Set pieces - seriously can we sort out the options next year?

'Go back'. 'Mark tall player'.

Great.

I've got every player back defending a corner against part timers. That's close to 20 players in the box and the ball comes in untouched until it bounces in the 6 yard box and is tapped in from a few yards by the forward that unbelievably has none near them.

It's not Pele or some other world class player - this is someone playing for Cambuslang Rangers.

Oh, and i have my match preparation constantly on defending set pieces precicely because you can have the best team in the world and not be able to do a thing when the opposition gets a corner.

It's a joke.

Get it sorted

'Go back'. 'Mark tall player'.

Great.

I've got every player back defending a corner against part timers. That's close to 20 players in the box and the ball comes in untouched until it bounces in the 6 yard box and is tapped in from a few yards by the forward that unbelievably has none near them.

It's not Pele or some other world class player - this is someone playing for Cambuslang Rangers.

Oh, and i have my match preparation constantly on defending set pieces precicely because you can have the best team in the world and not be able to do a thing when the opposition gets a corner.

It's a joke.

Get it sorted

You can set some players to stay forward on defending corner - I do to use of the counter if the players can get the ball to them. It also will set some of the opposition to not go into the box. Just because you train at defending set pieces does not meen you will never concede against them. It takes alot of training to perfect it and also have to have the right players. Ask for some more advice in the corrcet tactics forum Im sure someone can help

So no need for the tone of your post:herman:

At the moment there's a problem with conceeding far too many easy goals on corners. It is being looked into and will probably be much better next patch(es). Better take another focus for now, at least from my experience defending set pieces doesn't change a thing about those 'bugged' goals.

Archived