Sports Interactive Community
Drlw

FM14 - 442 drlw1980, treble first season with Liverpool!! No signings.

4-4-2 drlw1980, a possession based 4-4-2 tactic.

​I've been struggling to find a good tactic for my Liverpool team, and I've tried many tactics without any big success. Therefore I ended up to make my own tactic, picking up some tips here and there. My main goal was to make it a possession-based tactic, because I think this years ME would allows me making one, and because this is my football-philosophy. This is the result:

Tactic download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jw4a19gcq4wxh89/4-4-2_drlw1980.tac

Tactic overview:

nhwt.th.png

Goalkeeper:

I choose a sweeper keeper because of my high defensive line and offside-trap. And want him to deliver short.

Fullbacks:

I want my fullbacks to be stable at the back, but also contribute at offense. I always prefer pacey defenders. Sometimes they play bad, but I think this probably is a ME problem.

Central defenders:

Strong and not to slow defenders is what i prefer. Found Skrtel/Agger most stable, used Sakho more as a fullback.

Central Midfielders:

I started using BWM's her, but they picked up very many yellow and red cards. So I choosed one Box to box player(Gerrard/Henderson) and one Deep lying playmaker(Lucas/Allen). This combination was for me the best.

Wingers:

I preferred right-footed at right and left-footed at the left. So I played Sterling/Henderson/Coutinho/Ibe at the right and Wilson(teenie)/Coutinho/Cissokho/Moses at the left. They will dribble, cross and play wide.

Strikers:

Here i choose one Complete Forward(Sturridge/Yesil) and one Deep lying Forward(Suarez/Aspas). They will score many goals. DLF will be the main threat at corners, with bringing the ball into the box from a short corner.

O.I.:

None

Results:

gihc.th.png 6w7n.th.png cwgw.th.png

League table and players stats:

2sjn.th.png 3uh7.th.png

Some matchstats:

lgf7.th.png mc8g.th.png mdgw.th.png mxqv.th.png iev3.th.png 2a9e.th.png tmfc.th.png zdtd.th.png

Training preseason:

Upload tactic in all 3 spots. make 7-9 friendlies.

uyf5.th.png

Training inseason:

yuqz.th.png

Team of the year:

dw8k.th.png

Signings:

eio4.th.png

I'll appreciate feedback, and I hope some of you will try it.

This is the second time I upload any tactic of mine, so I'm glad for all feedback.

Okay i'll give it a go with my Everton team.

Nice! Give me a update in how it goes! :-)

atm trying first 2 match(freindlys was close 2-1 just got beaten by bayern 2-1 on my third friendly will update soon but i must say im impressed with the short passing

edit: literraly 5 mins after i posted my op won 5-2 against anderlecht

atm trying first 2 match(freindlys was close 2-1 just got beaten by bayern 2-1 on my third friendly will update soon but i must say im impressed with the short passing

edit: literraly 5 mins after i posted my op won 5-2 against anderlecht

I'm glad you like it. What team are you?

liverpool of course >< I find the wingers the maing goal scoring threat for theese tactic

I must say coutinho sterling ibe and suso are mosnter with theese. coutinho got european goldenboy while suarez got world player of year in my first season

I must say coutinho sterling ibe and suso are mosnter with theese. coutinho got european goldenboy while suarez got world player of year in my first season

Nice! Any screenshots of your achievments?

Levante in the CL first season using this tactic. Put Barcelona out of the Spanish Cup' date=' only lost 8 games all season.[/quote']

That's very impressive! Do u mind post screenshots?

I'm playing with a tweaked version at the moment, and it seems to be working very good. Will hopefully post screenshots and tactic later tonight. :)

great wee formation - saved my job when having a dip in form with liverpool first season.

tempted to start a new save with the likes of Newcastle as have the basis of a 442 team already in place, ill keep you posted but love the wing play from this game!

FB ratings are poor but when watching the game it looks like there have a cracking game - strange

I switched corners to "mixed". While watching games it seemed to me like there is a "bug" when corners was set to "short". Suarez (or other DLF) was always with no opposite players around him, it was easy to score or pass the ball. Now it looks more realistic. But great tactic, thanks.

I'm doing well with this tactic. I do alter the strategy to "Control" against tricky teams away or big teams which seems to work for me. Forwards are enjoying pretty good success, but I agree with the post above - that must be a bug surely?

Used this for a season with my Hibernian side. As you'll seem some great results and runs throughout the season. I would like to add though that I do have the best squad in the league which I won on the last day of the season. I too noticed the corner thing, scored alot of goals particualy in the first half of the season from it but wasn't complaining! Great tactic. Will let you know how I get on in future.

season1.png

Hi. I am liverpool and my team is struggling. Daniel S cant score to save his life. Do you use wingers and attackers as support role or attack role?

Given this a go with Nordsjaelland, won the first game after a miserable first 7 league games with my old tactic, so I'll let you know how it goes!