 M euros). Manchester City finished and many players wanted to leave.

I have lots of players on loan out: Rose, Chadly, Capoue, Tielemans, …

I would like to bring Wanyama but have no money for it. I'm build a team for the present and for the future.

Things aren't going to plan in my restarted game...

Screenshot2014-01-18172610_zps3ce01686.png

Got Adra Turan joining in January, and have Defoe (£3m to Palace), Chadli (£5.5m to Schalke) and Townsend (£9m to Cardiff) leaving. I don't anticipate much more business in January, although I will be trying to get Pirlo on a free for season 2. If that comes off I'll have a look at what it'll cost to bring him in early as I think he could give us a really good balance sitting deep, and allowing me to use Sandro as a BBM in midfield where Paulinho has been struggling (despite my declaration a few posts back that I really like him!).

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm sacked. Don't remember the last time that happened. You should probably all stop following my OP advice ;)

I got sacked under very similar circumstances ;) Might be time for me to have a break from depressing Spurs saves...

I think i'll just have a go at a journeyman save, load up a lot of leagues and let the game choose a club for me!

Sounds cool. Let me know where you end up.

I really want to make it work with Spurs but I don't think I can handle the failure again.

...Although the reality is I'll be back failing as Spurs again shortly, I'm sure. Having said that, it does actually seem like a pretty tough job (or maybe the game itself is just tougher this time).

Well I don't have these problems with other clubs. I really think it must be something to do with team gelling. As a lot of the first team will be new before you even make any of your own transfers...

Well I don't have these problems with other clubs. I really think it must be something to do with team gelling. As a lot of the first team will be new before you even make any of your own transfers...

Yeah, I agree. I always play with first window budgets off so it's just the new transfers from real life (plus Rose and Townsend) but that's pretty substantial. It's just so frustrating to not be able to make it work.

Who else have you had saves as? I had a good one with Southampton (highly recommend them, especially if you're in to developing your own players), and had a go with Juventus but that got boring quickly - they're just so much better than everyone else in Serie A.

Yeah, I agree. I always play with first window budgets off so it's just the new transfers from real life (plus Rose and Townsend) but that's pretty substantial. It's just so frustrating to not be able to make it work.

Who else have you had saves as? I had a good one with Southampton (highly recommend them, especially if you're in to developing your own players), and had a go with Juventus but that got boring quickly - they're just so much better than everyone else in Serie A.

Derby mainly, I'm in my third season with them, promoted first season (won the play-offs), scraped premiership survival by about 4 points in season 2 and am now at the start of season 3.

Just started my Journeyman save - I'm at Sport Recife in the Brazilian second division!

Derby mainly, I'm in my third season with them, promoted first season (won the play-offs), scraped premiership survival by about 4 points in season 2 and am now at the start of season 3.

Just started my Journeyman save - I'm at Sport Recife in the Brazilian second division!

Always thought Derby could be fun. Lots of good young players.

Can't do it. I just loaded up a new game with Atletico but I can't give up on succeeding at Spurs so will start with them again in the morning. This is my final go with them so I hope I can make it work.

With that in mind, I thought Id try and collate some tips. Any help greatly appreciated!

1) What formation(s) have you been successful with at Spurs? Would be great to see instructions too.

2) Who have been your most important players (that start the game with Spurs)?

3) Which players have you found a total waste of space?

4) Best & worst signings?

5) Any other tips!

Enders,

4-2-3-1 with 2 MCs. So,

GK (SK/D) - Lloris

DL (FB/A) - I usually purchase one here, but you don't have to.

DC (CD/D) - Vertonghen

DC (CD/D) - Kaboul

DR (FB/S) - Walker

MC (CM/D) - Sandro

MC (DLP/S) - Dembele

IF/S - Sig

AP/S - Eriksen

IF/A (or W/A) - Lamela (Lennon)

AF/A (Poacher/DLF/A) - Soldado (Ade/Defoe)

Control/Fluid/Short passing/Drill crosses)

One of the FB slots can be WB/A, usually the one with better crossing stats, but, whoever it is the IF I like on support, so, WB/FB/A with an IF/S.

The FB/S can have an IF/A or W/A.

Whichever side the WB/FB/A is on that is the side your CM/D is on, protecting the advancing FB/WB.

Your PM will be the AP/S and striker will be the TM - Through balls.

You can of course drop your 2 MCs to DM positions and have them set up as Anchor man and DLP/S or DM/S depending on opposition.

Also, I like the 4-1-2-2-1 (433/451) tactic. The triangle I have is AM / BWM/S and AP/A. Sometimes, I change the BWM to a BBM.

Of course, rotate the other squad players in such as Holtby, Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue etc.

Just about to start the 3rd season on my Spurs save and what a save it's been. Won 6 trophies so far including the EPL, CL, FA Cup, League Cup and Euro Super Cup.

First season I strolled the league and ended with a record 97 points, 17 ahead of United in 2nd. Won the League Cup too and was in contention for a quadruple up until the last few games of the season where PSV beat me in the Europa League semis and United got revenge in the FA Cup final, eventually denying me a treble.

For anyone who's thinking about selling Adebayor in the first year, I'd stick with him. 42 goals in 50 odd games was more than enough to secure his place in the side ahead of a disappointing Soldado (15 in 47). Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Vertonghen were also immense with all of them managing to get into double figures with Eriksen also getting over 20 assists despite missing the last 3 months of the season.

Signings wise I signed Alex Sandro (12m), Timo Horn (3m) and a number of potential world class regens who I'll post when I'm on the comp.

Going into my second season, it was always going to be tough to match the first year and despite winning 3 trophies, domestically it could have went much better. Despite bringing in Luis Suarez for 40m, I finished runners up in the league 3 points behind Chelsea after a shocking end to the season winning only 3 of the last 8 games.

On the European front, it was a different story. After being drawn in a CL group with Barca, Napoli and Sparta Prague I managed to qualify fairly easily and would have finished top had it not been for a loss in the Nou Camp on the last day. I drew Atletico in the last 16 and after as 0-0 draw at WHL, I was trailing 1-0 with 2mins to go and was heading out until Kyle Walker smashed it in after a run down the right. That set me up with a quarter final tie with rivals Chelsea and after hammering them 3-0 at WHL in the first leg, I went and grabbed a 1-0 win at the Bridge to set up another domestic tie in the semis against current holders Man City. Again the first leg was played at WHL and I managed to sneak it 1-0 thanks to rookie John Souttar who was only playing due to Ciriches being out. The second leg I was up against it with Sandro, Suarez, Vertonghen and loanee Dzeko all unavailable. Despite being hammered by City from the start and thanks to Hugo Lloris, it was still 0-0 going into the last 10mins. With 8 minutes to go the inevitable happened and Aguero scored, bringing the tie level on aggregate. Then mins later my heart sank. Kompany headed home from a corner and I was heading out. With nothing left to lose I threw on 2 strikers and with time running out, Alex Sandro made a run down the left and kept on going. After cutting inside and taking it past Zabaleta, he was one on one and put it past Joe Hart. We were in the final in my first CL campaign.

After a tricky run to the final, I was slightly relieved to see that Marseille had put out Dortmund in the semis and that's who stood between us and a historic CL win. The final went according to plan and thanks to Suarez, Ciriches and Edin Dzeko, The Spurs were the new kings of Europe! After the win, I got a message to say that we'd became the most reputable club in the world with a value now over 1bn!! The board also announced that a new stadium was being built and we would be moving to the 56k capacity New WHL in 2017.

Will post screens of transfers, tables etc later on tonight!

Impressive season, Limmy.

I've finlly cracked it myself - just finished 4th and won the Europa League in my first season.

Played a 4-2-3-1 to start with and then dropped the CMs to DMs and retrained Dembele to play as a Regista next to Sandro as an Anchor and once we made that switch there was no stopping us. At the same time I ditched the retain possession instruction and went for more direct passing instead (so as to bypass the slight gap in the middle of the park quickly).

Only signing I made in my first January was Sebastian Giovinco. Probably shouldn't have bothered, he didn't really do much. I need to sotp buying players i like in real life!

Summer 2014 transfer dealings - signed Alberto (Sevilla left back, lots of promise, £3.5m), Arda Turan (£21m), and Steven Caulker (£17m). Sold Holtby, BAE, Chadli, Defoe, Adebayor, Livermore, Adam Smith, Townsend and Naughton. The only one of those who had been decent for me was Chadli but when Dortmund offered £17m I saw the chance to replace him with Turan.

Just lost the entire summer on my latest save. Must be a problem with my computer or a bug with the game because that's the second time this week I've lost a few hours game play when it has shut itself down. Serves me right for not saving regularly, but still it's mega frustrating. I think I might need to take a break or my macbook is likely to get thrown across the room - I don't think I can be bothered with all the wheeling and dealing and tactics and everything the summer needs. Anyone play on Classic mode? Any good? What's missing?

That is why you turn on the rolling save feature ;).

Of course in FMC you can get through seasons a lot quicker but other than that, I can't think of many other advantages. I would recommend you sticking to the full game. Maybe come back to your save in a few days and do pre-season again?

1) What formation(s) have you been successful with at Spurs? Would be great to see instructions too.

2) Who have been your most important players (that start the game with Spurs)?

3) Which players have you found a total waste of space?

4) Best & worst signings?

5) Any other tips!

1: Tactics

Been labeled a "tactical tinkerer" and I'm not locked on to any formation or system to carry through an entire season. I'm a very reactive manager, and I like to set my team up depending on opposition, BUT following partly my own ideas, as well as looking on some of the most popular 'ready-made' tactics out there ;-)

2: Important starting players

Eriksen by far the most important player! Also from the 'starting pool' Kaboul, Siggi (although bit of a hit & miss), Soldado, Lloris.

3: Bad starting players

Chadli, Lennon and partly Defoe and Townsend. Other than that, I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much I've been able to get out of players like Naughton, Adam Smith, Capoue and so on...

4: Best & worst signings

Best signings: Neil Taylor (DL), Keisuke Honda (MC), Timo Werner (ST). All have performed extremely well and consistent, especially considering their 'lowish' price.

Also worth mentioning: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (AMC), Gabriel Barbosa (ST), Andre Ayew (AML)... these 3 have been ok, but Barbosa is still young and being 'smoothed' into the side, while the other two would surely have been more influentiel had it not been for major long-term injuries for both of them, which also cost a good few stats as well as a long break from the side. Too bad it hit my two star signings ;)

Worst signings: None really... all signings have performed more or less as expected with no one falling out.

Hope you get back on the horse again! Enjoying life as Spurs manager and have just won the PL title for second consecutive time in the first two seasons. Still have 3 games to go, and sadly I got knocked out in CL quarters by an overperforming Man. United side, and 3 days later lost wholly undeserved against Liverpool in the FA :(

Thrashed them 4 days later in the league, which was a REAL pleasure as they were second, 9 points behind at that time :)

Ok, season two just finished and Everton got relegated on last day, with everybody up for sale!

What to do... a 30 year old Leighton Baines for €10 mill??? Got decent cover for LB position, but it's Baines (and a UK player)! With 20 in natural fitness stat, how long can he go on? Anyone has any experience with him at age 33-34-ish?

Also Barkley up for around the €16-18 mill mark... But already have Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, Siggi, and a dutch regen :-S

Was really hoping to land a worldclass MC (Pogba, Goretzka, etc) and haven't yet received my transfer kitty for season 3, so what to do???

That is why you turn on the rolling save feature ;).

Of course in FMC you can get through seasons a lot quicker but other than that, I can't think of many other advantages. I would recommend you sticking to the full game. Maybe come back to your save in a few days and do pre-season again?

I did (of course!) end up redoing pre-season last night. Can't keep away! Turned on auto-save again too (always had it off til now because I found its interruptions annoying but it's definitely the lesser of two evils)

Ok, season two just finished and Everton got relegated on last day, with everybody up for sale!

What to do... a 30 year old Leighton Baines for €10 mill??? Got decent cover for LB position, but it's Baines (and a UK player)! With 20 in natural fitness stat, how long can he go on? Anyone has any experience with him at age 33-34-ish?

Also Barkley up for around the €16-18 mill mark... But already have Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, Siggi, and a dutch regen :-S

Was really hoping to land a worldclass MC (Pogba, Goretzka, etc) and haven't yet received my transfer kitty for season 3, so what to do???

Baines has the capacity to play at the top of his game til 34 or 35 - I've seen it in a lengthy save I had as Juventus a while back. I didn't have him myself though.

Pogba is my favourite player in the game. Almost impossible to prise him from Juventus though, unless you can throw £70m+ at it.

Really surprised as to how many people are selling Defoe because he isn't performing, he is doing excellent for me. Half way through January and so far in the Premier League he has 12 goals in 15 appearances, top of the goal scoring charts too.

Exact same thing happened to me after the second season too, I ended up selling Sigurdsson and Holtby for about 39m combined and got Barkley in for 16mil. The reason I sold both of them is because I've a potential world class Scottish regen who I nicked from Dundee United:

John Thomson

m98sgy.png

Also got a few more quality regens who I've managed to pick up on the cheap from other European clubs...

Jos Metgod: (400k from Genk)

2pt2l9f.png

Claudio Vale: (925k from Benfica)

awz2nt.png

Some more achievements since I went to Spurs...

2013/14 PL

2iji5qv.png

2psk1g7.png

2015 CL Final

mb3iox.png

2rokj8h.png

I have taken the stance of buying English talent. Got Will Hughes who has started next to Eriksen in the AMC roles and I have a AMR who cuts in and that would be Lamela or Townsend. So far I have gotten Caulker back, Dier, Hughes, Sean Murray, a ton of young english strikers and kept a lot of the midfielders. Had to sell Paulinho as he was just not doing it for me.

Baines has the capacity to play at the top of his game til 34 or 35 - I've seen it in a lengthy save I had as Juventus a while back. I didn't have him myself though.

Pogba is my favourite player in the game. Almost impossible to prise him from Juventus though, unless you can throw £70m+ at it.

Update: Got Baines for €11 mill... Couldn't resist and shipped poor Danny off to Liverpool for 12 mill :)

Yeah, Pogba... Been trying with everything I've got, but Juve just won Seria A as well as the Champs League, knocking out Barca in semis and beating City in the final. There's no way he'll join me... completely uninterested :(

Same goes for second choice Goretzka! The bugger has 'no intentions' of joining me despite an accepted bid of €17 mill! So what to do now... You see what kind of player I'm going for, but where do I turn now?

Kovacic: Barca, Dortmund, Bayern, City, all the big ones have landed 40 mill bids for him :/

Koke: Moved to PSG last year.

Moutinho: Interested, but Monaco want 50 mill, which I just barely have, and I'm not willing to pay that amount for him.

Fabregas: It's doable (offered by agent, 35 mill), but will he perform as a box-to-box type? Not that great in defensive stats.

Ander Herrera: Same as Fabregas, not great in defence (Marking, tackling).

Yaya Toure: Unhappy at City! Listed for 9.5 mill... but of course 32 years old, and expecting a huuuuge paycheck. Still probably my first choice right now. Could also be a great tutor. Anyone have experience with him? I'm thinking muscle, drive, and experience...

Any other MC's worth considering?

Verratti is at Juve, Schneiderlin also with Nainggolan going the same way. Perhaps Hamsik? Ward-Prowse? Just a bit worried about the physical/defensive aspect of most of these guys...

Archived