Sports Interactive Community
Jaykey

Strikers don't score

Just wondering if anyone is finding it hard to get their strikers scoring? Van Persie has 3 goals in 12 games and Rooney has 4 goals in 16 games. My top scorer is Vidic.

My first game I scored four goals, three came from my strikers the fourth from a winger.

The first was a header from a cross while the other two were shots from inside the box (One from a sub ST).

Just wondering if anyone is finding it hard to get their strikers scoring? Van Persie has 3 goals in 12 games and Rooney has 4 goals in 16 games. My top scorer is Vidic.

I hate to trott this old one out, but; it's your tactics.

Head over to the Tactics Forum, you're bound to get some sound advice in there.

Benteke scored 31 league goals for me last season for Villa. 41 in all competitions.

Yep, no problems with my strikers scoring. I am afraid it IS your tactics if you can't get RVP or Rooney scoring.

Hernandez is scoring like a monster in my game. Something ridiculous like 21 goals in 13 games, including 9 in the Champions League.

i agree since the update strikers cannot score. got 40 in 46 for Lewandowski in first season, now it like getting s**t from a rocking horse. Collectively all my strikers have played 66 games and scored 10 goals. had to resort to playing just Attacking mids

Can't say I have had any problems pre-patch or post-patch with strikers.

I'm playing lower league (Skrill South) but my main striker put away 25 last season and is on track to do more than that this season. His partner up front usually gets a goal every two or three games as well.

My combo of false 9/poacher seems to work nicely.

From what i'm gathering is that patient build up means less goals for the strikers due to the high number of long shots in the game (which needs fixing i think) because the ball is knocked around the edge of the area more. Where as if your build up is quicker and more direct then there will be more crosses and more through balls due to the fact there is less time for the defence to organise. Obviously both tactics have advantages and disadvantages but i have found with more patient build up that there are way to many long shots which means my striker isn't getting as many opportunities which means not as many goals

Not necessarily tactics, but a combination of the wrong players with the wrong morale and the wrong team gelling and probably other factors too. Tinkering with tactical details usually doesn't make any or much difference. I find that my strikers will score in any sort of tactic I present them with, in a variety of roles, if they're good enough and motivated etc.

From what i'm gathering is that patient build up means less goals for the strikers due to the high number of long shots in the game (which needs fixing i think) because the ball is knocked around the edge of the area more. Where as if your build up is quicker and more direct then there will be more crosses and more through balls due to the fact there is less time for the defence to organise. Obviously both tactics have advantages and disadvantages but i have found with more patient build up that there are way to many long shots which means my striker isn't getting as many opportunities which means not as many goals

I've had this. Play looks good and possesion is reasonable but instead of a through ball or pass to a better positioned player they will take a long shot. Agree its probably tactics, I have abandoned Work Ball into Box for a few games and have seen a bit of an improvement. ME probably not helping either. I could get the strikers to shoot less often but is that entirely the same as the long shots option in previous versions. Can't pluck up the courage to ask a forward to shoot less!

I agree to much miss shots that go wide, talking in regards to players like messi and ronaldo. Messi has so many one v ones in my Barcelona save he missed half them can't be tactics. Plus all the goals come from the wingers for me so know I play two up front and am getting more goals but only cause of crosses. The shots need work on and so does the passing for the strikers.

And of course there are the guys with strikers scoring an enormous amount of goals...and of course it's them blaming tactics. but do they score from through balls or after a long run? or do they finish from crosses and second balls? i think the way goals are scored is way off atm. play a tactic with dozens of crosses and you'll score, yes.

Ive found putting my AMC and my Striker in reverse has worked wonders.

My AMC plays in the Stiker position as a False 9, he causes problems for the op's defense when he drops deeper dragging defenders out if position, while my Striker plays in the AMC position as a shadow striker and moves into the space created leaving plenty of chances to score.

After 4 seasons my top scorers are my strikers by a long way and have been each season., also had a look at all the other teams in Argentina where I'm playing and without exception strikers are their top scorers.

I had the issue of non scoring strikers during my first season and a half. I found it was fixed by tweaking tactics. Iirc one that I think influenced it was turning off run at defence team instruction.

Striker scoring breakdown for second season Everton

Lewandownski - 27 goals in 54 appearances

Vydra - 11 goals in 58 appearances (mostly as a winger/AM)

Jelavic - 10 goals in 23 appearances (10 apps as a sub in AM/AML)

So far this season Lewandownski has 5 in 7 for me.

<3

So far in my current save, 11 games in the EPL, Van Persie has scored 17 in 11 games for United… I can't believe it.

My wingers have out scored my strikers in both seasons. Royston Drenthe and Callum McManaman have been great but I would love to know if anyone has had alot of goals scored from a striker playing upfront on his own ??

I was going to post saying that my strikers were scoring a good few and i was satisfied.

Just started my 3rd season though, played 5 games, my strikers have had 33 shots between them and not a single goal.