Australia hosting a World Cup?

Been playing football Manager/Championship Managers since 1998 and I don't think I have ever seen Australia host a World Cup in all the many years long term games i have had.

Is it possible? and has anyone had Australia or any other unusual Country to host a World Cup in there long term games in FM14 or any other version of Football Manager?

It's done through continents. Or has been for the past few anyway. I think they're looking at changing or will do soon enough.

South Korea/Japan - Asia(2002)

Germany - Europe(2006)

South Africa - Africa(2010)

Brazil - South America(2014)

Russia - Europe(2018)

Qatar - Asia(2022)

Columbia/Mexico/Canada are aiming to host the 2026 World Cup

2030 it appears it's going to be between some Asian nations and Uruguay/Argentina combined bid.

This is taken from wiki.

After World War II, to avoid any future boycotts or controversy, FIFA began a pattern of alternation between the Americas and Europe, which continued until the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

Consequently, FIFA decided to rotate the hosting of the final tournaments between its constituent confederations until the selection of the host for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in 2007, when they announced that they will no longer continue with their continental rotation policy

It's done through continents. Or has been for the past few anyway. I think they're looking at changing or will do soon enough.

South Korea/Japan - Asia(2002)

Germany - Europe(2006)

South Africa - Africa(2010)

Brazil - South America(2014)

Russia - Europe(2018)

Qatar - Asia(2022)

Columbia/Mexico/Canada are aiming to host the 2026 World Cup

2030 it appears it's going to be between some Asian nations and Uruguay/Argentina combined bid.

This is taken from wiki.

After World War II, to avoid any future boycotts or controversy, FIFA began a pattern of alternation between the Americas and Europe, which continued until the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

Consequently, FIFA decided to rotate the hosting of the final tournaments between its constituent confederations until the selection of the host for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in 2007, when they announced that they will no longer continue with their continental rotation policy

In FM I'm pretty sure it rotates through the same repeating pattern of nations. Doesn't seem to be any kind of deviation from that, despite real life. You don't see any unusual nations hosting, put it that way. Any new hosts are understandable in terms of high big the country is.

My save from FM13 had the following for the World Cup - no records before 2046 I'm afraid.

World Cup
|----------------------------------------------------------|
| Year | Winner      | Runner-up | 3rd       | Host        |
|----------------------------------------------------------|
| 2086 | Germany     | Spain     | England   | Mexico      |
| 2082 | France      | Spain     | Brazil    | Australia   |
| 2078 | England     | Holland   | France    | Germany     |
| 2074 | England     | Germany   | Spain     | Morocco     |
| 2070 | France      | Italy     | England   | Canada      |
| 2066 | Denmark     | Portugal  | Germany   | Spain       |
| 2062 | Spain       | Mexico    | Italy     | Qatar       |
| 2058 | France      | Italy     | Spain     | Brazil      |