The phrase 'Slightly Concerned' is the only thing I hate about FM

It's an age-old story:

Drawn against the biggest team in the land.

Managing the worst team in the land.

Worst team in the land loses by a single goal.

Manager incredibly proud of the performance. Manager expected to lose, but dagnammit, the worst team in the land went down fighting!

So I ask you, what would be a realistic fan reaction to this bravest of brave fights? (Hayes & Yeading 1-2 Manchester United)

"The fans are slightly concerned following Crap Team Athletic's defeat against Super Team United".

It's been going on for years now. Please, dear god, SI let it stop. Please please please write some sort of lovely, magical code that makes the game recognise that losing by a narrow margin when you're a small club is in fact a small victory!

Other than that, great game ;)

I agree with the OP and MichaelBrown obviously doesn't get it, or likes the usual one liner.

These are irritating features that need cleaning up.

BUT -- its not a bug, they are parts of the base programming logic that need to be addressed,

There are a myriad of reasons that teams perform well above expectations, and should be recognised for that, not draw the negatve reaction of "Slight Concern" or other reactions.

As I recall, the inverse is also a problem: if you're the best club in the nation and you smash some third division minnow 4-0, they'll be ecstatic. Which is silly.

Seems like such a straightforward thing to fix, and I have no idea why it persists. Just weight the reaction according to the pre-match expectation.

As I recall, the inverse is also a problem: if you're the best club in the nation and you smash some third division minnow 4-0, they'll be ecstatic. Which is silly.

Seems like such a straightforward thing to fix, and I have no idea why it persists. Just weight the reaction according to the pre-match expectation.

Maybe, because we all got the pitchforks out when this feature was introduced. Back then, if you were Man Utd and you didn't win 6-0 every match was 'slightly concerned'. Even a 3-0 was 'poor' for the fans.

So it'll probably remain as is for the moment.

It certainly is not as easy as you would expect to find an algorithm to take everything into account.

Scoring time, scorers, opposition, performance to go with the result, team form, winning after being dominated, one leg/two leg-matches, importance of the match, fans season expectations, and many more do in reality influence the opinions of fans.

But I fully agree, it can be very annoying and it would be great if they found a solution to that.

Maybe, because we all got the pitchforks out when this feature was introduced. Back then, if you were Man Utd and you didn't win 6-0 every match was 'slightly concerned'. Even a 3-0 was 'poor' for the fans.

So it'll probably remain as is for the moment.

But that was silly as well. Why can't they just be 'content' or 'satisfied'?

The other thing along similar lines is when you let a player go (in my instance a 36 year old keeper) who is replaced by someone far better (current England squad member, and only 24), and the fans and board think it's an "aberration".

No, no it's not.

Archived