Are full backs fixed yet?

They have fixed the ratings, if that helps. Their actual ME performance is being looked at and addressed.

I think 'fixed' is a bit generous. Without a goal or assist they now get 5.7-6.2, as opposed to 4.7-5.2.

That being said, now the poor ratings have spread to other positions too. Nothing like being 0-0 or 1-1 at half time, playing well and having half your team on 5.8.

My current fullbacks are sitting on 7.45 (a 17 year old newgen with insane pace) and 7.80 (the Welsh Swansea left back I stole as soon as he became available).

In contrast, Debuchy and Haidara are struggling to top 6.70 when playing.

I think people have become a bit spoiled by previous FMs where players who did nothing of any use all match came out the other end with 6.8 ratings. It took an actual game-changing mistake to drop the ratings below that.

Interesting. By contrast, my left wingback is averaging 7.66 tackles per match, 76% passing, has won 92% of his tackles, has not made a mistake that has led to a goal, has weighed in with seven assists for my top of the table side, and is averaging 6.48.

I am guessing it's the 15% cross completion rate, but annoying given I play through the middle and his defensive returns are top notch.

I was always amazed in FM13 when it would say a player wasn't having a good day, and he's sitting on 7.3. I just bought and DL'ed 14, and although I'm just starting out with friendlies against similar teams, my FB's are averaging 6.6-6.8. I'm more concerned about my strikers launching orbital shots from inside 5 meters.

Rating are pish, if the full back is doing his job in defence and well enough going forward I'd stick two fingers up to anyone who tells he ain't playing well. FFS he is doing the job I ask from him, I'd bloody well know when my full back is playing well and when to sub him before half-time before he does more damage to my team.

Rating are pish, if the full back is doing his job in defence and well enough going forward I'd stick two fingers up to anyone who tells he ain't playing well. FFS he is doing the job I ask from him, I'd bloody well know when my full back is playing well and when to sub him before half-time before he does more damage to my team.

Problem is you then get constant media items about the player not performing, and in some cases you get issued with instructions to drop players by the board.

I just had a game where my right back Dani Carvajal had a rating of 4.2, my team lost 2-5 away despite leading 2-0 at the half time. They scored 5 goals in 30 mins, 3 of which was from set pieces, 1 from crossing and 1 from mistake made by my center back passing the ball to their striker when no one was pressing him. I literately lost every heading in the box, and guess what, their striker has a jump reach of 5 and 10 heading.

Realistic football game? Not even close

I lost a friendly 6-2 (suffering from the too many chances/goals issue) and my full-back at Europa League level 'earned' a rating of 2.7. I checked his stats and it says he won 5/5 tackles and in game he wasn't any worse than any of the others. What would normally have been a 6.0 in FM13 is giving a 2.7 in FM14. I can't be motivated to continue right now and if I 'must' play in the next week, I will use FM13 until these issues are resolved.

The FB issue and number of goals per game is very unrealistic compared to FM13 (most of my friendlies are returning 6-8 goals per game), but I do believe SI will get these things sorted soon enough and bring us another year of great value/entertainment.

Archived