Scouting: Players (Preferred Region)

• 2 months later...

Sorry, Alex, just to clarify this because I'm having real problems increasing my scouting knowledge compared to previous versions of FM. Some scouts are on Region assignments for 20 months and haven't found a single player!

1) Is increasing my knowledge percentage the best way of increasing the actual amount of players I know about?

2) Is assigning a scout to a Region to Players (Preferred Region)/Caribbean (for example) the best way of increasing my knowledge percentage of the Carribbean?

3) Is it the est way of increasing the amount of players I know about from the Caribbean?

4) If the answer to (2) and (3) is yes, what is the benefit or point of assigning someone to Region/Caribbean?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that Alex. I'm Arsenal at present, won three leagues in a row and close but no cigar on the Champions Cup front. I have England, Spain, France and Italy loaded. All other Nations are background. A couple of examples:-

1) Scouting South America - I have 100% knowledge of Brazil and Argentina and have had since I hired a scout of each Nationality. Despite having scouted South America for 2-3 years on 'Region' I have practically no knowledge of the other South American countries on a percentage basis nor am I finding any players there, nor am I finding many players from Brazil or Argentina. Should I send a scout to scout South America on Region/Players (Preferred Region)/South America?

2) North Africa - I have no scout of North African origin, but have scouted there for 2-3 years on 'Region' with no increase n percentage knowledge or players found. Agaian, should I send a scout on Region/Players (Preferred Region)/North Africa?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ya, it's strange. I didn't notice it at the beginning of the game when I was with QPR but the scouting range was restricted so it wasn't that obvious perhaps.

I'll keep an eye on the next game I play and see if it's an ongoing problem.

Thanks.

Archived