Norway club turning scottish slowly but surely?

Heya, I've noticed something interesting.

I am into my 4th season with a Norwegian club called Haugesund. The manager (me) is Scottish and some of staffs are Scottish as well. It began from 2nd season but I've noticed it clearly in my 4th season.

It's that there are more and more Scottish youth intake every year. I think it has something to do with the club's unusual amount of Scotish staffs. At this rate, I foresee I will have maybe one or two Norwegian players left after 10 seasons. Scottish regens were clearly superior to my Norwegian regens which means my first 11 will eventually be all Scottish.

I've always managed a Norwegian clubs since FM 2012 but this trend didn't happen in previous versions. This is very interesting.

Look for yourself.

My first team roster.

a_zpsf3bc775e.jpg

Adam Ashgar is a real world person. But two other scotts (Neilson and Kidd) were regens that came into the team who made into first team. They are pretty good. They both have PA of 140+.

Now my 2nd team.

c_zps5070006f.jpg

Liam Kelly (GK) and Jack Simpson are real world players but Alastair Miller is a regen who came into the team as a youth.

Now my youth setup.

b_zps94cddc21.jpg

All scottish kids up there are regens who were clearly better than Norwegian regens. They will make into first 11 given few years.

Is this a new feature? :D

wait, so you can be a (for example irish) manager of real madrid who replaced all his staff by irish people (and bought few irish players as well) which would result in more and more irish youth geners and (in extreme case) converting the team to 100% irish ? :O

Now, as regens coming into a team, those players (assuming they stay on-roster) would count towards the home-grown/club-trained requirements in Champions League play, right?

Correct - nationality is irrelevant for the CL/EL home-grown quota.

wait, so you can be a (for example irish) manager of real madrid who replaced all his staff by irish people (and bought few irish players as well) which would result in more and more irish youth geners and (in extreme case) converting the team to 100% irish ? :O

Well, doable but not ideal for an European giant like Real Madrid. Real got money and lots of it.

I can't afford to buy players, so I have to rely on home-grown and sell when their ego gets bigger than their heads.

From my observations, FM 14 adds a lot of little interesting stuff.

In one of my UCL group stage games, against Real Madrid, I was losing the game 5 to nil. My captain who is a really hot headed guy who also gets red cards quite often even in domestic games intentionally "collides" with CR7 and knocked his ribs out and got sent off at 89th minute. CR7 later would be out of game for 4 months. That was a big LOL moment.

I didn't even issue a warning for the player. I was actually pleased.

His name is Tor Arne Andreassen. He's a real world player. Look him up in your game. He's got temper and lots of it. It wasn't first time he intentionally knocked players out, either :D The dude is a loyal thug. He is also a one-club man. I love guys like him. They are hard to find.

Wow that's really cool.

Threads like that should be linked at the New Game screen.

There's loads of great challenges in that sub-forum. I'm currently doing ri's youth academy challenge, where you take a club that gets promoted into the bottom league of a nation at the end of year one and take them to national and continental glory. All without buying a single player. Great fun.

i am a Norwegian with norwegian nationality set in the game, i'm managing Rosenborg now. I'm in the year 2020. Won Tippeligaen 7 year in a row and Europa League etc. I'm also managing Turkey. After I took over Turkey there have been an influx of turkish players through my youth intake:p there haven't been any good players yet though :( But how does the youth intake work with nationalities ? how can i get more diverse nationalities ? I have feeder clubs from Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, China and Brazil, but no players have had those nationalities...

Archived