I will buy a Ferrari to anyone who solves this problem

SheikOmar

I tried to add the Italian Serie D to the game using the same Data Editor procedure that worked in FM13:

1. Add nation rules -> Add aditional leagues to existing structure (Italy)

2. Set Italian Serie D type from "Inactive Division" to "League"

3. Set number of promotion places to 8 (this should match the number of relegated teams from C2, at least thats what the Test nation rules claims)

4. Deleted Serie D "Group I" so that the number of promoted teams (8) is divisible by number of Serie D groups (8)

This way I get the message from "Test nation rules" that the rules are valid.

But when I start the game with Serie D playable, the Serie A is not on the list, and Serie C1 and C2 are blocked (they have no fixtures scheduled); see attached screenshot

seried.jpg

I tried to change several settings, including season start/end dates, fixtures, number of promoted/relegated teams etc, but the problem remains.

When running "Test competitions" I get the error message "No rules found for Under 19s Cup", but this competition cannot be found in the database. It is found in the game but has no ID.

I have posted this problem into the official Data Editor thread but I am getting ignored.

I want some feedback on this because I waited for several months to play in my favourite competition, bought the game, but now can't play.

Here is the Editor data file with the basic changes, if someone would be so kind and make Serie D playable together with Serie A, B, C1 and C2:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2014-editing-discussion/403309d1383424450-problem-adding-italian-serie-d-serie-d.xml

Thank you very much.

Check that you're not removing/changing team numbers in the Serie C leagues - the problem is that you're invalidating the rules of C1/C2 somewhere. Possibly you'll have to go advanced and specify the number of relegation places in each division, and the promotions from D.

I'm having a similar problem I think - I think the editor is struggling with something with multi-tier promotions and relegations

At the end of the 2013-14 season Serie C1 and C2 are being reorganised into a single Tier, I'm assuming this is kind of hard coded and adding additional leagues will screw this up. The only way around this would be to rebuild the leagues from scratch.

At the end of the 2013-14 season Serie C1 and C2 are being reorganised into a single Tier, I'm assuming this is kind of hard coded and adding additional leagues will screw this up. The only way around this would be to rebuild the leagues from scratch.

This, forgot about that nice catch nasaiain

So if we want to add the Italian serie D we have to recreate all Italian leagues? It's really impossible to do..

I'm sad because I bought this game only to start with my favourite team that is in serie D and I can't play with it..

(Sorry for my english, I'm an italian guy)

So if we want to add the Italian serie D we have to recreate all Italian leagues? It's really impossible to do..

I'm sad because I bought this game only to start with my favourite team that is in serie D and I can't play with it..

(Sorry for my english, I'm an italian guy)

yes i've been trying to voice this myself. when you enter editor, it gives you a blank division structure and expects you to add the divisions from scratch. as you add divisions it even expects you to enter # of teams to promote, relegate etc.

yes i've been trying to voice this myself. when you enter editor, it gives you a blank division structure and expects you to add the divisions from scratch. as you add divisions it even expects you to enter # of teams to promote, relegate etc.

I have to add new rules and new competitions? And what about the old structure?

As we said in another thread, the problem is that in the next season there will be a reform of the Italian Lega Pro and we can't add the serie D with this reform..

i know that but they have problem to activate italian serie D as it is. nobody want to implement reforms because it cant be done-can be done right now but not next year

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SheikOmar, here you can find an .xml with advanced rules to activate playable Serie D.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77r62ojpnbhnfa8/Nuova%2520struttura%2520Italia_regole%2520avanzate_DEF.rar

I had to delete the serie C2, overwriting the whole Italian Structure from Serie A to Serie D. All rules are correctly done!

Serie D is the lower playable league, so there are no relegations. And due to the new Serie C Italian system, I had to make D Groups with 20 teams pergroup instead of 18.

Send me a pm for detail on how to have Ferrari you are going to buy for me!

Thanks

Devid

hi sheikomar, here you can find an .xml with advanced rules to activate playable serie d.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9j29djpdlhtegqh/nuova+struttura+italia_regole+avanzate_versione+finale.rar

i had to delete the serie c2, overwriting the whole italian structure from serie a to serie d. All rules are correctly done!

Serie d is the lower playable league, so there are no relegations. And due to the new serie c italian system, i had to make d groups with 20 teams pergroup instead of 18.

send me a pm for detail on how to have ferrari you are going to buy for me!

Thanks

devid

i like that :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi SheikOmar, here you can find an .xml with advanced rules to activate playable Serie D.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77r62ojpnbhnfa8/Nuova%2520struttura%2520Italia_regole%2520avanzate_DEF.rar

I had to delete the serie C2, overwriting the whole Italian Structure from Serie A to Serie D. All rules are correctly done!

Serie D is the lower playable league, so there are no relegations. And due to the new Serie C Italian system, I had to make D Groups with 20 teams pergroup instead of 18.

Send me a pm for detail on how to have Ferrari you are going to buy for me!

Thanks

Devid

So does this have the Eccellenza teams in Serie D?

So does this have the Eccellenza teams in Serie D?

9 teams form Eccellenza were "promoted" to serie D: Tritium, Fanfulla, Ravenna, Angelana, Samb, Rieti, Nuorese, Alcamo e Siracusa

9 teams from Lega Pro II Div. were "relegated" to serie D: Bra, Castiglione, Virtus Verona, Delta Porto Tolle, Real Vicenza, Tuttocuoio, Castel Rigone, Gavorrano e Ischia.

I don't understand how these small clubs have so much debt. I do realise that there is virtually no revenue, but why spend so much if you don't have it?

Optimistic thinking, or simply the reluctance to let it die when realising that the on going concerns are higher than revenue. Likely they were working damn hard to raise the funds or had a rich backer

Still not played the Italian Leagues or the game because of it. Bit fed up now like, with no advanced editor guide (added to the fact Serie A is missing from the list of division in the advance rules), and the basic rules not working in conjunction with the new Italian League set up if you activate Serie D and below. I'm still waiting for a fix.

I'm good with editor but i'll be buggered if I can get it to work. I could completely re-do the whole league structure, but I just want to activate Serie D and Ecellenza without that hassle. Please fix it, it's driving me mad not being able to play as I want to.

Have a look at the teams involved and see how much they're spending after a year, then you can tweak attendance and tickets to account for that. If they're sinking £1 mil a year, and play 20 home games, then you can choose a combo of attendance and match ticket to cover most of that, say 5000 attendance and £10 will cover only £100,000 on its own. Often youth costs are the highest, so you can tone down youth facilities and coaching

Well I've managed to add Serie D and Eccellenza as active, Promozione and Prima Categoria as inactive via the nation Rules, advanced ruled it and managed to get it verified (I know not how) after fiddling trying to get the promptions and relegations right.

Yet the promotion and relegations are still wrong when you run the game, so frustrating as I think I'm so close to sorting it out (without a complete rebuild).

is the complete rebuild soooo difficult?

Not really ish, but if I do that it'll be a rebuild from season 2014/15 and not this season going into 2014/15, as that's less hassle and I'd definitely be leaving my area of comfort trying to build a league that changes shape in the following one.

There are some rebuilds starting this season with the 2014/15 set up, I've long tested them on holiday mode and from about June 30th - July 15th in the seasons it's just crash after crash after crash. You get through them eventually but it's so ridiculously bad it's just not funny.

SI needs to take a real good look at the editor because without a guide it's so trial and error. To be honest the Italian League just feels completely buggered at the moment. 16th December and I still haven't played the game as I want, starting to feel like I wasted my money now (drama queen in process like) :).

The new patch still hasn't solved the problem of the League restructure.

I'm so close it's driving me mad. Getting this error when testing in the advanced editor 'No rules found for 2ª Divisione'.

Promotions and relegations are correct as it stands, argh.

wait for patch. i dont wanna do anything before patch. i will check my database and fix errors and thats it. dont go crazy for nothing :)

wait for patch. i dont wanna do anything before patch. i will check my database and fix errors and thats it. dont go crazy for nothing :)

Well todays patch hasn't fixed it, so I wait for the next one ?. So three, maybe four, even five months after I bought the game I finally get to play it how I want to. And how it's advertised to be.

How long do I wait exactly ?.

Well todays patch hasn't fixed it, so I wait for the next one ?. So three, maybe four, even five months after I bought the game I finally get to play it how I want to. And how it's advertised to be.

How long do I wait exactly ?.

i know-thats my opinion also but what can we do?

• 3 weeks later...
Any news?

Yep, done a long test and it's fine, excellent in fact. This is the link the website, I'm doing that rather than direct to the download file as it's their work and it's only fair.

In the first post of that thread is the download link to their file (near the bottom of the post), but just below that is a link to just Serie D, Eccelleza and Promozione activated (they have done a separate league file), this is the one you want as the first download link is an Italian database update/rebuild.

http://www.m4d.it/forum/showthread.php?233081-FMITA-UPDATE-FM14-NEW-YEAR-EDITION

Archived