Sports Interactive Community
macca72

FM14: Leeds United - The past is the past, Marching On Together again...

Oh and when did you loan Rescaldini? He's not listed for loan at the start of the game and even if the transfer offer is accepted, he barely wants to join.

Hmm why won't you guys just use your own tactic, I don't see the charm of using a god-mode tactic made by someone else.

I use my own tactic, a fairly straightforward 4-4-2 which seems to work well enough once I actually have the players to suit it. :D

I think that I'm close to exhausting the supply of cheap South American talent, so recruitment of regens is going to be key for me too Coen. I can do deals for Balanta at River (his wage demands have dropped to about £25k/week by November 2014) and I can tie up a deal for Cassio, GK at Corinthians but that will be about it. I continue to use a lot of shortlists and I track players running down their contracts but a lot, and especially high PA youngsters, no longer run down their contracts far enough for 'an approach to sign' on the 14.1.4 patch. Still, there is an occasional bargain to be had; I've just picked up Sulley Muntari on a free in November 2014. His wage demands had dropped from a staggering £90k to a nice £15k/week.

But in the main, I'll be following your lead on regens Coen.

I was thinking this the other day as well Nicko, it does seem a lot harder to sign decent potential regens in FM14 if another club with at least reasonable reputation gets to them first, clubs seem far less willing to let go of their young talent compared to previous years. Which means making a real effort to get to them first (as you seem to be doing) or if that's not possible having to track them over a number of years and still end up paying big money for them (which is what I seem to end up doing on my current save!)

I use my own tactic, a fairly straightforward 4-4-2 which seems to work well enough once I actually have the players to suit it. :D

I was thinking this the other day as well Nicko, it does seem a lot harder to sign decent potential regens in FM14 if another club with at least reasonable reputation gets to them first, clubs seem far less willing to let go of their young talent compared to previous years. Which means making a real effort to get to them first (as you seem to be doing) or if that's not possible having to track them over a number of years and still end up paying big money for them (which is what I seem to end up doing on my current save!)

Yes I think that this is the case Coen. Take the example of the five Brazilian regens that I'm signing. None of them would have been identified by my scouts before big club interest and/or signing a youth contract. Indeed after offering contracts to them, which they subsequently accepted, the scout reports indicated that they would not be interested in signing for Leeds! So, whilst I vaguely feel that manually looking through youth teams on regen day is a little against 'the spirit of the game', the removal of quick 'known talent' scouting this year leaves me with no workable alternative.

EDIT Just to add, the real high quality 4-5* regens are also scarce this year. As I mention I signed five from Brazil, but there was one only in Slovenia, two in Poland and none in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria etc. As you say, you have to get to them first and then incentivise them a little to ensure that they sign.

Point me to this "God Mode" tactic please!!! :brock:

Really though, the Sacchi seems a good starting point and seems to me to be one you can tweak to your own.

Like Coen I have my own modified 442 with one midfielder pulled back to DM. Just basic roles but players to fit.

I'll admit I have tried a couple of others and I just don't seem to get on with them. Things go wrong and the temptation with shouts I like seems to screw them up more.

Started a new LUFC save game. First season. Playing 4-4-2

After 10 games... Won 8 drew 2 Lost 0 GD +15 and 26 points. Early days but going well.

Team playing well except lost to Huddersfield in league cup... ouch!

Wigan offered 4 million pounds for Lees... did not want to but did sell. Other outgoings : Drury 63K Ashdown 105K Tonge 675K

Lees cash allowed me to buy Harry Maguire and David Wheater and also loan John Stones. No other transfers.

Team playing like this.

Gk Kenn

RB Byram CB Wheater CB Pearce LB Warnock

RW Diouf CM Austin CM Brown LW Pugh

FWD Hunt FWD Mccormack

Pugh is playing well with 3 man of the match awards (shocked yes i am) EHD same. Pugh 3rd in top rated for league and EHD first.

Most yellow cards... Austin.

So a simple 4-4-2 seems to be working well for me with an average team.

LUFC MOT First season : Championship and playing 4.4.2

After 20 games top of league on goal difference over Q.P.R.

Play 20 W 12 D 6 L 2 42 points and _21 GD.

Losses came at ER versus YEOVIL (what the?) and away at Doncaster.

The last ten games not gone as well as first but with Brown and Austin suspended frequently I guess it's to be expected. Too many yellow cards between them.

EHD has the most assists in league with 17 and has 5 man of the match awards.

Still on for promotion. MOT>

LUFC MOT First season : Championship and playing 4.4.2

After 30 games: 1st in league. 2 pts clear of Q.P.R. but they have 1 game in hand.

Played 30 Won 15 Drew 13 Lost 2 GD +26 58 points... still top of league and expecting promotion now.

Jan transfers : In : Nil Out: Norris 32k, Matt Smith 475K, Green 140K and John Stones requested terminate loan despite playing 13 matches.

Bit concerned about whom to buy if promoted as my squad right now is not up to the task of staying in EPL>

Aye if anyone's got an older save that they don't want to continue upload it and send it to me, I can't ****ing work out on my own save.

2014 LEEDS WINS CHAMPIONSHIP : first season playing 4-4-2.

Won the league and lost in FA Cup semi to Derby.

Played 46 won 24 Drew 16 Lost 6 GD + 34 and 88 Points... most of lost games came in final few weeks.

But not a bad season with a pretty average team. Won league by 7 points. Leicester we second.

EHD had 12 Man of match awards... alas he is transferring to Real Sociedad. Next season EPL but major investment in players needed.

Season 2014/15 Leeds back in EPL.

Board want mid-table finish (joking right ?) I had hoped for avoid relegation but no they want mid-table.

The team is poor... bottom three material ... but given 24M to spend with 325k wage budget.

Transfer out : Pearce 1m. Murphy 1.6 m hall, Brown, diouf, varney all on free.

Transfer in : Broz (regen - New york ) 325K 2 x Regen strikers 775K the pair. Adam Smith (free) Alphone Areola (loan from PSG) Alfred Duncan (loan - from inter) Fausto Rossi (free) Francis Coquelin 5.25 m

Not the best dealing but hope they are good enough.

First game at Craven Cottage ... Fulham 1 Leeds 1.

Team :

Gk Areola

RB Byram

CB Maguire

CB Wheater

LB Warnock

DM Coquelin

DM Duncan

RM Broz

LM Rossi

FWD McCormack

FWD Morison

As stated not the best team at all... but adequate to avoid relegation but mid-table may be a big ask.

Thought I would finally pipe up with my save.

First season went a lot better than expected, won the league on 105 points.

Key signings were:

Stracqualirsi 325k scored 27 goals and assisted 12.

Javi Espinosa 190k

Jiloan Hamad 50k

Johann Berg Guomundsson 325k in Jan

Dedryck Boyata 150k in Jan

All in spent 1.46mil and sold 1.69mil worth of players so not a bad window.

I'm in August second season and transfer window has been tough so far as money does not go very far now.

Signings:

Seb Viera free

Rodrigo Battaglia 1.9mil

Adam Smith free

Brad Guzan 2.5mil

Tom Ince 4.3mil

Aymeric Laporte 2mil

Sold a few players for a total of 3.8mil. Nearly signed Guidetti but he wanted double what he is on at City. I need help finding a new striker as I only have Strac and McCormack?

2014 LEEDS WINS CHAMPIONSHIP : first season playing 4-4-2.

Won the league and lost in FA Cup semi to Derby.

Played 46 won 24 Drew 16 Lost 6 GD + 34 and 88 Points... most of lost games came in final few weeks.

But not a bad season with a pretty average team. Won league by 7 points. Leicester we second.

EHD had 12 Man of match awards... alas he is transferring to Real Sociedad. Next season EPL but major investment in players needed.

Well done mate, good to see you doing so well with most of the starting squad - I also used a 4-4-2 with Diouf and Pugh in the wide positions for most of my first season but didn't do manage to do as well as you have so had to get some new players in for second season. Good luck for the Premier League!

Slow Hand here again. Two games left in first season in Premier Lge (second season of my save)

Just done this

1475787_10202595570160772_463862610_n.jpg

These are the players

1499610_10202595584161122_645516004_n.jpg

Stevie May has come on very well after grabbing his chance after Poleons injury.

Austin is a blessing and a curse. A rock and inspiration as captain and DM, but those cards and sendings off leave us struggling so often.

Vokes and Bakos up front have been disappointing and Noel Hunt has been the better option.

Steele has been Mr Reliable while Boyata may would be Captain material if his leadership was higher.

We did well getting out of the Europa Lge group but folded in the 1st knockout round.

Cant get above 5th to get Champions Lge so time to relax and think of ins and outs for next season.

Slow Hand here again. Two games left in first season in Premier Lge (second season of my save)

Just done this

1475787_10202595570160772_463862610_n.jpg

These are the players

1499610_10202595584161122_645516004_n.jpg

Stevie May has come on very well after grabbing his chance after Poleons injury.

Austin is a blessing and a curse. A rock and inspiration as captain and DM, but those cards and sendings off leave us struggling so often.

Vokes and Bakos up front have been disappointing and Noel Hunt has been the better option.

Steele has been Mr Reliable while Boyata may would be Captain material if his leadership was higher.

We did well getting out of the Europa Lge group but folded in the 1st knockout round.

Cant get above 5th to get Champions Lge so time to relax and think of ins and outs for next season.

Great work blackdog! What tactic are you using, your own build. Very impressive mate.

Still using my own plus the re jigged Sacchi. I really do think its one that you can fiddle with to suit your own players.

Into pre season and a new board takes over. Boosted transfer funds to £12 million after Ive brought in Rhodes, Balanta and Cresswell for 12 million while clearing out Wootten, Vokes and a few others for about £4 million.

But Mr Tosspot wants to fetch in Brendan Rogers?? After promotion, 2 FA Cups, a Charity Shield and 5th place back in the Prem?

He best get ready for riots in Leeds then!!

Alright lads! Well it's taken a few seasons, but got there in the end. :D

9a4124bd-501e-48cf-932a-68b923af9f7f_zpsf2aeaefc.png

Adam Campbell was the key player in the title winning season, 25 league goals (38 in all competitions) and was voted English Players' Player of the Year. We also won the League Cup for the 3rd successive year. :thup:

Now for the Champions League, so far I've only managed to get as far as the semis.

About time I chip in with my current Leeds Save that I am more than happy with. Third season am currently 4th with 2 games in hand, quarters of Europa, and won Carling Cup this year. Playing a well rejigged sacchi that is now a 42DM31 with a team I couldn't be happier with FINALLY.

Most purchases have been really good value. Strandberg, Mckay and Johanssen are still in the squad from season one and I would recommend to all, as these guys have real staying power. Vergini I picked up on a free after my first championship winning season and is my rock at the heart of defence now. Got lucky with Norwich being relegated first season, allowing me to pick up Ruddy when I went up the other way :lol: Second season same happened with Swansea so I grabbed Taylor for left back to complement Byram who is going strong at right back. Blagged Jorge Enriquez as a DM for 2.8mil at the beginning of this year and he is now a 9.5mil player.

My front four have really developed now though, and after the Jan window this third season, {I'm now in Mar} I think I can really push on and cement Leeds place at the top table. Left Winger is Ince, second season with me 6.77 for last season, but I have persisted and now he is 7.10 avg, 15 goals all competitions. In the hole is Josue from Porto got him for 3.5mil start of the second season and I will try to work out screenshots as the guy is {nearly} my star player and in the running for young player of the year as AP-A 5 goals and a division leading 13 assists so far. On the right is Todor Nedelev as an IF-S my actual star player. 3rd season buy at 8.75 mil, worth every penny with 14 goals, 13 assists. I also got Salah at the start of this season with the intention that he started and Nedelev supported the front 3 on rotation, but Salah is on the bench now, despite playing well, Nedelev just crushes him.

And the cherry on top, after Mckays good service, 21 goals last year, I saw Liverpool go for Mitrovic in Jan so I threw myself in, upped the wage, and now have a guy with 10 from 13 :brock: Really don't see much need to improve many areas at the end of this year, got Vitinho coming in on a free, maybe move for Krychowiak, as a DM, as a rotation option, although I have found Bourcenau to be a great cheap rotation option.

Has anyone kept Austin in prem? I got him on a free when I went up with Yeovil and he's been very underwhelming, hasn't been powerful in his passing or dominating in his tackling.

Has anyone kept Austin in prem? I got him on a free when I went up with Yeovil and he's been very underwhelming, hasn't been powerful in his passing or dominating in his tackling.

Only by default as I found him - literally - impossible to shift. I assumed this was due to w/p difficulties, so on my second Leeds save I played him regularly with a view to sell him. But still had no interest at all and am still puzzled why.

Still got Austin in my second season in the Prem. Hes a backup really now though. Way too many cards during the first season back I decided. Which gave Murphy and Keracam chances which they took. Even took the captains armband off him. Good backup mind.

I've also got Luke Murphy who's a pretty good DLP. Austin has offered literally nothing though which is a shame as I like the idea of a tough tackling midfielder alongside a more creative player.

After some unsuccessful games, I finally got my Leeds game running. I have been playing with Leeds since FM 2009 and I love that team.

Currently I'm in December, after 22 games, I'm lying second in league and one point away from top-spot Blackburn

Lost in third round of league cup to West Ham with 5-3, it was a really nice game.

My transfers are very good so far, I'm using my own-made tactics, 4-3-2-1 at home and 4-2-1-2-1 away, both are wide tactics as I prefer using inside forwards to attacking midfielders or playmakers. I prefer possession football with many short passes before scoring which proved very successful so far.

My squad so far is:

GK: A.Adan, P.Kenny, A.Cairns

DR: S.Byram, L.Peltier

DC: S.Strandberg, I.Canuto, T.Lees, S.Wootton

DL: S.Warnock, C.Planas

DM: D.Pavelka, A.Vass, R.Austin, P.Green

AM: D.Boudjemaa, L.Murphy

AMR: S.Govou, E.Diouf

AML: L.Bolanos, A.White

ST: V.Radzionau, R.Linz

Coming in Jan: T.Hateley, R.De Tomas

Strandberg is a rock at defence and he is a must buy, Pavelka, Govou and Boudjemaa are also top performers

Radzionau is a belarusian international and I bough him for 60K euros, he is a great player but inconsistent. Linz also is good given that he was bought for free

The squad seems on the way to the premier league, so any advice for the winter transfer window or for the next season?????

Season 2014/15 First back in EPL. Am surprised by league position in this my second season.

Finished RUNNERS UP 12 points behind chelsea. Played 38 Won 22 drew 8 lost 8 GD +35 and 74 points.

Transfers out... 3.51m Hall Diouf varney Pugh et al all free and sold Murphy and Pearce for 2.6m in total.

Transfers in : 8.41 m Maciej Broz (regen) 325k Nat Kidd and Alan McCartney (regens) free. Adam Smith Free Fausto Rossi Free Francis Coquelin 5.25 m and in Steven Defour 2m.

best team:

GK Alphone Areola (loan)

RB BYRAM CB Harry Maguire CB David Wheater LB WARNOCK

RM Broz (regen) CM Coquelin CM Defour LM Rossi

Att Kidd (regen) Mcartney (Regen)

Hunt, mccormack and Morrison all failed to impress and due to injury I had to play my two regen strikers... and what a pair they proved to be. Lucky buys really... but together they were brilliant... so kept them in the side.

LUFC is ranked 1st for work rate... so I guess that's the secret to the success this season.

Other comps: Lost in 3rd round of FA cup to Man UTD and lost in league cup semi final to Derby.

Season 2015/16 Second season in EPL (3rd year of my save)

Finished RUNNERS UP by 1 point to Chelsea. Lost in FA CUP 5th round to Huddersfield (i think) and League Cup semi final to Man CiTY.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : Lost in Semi final 5-1 on aggregate to PSG>

EPL P 38 Won 25 D 8 L 5 GD +49 83 pts. So better than last season.

Transfers in, Jack Robinson 4.9m and Martin kelly 3 m. Ryan (regen 450K) Callum McManaman 2.8 m, Teemu Pukki 3.4 m and Koen Casteels free.

Transfer out: Mccormack 3.3m , Kenny and Hunt retired, Warnock, peltier, Morrison free.

best Team>

GK Casteels

RB Byram CB Martin Kelly CB Harry Maguire LB Jack Robinson

RM McManaman CM Coquelin CM Defour LM Fausto

Att Kidd (regen) ATT McCartney (Regen)

I loaned a few DM/CM for various Italian clubs to add to the squad.

Work rate still best in division and with average age being 22 I have hopes for the future.

Really need to find a bit of quality to bring into the team and the right price.

Had take over in November and they improved facilities and added some cash into coffers. So still have 25 million pounds in transfer kitty.

Marching on together.

Season 2015/16 Second season in EPL (3rd year of my save)

Finished RUNNERS UP by 1 point to Chelsea. Lost in FA CUP 5th round to Huddersfield (i think) and League Cup semi final to Man CiTY.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : Lost in Semi final 5-1 on aggregate to PSG>

EPL P 38 Won 25 D 8 L 5 GD +49 83 pts. So better than last season.

Transfers in, Jack Robinson 4.9m and Martin kelly 3 m. Ryan (regen 450K) Callum McManaman 2.8 m, Teemu Pukki 3.4 m and Koen Casteels free.

Transfer out: Mccormack 3.3m , Kenny and Hunt retired, Warnock, peltier, Morrison free.

best Team>

GK Casteels

RB Byram CB Martin Kelly CB Harry Maguire LB Jack Robinson

RM McManaman CM Coquelin CM Defour LM Fausto

Att Kidd (regen) ATT McCartney (Regen)

I loaned a few DM/CM for various Italian clubs to add to the squad.

Work rate still best in division and with average age being 22 I have hopes for the future.

Really need to find a bit of quality to bring into the team and the right price.

Had take over in November and they improved facilities and added some cash into coffers. So still have 25 million pounds in transfer kitty.

Marching on together.

Good stuff mate, Champions next year hopefully!

Stevie May for ST?

im struggling to find alot of players in my game like May, Pavelka etc? im running large db with england playable and around 9 or 10 view only? even going to their original clubs not there? any reasons fellas?

I run a custom database with about 100k players or more, and only the league i play as active... don't know about others.

I normally run England down to League 2 as playable.

Then Argentina Brazil France Germany Holland Italy Scotland Slovakia Slovenia Spain as view-only.

Custom Database - Large

Players from Top Division Clubs - Europe

Players with National Reputation - South America

Players based in Nation - Brazil

Players based in Nation - Argentina

Players of Nationality - Brazil

Players from Top Division Clubs - North America

Gives 74,000 players

Season 2016/17 (3rd season in EPL - 4th in save) Won Champions League and League Cup.

Finished 5th in EPL 20 points behind Chelsea... not happy with that.

played 38 w 19 D 6 Lost 10 GD +33 points 66 . Much worse points total than last 2 seasons...

Transfers OUT : Mcartney (regen) 35m to city ( think we missed him) another regen to west brom 1.6 m

Transfers In : Frees: Paulo Dybala, Denis Vavro, Rafael Guarderas and Rewin Amin Mohammed. Regens: redford 600k, Corneliusson 220K Draper 1.6M Young 160K and in January Stefan Vucelic 5m

Beat Man Utd 2-1 in Paris to win CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and beat newcastle to win league cup... so despite poor showing in EPL bit of success this season.

best team

GK Casteels/ Elana

RB Fraser (regen) CB Martin Kelly CB Denis Vavro LB Jack Robinson

RM Callum Mcmanaman CM Guarderas CM Cornelissuon (regen) LM Fausto Rossi

FWD : Dybala FWD Vucelic. (Regen)

EPL was disappointing... and I did think this team was stronger than last term.

Work rate still the best in the league and our passing is 6th best. With average age being 22 I guess the future is WHITE.

Okay guys just got promoted after my second season in the Championship. I have a really good possession based squad based on Kun's tiki taka Tx4. I have players like Gary Mackay-Stevens, Dale Stephens, Javi Espinosa, Annunxiata, Andre Moritz who can all play this style really well. It is a 4-2-3 formation with the AM being the attacking focal point.

My issue is that I'm not sure the formation is consistent enough and will not help me in the Premier League. Any advice? Haven't been on the forum in the last year!

Season 2017/18

LEEDS WINS EPL ... also FA Cup, league Cup, Uefa super cup, Fifa world club trophy but lost in smi final of champiosn league to Man Utd.

EPL P 38 W 30 D 5 L 3 GD +67 pts 95

Transfers out: Wooton, Harry maguire, Wheater, Pukki, Byram, Defour, Adam Smith and BROZ (regen) for 77m pounds.

Transfers in : Oxlade Chaimberlain, Luke Shaw, Ross Barkley (january) and 9 regens for total 88 million pounds.

Great success this season and so hope for similar next season.

Best Team

GK Elana/ Casteels.

RB Fraser (regen) CB Quaranta (regen) CB Martin kelly LB LUke Shaw

RM Ox-lade-Chamberlain CM Ross Barkley CM Basarab (regen) LM Fernandez (regen)

ATT Badji (Regen) ATT Vucelic (regen)

Got a big squad now and can't keep them all happy so will have to reduce playing list. The team reputation is increasing so i hope to keep this groups of regens and add to squad with bit of experience if can get them at right price.

Okay guys just got promoted after my second season in the Championship. I have a really good possession based squad based on Kun's tiki taka Tx4. I have players like Gary Mackay-Stevens, Dale Stephens, Javi Espinosa, Annunxiata, Andre Moritz who can all play this style really well. It is a 4-2-3 formation with the AM being the attacking focal point.

My issue is that I'm not sure the formation is consistent enough and will not help me in the Premier League. Any advice? Haven't been on the forum in the last year!

I haven't played with the formation you use...I tend to use 4-4-2 (Mike basset style :) ) ... but once promoted you have to spend your transfer fund wisely and for me the best way is to build a decent defence and build from the back. I got Adam Smith, Jack Robinson and martin Kelly early on and they are useful indeed.

Season 2018/19

LEEDS WIN EPL ... also league cup and charity shield... lost in FA cup semi and champions league quarter finals.

EPL pl 38 W 28 D 7 L 3 GD +66 Points 91.

Transfer out: vavro, Admin mohammed, guarderas, and casteels 67 million pounds.

Transfer in : 3 regens 14 million.

Decent success... hoped for more in champs league.

Best Team

GK Elana (regen)

RB Fraser (regen) CB Quaranta (regen ) CB Prins (regen) LB Luke Shaw

RM Oxlade- Chamberlain CM Basarab (regen) Said Bah (Regen) Lm Gaston Fernandez (regen)

ATT Badji (regen) Blake (regen)

Only Luke Shaw is from start of game all others in first 11 are regens.

Work rate still highest in league... so success built on that... worst attribute is height and that's 12th in the league.

Looking forward to new season and making it 3 EPL's on the run.

Just curious Blackdog, but I've totally forgot how to use the team comparison for things such as work rate, height, tackling etc. How do you do it? Cheers

I am having a blast on the game this year.

Had to totally re-think my approach this year after building my team around luciano the last couple of seasons. Anyway it was very pleasing to be able to find a way to use mccormack this year as I struggled to get the best out of him previously and ended up reluctantly selling him out of frustration but not this year - in my 4141 setup playing as a false nine he was second in the league for both goals and assists as we cruised to the title in the end. I picked up a couple of the players suggested on here - Hamad/Kusk/Texeira + an old favourite in boudjemaa and they slotted in well but some of the existing players acquitted themselves very well too - lees/pearce/white/byram was the best defence in the division and that was in spite of some comedy goalkeeping from paddy kenny (job no 1 before we tackle the prem - a decent keeper).

Anyway am about to launch into transfers for the prem and as most have found a measly $10mil is all I have been offered - need GK, LB and some more attacking firepower out wide. Hit a major snag straight away with austin demanding a 4 year deal on big money (comparatively) and insisting on a highest earner clause! not happening rudy! am finding that a board enforced wage cap of about $25K per week is making it monumentally difficult to attract anyone with prem experience so off to the wilds of south america & scandanavia again it is.

Anyway my attacking 4141 looked like this in the champ......

GK - Kenny (go play wherever warnock is managing next season paddy)

RB - Byram (peltier for half the season due to byram injury and did ok - but byram is deadly as a touchline hugging wing back - 2nd on the team in assists)

CB - Lees

CB - Pearce (am getting rid of wooton - just gives the ball away too much)

LB - White (needs upgrade - white good going forward but got ripped all the time in the champ so frightening what may happen to him in the prem)

DM - Texeira

MR - Hamad

MC - Boudjemaa

MC - Austin (may need replacing if he demands a move)

ML - Kusk (his two footed ability makes him ideal in my system where the wide players attack the box like robben or ribery)

ST - McCormack

nick - how on earth did you get jucilei to sign up - he wouldn't even speak to me. he would be perfect for me in the austin role.

I am having a blast on the game this year.

Had to totally re-think my approach this year after building my team around luciano the last couple of seasons. Anyway it was very pleasing to be able to find a way to use mccormack this year as I struggled to get the best out of him previously and ended up reluctantly selling him out of frustration but not this year - in my 4141 setup playing as a false nine he was second in the league for both goals and assists as we cruised to the title in the end. I picked up a couple of the players suggested on here - Hamad/Kusk/Texeira + an old favourite in boudjemaa and they slotted in well but some of the existing players acquitted themselves very well too - lees/pearce/white/byram was the best defence in the division and that was in spite of some comedy goalkeeping from paddy kenny (job no 1 before we tackle the prem - a decent keeper).

Anyway am about to launch into transfers for the prem and as most have found a measly $10mil is all I have been offered - need GK, LB and some more attacking firepower out wide. Hit a major snag straight away with austin demanding a 4 year deal on big money (comparatively) and insisting on a highest earner clause! not happening rudy! am finding that a board enforced wage cap of about $25K per week is making it monumentally difficult to attract anyone with prem experience so off to the wilds of south america & scandanavia again it is.

Anyway my attacking 4141 looked like this in the champ......

GK - Kenny (go play wherever warnock is managing next season paddy)

RB - Byram (peltier for half the season due to byram injury and did ok - but byram is deadly as a touchline hugging wing back - 2nd on the team in assists)

CB - Lees

CB - Pearce (am getting rid of wooton - just gives the ball away too much)

LB - White (needs upgrade - white good going forward but got ripped all the time in the champ so frightening what may happen to him in the prem)

DM - Texeira

MR - Hamad

MC - Boudjemaa

MC - Austin (may need replacing if he demands a move)

ML - Kusk (his two footed ability makes him ideal in my system where the wide players attack the box like robben or ribery)

ST - McCormack

nick - how on earth did you get jucilei to sign up - he wouldn't even speak to me. he would be perfect for me in the austin role.

Jucilei signed on an earlier patch but - along with Rever, Vitinho et al - it's close to impossible to sign him on later patches.

Err me ?

Sorry MB, not been on for a while.

Ifvyou mean the screens above Im not at the pc at the mo and cant quite remember.

Will look later.

Could you give screenshots so I can follow them? I know the stats screen, I'd just like to compare my teams passing, height, pace etc.

Sorry MB, not quite sure what it is you want.

How do you get to the screen where you are comparing your teams stats (for example: height, pace, tackling, marking, work rate etc)?

Season 2019/20

LUFC wins the EPL for third year on the trot. Also won charity shield and Fa cup.

Lost in Champions league semi- 5-2 on aggregate to Barcelona and in league cup fourth road to spurs.

Not a bad season but not the best.... winning EPL 10 points above Chelsea in second was good though.

EPL P 38 W 27 D 7 L 4 GD +76 Pts 88

Work rate is first in league so success is all about working hard. Worst sta is height at only 9th in league and average age is just 22.

best team :

Gk Elana (regen)

RB Fraser (regen) CB Quaranta (regen) CB Al -Shammari (regen ) LB Luke SHAW

CM OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN CM Basarab ( Regen) CM Ross BARKLEY LM Gaston Fernandez (Regen)

Att Badji (regen) ATT Blake (regen)

Having failed in Champions league the last couple of seasons I am thinking I may add a couple of older players to the squad. That's if I cna get the right ones at the right price.

But 3 EPL's an the run is good and we need to keep that run going.

Again , sorry MB, thoughtbyou meant like in my screen a few posts back. So im not sure.

There must be a comparison like you say and yeah id be interested in that. The other one is where you can compare one individual against another.

Anyone else can help?

Season 2018/19

LEEDS WIN EPL ... also league cup and charity shield... lost in FA cup semi and champions league quarter finals.

EPL pl 38 W 28 D 7 L 3 GD +66 Points 91.

Transfer out: vavro, Admin mohammed, guarderas, and casteels 67 million pounds.

Transfer in : 3 regens 14 million.

Decent success... hoped for more in champs league.

Best Team

GK Elana (regen)

RB Fraser (regen) CB Quaranta (regen ) CB Prins (regen) LB Luke Shaw

RM Oxlade- Chamberlain CM Basarab (regen) Said Bah (Regen) Lm Gaston Fernandez (regen)

ATT Badji (regen) Blake (regen)

Only Luke Shaw is from start of game all others in first 11 are regens.

Work rate still highest in league... so success built on that... worst attribute is height and that's 12th in the league.

Looking forward to new season and making it 3 EPL's on the run.

I mean, how do you find this out?

Will we have a club? Hate to pessimistic but I've never felt as low.

Nice username by the way, you're from San Marino I hope?

Sorry if I am being the odd one out on here, but I think this takeover (it will happen) FA clearance or not.

Could be the best thing for LUFC for ages since the farce of Ridsdale & Co.

Yes BmcD sacking was cruel, & could have been handled better.

This bloke is worth £800 mill took Cagliari from obscurity to Serie A.

Will be buying back ER & TA.

He takes no loves Football & will bring us up to EPL with money.

Whats not to look forward to

MOT