Unrealistic fee demands from players?

UF91

when negotiating contracts (renewal /new signing) why do players ask for some crazy appearance fee/sub fees? Playing as Man Utd, Rafael wanted a new contract and after negotiation I managed to get down to, app fee:31k, clean sheet: 25k, unused sub: 25k

now van persie wants 43k for app +goal fee, plus 11 k sub fee, when under his original contract he is getting paid 15k app, 10k goal, 9k unused sub

why do all players expect such a massive and unrealistic rise in their fees, surely only the very best players should be asking for such high fees?

I was interested in signing holtby and even he wanted 30k appearance fee :(

gonna bump this as, it's getting ridiculous, de gea needs a new contract, went to offer one, he wants 105k/pw , 20 k app fee, 50k clean sheet bonus

even welbeck wants 80k pw, 32k appearance fee, 30k goal bonus, 24k unused sub

so basically all my players will be earning over 130k+

sure there is something wrong with this?

The issue is, that they introduced the unused sub bonus as 'some' clubs in England had such thing in place. However, now ALL players demand such bonus all of the time.

Annoying.

That's even more annoying as neither an appearance bonus, nor a unused sub bonus are common in Germany for example.

In Germany bonuses at most clubs are paid per point won when appearing. I.e. no bonus unless you are fielded and winning points.

The whole contracts system is based on the input of a small number of English clubs. No wonder many people feel SI didn't get it right.

I agree, the bonuses are ridiculous - and considering they always want all of them, the new 'options' just mean we are paying players more money yet again.

I think one of the issues is that the players or agents have an absolute minimum in mind - for example agent fee. The offer you make might be completely fine but you are below the agent fee minimum by €100. The agent will then bounce ALL the options and salary back up again, leaving you without a clue as to what the problem with your offer is.

The agent or player should just say: look, I need this agent fee but the rest is fine. Rather than constantly negotiating about ALL of the bonuses.

The whole contracts system is based on the input of a small number of English clubs. No wonder many people feel SI didn't get it right.

Pretty much this, but in reality alot of the games features are based on the English game simply because that is what the developers will be mostly familiar with

Sure it's gets better by each year, but still a way to go

You do know you can 'lock' those two items as non-negotiable at a sensible level? Yes they will then ask for more salary - but at least the bonuses can be kept managable. (and in theory the total contract cost kept a bit lower)

The problem with locking is that either the player gets angry because you tried to "back him into a corner" and stops negotiations completely, or they raise the non-locked demands by fairly incredible amounts, making it hardly worth the risk to lock anything unless you are very close already.

You do know you can 'lock' those two items as non-negotiable at a sensible level? Yes they will then ask for more salary - but at least the bonuses can be kept managable. (and in theory the total contract cost kept a bit lower)

really? how do you do that?

I keep ending up just having to sell and release players like a madman because of massively inflated contract demands, its a bit silly really. I also get a ridiculous number of players refusing to move due to wages being offered, so I suspect it impacts the AI as well

Archived