Zaragoza, Underdog Challenge, picking a tactic.

From the start i want to congratulate everyone for their massive contribution to this section of the forums, seen some interesting tactics and some great threads created by different users trying to help ones stuck or who don't know what tactic suits their team better.

So, here i am, at my final challenge, completed the rest rather easily, and let this one for the end. While spending some time, trying to find a team, finally i went for Zaragoza, mainly because i wanted to try something new, never managed a team from Segunda so far.

While checking my players, from the start i made an image of what tactic to adopt, and i went for the 4-5-1, i think it suits my team very well.

But now i'm stuck at team instructions, i'm willing to set my team to retain possession, exploit the flanks, stick to positions, be more disciplined. But i'm not sure if this is the best option, any suggestions will be more than welcome.

7l5b.png

I managed to close down Barcelona in my 4th game of the season, with a men sent off from 17th minute :)) 4 draws so far

onaf.png

Played a very defensive system, 4-5-1, with all players having instructions to defend, except my AP and RW who had support duties, team instructions were retain possession, stick to positions, be more disciplined, much deeper defensive line, play even safer, wasting time and much lower tempo.

I'm watching with shame at the match stats :))

l28g.png

Also played without my main signing, Mikel San Jose, him and Rincon are proving to be good assets in completing this challenge.

Managed to finish 15th in the end as i faced an injury crisis, Rincon broke his ligaments, all season out and also Barkero was frequently injured, i've got alot of draws but i managed to beat at home the teams around my level :)

Archived