Sports Interactive Community
tomnicklin

All my Goalkeepers have been injured at the same time cant I make an emergency transfer?

forget this post, tried a game with a defender in goal, aftr 5 mins 2 of my players had been sent off and 1 injured, so I give up with that save its cursed.

As far as I know you can sign a keeperoutside of the transfer window as long as he isn't currently contracted to a club, you can use the player search filters and usually find loads of unemployed keepers, just don't expect to find a particularly good one.

To be fair, it is almost impossible to get even an average back up keeper on an emergency loan in game though. I was spurs and had injuries to lloris, friedel & gomes. I offered to loan third choice keepers from premier league & championship clubs, such as lee camp, Richard wright & an Algerian at N Forest, all 3 were rejected despite not yet making an appearance for their clubs all year! Has anyone successfully managed to sign an emergency keeper outside the window?

Yes it's possible as it's also possible in the real world.

Just saw an AI team do it in my game whilst the transfer window is closed. Wasn't a free player either.