Sports Interactive Community
jayahr

Help. team not gaining any tactics familiarity

Well, issue as indicated above.

Started a new save with Newcastle on 14.1.3.

Created two tactics, set match training to tactics only, match training level to maximum (most left), general focus was fitness at first, now team cohesion.

Played 4 friendlies, but there was no improvement with tactic familiarity whatsoever.

I did after the first two matches exchange all first team and bench players (always create two team which take turns) and thought that might be it (though it shouldn't), after the third friendly I only exchanged 5 players, but no improvement either.

What's up? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

It's hard to say what's going on because you don't have screenshots to show exactly how the tactic fluidity has developed but... In general I can tell you that playing a few matches as you have is simply not enough. It's enough to get fitness levels up but not to gain full tactical understanding. You need to play 10-12 games. Cleon's pre-season guide is amazing, take a look at it.

The other thing is that if you're tweaking your tactic as you go along you'll make it harder for the players to adapt, perhaps this is the issue? I've started a save in 14.1.3 and had no trouble so far in my preseason with Fulham. If anything the team is doing extremely well.

Well, issue as indicated above.

Started a new save with Newcastle on 14.1.3.

Created two tactics, set match training to tactics only, match training level to maximum (most left), general focus was fitness at first, now team cohesion.

Played 4 friendlies, but there was no improvement with tactic familiarity whatsoever.

I did after the first two matches exchange all first team and bench players (always create two team which take turns) and thought that might be it (though it shouldn't), after the third friendly I only exchanged 5 players, but no improvement either.

What's up? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I would have thought that it was far too early for the team that is constantly changing personnel to be getting familiar enough with the 2 tactics for it to show up. Leave it for a while and it should increase slowly.

I would have thought that it was far too early for the team that is constantly changing personnel to be getting familiar enough with the 2 tactics for it to show up. Leave it for a while and it should increase slowly.

New game with Bayern, only setting up one tactic, setting every matchday training to tactics only, increasing the amount of matchday training (so that 1.5 days plus matchday are marked for matchday training) and after 8 friendlies formation familiarity is 22/100 = awkward.

Would that be expected, too?

It definitely takes much longer to get familiarity in the new version. One thing I have found that helps is in pre-season make sure non of your players are doing any additional training, like position or attribute focus or new PPM or whatever. Get them doing this once familiarity is high. Also a good coach in the tactics area helps (ditto). Even with all these things it still takes longer than the previous versions though. Make sure you only train one or two tactics max at a time, having three new ones on the go takes forever.

I can see that the familiarity bar may not be full already

- because I usually make two separate teams who are alternating in starting matches. This means however that always the same 10 outfield players are playing together. Even more for the last two friendlies I split the team in offensive and defensive blocks, meaning I'm only changing blocks of 5 between two friendlies. No effect :(

- because I have a few individual instructions for player roles, meaning my DMC, my AML and my SC have different roles depending on who is playing.

BUT (a big but): There is NO(!) familiarity progress whatsoever. Not a bit. Nada.

And that's while having match prep set to tactics only, match prep bar on maximum over a period of 5 weeks and 6 friendlies played so far.

It's as if nothing had been trained at all.

Increasingly tempted to call a bug here :thdn: