Sports Interactive Community
Jobnik

Number of staff

Trying to sign new coaches, and the board allows 9.

2eb4knq.png

Looking at my staff list, there are no 9 coaches there! prior to this list, I mutually terminated contract with the U18 & U21 coaches, to see if it decreases the number, but it did not:

2rxyzgl.png

What is wrong here? am I missing something?

No problem. Also, go to your Boardroom page (click on club name, then Boardroom) and it will show you your allowed staff in all the various roles. U18 and U21 have their own maximum allowed (which you will have probably already figured out when sacking the youth team staff didn't reduce your total staff).

Playing this game for 20 years, and yet sometimes you miss out on the most trivial things!

Thanks for pointing this out.

It's to allow people to have a backroom team that is to their liking, personally I never have more than a couple of physios so it was always a waste of staff allocation when my board would allow 6 to be hired, it was more than I wanted but I was unable to use the wages for staff in other areas.

It's to allow people to have a backroom team that is to their liking, personally I never have more than a couple of physios so it was always a waste of staff allocation when my board would allow 6 to be hired, it was more than I wanted but I was unable to use the wages for staff in other areas.

Fair enough - it makes sense when you put it like that but I don't think I ever saw illogical allocations (ie - six physios) under the old method. May just take some getting used to.

Alex, the only thing I don't like about this is you can now "double" dip when asking for extra spaces for coaches from the board...Ask for a Physio and if the wish is granted you are under no obligation to sign a Physio. You can sign a coach instead. So, you have two ways of increasing your coaching staff in talking to the board, by asking for extra Physio's and also asking for extra Coaches.

If anything the individual interaction with the board for coaches & physio's should be combined and be called increased "backroom staff" to bring it in line with the new format.