Football Manager Handheld 2014 Official Feedback Thread

• SI Staff

On of the reasons we haven't put filters in yet is past experience with people forgetting they have them enabled and then complaining that players have vanished, if we add them then it might be 'tablet' only as there is probably space on them to put an indication of what is hidden.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is by far the best edition of FMH so far. Huge improvement since 2012. The only extra feature I would like to see is live draws for cups and competitions . I believe that it is not hard to be implemented . Some bugs will be fixed with future updates and will make the game perfect

Agree with this live draws especially in europe would be amazing...

On of the reasons we haven't put filters in yet is past experience with people forgetting they have them enabled and then complaining that players have vanished, if we add them then it might be 'tablet' only as there is probably space on them to put an indication of what is hidden.

Yep, whenever I've used the attribute filter on player search I keep forgetting it's switched on and wonder why the player selection is so limited in later searches.

3 comments on loans which may have been covered here somewhere in the forum :)

1 - it doesn't seem as if you can negotiate a loan offer for one of your players in the same way that you could negotiate a transfer

e.g. Negotiating the % of salary to be paid or the need for a recall clause.

2 - adding a an option to prevent your player from being cup-tied whilst out on loan would be great - I regularly loan out my 3rd choice keeper but had to recall him when on the eve of a cup game the 2nd choice keeper was injured ... Then find out the guy I recalled was cup-tied :(

3 - still yet to see any overseas loan offers for any of my players.

We're aware of this, unfortunately it's currently not supported - we have a request in to do so at some point.

Ah ok. good to know its known of.

Reading my post back it kind of makes out like I implied you didnt know the rule. I can only apologise, I was in a rush when writing it out, Im sorry.

Ventured into the world of FMH14 for my first Sigames experience since FM 2006 (great game). Having read that the series is in some way based on CM 01-02 (great game), my expectations were high and, perhaps in hindsight, a little unrealistic.

Overall the game seems pretty fun so far, but I was surprised by a few noteworthy omissions:

-Can't arrange our own friendlies

-Can't select squad or match-day shirt numbers

-Can't see bank balance or any financial detail at all

-Can't change players' squad statuses

-Can't negotiate bonuses

-Can't draw those run arrow thingys in tactics screen (or can you?)

-Would be cool to have even a limited list of individual player instructions in tactics (e.g. shoot from long range, try through balls, run with ball, man mark)

-Can't employ any backroom staff

-Can't create and save additional/custom training schedules

-Sub appearances are not distinguished from starts, e.g. "Played 11(5), Goals 6"

I appreciate that the memory constraints of many handheld devices probably make most of the above impossible right now, but they are significant in my memory of my past CM/FM experiences and I do think there are one or two in there that I might be forgiven for expecting :)

One more significant issue I have is with the 2D match screen, which reminded me a little of CM4 in terms of its general behaviour and stability. I'm not sure of the version in which 2D view was introduced to FMH, but I thought it was a little shabby/jumpy/glitchy;

-seems pretty random with which highlights it chooses to show, sometimes we see inconsequential half chances, yet read in the match commentary of great saves by the keeper that aren't shown

-not all goals seem to flash 'Goal for [Team Name]' in the text commentary

Also, in UI preferences, 'Inactive Area Display Style' always defaults back to 'Darken' each time I return to the app having closed it previously, and the social networking preference always defaults to 'Facebook & Twitter' forgetting that I previously disabled this option.

Also a couple of graphical issues that one or two people have mentioned in relation to things not quite fitting on screen, which I guess varies from device to device (I'm on iPad mini).

Looking forward to version 5.0.3 on iOS, and hope that I will be able to continue my saved game on 5.0.3 with little hiccup.

It is still a very good game for £6.99. From what I have written I guess I should just try FM Classic instead, not much time for that though!!

Hey.

The game looks great.

I can see that on Apple devices you make backups of save games, so its possible to play on multiple devices. This feature is awesome, but sadly this isn't part of the Android version. I know the Apple version uses iCloud, but couldn't Google Drive or Google Play thing (Google's version of GameCenter) be used for a similar feature on android devices?

This feature would make the game a million times more interesting - at least for me :)

• SI Staff
Hey.

The game looks great.

I can see that on Apple devices you make backups of save games, so its possible to play on multiple devices. This feature is awesome, but sadly this isn't part of the Android version. I know the Apple version uses iCloud, but couldn't Google Drive or Google Play thing (Google's version of GameCenter) be used for a similar feature on android devices?

This feature would make the game a million times more interesting - at least for me :)

The Google Play cloud function sadly can't take file sizes anywhere near those of our save games. We're weighing up the situation with Google Drive in the long run, unfortunately that is something which would be far more complex to implement so I wouldn't anticipate it being included in the near future I'm afraid.

You could use Dropbox maybe for now? It's not something we've tried but I imagine it should work.

Sorting players by ability or potential ability works fine in the Club Squad screen, but it's always a bit messed up in the player search and shortlist screens. i.e. it does sort them for the most part, but there is always some 3 star players in amongst the 4 star players and the odd 4.5 star player lower down with the 3 star players.

It's just a bit annoying as you shouldn't have to look through all of the pages to find the best players (that you have scout reports for).

Speaking of stars, weren't the players rated out of 6 stars last year?

The Google Play cloud function sadly can't take file sizes anywhere near those of our save games. We're weighing up the situation with Google Drive in the long run, unfortunately that is something which would be far more complex to implement so I wouldn't anticipate it being included in the near future I'm afraid.

You could use Dropbox maybe for now? It's not something we've tried but I imagine it should work.

To bad, Google made is sound so easy to implement :)

- Every know and then, just two players seem to be moving (one of them running with the ball, the other one being a defender). The other players/"dots" don't move at all, this usually goes on for a few seconds. What's happening?

- Once I saw a GK rushing out of the box to tackle/intercept a player, and the referee called a penalty?! Outside the box?!

- A throw-in from right next to the corner flag, the throw went back to the mid-circle (!) and then followed a looong pass back to the penalty area?

I guess these are simply errors in the visual presentation, but it sure looks odd. I've switched to text only, hopefully you will get this sorted eventually.

- Every know and then, just two players seem to be moving (one of them running with the ball, the other one being a defender). The other players/"dots" don't move at all, this usually goes on for a few seconds. What's happening?

- Once I saw a GK rushing out of the box to tackle/intercept a player, and the referee called a penalty?! Outside the box?!

- A throw-in from right next to the corner flag, the throw went back to the mid-circle (!) and then followed a looong pass back to the penalty area?

I guess these are simply errors in the visual presentation, but it sure looks odd. I've switched to text only, hopefully you will get this sorted eventually.

Just to add to this small list, I've seen a player who is through on goal, or even has an open goal, and then passes it back to a player who shoots from about 35 yards or more.

Not sure if they're just on my game but here are a few things, maybe bugs, I've noticed:

1) I think there might be something wrong regarding Edgar Davids on my game. I'm in 2023 now and he's still in charge of Barnet despite being linked to most of the jobs I am. Barnet are in League 1 like me and he must have been offered loads of jobs but hasn't taken them. Seeing as managers seem to change clubs a lot on the game, it seems a bit strange. Is Edgar just a very loyal manager or has something gone wrong?

2) I loaned my third choice keeper to Burton who were in the same league as me and obviously loan players can't play against their parent club. When I played them, I noticed in the 'player ratings' screen in game that their keeper got a 9 rating but had no name. I then checked their squad and noticed they had no other goalkeeper apart from the one on loan from me. It just seemed weird and was annoying as the mysterious keeper had a great game!

3) Is there something wrong with work permits? I can't remember the exact players in question but I tried to sign a Venezuelan player who was a free agent. He had no international caps so I didn't expect him to get a permit. However, another club in my league (League 1) then signed a Venezuelan who had no caps and he got a permit. The difference was he joined from another club and wasn't a free agent - does this impact on the decision?

Also, what are the rules exactly? I believe it's regarding the percentage of his country's games he has played in during the last two years? I'm trying to sign another Venezuelan (they're good!) who has 8 caps so he should surely be close to qualifying?

4) Has anybody had problems with their goalkeepers? Can't seem to stop mine from getting terrible ratings and it's really costing me. I've got a 19-year-old keeper and he had an average rating of 7.21 last season but he's doing terribly the next season, averaging just 6.45 and we're conceding a stupid amount of goals. When I've used my sub keeper in cup games, he's done the same and both keepers have great ratings for the league I'm in (League 1). Even when I'm conceding three or four, every player is getting 7+ ratings apart from my keeper, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

• SI Staff
1) I think there might be something wrong regarding Edgar Davids on my game. I'm in 2023 now and he's still in charge of Barnet despite being linked to most of the jobs I am. Barnet are in League 1 like me and he must have been offered loads of jobs but hasn't taken them. Seeing as managers seem to change clubs a lot on the game, it seems a bit strange. Is Edgar just a very loyal manager or has something gone wrong?

I think he has very high loyalty - but I'd have to check the database.

2) I loaned my third choice keeper to Burton who were in the same league as me and obviously loan players can't play against their parent club. When I played them, I noticed in the 'player ratings' screen in game that their keeper got a 9 rating but had no name. I then checked their squad and noticed they had no other goalkeeper apart from the one on loan from me. It just seemed weird and was annoying as the mysterious keeper had a great game!

If you look on the 'match reviews' after a match then the virtual players will be shown as 'blank' because they're not stored currently (this is something I hope to add for an update) - its not a bug, more a restriction at present to do with how the stats are stored.

3) Is there something wrong with work permits? I can't remember the exact players in question but I tried to sign a Venezuelan player who was a free agent. He had no international caps so I didn't expect him to get a permit. However, another club in my league (League 1) then signed a Venezuelan who had no caps and he got a permit. The difference was he joined from another club and wasn't a free agent - does this impact on the decision?

There are lots of things which can affect such decisions - including luck and the current club a player is at, if a player is within a 'compatible country' for instance then he's more likely to get a permit than if he's still at his home country (this is similar to real-life where if you get a job in England with a permit then moving to another job is easier than if you're starting from scratch applying for a permit etc.).

Also, what are the rules exactly? I believe it's regarding the percentage of his country's games he has played in during the last two years? I'm trying to sign another Venezuelan (they're good!) who has 8 caps so he should surely be close to qualifying?

The rule for 'forcing' an acceptance i think is over a percentage of the countries last 'x' matches (I think its 10, but I'd have to check the rules).

4) Has anybody had problems with their goalkeepers? Can't seem to stop mine from getting terrible ratings and it's really costing me. I've got a 19-year-old keeper and he had an average rating of 7.21 last season but he's doing terribly the next season, averaging just 6.45 and we're conceding a stupid amount of goals. When I've used my sub keeper in cup games, he's done the same and both keepers have great ratings for the league I'm in (League 1). Even when I'm conceding three or four, every player is getting 7+ ratings apart from my keeper, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Consistency is the winning factor for keepers and some of that comes with age - its no good having a keeper who is fantastic with 9 shots then is watching an attractive lass in the crowd when the 10th comes in ;)

(that's a slight exaggeration ... well for most keepers ;) )

Have a look at his the other player's "Personal" page, you might find he has a European second nationality. That means he can get a passport from that country and doesn't need a work permit.

I'm in League 1 and my central defence pairing is an Agentinian (with Welsh blood) and a Chilean (with Italian blood). Both are regens, and are pretty excellent for this level. I got them both free.

Have a look at his the other player's "Personal" page, you might find he has a European second nationality. That means he can get a passport from that country and doesn't need a work permit.

I'm in League 1 and my central defence pairing is an Agentinian (with Welsh blood) and a Chilean (with Italian blood). Both are regens, and are pretty excellent for this level. I got them both free.

Ah yes, I forgot about second nationalities, thanks for that. I'm also in League 1 and my side looks like the United Nations! Dutch keeper, back four of a Jamaican, Englishman, Venezuelan and a Dominican. Midfield consists of a Ghanaian, an Argentinian, a Romanian and a Portuguese. Up front I have a Belgian and a Spaniard!

Those bosman free transfers have come in quite handy!

The game was working fine, my brain was not...a few other applications were actually the cause of the drain on the battery, I have played 40mn this morning and it was fine. You were right and I was wrong ;-)

Thanks,

Out of interest what were the other apps that were causing the battery to drain?

Don't know it it has been mentioned before, but i can't see the previous winners of any competition, anyone with the same problem?

This is what i see:

7b15.png

d626.png

This happens in all the competitions.

I've noticed this too but only for international competitions. You have to wait at the end of the season for the club screen to update and the international screen seems to take over a year to update for some reason and not at the end of the season.

Ventured into the world of FMH14 for my first Sigames experience since FM 2006 (great game). Having read that the series is in some way based on CM 01-02 (great game), my expectations were high and, perhaps in hindsight, a little unrealistic.

Overall the game seems pretty fun so far, but I was surprised by a few noteworthy omissions:

-Can't arrange our own friendlies

-Can't select squad or match-day shirt numbers

-Can't see bank balance or any financial detail at all

-Can't change players' squad statuses

-Can't negotiate bonuses

-Can't draw those run arrow thingys in tactics screen (or can you?)

-Would be cool to have even a limited list of individual player instructions in tactics (e.g. shoot from long range, try through balls, run with ball, man mark)

-Can't employ any backroom staff

-Can't create and save additional/custom training schedules

-Sub appearances are not distinguished from starts, e.g. "Played 11(5), Goals 6"

I appreciate that the memory constraints of many handheld devices probably make most of the above impossible right now, but they are significant in my memory of my past CM/FM experiences and I do think there are one or two in there that I might be forgiven for expecting :)

One more significant issue I have is with the 2D match screen, which reminded me a little of CM4 in terms of its general behaviour and stability. I'm not sure of the version in which 2D view was introduced to FMH, but I thought it was a little shabby/jumpy/glitchy;

-seems pretty random with which highlights it chooses to show, sometimes we see inconsequential half chances, yet read in the match commentary of great saves by the keeper that aren't shown

-not all goals seem to flash 'Goal for [Team Name]' in the text commentary

On a few of yours points:

- The friendlies I mentioned earlier in the thread; especially annoying if pre-season ones are cancelled and it's not possible sort out a replacement!

- I think financials are visible in a couple of places; it's definitely available in discussion with the board where it's possible to re-balance the transfer versus wages budget;

- If you mean setting them to reserves then it is possible but selecting the player and then action iirc;

- I wish we could set runs too;

- I wish we could set player instructions too.

@Alari: Is there a changelog somewhere for the updates?

• SI Staff
On a few of yours points:

@Alari: Is there a changelog somewhere for the updates?

The updates so far are mainly fixes for urgent issues and are minor enough in scope that they don't really require a changelist. Main fix in 5.0.4 was for an extremely rare progression-blocking crash.

I really love the game but here some things I dislike or I would like to see in the updates :

-First I would like a pop up added which ask a confirmation when we remove a player from the National Team.

Indeed, I had a problem few times : I wanted to come to the previous page when I was on a player's profile but the button is quite small so I clicked on the button to remove him from the national team which is really annoying when you remove Benzema during the World Cup as France's manager...

-Then it would be so great to add may be three or four nations which have enough players. For instance maybe Chile or Colombia in South America, Poland, Sweden, Greece or Ukraine in Europe etc :) I love playing as nation's manager so I'd love to discover new teams :D Would it could be possible?

-Then I think there should be more matches by year when we are the manager of a nation who will be the host of a comp. For instance, I am at the head of France, and in 2014-2015 before European Championship, I only have 3 matchs! :( (1 on August, Nov, Feb), I think there should be more in Sept, October and March vs non european teams since european teams have already matches.

• SI Staff

Hah, I like that. :D Are you doing the Saviour Cometh challenge by any chance? I think there possibly needs to be an alternate string depending on the scoreline for that one.

I really love the game but here some things I dislike or I would like to see in the updates :

-First I would like a pop up added which ask a confirmation when we remove a player from the National Team.

Indeed, I had a problem few times : I wanted to come to the previous page when I was on a player's profile but the button is quite small so I clicked on the button to remove him from the national team which is really annoying when you remove Benzema during the World Cup as France's manager...

-Then it would be so great to add may be three or four nations which have enough players. For instance maybe Chile or Colombia in South America, Poland, Sweden, Greece or Ukraine in Europe etc :) I love playing as nation's manager so I'd love to discover new teams :D Would it could be possible?

-Then I think there should be more matches by year when we are the manager of a nation who will be the host of a comp. For instance, I am at the head of France, and in 2014-2015 before European Championship, I only have 3 matchs! :( (1 on August, Nov, Feb), I think there should be more in Sept, October and March vs non european teams since european teams have already matches.

1) I think the idea's nice, although it could get annoying if you had to confirm it each time. Think the bigger issue here is that you shouldn't really be able to remove a player during an international tournament.

2) The only way we handle which national teams are considered playable is if the loaded database has a big enough talent pool to make playing as that country feasible. I know you don't have access to multi-league/large DB on your device - but that sort of helps increase the teams available in that regard. But try changing up which league you load, and you'll see some different national teams become playable.

3) Interesting, sounds like the only fixtures that you get are when it is a round of "friendly" fixtures for all teams. Probably struggles to find teams who aren't currently occupied in qualifying games of their own. Something we could look to improve somewhere down the line, but fixture scheduling isn't easy unfortunately.

Cheers for the feedback. :thup:

Hah, I like that. :D Are you doing the Saviour Cometh challenge by any chance? I think there possibly needs to be an alternate string depending on the scoreline for that one.

Yes, I did the Saviour Cometh challenge.

Another (minor) issue: I bought a back-up goalie for Linfield in Northern Ireland. You can imagine he's hardly anything special, and my assistant is keen to point that out ("fringe player, should be allowed to leave"). My 1st choice keeper is "a key player who should be retained at all costs". Yet, if I let my assistant pick the team (and I usually do, I'm lazy and the screen on my phone is too small anyway), he always picks the back-up goalie. Why is that? The 2nd choice GK is awful and the assistant knows it!

When you get a scout report in your email inbox, you are told if the player is unlikely to get a work permit.

It would be great if this information was also on the Scout Report page for the player, so it is difficult to remember which players may or may not qualify, and it shouldn't be nessesary to scout them again to find out (although I understand the situation could change, if for example, the player has played/missed internationals since).

Also, the Transfer History page shows pending transfers - this page has a little room to include additional information such as when the transfer is going to go through, and what fee was agreed (for previous transfers as well of course) without having to check each individual player's Contract page.

Just to let everybody know the game is now available on Amazon store (for Kindle Fire devices)! Here's the link: http://bit.ly/FMH14Amazon

awesome, thank you, this news totally made my day! i can't wait to download it tonight. it's been hard watching everyone talk about fmh14 without being able to check it out myself. cheers, guys. thanks for all of your hard work.

A small but helpful improvement:

on the game overview screen (during a match) u can see who scored but not who assisted (u have to change to the stats menu), would be nice to see who assisted in the game overview as well (in brackets or so)

• SI Staff
Amazon USA says not compatible with my Kindle HDX, any liklehood of it being in future? Thanks.

Its likely that the game will be compatible with the Kindle HDX in the future (probably within the next couple of updates) - I've just managed to acquire one here (lovely device btw) and we need to fully verify its working sensibly before we release upon it.

A small but helpful improvement:

on the game overview screen (during a match) u can see who scored but not who assisted (u have to change to the stats menu), would be nice to see who assisted in the game overview as well (in brackets or so)

I was going to suggest this also, who assisted and what kind of goal was it (i.e. Header? Distance?). There is a lot of spare space on this screen that could be used to give a better overview of the match, without making it too cluttered.

I think yellow cards, substitutions and "x hit post/crossbar" could also be included. I am thinking a lot of the kind of information included on the "Match Events" screen of apps like Live Score Addicts, which give notifications/updates on real life games.

I tried to add this picture here, but the forum says invalid url: http://www.google.dk/imgres?sa=X&espv=210&es_sm=93&biw=1920&bih=1098&tbm=isch&tbnid=MwYWb1Jiri7YJM:&imgrefurl=http://www.148apps.com/app/500138120&docid=Vq7cpd7LURAE0M&imgurl=http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/eb/c9/d4/ebc9d4f2-3ea0-1f96-4371-57ee398bf029/screen1136x1136.jpeg&w=640&h=1136&ei=TZ6hUoH8H6PkywP5w4CoDA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:90,s:0,i:360&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=201&tbnw=122&start=43&ndsp=57&tx=49&ty=110

It's a nice little feature that when you defeat an opponent from a higher league in a cup, you get a little bonus transfer money from the board, but it would be nice if you also got a bonus from simply reaching the mid/later stages of a cup (depending on club size) regardless of who you beat along the way.

Also, when you play against (not just beat) a significatnly larger team at home in a cup. This is a huge money spinner for smaller clubs, particularly if the game is televised. I am thinking of, for example, when a non-league team reaches the FA Cup third round (which is in January, while the transfer window is open), they normally hope for a huge team (United, Chelsea, etc.) at home, as this will generate the most money for the club, even though they are almost certain to lose.

Such a draw should also have a huge positive impact on the player's morale, since they will get to meet some of their heroes, even though they are almost certain to lose. A loss in such a match should also have little or no negative effect on morale.

EDIT: As an example, when I was in League Two or One, I was drawn Away against Cardiff (still a Premier League team) in the FA cup, and did very well to get a draw. I thought this might get me some extra transfer money as it meant a money-spinning home tie against a Premier League club, but it didn't.

• SI Staff

The game takes into account already whether a match is completely hopeless for a club when working out effects on morale, reputation, player development etc. If you're a lower league team and go on a cup run it will help finances a bit behind the scenes as well.

The game takes into account already whether a match is completely hopeless for a club when working out effects on morale, reputation, player development etc. If you're a lower league team and go on a cup run it will help finances a bit behind the scenes as well.

Ok cool.

As for "finances behind the scenes", is it true that your budgets are "reset" (i.e. you lose any excess) at the end of a season? That is how it has felt in previous versions, but this season it feels better, i.e. you get a larger wage budget next season if you finish this season with a lot of transfer budget (e.g. from selling a player on the last day of the January window).

1) I think the idea's nice, although it could get annoying if you had to confirm it each time. Think the bigger issue here is that you shouldn't really be able to remove a player during an international tournament.

2) The only way we handle which national teams are considered playable is if the loaded database has a big enough talent pool to make playing as that country feasible. I know you don't have access to multi-league/large DB on your device - but that sort of helps increase the teams available in that regard. But try changing up which league you load, and you'll see some different national teams become playable.

3) Interesting, sounds like the only fixtures that you get are when it is a round of "friendly" fixtures for all teams. Probably struggles to find teams who aren't currently occupied in qualifying games of their own. Something we could look to improve somewhere down the line, but fixture scheduling isn't easy unfortunately.

Cheers for the feedback. :thup:

1) Yes you are right, it is better!

2) I know, I know, I have even made something about it : http://fmhxooit.xooit.fr/t1536-Nations-jouables-Android.htm

Nevertheless I think some countries have enough players to build a team :)

3) Yes I understand that it is not easy, but I think there are some countries available for a match : African-North American-Oceanian qualifying games are not playable in the games so we can guess these teams should be available.

:)

First I want to say that i really like the game and all the new features like the improved interface etc. One thing that really is annoying me is that I have to stretch out the screen to get full screen on my nexus 5. This means that instead of a real sharp HD game, I get an ugly graphic view witch is really bad. When I play games like Fifa 14 or Real Racing 3 the games are just very sharp and I don’t have to stretch out the screen. Can it just be fixed with an update or is it my fault that I cannot get a sharp HD view? Sorry for my bad English but I live in the Netherlands so that explains a lot:)!

• SI Staff
First I want to say that i really like the game and all the new features like the improved interface etc. One thing that really is annoying me is that I have to stretch out the screen to get full screen on my nexus 5. This means that instead of a real sharp HD game, I get an ugly graphic view witch is really bad. When I play games like Fifa 14 or Real Racing 3 the games are just very sharp and I don’t have to stretch out the screen. Can it just be fixed with an update or is it my fault that I cannot get a sharp HD view? Sorry for my bad English but I live in the Netherlands so that explains a lot:)!

There isn't a true 1080p HD skin supported at the moment. However, as a lot of mainstream devices are starting to offer that resolution now (and as a fellow Nexus 5 owner, myself :) ) it is something we'd like to do at some stage.

Two suggestions:

1) I want to be able to cancel friendlies. When playing as a small team in a minor league, playing summer friendlies in between Euro qualifiers makes my players tired and reduces my chances of progressing in the European cups.

2) I want to be able to clear scout searches. My scout found 177 players in a UK & Ireland search. When I sent him to Southern Europe, the list was cluttered with all his previous findings. I don't want them there, I'll either sign anyone interesting or put them on my short list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi all!

Update 5.1.1 - the first full update - is out for iOS and Android devices via the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store.

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/football-manager-handheld-2014/id599937501?mt=8

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sigames.fmh2014

The update will be available on Amazon at a later date as yet to be determined.

If you have any issues or questions regarding the game, please take the time to read our FAQs:

iOS FAQ: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=39

Android FAQ: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=40

Changelist here:

Added more coach report strings for youngsters

Displayed help pages only after menus are shown

Fixed non-English language form display in comps

Tweaked iPhone5 alignment

Fixed dragging bottom player on squad in some situations

Prevented nationally retired player being called up

Tweaked contract negotiations

Fixed various transfer auction issues

Fixed two instances of stalled transfers

Fixed Spain manager being sacked for no reason

Tweaked loan interest

Made AI managers more likely to give youth a chance

Fixed rare crash on Player Availability screen

Fixed rare transfer crash when continuing

Made Live League Table remember scrollbar position

Fixed Live League Table goal difference text colour

Fixed loan players not being properly released in My Club mode

Tweaked Match Performance in various ways

Tweaked Player Happiness in various ways

Fixed issue playing some challenges in Rep Ireland

Fixed missing "Winners" text on Home screen competition panel

Made various UI tweaks and improvements

Fixed copy protection false positive instance

Improved Android installer significantly

Implemented colour blind mode

Tweaked EvoGen system heavily

Tweaked MyClub striker generation

Fixed WVGA Competition History not displaying correctly

Various other minor fixes and improvements

I think I asked this before in the 2014 suggestions thread, but any chance of adding the ability to skip a highlight while it is playing out? All too often the outcome is clear from the first two seconds and if, for example, I know that my team is going to score but the goal's going to be ruled out for offside, I'd rather just skip the highlight instead of sitting through it for several seconds.

dudefan - I haven't noticed that may goals from corners, probably only one every few games.

I think I asked this before in the 2014 suggestions thread, but any chance of adding the ability to skip a highlight while it is playing out? All too often the outcome is clear from the first two seconds and if, for example, I know that my team is going to score but the goal's going to be ruled out for offside, I'd rather just skip the highlight instead of sitting through it for several seconds.

dudefan - I haven't noticed that may goals from corners, probably only one every few games.

It would be great if, on the Match Overview screen, next to each goal scored, it said (corner) or (free kick) or something, to let you know how each goal was scored.

Then you could look back through the last few games and see if there are patterns, if most of the goals you score/concede are of a certain type.

There is plenty of space on the Match Overview screen to add a little more information about the game.

Archived