Can't make an loan offer despite manager saying he would like to see him in my team

So in the press i spoke of how i would like to bring Tello into my team on loan. Then a few days later in the press the Barca manager said he's interested to see how he plays under me (screenshot below) but when i can't actually make an offer because it says the club aren't looking to loan out the player (screenshot again below.

tumblr_mwkh95ffOB1r1ut21o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwkh95ffOB1r1ut21o2_1280.jpg

I can't understand this either. Tried to loan in Guidetti off City. His squad status is a Hot Prospect but Unavailable for Loan. Yet when I declare an interest in loaning him and have both him and his manager admit a loan could be a good move for him, I still get the same screen where I am unable to make a loan offer.

Certainly seems a bit off to me. They should atleast allow an offer to be made before deciding if it's beneficial or not. For example, he could have playing first team football for Liverpool rather than just the odd game for barca which would have then been extremely beneficial and would have helped the player to improve. Though maybe if i offered at a rotation or back-up status then they may just feel there wouldn't be any gain by letting him leave. To full stop stop a loan without even discussing it for a player who is probably quite a bit off their first team make no sense to me

i would probably say you're in the same situation with Guidetti to a certain extent (i assume you're not a team as big as Liverpool though)

Archived