FM14: West Bromwich Albion - Boinging into Europe!!

robwesty85

Started a game with WBA and just about to start Third season. Finished 8th and then 2nd last year. Just about to spurge my CL money. Really enjoying the game so far have managed to keep core players and supliment with quality youngsters. Surprised at how many people offloaded Sinclair have stuck with him and has been a constant goal threat. Managed to loan him for the second season and again for this season too.

• 4 weeks later...

note: this season review was done quickly so there maybe be grammatical errors.

Season 2016/17

This was a great season that built upon last season's champions league. I won the treble.....no not the "original" treble....but consisting of the League, European Super Cup and the Club World Cup. Not bad eh?

son from December....:/

quick note: I won the league before my save corrupted so I had to restart my sea

League

2euhq0y.png

zkfwav.png

Did not expect to win this at all, I was like two points behind City and Chelsea then I beat Chelsea 3-0 away which was a miracle and then I lose at Arsenal...so I was 5 points behind City with them having a game in hand. With 4 games left I had to play City away which in FM terms means a automatic loss. Somehow, just somehow, I win the match 2-1 courtesy of a penalty. But they had a game in hand and with one point behind me I thought I would still not win but heyyy the Manchester Derby saw United thump City 4-1 LOL. Come last day of the season, if I won I won the league, if I lost I would have lost it. Thankfully I won 3-0 against already relegated Sunderland and City drew to Forest, And We became champsss!!

2uhwz9x.png

zuinpz.png

Transfer Dealings

IN: I was lacking a strong, powerful midfield destroyer and I spent most of my Champions league windfall on Geoffrey Kondogbia for a very inflated price of 37.5m, nevertheless after a slow start he was a astute signing. Jack Butland came in as I felt I needed a world-class potential, better keeper than Ben Forest and Mattia Perin, bagged him for only 6m. Brought in two free agents, Gianluca Capriari and Jano, the latter being of first team potential. Both played on the wings, Capriari shining in the reserves but when I had a central midfield crisis near the end of the season, Jano was an absolute revelation, usurping Real Madrid-chased Sergi Roberto into the first team. Sergi Samper, who by now I feel who's potential was wasted I bought him in just to provide that extra cover in DM. Ravel Morrison was purchased on the cheap in January, played really well but injuries hampered him time to time.

Last but not least, Carlos Fierro the star signing no doubt. I was struggling to decide to play him or Berahino but opted fo rthe former due to previous FM success' with him and it proved right. Though in the middle of the season he did not score for 8 hours. He bagged 22 goals in 37 apps.

racfoj.png

OUT: Shane Long left, I felt he had already peaked and may aswell bring in the young guns Fierro, Berahino, Said, Nabi (3 of these went out on loan to get experience). I signed Mark O'brien from Derby but loaned him out as I felt Jonas Olsson had something to give to the team. Adrien Rabiot, Sean Murray and Elliott Hewitt (the latter two of which where summer signings) went out on Loan as I felt they were not ready for the team yet. Youssouf Mulumbu was sold for a poor price of 6m but I needed extra funds to make my squad complete and he was not brilliant like he was previously on FM 13 for me anyways.

The other loans were comprised of regens mostly. Made a huge net loss though.

1z589co.pngiwskxu.png

Champions League

Up against the mighty Madrid, like I said previously my save corrupted and I actually beat Madrid then but it was not be this time rounnd..Utterly outclassed by the likes of Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale, Isco etc

2zpm4hz.png

Awards

I won manager of the year!

Fierro and Hughes in top 3 of young player of the year!!

2cdjy44.png

2hnq81s.png

Archived