The Hearts and Hibs thread, the bridesmaids of Scottish football

Eleanor_Rigby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Connor signs new deal.

Boozy, Mowbray and Venus all look set to sign new deals and Murray & Riordan are both still Hibs players as I type this.

Oh and we humped Livi to stay 3rd and close in on Rangers, what a fab week.

McManus will get a fair few for Dundee, guarenteed to score against us. Always liked Tam, a real character.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

Almost a month to hit page 2 icon13.gif

You may as well share a stadium let alone a thread <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not sell Celtic Park and Ibrox and the OF could move into a new stadium to clear all debt and bring in good enough players to challenge in europe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richey White:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

Get out icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Why not sell Celtic Park and Ibrox and the OF could move into a new stadium to clear all debt and bring in good enough players to challenge in europe? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Equally then, why don't Hibs and Hearts sell their grounds, merge together and try to challenge in Scotland? icon_razz.gif

And in all seriousness, you could share a stadium at the moment, I think the Jambos only have enough players to fill about three toilet cubicles. (No inferment regarding anyones sexuality intended there!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrankJJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Why not sell Celtic Park and Ibrox and the OF could move into a new stadium to clear all debt and bring in good enough players to challenge in europe? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Equally then, why don't Hibs and Hearts sell their grounds, merge together and try to challenge in Scotland? icon_razz.gif

And in all seriousness, you could share a stadium at the moment, I think the Jambos only have enough players to fill about three toilet cubicles. (No inferment regarding anyones sexuality intended there!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No inferring needed. Hartley's wee goatee? Miller's earrings?? Speaks for itself really..

Any comebacks regarding so w@nker haircuts don't count.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richey White:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrankJJ:

And in all seriousness, you could share a stadium at the moment, I think the Jambos only have enough players to fill about three toilet cubicles. (No inferment regarding anyones sexuality intended there!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No inferring needed. Hartley's wee goatee? Miller's earrings?? Speaks for itself really..

Any comebacks regarding so called w@nker haircuts don't count. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was getting at. As much as you don't want to share with Rangers we don't want to share with Hearts. Although I think their board may come grovelling in the not too distant future and hopefully ours will be in a position to tell them where to go.

Hibs are in the best financial position they have been in for many years so there is little need for us to run away right now.

Not seen too much but both are highly rated. O'Brien has scored a few crackers this season and McNamee was getting rumoured with a move to Celtic about 1/2 months ago iirc.

I reckon both would be god additions to the team though icon14.gif

We're still trying to get Gow from Airdrie as well who is meant to be promising although I don't see where we got the £100k to bid for him from in the first place icon_confused.gif

Dean Shields from Cowdenbeath is meant to be on trial as well just now

Hearts also have Edson Da Silva (Tottenham) and Brian Cash (Bristol Rovers) training with thim this week with a view to signing.

Da Silva is a forward and is meant to be banging in the goals for Tottenham reserves but isn't getting a chance for the first team. Not surprising considering they have Keane/Kanoute/Defoe. Previosly at PSV and Benfica and still only 21. Robertson was just on the radio saying he looks good and has a fantastic shot.

Cash is a winger who joined Rovers from Nottm Forest last year but hasn't been able to feature much in the first team. Still only 22 and cant see what harm it will have us looking at him. If he's not good enough then we just send him back.

Only a week ago I was worried about the size of our squad for the 2nd half of the season but now things are looking much better with the additions of Miller and the 4 Lithuanians plus the possibility of Gow, Shields, Da Silva, Cash, McNamee, O'Brien all joining. Danny Murphy from Boro reserves is also rumoured to be coming for a trial with us. He's a 19 yr old forward and scoring for fun for Boro reserves at the moment from what I've heard.

Things looking good for once icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Floater (now you're back icon_biggrin.gif), were you at the game on Saturday?

Considering it had 5 goals it was the biggest piece of p1sh i've ever had the misfortune of watching. Probably one of the worst games I've sat through. It's very rarely I go before the end, yet I left with 15mins to go. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest I thought it was quite exciting. Defensively we are mince and have been all season - Kili put 5 past us, Motherwell 4 and Gretna 3! But I thought we genuinely caused Hearts problems, although Jason Scotland should have come on earlier. I was pretty gutted we lost because I thought Hearts' only decent player was Paul Hartly. That Piriera(sp?) guy is a complete joke he just runs about anywhere with the ball and fails to do anything dangerous with it ultimately.

Once we get a manager who can organise our defense properly we could beat anyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TWO Lithuanian football stars who had agreed to join Hearts will not be moving to Tynecastle.

Andrius Gedgaudas, his country’s Player of the Year, and FBK Kaunas team-mate Gediminas Vicius were expected to fly into Edinburgh this week to sign until the end of the season but have snubbed the Jambos’ attempts to lure them to the Capital.

New owner in waiting Vladimir Romanov had offered to bankroll a quartet of Eastern European stars until the summer following Kaunas’ week-long training camp at the club’s Riccarton academy - 20-year-old internationalist Saulius Mikoliunas and under-21 star Marius Kizys trained with the Hearts first-team squad for the first time on Tuesday.

Boss John Robertson had hoped the arrival of the experienced Gedgaudas and Vicius would plug some gaps in his squad over the next four months, but their apparent sudden and unexpected change of Heart has left the Gorgie chief disappointed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Floater (now you're back icon_biggrin.gif), were you at the game on Saturday?

Considering it had 5 goals it was the biggest piece of p1sh i've ever had the misfortune of watching. Probably one of the worst games I've sat through. It's very rarely I go before the end, yet I left with 15mins to go. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, that title now goes to the Hearts v Thistle game. icon_biggrin.gif Lets hope we don't lose Hartley any time soon too. I'd hate to think what would happen to Hearts without him. :/

God dammit, we're good. Didn't think I'd see Ian Murray play another game for Hibs either. Didn't feel like a goodbye game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prícks icon_mad.gif Without the ned Hibs would suck. Nah, good result taking into account Killie seems to be your bogey team this season.

I thought i would be adventurous today and travelled up to Dens Park. I now remember why I stopped going to away games. icon13.gif

I converted one Jambo yesterday when I had a free ticket. Are you ready to make the change too so we can just call this the Hibs thread icon_wink.gif

Yesterday we struggled to contain Killie in the first 20 mins and then we just took a grip of the game and it was like we could score when we wanted. We then just turned the gas off for the last 15-20 and let Killie show what they could do, amazed they didn't score but the defence was strong. O'Connor is looking fantastic once again, best player on the pitch even if Deek scored a hat trick. Can't argue to much about them being neds though icon_biggrin.gif

Worry about Killie? icon_biggrin.gif We toil when playing shrapnel like Thistle nevermind PL teams. I'm past worring what depths we've currently sunk too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You better start worrying even more!

Apparently Hartley is heading for Celtic Park in a swap deal for...............

Momo!! Plus you get a few quid.

The problem with the swap deals is that Hearts can't afford the players wages.

MD, I agree it is refreshing to see any team play good football and look dangerous towards the OF. Unfortunatly though their are pratts in the media like Chick Young who seem to think that the only way the youngsters can progress is by moving onto the OF. I used to like Chick but It was great to hear Jim Traynor, of all people, tell him that it's better for Scottish Football if they stay at Hibs.

I've got a funny feeling Murray might not be going to Rangers after all. Still looks likely though.

Good result for us today. Up to 4th and only 5pts behind Hibs although they have a game in hand. Semi Final on Wednesday as well icon_cool.gif

These are taken from Hearts forum about the new players:

Mikolaunas was absolutely outstanding today....two good tricky feet.......pace......strength....tracking back....considering he's not supposed to be match fit we have got a real peach hear....also hit the bar with an overhead kick !!

Burchill: Only on for ten minutes, nowhere near match fit so too hard to judge him.

Miller : Different class and hardly lost a ball in the air all day. Superb first touch for a big man.

Young Iclandic striker was meant to be quite impressive against Livi in midweek as well.

Things starting to look a bit more promising icon14.gif

One of Romanov's advisor's was speaking on the radio and wasn't giving too much away but said the deal will be done before next Friday, Robinson has to resign when deal is concluded, Robertson will have more money to spend in the summer and we'll be staying at Tynecastle for at least the medium future. He declined to comment on whether or not Romanov blocked the Hartley sale but did say Romanov thought he was a very good player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo:

Miller : Different class and hardly lost a ball in the air all day. Superb first touch for a big man. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now if only you could convince the Bristol City Management and half the fans......

Sigh.

Good win for Hearts, dissapointed Hibs game was called off.

Bloody Ian McCall screwed my coupan up icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected your post for accuracy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Floater 5000:

Good win for Hearts, dissapointed Hibs game was called off.

Bloody Ian McCall screwed my coupan up icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected your post for accuracy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't bother with the spelling then? icon_wink.gif

Archived