The Hearts and Hibs thread, the bridesmaids of Scottish football

Eleanor_Rigby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time other teams started standing up to Celtic and Rangers, although I suspect Romanov may have had something to do with it.

Hopefully this will be remembered the next time David Murray tries to pick someone up on the cheap.

Elsewhere, I see the Hibees have started breaking up already. Colin Murdoch has left. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

A couple of my mates that were at the Hearts - Aberdeen game said the new signings were impressive. Lets hope Cesnauskis improves our squad even more.

Ok, I'm actually starting to like Romanov now, especially if he was the guy that told Hearts not to sell Hartley. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that actually true about the 300k plus 100k if Motherwell win tonight bid?

Good luck tonight, hope it goes as well as your last semi final at ER icon14.gif

It's always going to start rosy though isn't it. Dundee fans were licking their lips at the prospect of Edgar Davids ffs!

Lets wait and see if its the same story a year or so down the line.

Hibs have signed Chris Hogg, Steven Sproule and some other De Vries like lad. Hogg is still injured but was England captain at U16 level and was bought at 16 for £150,000 so I'm pretty excited about him, exactly what we need. Ian Murray still at Hibs \o/

Kinda hope this game gets called off at ER tonight icon_wink.gif

Cesnauskis is only on loan to us for the rest of the season. I went to Lithuanian messageboards to find out about him and they are shocked he has signed for us. They seem to rate him really highly.

A quote from the site:

Cesnauskis is buch better than Mikoliunas! its a real surprise he moved to Hearts! He is one of Lithuania NT leaders, with 16 caps already and 3 goals. Very good right winger.

There's another from a month ago when asked who Lithuania's best players were:

top lithuanian players? I am afraid, that Romanovas dont have the influence to make thel come to Hearts, unless he buys them...bla, we have Semberas(defender, defensive midfielder) playin in Champions League all the time with CSKA Moscow, we have brothers Cesnauskis, one playing for Dinamo Kiev, other for Lokomotiv Moscow.(left and right wingers respectively). Jankauskas playing for NICE. He is only lithuanian to win champions league. that was last year with Porto.

Seems he does indeed have the influence to get one of them to join us icon14.gif

A win tonight and the takeover complete by the weekend would be amazing. I did have doubts over Romanov but so far he is doing what he said he would. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Kinda hope this game gets called off at ER tonight icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just fear Hearts will basically plough through the pitch with their wild hacks and industrial football, thus rendering our pitch totalling unsuitable for our "free-flowing, attractive game".

And leave our toilets alone.

Also really pleased that Hearts stood firm on the Hartley issue and didn't let Celtic bully them into selling. Hopefully sends a message to the OF that they cant just buy players on the cheap.

I hope other teams do the same now although I wouldn't mind Riordan leaving Hibs on the cheap icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo:

Also really pleased that Hearts stood firm on the Hartley issue and didn't let Celtic bully them into selling. Hopefully sends a message to the OF that they cant just buy players on the cheap.

I hope other teams do the same now although I wouldn't mind Riordan leaving Hibs on the cheap icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, fair play to yous, Celtic want their @rses kicked really for what they've done. He'll still go in the summer mind, probably right after his form takes an almighty dip for some strange reason...

And if Motherwell want to risk having 1,500 Hibbys at Fir Park when they could've had 5k on Saturday then thats their problem. If the "conspiracy" works then they have my full support though icon_biggrin.gif

Hearts have signed Mark Forker from the same team Hibs got Sproule.

A 16-year-old Burtonport youngster is this week taking the first steps of realising his boyhood dream as he begins life as a full-time professional footballer.

Mark Forker, from Glenahilt, in Burtonport, has been signed up by Scottish Premiership side, Hearts. A product of Keadue Rovers Youths programme, Mark has been playing with Institute in Derry over the last few seasons.

He was snapped up by the Edinburgh club who got in ahead of Northampton, Leicester, and Bolton,. In fact, he had more or less agreed terms with Northampton when the Scottish club swooped. "It is something he has always dreamed about, and is a great opportunity for him. The contract is for two and half years and he is really looking forward to the opportunity and hopefully it will work out for him," said his proud father, Hugh, a former Keadue star of the 1970's.

"I was over with Mark before Christmas and I was very impressed with the set-up at the club. They have a very good youth academy run by a man by Derry man John Murray, who lived for a time in Donegal Town when he was a youngster," added Hugh.

As well as playing football he will also take part in the club's education programme and will attend second level schools three and a half days a week.

Mark travelled over to Edinburgh on Monday and had his first training session on Tuesday morning. He will go straight into the clubs U-17 team.

An all rounder as well as soccer, he is also an accomplished Gaelic footballer and had built up a reputation for himself with Dungloe in recent years and was a member of Donegal Development squads at U-14, U-15 and was on this year's county U-16 team at the start of the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richey White:

Aye, fair play to yous, Celtic want their @rses kicked really for what they've done. He'll still go in the summer mind, probably right after his form takes an almighty dip for some strange reason...

And if Motherwell want to risk having 1,500 Hibbys at Fir Park when they could've had 5k on Saturday then thats their problem. If the "conspiracy" works then they have my full support though icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why?

Are you saying clubs shouldn't try to buy players for as little money as possible? Aren't Hearts taking advantage of Romanov's influence and their status to sign Lithuanians or Hibs picking up players from smaller clubs to develop in their reserves and move into the first team?

That's the way football works, some clubs always complain about bigger clubs taking their best players but they in turn are quite happy to take the money. It's maybe not quite this simple, but no one forces anybody to sell to Celtic or Rangers, and on this occasion and seemingly with Hibs too over Riordan and Murray, the Edinburgh clubs have made a stand, which will be bloody good for the game.

I should point out too that, as he freely and firstly announced, it was John Robertson who approached Martin O'Neil with regards to player moves and Celtic were informed that Hearts would be willing to consider Hartley's move. It was only at a later stage that the fee was found to be substantially higher than MON thought. Hearts held on to their man and hopefully he will continue to gather good publicity for the rest of the season. The fans need to give him a chance and he needs to make sure he still gives the same effort he has so far this season.

(ps. Motherwell = cheating b@astards! icon_biggrin.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrankJJ:

The fans need to give him a chance and he needs to make sure he still gives the same effort he has so far this season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what are the chances of that happening? Yes, no club would willingly pay over the odds for a player, but the fact is, even ignoring the first bid, Hearts have asked for a million, and Celtic have come back twice with offers that barely improved on the initial 200k (i'll consider the 100k "compensation" offer idle rumour for now). Result, Hearts key player reputedly doesn't want to play for the club anymore, and you can bet your bottom dollar Hartley's probably counting the days down to the summer.

Peter Lawwell said on CelticTv though today that Hearts never confirmed a price to Celtic and that part of the problem seemed to be he didn't know who he was dealing with.

Robinson, no wonder most of you hate him, was apparently ready to deal for a lot less than a million, but then Foulkes was dealing with it then Robinson again, then finally Foulkes. It looks as if Foulkes is in contact with Romanov and Robinson plainly isn't.

I agree fully that the player is now unsettled but Celtic didn't make the transfer bid public and as far as it seems he should accept that Celtic will not be back in the summer for him.

I sat next to Chris Robinson on a Glasgow-London shuttle around 12 years ago, and in that hour I came to the conclusion he was an arrogant, self obsessed, *****. And I had no idea at the time he was involved or would be, with Hearts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Robinson, no wonder most of you hate him, was apparently ready to deal for a lot less than a million, but then Foulkes was dealing with it then Robinson again, then finally Foulkes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because Robinson wants to milk as much cash from Hearts as he possibly can before he goes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DodgyG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo:

Supposedly Motherwell made 4 subs. Throw them out tbh icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Bit of a **** up by the 4th official there... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of a **** up by the manager too icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Motherwell should be relegated, docked 10pts next season and made to play all their home games at Hamilton Accies for the next 4 seasons tbh. icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you letting them move to a better ground? icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Motherwell should be relegated, docked 10pts next season and made to play all their home games at Hamilton Accies for the next 4 seasons tbh. icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you letting them move to a better ground? icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still better than Tynecastle tbh

Frank JJ. Celtic's derisory bid (and there is no denying it was) done nothing but unsettle the player and IIRC he handed in a transfer request. That is no doubt going to affect his playing ability. The OF moan that there is not enough competition, they are hardly helping matters are they?

Similar situation with Murray except he is available on a bosman. I'd like nothing better than for Murray to sign a new deal and just come out and say that there is no way in hell he'd every play for either of the old firm because as a youngster he must surely have grown up hating them with as much passion as the majority of Hibs/Hearts fans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Frank JJ. Celtic's derisory bid (and there is no denying it was) done nothing but unsettle the player and IIRC he handed in a transfer request. That is no doubt going to affect his playing ability. The OF moan that there is not enough competition, they are hardly helping matters are they?

Similar situation with Murray except he is available on a bosman. I'd like nothing better than for Murray to sign a new deal and just come out and say that there is no way in hell he'd every play for either of the old firm because as a youngster he must surely have grown up hating them with as much passion as the majority of Hibs/Hearts fans. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Derisory for a player who isn't, yet, a full international? Your opinion, i wouldn't agree.

In any case it was Hearts who encouraged the bid in the first place, whether it was Robinson or not hardly matters, but Hearts contacted Celtic wanting players on loan and the move for Hartley was discussed then. After all, a few days before players were heading out of Tynecastle quicker than hairdressers at the end of the festival.

In consolation though, although we will disagree on the merits of the Hartley saga, Tynecastle is still far better than Fir Park. icon14.gif

Fir Park has the worst slope ever.

Did like the Elvis boy though icon_frown.gif

I think offering whatever pittance it was for the SPL's 3rd best team (of the last 3 years icon_wink.gif) best player is a derisory bid.

If Real Madrid offered 20k for Petrov he would want to go wouldn't he? This would unsettle him and you would be raging.

Actually the biggest culprit is whoever let this bid become public well him and Celtic.

I cant fathom how Celtic are to blame for doing what every club does, including Hearts. icon_confused.gif

Anyway, I see it's been confirmed that Romanov has purchased Robinsons shares although he stays temporarily as "an advisor." BBC website and the Stock Exchange has more details.

This is a bit different.

Hibernian Launch NEW Directory Enquiry Service

Hibernian have teamed up with Ethcom, a communications company, to offer a new and revolutionary 118 directory enquiry service.

The new directory enquiry service is the first of it’s kind in Scottish Football. Operated by Ethcom’s 118 Donate service, over a fifth of each call will profit Hibernian’s Youth Academy.

The new Hibernian FC directory enquiry service provides business and residential number listings - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Designed around Hibernian Football Club’s founding date – 1875, you can now dial 118751 when in search of a local or national telephone number with every call benefiting the Club directly.

Alice Simpson, Managing Director of Ethcom added: “Hibernian supporters may already be using a 118 Directory Enquiries number, however by using 118751 they are generating funds for their team at no extra cost.â€

In the UK, calls to Hibernian directory enquiry service cost just 40p (excluding VAT) with no hidden charges. *Call charges from a mobile may very depending on individual network operator charges.

Archived