Strikers not scoring goals- even if it is easy chance

Hi, I have been playing FM 14 for a bit and noticed that strikers would never score 1v1s and goalkeepers would make ridiculous saves across the box for a tap in going to the far post.

Anyone had problem with this? I dont trust my strikers one bit to put away any sort of 1v1 with the goalkeeper. I dont think I have ever scored a clear 1v1 with only goalkeeper remaining. I would much rather trust a cutting in winger to score my goals.

Unfortunately you're not the only one seeing this :( I don't think my players have ever scored on 1v1s, which gets frustrating when they do it three times in a row (four actually, but one was counted as off the woodwork) and then the other team runs up and scores two from out of nothing. Not sure how to stop my players from doing 1v1s though, as that's not an option in the team instructions ;)

I'm 34 games into my season and the top scorer in the league is Gerrard (for me) on 17 goals. Papiss Cisse is the top goalscoring striker on 15 and the big strikers (Van Persie, Negredo, Aguero, Soldado, Suarez, Giroud and Rooney) are on 13, 12,10, 9, 8, 7 and 6. Sorry but for those strikers who are among the best in the world to have only scored that amount of goals is terrible. I only see that chances suarez misses but i'm pulling my hair out because of them sometimes. This definitely seems like a problem to me

Not everyone, in my low league game my star strikers are scoring at will.

Ok, a few exceptions then, though we appear to be playing the same game and there are countless posts about strikers not scoring... your secrets must be amazing.

I do find strikers miss too many one-on-ones, and I don't just mean my players, the computer is often guilty of it too, I play a high line so my keepers do face couple of one-on-one chances against me now and then, but the computer rarely scores them unless they choose to chip the keeper. Likewise with my players, great through ball, plenty of time, one-on-one with the keeper, and they either pass it casually wide, or smack it at the goalie. If they chip him they usually score, otherwise not so much.

And it isn't a tactics problem, the chances I'm talking about are for players with plenty of time, and they're top class players with good finishing, composure etc. and often with good morale. It seems to be an issue on my save, hardly game breaking, but a slight issue at the least.

Anyone using the corner cheat will have a very high scoring striker.

Until that exploit is fixed there will be massive variance in people's results.

In lower leagues it's possible to have a striker who Is a leading star for the division above the one your in.

Those guys can get a lot of goals even without cheating.

I have my settings on default, meaning if I score from corners it's my CBs doing it.

Llorente's goals are mostly from crosses while Jordi's are more varied but mostly one-on-ones, shots inside the box and crosses.

I have my settings on default, meaning if I score from corners it's my CBs doing it.

Llorente's goals are mostly from crosses while Jordi's are more varied but mostly one-on-ones, shots inside the box and crosses.

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you!

Seen some silly screenshots in other threads where this is clearly going on.

simply put, whatever anyone writes here, its a tactic problem...read daylights tactics there
Strikers missing 1v1s clearly isn't a tactics problem. That's just silly!

I agree, a lot of the issues raised by people in the GD forum are tactics related, but this clearly isn't. If you're getting a lot of 1v1s that (usually) means you've got a tactic that works and is opening up the defence. Now, that they're not scoring is due to something completely different, but tactics ain't it!

simply put, whatever anyone writes here, its a tactic problem...read daylights tactics there

Shut up you fool, actually read the comments. Replies like this are literally pointless and just annoys everyone. If you actually read my comment you would see that it's not only my team who has strikers struggling to score. No striker in the league has scored more than 15 goals after 36 league games. Idiot.

Finishing from 1-on-1s is maybe the biggest aggravation of the ME for me. Creativity is nerfed because putting someone clean through results in a save 99% of the time. I'm not sure I've even seen 1 goal from a 1-on-1 in my first full season, and I saw plenty of opportunities arise. It really sucks the dramatics out of watching your match. When a highlight involves a 1-on-1 you immediately know there will NOT be a goal. Please keep in mind this is for the AI as well, so I'm not just whining about my own team.

Also, I'm not saying my strikers can't score. Ibrahimovic had around 18 goals in my first season, and he was out for 2 months with injuries. The problem is that almost all the goals seem to come from crosses, set pieces, and goalmouth scrambles/rebounds, with the occasional moment of individual brilliance where a top player will take a few dribbles and blast it past the keeper. Goals from creative passing seem very rare.

Archived