Sports Interactive Community
oescus

FM '14 and Windows 8.1 ...?

I am currently running FM '14 very well using Windows 8. I am being asked to upgrade free to Windows 8.1 by Microsoft. I seem to remember reading somewhere within these forums that FM '14 has problems running when using Windows 8.1. However, I have not seen anything about it after doing searches. Can anyone assist, please.

If there is, I don't know what they were talking about. No problems running it for me, 8.1 doesn't change to much behind the scenes that would affect game stability. It was more about microsoft saying "hey we are going to listen to 10% of what you have been complaining to us about". But lets leave the windows 8 jive talking out of this haha. So yes back to my point, there is no problems running it mate, go ahead and upgrade, obviously make sure you have all the correct hardware drivers.

Yeah, running it on Windows 8.1 myself. Something isn't quite right since the upgrade (drive light constantly thrashing, stuttering video when streaming), but FM14 seems to run quite happily. Luckily.

I went to 8.1 and game ran fine it was just other stuff I had problems with so reverted back to 8. Windows 8 is by far the best windows since xp

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. I agree with Grimandi, I don't really like Windows 8 and all those wretched apps. I just go to the desktop and run it like I used to run Windows 7. There again though, I am not pc literate, so maybe that has something to do with it.

FM runs perfect on Windows 8.1 for me too. I remember that a few people had problems with screen colour or something but this was sorted by updating graphics card driver.

I never had any such problems and FM ran perfect from the off.

If you're getting constant drive activity on Windows 8.1 check your services page and turn OFF and DISABLE Windows Search. Only fair to warn you though as Windows 8 does have a mind of it's own and does what IT wants and not what YOU tell it to do so you may find that Windows Search has mysteriously turned back on or sometimes not when re-booting,so worth checking if your drive appears over-active again. FM14 will run more smoothly with Search turned off,besides which you don't need it Microsoft do to spy on you !

I am running windows 8. 1 just fine no worries with FM 2014

You can try add start button to windows 8. Get back your start menu. which I use ,. its just like having windows 7 back ..

try this guild http://youtu.be/37ewbjl9BeE

My game was running fine with 8.0,no problems at all,then updated to 8.1,then my 3D match engine changed from being fluid/smooth to jerky/jittery,after much searching/posting on forum's/tweaking,i switched 'Graphics Quality' from 'Very High' to 'Medium' & my 3D match engine returned to being fluid/smooth,SI are aware of a few problems with Microsoft & FM & are looking into improvements.

It takes up to a couple hours to update from Windows 8 to 8.1 and from what my mum told me yesterday, next to nothing different between 8 and 8.1