Compensation: Free

Good for? All leagues

Name: Andrea Bergamo

Staff Role: Tactics Coach

Rating: 4*

Nationality: Italian

Club: None

Good for? Mid to top tier sides looking for a cheap tactics coach who can get you by

Name: René Meulensteen

Staff Role: Shooting Coach

Rating 4.5*

Nationality: Netherlands

Club: None

Good for? Every league

Fantastic coach. I would suspect the coaches Moyes let go are available as well and would be quality

Fantastic coach. I would suspect the coaches Moyes let go are available as well and would be quality

Don't even have a clue who Moyes let go, other than Meulensteen. Don't follow United at all, but Meulensteen is indeed a class coach, and for a club from one of the big leagues, he really isn't expensive at all for what he is offering.

Name: Jose Mario Campeiz

Staff Role: Fitness Coach

Rating: 5* Strength & Fitness

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Free Agent

Compensation: £0

Good for?: Well I've had him at Derby and Celtic so he's willing to come to lesser reputation clubs on very low wages as well.

Name: Dave Billows

Staff Role: Fitness Coach/Coach

Rating: 5* Strength & Fitness / 4½* Tactics

Nationality: English

Club: Free Agent

Compensation: £0

Good for?: As above.

Name: Claudio Gaudino

Staff Role: Fitness Coach

Rating: 5*

Club: Guangzhou

Compensation: Not sure, but low.

Good for?: Every league, with the 5* rating. For £400-450 a week, you can get him to sign a contract till 2018, which is very cheap.

Name: Dave Parnaby

Staff Role: Head of Youth Development

Rating: 4* at defending if i remember well, he's good overall

Nationality: English

Club: Middlesbrough

Compensation: Low

Good for?: Almost every decent side from EPL, let aside big clubs

Name: Darlan Schneider

Staff Role: Ass Man

Rating: 5* in Fitness; 4* in Defending and Tactics

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Free

Compensation: None

Good for?: Have him on 29.000€/month till 2018 (since start) in SCP (POR). I would have to say that he's almost the perfect Ass.Man, Mental atributes = Adap: 14; Det: 20; JA: 17; JP: 17; Disc: 18; Mot: 19; Tact Know: 15; Working with Youngsters at 14 and Man.Manag at 17.

although he's fairly known in world soccer, might need Brazilian players loaded.

I guess it's a good to see that some of the staff I've signed are on here. Meulensteen is immense & was still without a job at the start of the second season so I managed to snap him up as well as poach Parnaby and Billows.

I like that managers will take a job as a coach on this version of FM, even if it is a bit unrealistic. I'm playing as Nottingham Forest and have managed to Sign Stuart Pearce as my U18 Manager & Nigel Clough as a coach. :D

I like that managers will take a job as a coach on this version of FM, even if it is a bit unrealistic. I'm playing as Nottingham Forest and have managed to Sign Stuart Pearce as my U18 Manager & Nigel Clough as a coach. :D

Not all that uncommon, Steve McClaren was briefly a coach at QPR this season until someone got sacked and he went back into management.

Any recommended assistant managers

Name: Tonnie Bruins Slot

Staff Role: Assistant Manager

Rating: 4.5 star Tactics

Nationality: Dutch

Club: Ajax

Compensation: 180k Euros

Good for?: Assistant Manager (Has 20 tactical knowledge and 19 man management)

Edit: He retires in June 2016

I started a save but René Meulensteen isn't in it. I didn't lo9ad up the Dutch legaue, could that be why?

Is there a way to make sure he is in any future saves, without loading the Dutch league?

I also can't find Paco Ayestarán, is he still in the game?

René isn't on mine either, which is a shame.

Name: Angel Vales

Staff Role: Scout (though I've appointed him Assistant Manager)

Rating: 4 stars ball control (3.5 on tactics, defending, attacking, shooting)

Nationality: Spanish

Club: Free

Compensation: None

Good for?: Have him on a contract of £4700 per week, which I see as a bargain considering his stats and personality.

I started a save but René Meulensteen isn't in it. I didn't lo9ad up the Dutch legaue, could that be why?

Is there a way to make sure he is in any future saves, without loading the Dutch league?

I also can't find Paco Ayestarán, is he still in the game?

Both of them show on my save which has Large Database & Players>Europe>Top Divisional Clubs.

Not all that uncommon, Steve McClaren was briefly a coach at QPR this season until someone got sacked and he went back into management.

Yeah and before that, Sean O'Driscoll was at Forest as first team coach until he got the managers job at Crawley. Colin Calderwood at Newcastle, etc. I did say I liked it, just wasn't expecting the former England u21 manager to take an u18's job at a lower Premiership club & on a crap wage.

Any recommended assistant managers

I think you'd need to give us an idea of the league you're playing in, your budget, etc. My personal favourite is Frankie Bunn.

I only loaded English League 2 & above as playable on a large database and he was there on my save. Might be something to do with database size rather than the leagues you select.

Thought I'd add to this (but without a screenshot)

Steve Kember

I'm Burton in league two and he's more than adequate. I signed him on a three year deal (which I guess highlights my confidence in him) for £900 a week. His stats are as follows:

Man Management: 17

Working with Youngsters: 19

Adaptability: 14

Determination: 10 (quite poor I know)

JPA: 15

JPP: 15

Motivating: 13

Tactical Knowledge: 13

Name: Franco Tancredi

Staff Role: Goalkeeper Coach

Rating: 4.5/5

Club: Non

Compensation: 0

Good for? Any Top Club

7nqk.jpg

Took him in assistant manager so fingers cross it was a good appointment lol

He just applied to be my under 18s Goalkeeping coach in second season at Newcastle. Very happy about that :)

Might not be the the right thread for this but figured I'd ask for some advice here. I don't usually bother with a Director of Football, but decided to give one a go in my current Newcastle save, put an advert out for the post and these seem to be the best of the applicants so far:

sbi3.png

reqr.png

rpyr.png

95hj.png

oioo.png

I haven't put a screenshot up, but I've also had Leo Beenhakker apply for the post as well. Which would you reckon would be the best appointment?

Paulo Futre is usually a good and cheap choice for DoF when you play in the Portuguese League, even though he always looks stoned everytime he comes up on tv.

In my SCP I have Frank Arnesen as DoF, I'm paying him big bucks there even though I handle most of club's stuff. Usually I look for Country Knowledge, Adaptation,Determination, Man Management, JP and JA and Level of Discipline. Most of the people just use the DoF to unload unwanted players... and mine usually doesn't do a great job.

The only huge thing I give Arnesen credit for is signing Eder Balanta for €4.3M in the end of season 2.

If any1 can share some sucess stories with his DoF, I would be very thankful

I'm guessing that's why whenever I dump someone on the unwanted list, I don't get anything at all for them. I don't have a DoF, so am maybe my Ass Man would do that job. I'm happy for some of them to go for nothing, hence why I set the min price to zero but I'd have liked him to actually try to get some money for them. :D

Paulo Futre is usually a good and cheap choice for DoF when you play in the Portuguese League, even though he always looks stoned everytime he comes up on tv.

In my SCP I have Frank Arnesen as DoF, I'm paying him big bucks there even though I handle most of club's stuff. Usually I look for Country Knowledge, Adaptation,Determination, Man Management, JP and JA and Level of Discipline. Most of the people just use the DoF to unload unwanted players... and mine usually doesn't do a great job.

The only huge thing I give Arnesen credit for is signing Eder Balanta for €4.3M in the end of season 2.

If any1 can share some sucess stories with his DoF, I would be very thankful

I'm guessing that's why whenever I dump someone on the unwanted list, I don't get anything at all for them. I don't have a DoF, so am maybe my Ass Man would do that job. I'm happy for some of them to go for nothing, hence why I set the min price to zero but I'd have liked him to actually try to get some money for them. :D

My DoF (I can't remember who is he as I'm at work) is beyond useless, I mainly get them for getting rid of unwanted talent, loaning senior players out (I have my HoYD to loan out my prospects) and sign staff...I'm coming up to christmas and I have plenty of staff positions free, yet he makes no effort to sign any, and even when I give him the odd task of putting a bid in for a player he never does it...I may cut my losses and sack him.

I know it's not the correct format so I apologise for that, just trying to help people out. I've done some thorough searching on the game for the best coaches I could get for each training area, and this is what I've got for my Barcelona side, and it's certainly not bad, you'll only be able to get this for top sides mind you. Hopefully it helps someone out :)

19znNkw.png

EDIT: I've noticed it's come out a bit small, just right click and click Open image in new tab, you'll be able to see it then :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright guys (and girls)!

Has anyone got any suggestions for top staff members for the Championship? I got promoted with Wolves in my first season and am now clear at the top of the Championship around the Christmas period. I've already brought in Phil Cannon as Head of Youth Development (though I'm not too keen on his tendancies so might switch him once I secure my Premiership status), Paul Winsper as a Fitness Coach, Andrea Bergamo as a regular Coach, and Matteo Melara (obscure repuatation Italian) as a Scout.

I'm looking for staff who will join the club now and who will be great in the Premiership, or staff who would join a low end Prem team (for once I'm promoted). I will most likely look to replace the whole staffing team as it is low Champ./high L1 level and all needs to be boosted for the Prem.

If it helps I currently have English leagues down to Leage 2 loaded, top two leagues in Italy, Spain and Germany, as well as the top leagues only in Argentina and Brazil.

Cheers in advance :)

Alright guys (and girls)!

Has anyone got any suggestions for top staff members for the Championship? I got promoted with Wolves in my first season and am now clear at the top of the Championship around the Christmas period. I've already brought in Phil Cannon as Head of Youth Development (though I'm not too keen on his tendancies so might switch him once I secure my Premiership status), Paul Winsper as a Fitness Coach, Andrea Bergamo as a regular Coach, and Matteo Melara (obscure repuatation Italian) as a Scout.

I'm looking for staff who will join the club now and who will be great in the Premiership, or staff who would join a low end Prem team (for once I'm promoted). I will most likely look to replace the whole staffing team as it is low Champ./high L1 level and all needs to be boosted for the Prem.

If it helps I currently have English leagues down to Leage 2 loaded, top two leagues in Italy, Spain and Germany, as well as the top leagues only in Argentina and Brazil.

Cheers in advance :)

I managed to get some of the above mentioned staff in once I was into the Premiership and managed to find some good staff of my own. I currently have Dave Winsper and Jose Mario Campeiz for fitness staff (both 5* there), got Marcel Lucassen in from Ajax who is 5* ball control (he is mentined as being 4.5* in this thread), and Bobby Mimms as a goalkeeping handling coach (5*). Also got Darlan Schneider in as Assistant Manager who is currently on Defending coaching (4.5*). Got Massimo Beghetto in as Under 21s Manager, but he is only 4* Attacking. Got Gilmar Francisco and Alexandre Ceolin in as scouts.

I'm still looking for physios/Head Physio, a shot stopping goalkeeping coach, tactics coach, defending, attcking and shooting coaches, as well as more scouts. Suggestions?

Archived