Advance more than 1 day at a time

Hi There,

Just downloaded FM14 and have a couple of minor queries;

1. I can't seem to find where you can speed up progress rather than only proceeding 1 day at a time, moving to 7 days? I find that 1 season seems to be taking forever!

2. How do you adjust so that assistant manager looks after all in game tactics and I don't have to watch the whole game. I'd rather simply see the results of each game (particularly friendlies!!!!)

Thanks

You can unsubscribe from various news items which will speed up your progress.

I do agree somewhat with this, there should be a 'continue until ...' option.

I dont like holidaying if i can help it as it marks it on your record as being away? Or am i wrong? I know in matches you wont actually get credit for them if you holiday on that day.

There's an option in preferences called something like Continue Game Timeout - it will basically make the game automatically click Continue for you, if you don't interact with the game. So you can click Continue and leave it to process until it hits a match or a required-response news item. It won't speed the game up, but it does mean you can go off and browse the internet or whatever without having to keep clicking Continue every 30 seconds.

There's an option in preferences called something like Continue Game Timeout - it will basically make the game automatically click Continue for you, if you don't interact with the game. So you can click Continue and leave it to process until it hits a match or a required-response news item. It won't speed the game up, but it does mean you can go off and browse the internet or whatever without having to keep clicking Continue every 30 seconds.

mqdefault.jpg

I wish i knew that a long time ago. Thank you.

I also figured out how to do images in posts :)

Havent tried it as I dont need this feature but I thought this setting only worked in network games so someone going AFK doesnt stop the game for everyone else... does it really work in single player too?

What's the point in playing if you do not want to do tactics and don't want to watch matches?

Some people would like to play the game in a "Director of Football" role. There's been requests over the years for a feature like this when the person does everything but the match side of things. Just because you play a certain way doesnt mean that there are others out there who'd like to do is slightly different :D

• 3 years later...

Did you get a proper answer on this?

I'm struggling to find a way to advance several days at a time rather than one day at a time. Processing stops for me even if there is no input required from me and it's so frustrating.

Archived