Sports Interactive Community

Ok so I've seen alot of complaints regarding keepers not playing it short. For what its worth when set to short passing and and play to defenders my keeper for the most part does play it out short but it often get's played the full back who is fairly pushed on. Which could be contributing to the keeper choosing not to play to defenders.

However in my view the set up of defenders positionally isn't quite right for a possession based gameplan, unless there is away of achieving this that I haven't yet found .

If your playing a possession based like Swansea for example, your centre backs would split and your full backs would push on to somewhere near the half way line. This allows a DM to either drop in to recieve the ball if the striker or strikers move out wide to cover or the centre backs are free which is quite often the case unless the opposition are pressing quite high. The out ball for the keeper is then quite often a clipped ball to full backs or longer to a target man should there be no easy ball out.