Go for glory - Dortmund-inspired 5-2-3/5-4-1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Won the league with Liverpool with 80 points in the first season. Only bought Matuidi which was fortunate as Lucas loved a sending off with v1 of this tactic - vicious tackle missed 3 matches, first game back vicious tackle missed 5 matches! Now I knew we had a South American in the squad who loved a bit of controversy and a lengthy ban but I didn't think was the Brazilian! Switched to v2 and he didn't get any more red cards.

Won 9 games 1-0 but winning is winning and that can be sorted with better personnel.

Anyway I'm off to win the European cup.

Cheers Papamogl

Not tried this tactic, I was just reading the thread when I noticed this post and I have to agree with the Lucas Leiva thing. I ended up selling him after six red cards and that was before the end of the season. It's almost like a bug as his stats and ppm's give no suggestion that he's an absolute nut case. It's almost like a bug as no other players got that amount of cards when they had so much more potential for it, in the same position.

This tactic works a treat, at the start of my save I couldn't get the results or correct tactic, since using this... although I'm not where I want to be in the table it's given me another chance hopefully to perform better in the next season.

Just won me the double first season:

hvif.png

But I really like the fact that it gave me the highest pass completion rate in the whole league. And that despite the high tempo!

Lewandowski won the player of the year award (in front of Reus and Aubameyang, both also playing for Dortmund) and the top goalscorer award. He scored 28 goals in 32 games.

zknt.png

I've playted this tactic for a season now and can echo the posts saying it's saved my FM life, I'm Wolves in the CH season 3 and top of the league but 1 think I'm having a problem with is scoring goals and the strikers scoring rate in particular. Can anyone advise of the type of player I am looking for here ?

I've playted this tactic for a season now and can echo the posts saying it's saved my FM life

Thanks, glad to hear that.

As to the strikers: you need a deep lying forward, that's pretty important. Lewandowski is perfectly capable of that, so in my first season there was no problem for me. Now, at the start of the second, Lewandowski has left for Bayern Munich. Benteke may have been a good option, but he recently joined Chelsea and is not available anymore. So I'm starting a little experiment. I bought Axel Witsel as my deep lying forward! He has all the stats needed, and I hope he'll be comfortable in that position pretty soon. At least it started out well so far, first game - first goal :)

furlo2007 please report back when you played some more games.

chob, it would be tedious to list all the instructions. But if you send me a pm with your email-adress I can send you the tactic if you want.

Witsel is incredible, 7 goals in 6 games, and an average rating of 8,17 (!).

Not sure if this is some kind of 'Super-Tactic' as I'm currently Catania in Serie A in the first season and I'm 12 points clear at the top going into March. Fouls and cards are extreme, but when you consider my squad, this is somewhat of a crazy situation to find myself in.

Edit- Just to add, I have lost one game all season and that was in cup when I started my 2nd eleven.

Not sure if this is some kind of 'Super-Tactic'

If it was a diablo tactic, I guess there would be more people using it. Your achievements are stunning, though (and for me it works really well too).

For match preparation I usually choose defensive positioning, teamwork, or defending setpieces. Sometimes attacking movement and attacking setpieces too. But I don't have a systematic approach, I just choose what I see fit.

The training is handled by my assistant manager.

Taken the basis of your tactic, made some adjustments and am playing a 5-3-2 (with one of the three being an AM) and finally I am seeing my strikers score goals. So thank you very much!

I'm playing as Spurs and am in the very early stages of the 18/19 season. I had some pretty easy friendly games but still scored for fun in the pre-season (9-0 against Cork City, 8-1 against DC United, 6-1 against Cluj, 5-1 against New York. Boca was my hardest game and I won 3-0).

Three games in the league and won 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0 with the last two games being away from home. But just lost 3-1 in the Super Cup, but I did go down to 10 men at 2-1 down in the 47th minute.

My stuttering striker (last two seasons was P27 S10 & P19 C3) has scored 6 goals in 3 league games, with a brace in each match.

Absolutely thrilled, so thanks as if it wasn't for templating your original design I doubt I'd have been able to do it!

Started a game as dortmund as ive never managed in germany before. I won all my friendlys easily and beat bayern munich in the super cup. I only had time to play 2 league games but won them.The 2 standout players for me have been reus and lewandowski with this tactic.I can't wait to finish work so I can get back to fm. Loving the tactic so far.

so here is a SS of my fixture with basel, and as u can see, only 4 losses in the whole saison.... that was the craziest saison i've ever played! reached cl final, won the league without a loss, salah is the topscorer of the CL, even with an injury and the only new player i brought in was madlung as a free transfer.

but thats not all, atletico madrid won there league 8 points ahead of real and barca, bayern sacked guardiola and hired benitez and they only placed 4th behind dortmund(1.), schalke(2.lol) and hannover(3.LOL)

baself0o6s.jpg

this tactic is amazing and i love u for that! :p cheers

Just finished my 1st season with Dortmund using this tactic:

x) Won the league (29 W / 4 L / 1 D) - 91:30 - 88pts (22 pts ahead of Bayern Munich)

x) Won the German Cup

x) CL: Semi Final - Lost to Barca after a 2:1 victory at home. At Camp Nou they were awarded 2 penalties :p

Really nice and successful tactic! Thanks a lot for your good work and for sharing your tactic!

Cheers

P.S. Lewandowski scored... a lot... :brock: 39 goals in 46 games (overall) 28 goals in 27 games (League)

hello thanks for the tactic very good of you im with Liverpool in 10th march 2019 have had mixed results went through a bad patch and have picked up again ,having trouble finding wingbacks ,so need this season to finish and start looking ,what stats do you look for in wing backs ?

Started a new game with Dortmund with this tactic. No signings. In early December.

Top of the league by 3 points. P:14 W:10 D:1 L:3 F:29 A:13.

Playing some attractive attacking football, so pretty decent.

In a tough CL group (against Arsenal, Napoli and Marseille) we've P:5 W:3 D:1 L:1 F:5 A:2, qualifying for the knockout stages with a game to spare.

All in all looks a solid tactic. Had 3 red cards already though, seems a lot for 19 games?

Despite a good start, Lewandowski has now gone 11 games without scoring...

@ gazzahutch see post #71

@arafat the different passing settings are on purpose. I found that it gave me the best balance between a short passing game and attacking burst. Since I don't want my team to play careful possession based football (as Barca does), but attack very quickly, but with short passes (think Klopp's Dortmund or Favre's Gladbach) these were the settings that did that best for me.

Finished my first season with Dortmund using this tactic.

Won the league by 21 points. Most goals scored and fewest conceded:

pyd7.png

Lost in the quarter final of the DFB-Pokal v Wolfsburg. We were 2-0 up at home and cruising but slipped to a shocking 2-3 defeat after going down to 10 men in the second half...

Lost 3-1 v Chelsea in the Champions League final.

Great tactic. Many thanks.

Archived