Around the World and Making a Bundle challenge.

Around the World and Making a Bundle Challenge

Welcome. This challenge was something I developed for myself to freshen up the game. I always played with one team and stayed super loyal. Here, you will change clubs often and aim to make as high a salary as possible. I am writing it up here because I am finding it quite fun, and others may too.

Fundamentals

- You must only spend one full season at any club.

- You must always only accept jobs that will pay you more than your previous job.

- You must move to a new, adjacent (or close to) country with each new job, in a sense moving east or west (or zigzagging) around the planet.

The game ends when

- You have completed a revolution of the planet. Started in England and now back in England.

- You have spent a whole season unemployed, unable to find a club willing to pay you more.

How to

- Start a job at a club. Auto-reputation. I strongly recommend a lowly club. Do not choose a club which will give you a massive wage first up. (ie. I chose the Australian league). Choose a club you don't like, you will leave at the end of season one.

- Decide straight away which way you want to go around the world and add the leagues early since they don't initiate until the next full season. I started in Australia, and then added Korea, china, Malaysia. I would head West (and north initially since there are no leagues in the Indian ocean). If you start in England, you may choose to go East, adding France, Holland and Belgium.

- Play your season, do the best you can.

- Resign, go on holiday, auto apply for jobs in your new countries, accept the first offer that pays you more than your last job (not equal). Of course you can negotiate a wage that is higher. Remove irrelevant country leagues and add new ones straight away in the right direction on the globe.

- If you join a club mid season, that doesn't count to your one season per club. Its the next full season that counts. ie. If I join, Man U in December 2020, I won't have to resign until June, 2022. So, you always get a preseason and one full season.

Why is it so fun

- You have to win cups and leagues in a short time at a club to increase your reputation to get the next pay packet. The pressure mounts to succeed. It gets progressively harder.

- Youth dev. takes a back seat. Player signings are more here and now, instant results.

- And you find new leagues to play in and learn to hate their stupid rules.

Let me know how you go. :D

Current state of Play.

Started in Australia - Sydney FC.

Moved to Korea - Deagu.

Moved to Ukraine - Dnipro (Ukraine cup)

Moved to Russia (northish) - Terek EU9000pw - promoted to Russian Premier division. Played full season for Terek.

Germany Second division, Nurnberg. One full season, second place. 12k Euro per week, promoted to Bundesliga and resigned.

Spain Liga BBVA - Levante, 25k Euro per week.

Trophies

Ukranian Cup

Current Salary

25000 EU p/w

Around the world

About 1/2

Archived