DFB-Pokal - Not Important

Champions League - Reach the semi-finals

DFL-Super Cup - Not Important

Personal Expectations

Bundesliga – Five in a row would be great

DFB-Pokal - Rotate

Champions League – It's becoming an obsession

DFL-Super Cup – It's against Wolfsburg so just treat it as a friendly

The board expectations are the same as always, which is good as I know where I stand. My expectations are realistically null and void. There's one aim and one aim only - win the Champions League.

Budgets

Transfer: £248,160,974

Wages: £5,000,504 p/w (Currently spending £2,205,352)

Balance: £737,152,056 (+£52,727,766)

The balance is fantastic, to make over £50million in a year is some going even for us. The budgets are, as always, completely irrelevant.

Tapia looks a beast! Would love to have a player like that over at Monaco with me. Absolutely stormed the league again.There's no doubt you've returned Bayern as the dominant force.

Gutted for you in Europe this season. Genuinely thought you'd go all the way this time. That bank balance is insane. You could leave there when you do with over £1bn in the bank.

Looking forward to seeing what you do in the summer. In all fairness it doesn't look like you actually need to improve the squad, you're good enough — just unlucky with how Europe has gone.

Good luck for the new season and well done on the past.

Tapia looks a beast! Would love to have a player like that over at Monaco with me. Absolutely stormed the league again.There's no doubt you've returned Bayern as the dominant force.

Gutted for you in Europe this season. Genuinely thought you'd go all the way this time. That bank balance is insane. You could leave there when you do with over £1bn in the bank.

Looking forward to seeing what you do in the summer. In all fairness it doesn't look like you actually need to improve the squad, you're good enough — just unlucky with how Europe has gone.

Good luck for the new season and well done on the past.

You must have seen Tapia before - I've had him at Benfica, Spurs, and now Bayern! Was well pleased with how he did this season after struggling in his first with us, though that was alot to do with him getting a couple of bad injuries.

As for Europe, it is disappointing, but it's not like we're a million miles away. It's literally just a case of seeing those semi-final second legs out!

His name doesn't jump out. Probably because Pedro has always been the main focal point. Good to see him coming to the front and chipping in with his share of the burden though.

Yeah that's a fair point - should really just rename the thread "The Life And Times Of Joao Pedro". :D

Fantastic thread.

Joao Pedro has been a star for you. Good luck getting the Champions League next year.

How long do you see yourself in Germany?

Thanks alot. :)

With Joao it has helped that the setup here at Bayern is built around him so he can maximise his contrubution. Even so, I agree with you, and his record speaks for it self.

As for when I'll leave, well the plan was to go when my current contract expires in 2030 at the earliest, but now I'm not so sure. The 2028 European Championships are at the end of the season and there may be some manager movement then. If we win the Champions League it might be time to move on.

240px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2027/28 - Bayern Munich

Before I dive into the transfer business, a significant backroom change happened over the summer. My long standing assistant, Pedro Bezerra, has retired. He had been my assistant for around twelve years at Brighton, Benfica, Tottenham and Bayern after initially working under me as a coach at Buokyna. I will miss him greatly. In his place I have promoted under 19's manager Miguel Oliveira. He has held management roles at youth team levels at Benfica, Tottenham and Bayern under me prior to this promotion.

Transfers

CareerSave-BayernPreseasonTransfers-Jun-Aug2027_zps859b4c10.png

(Deals below the red line(s) were made after the start of the season).

A ridiculously profitable transfer window as we sold a mix of first teamers and youngsters for big money, and yet we brought in just one player.

The Jackson deal was one I struggled to make a decision on for a long time. He's a marvellous player, but over the last couple of seasons he had suffered terribly with injuries. I was willing to up hi wages alot to keep him, but in the end the deal was far too good to refuse for an injury prone player. The other player from the first team squad who was sold was Muhamed Cahtarevic. I had high hopes for him but he never impressed when he played. To get double the fee we payed for him was excellent.

Veroljub Markovic (£4.5million plus 50% profit clause) and Miguel Chagas (£2.3million) both retured from loans over the summer, but it was time to let them go. We got decent money for both and hopefully they can go off to their new clubs and get regular first team football.

Youngsters Dave Nelissen (£15million), Juan Manuel Uribelarrera (£8.5million), and Felix Leiding (£4million) all left because I wouldn't pay them ridiculous wages to stay as they had yet to play for the first team. All of them had a 50% profit clause in their transfer deals, so we'll make further money from them when they next move on.

Nurjan Yeshdjanov was never going to be good enough for the first team, so the £1.8million fee we recieved for him was an excellent fee. Lutz Scher suffered alot with injuries over the past 2-3 years after showing some early promise. We didn't recieve a fee for him, but we have got a 50% of next transfer clause.

None of the players who have gone out on loan can be bough for a set fee, with the exception of Francesco Gnecco (£5million). They are all at that kind of make or break age now, so a good season at their loaning club is needed if they want to revive their Bayern career.

Here is the lone player that joined us over the summer;

Gennaro Bucciarelli

An alternate goalkeeper to Mexican Luis Manuel Sanchez, who I thought was poor in the second half of last season. After Verona were relegated from Serie A we got him much cheaper than what he probably would have been. He'll probably start the season as first choice.

Preseason Friendlies

CareerSave-BayernPreseasonFixtures-Jul2027_zpsd53147cb.png

A couple of tours over preseason as usual, this time going to Saudi-Arbia for a couple of games before a trip to Japan. We rattled in a load of goals, but like the end of last season we were also a bit frail at the back. Hopefully when the season gets underway and we have a more settled backline we can start keeping them out at our end.

DFL-Supercup

CareerSave-BayernSuperCupFixture-Jul2027_zps21c675ea.png

A really terrific performance as we lifted the first trophy of the season. Jose Alejandro Tapia kicked off this season as he finished the last in great goal scoring form, getting on to a couple of great through balls from Joao Pedro and youngster Bernd Berg to put us 2-0 ahead at the break. Halftime substitute Yuriy Polischuk rounded things off just twelve minutes into the second half, heading home a corner from Tapia. 3-0 the final score.

As always the season kicks off in the first round of the cup, this time against Neukirchen. We begin the Bundesliga at home to last seasons runners-up Schalke.

Expected you to bring in more players but completely happy to see that you have kept faith with the players coming through!

Well despite what I said at the end of last season, in the end we only offloaded one regular first teamer so there wasn't much scope to bring in many signings for regular football.

And also putting my trust in the young lads was always the plan. We could field a side made up of youth products, (either from our academy or signed before the age of 17/18), and it would probably do alright.

That new keeper looks good - been after one myself for a while now. How are you finding the Bundesliga? I'm loving it so far. Love the layout of the league, the winter break and the shorter season!

That new keeper looks good - been after one myself for a while now. How are you finding the Bundesliga? I'm loving it so far. Love the layout of the league, the winter break and the shorter season!

I think I'd prefer it more if the other sides had managed to remain competitive. I mean yeah we're the richest by a fair way, but my in five and a bit years here Dortmund have massively outspent us but simply haven't been able to keep up. Yes we have tough games, but in the long run we win out.

But yes I agree with you about the shorter season, I prefer it. You don't realise how much a difference to a players condition those extra four games, (in England for example), until you get to compare it.

Couldn't have asked for a much better pre-season. Good luck this season.

Cheers as always SRL. :)

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2027 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Aug2027_zps4ac6a230.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Aug2027_zpsebc88f34.png

A pleasing start to the season despite the home draw with Stuttgart.

We turned over last seasons runners-up Schalke with ease on the opening day. Joao Pedro started the league season as he always does by scoring. Jose Alejandro Tapia added to his two goals in the Super Cup, and striker Martin Schmidt added a third from the bench. A trip to Wolfsburg, who we have beaten in the Super Cup recently, was our first away game of the season, and we were superb, especially in the first half as we led 4-1 going into halftime. The second period was much quieter, but late on Schmidt again came from the bench to equalise, adding to the earlier goal his namesake scored from fullback. We then went to Kaiserslautern and thumped them 4-0. Tapia hit anither double, and Schmidt got his third in three from the bench. The month was rounded off with the draw against Stuttgart. We had so many more attempts at goal and good situations, but we just couldn't find the net. They're a good side though, and early in the season I'll take the draw and a cleansheet.

September starts with a trip to Red Bull Leipzig after the international break.

DFB-Pokal - 1st Round

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokFixtures-Aug2027_zps44f48f86.png

A good win in what I always treat as our final first team players, hence players like Joao Pedro, Gunther Lange, and Rui Miguel getting game time. Anyway we won easily, but it should have been many, many more. We had a ridiculous amount of shots (49!!), so we should've hit the back of the net alot more than we did.

In the second round we face second division side Union Berlin at home.

Champions League League Group Stage Draw - 2027/28

CareerSave-BayernCLGroupDraw-Aug2027_zps070f347d.png

For a second year in a row we have drawn Juventus in the group stage. However, having also being drawn with Hull City and Dinamo of Croatia we should realistically cruise through the group with no problems whatsoever.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - September 2027 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Sep2027_zps588bd06d.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Sep2027_zps791daff4.png

Three wins from three, some goals rattled in and just one conceded.

Leipzig gave us a tough match, but we came through it with the points. Martin Schmidt (ST) put us ahead after just eight minutes and two minutes into the second half Gunther Lange put us two up. Leipzig got one back with twenty-five minutes to go and then really piled on the pressure. We held on though and took the points. Mainz then came to the Allianz and we gave them a thumping. We took the lead in the opening minute and then we dominated from then on. By halftime we were 4-0 up and the points were realistically secured. Joao Pedro got his second early in the second half to wrap up a 5-0 win. A comfortable 2-0 win at Hamburg finished off the month. We again benefited from an early goal, this time when a HSV defender turned home a David Alaba cross. Roland Hauptmann hit his first league goal of the seasn early in the second half to seal the win.

October begins with Gladbach coming to the Allianz Arena.

DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokFixtures-Sep2027_zps74186394.png

A good win for a much changed side. We took the lead soon after the half-hour mark through young Bernd Berg but by halftime Union had gone 2-1 ahead. It took us some time, but we eventually equalised when Martin Schmidt (ST) slotted home a penalty. Uwe Meier put us 3-2 up with ten minutes to go, and then Schmidt got his second of the game to wrap up a 4-2 win with just a couple of minutes to go.

In the 3rd round we face a trip to Nürnberg.

Champions League - Group Stage

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Sep2027_zps69320d75.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Sep2027_zps5eff60da.png

What a start to our European campaign.

We went to Juventus hoping to maybe nick a win but knowing that a draw would be more than satisfactory. What transpired was never even in my mind as we simply ran riot against the Italian champions. Juve dominated early on but in the 25th minute a swift counter attack led to Roland Hauptmann slotting home to put us ahead. Ten minutes later he reacted quickly when the Juve goalkeeper spilled a long range effort and poked home. Early in the second half he nodded home from a corner to put us three up and complete his hattrick. Just minutes later Joao Pedro made it 4-0 when he tapped into an empty net following another swift counter. What a result. We followed that up by thrashing Hull 5-0 at home. We were three up by halftime and absolutely cruising. We could have got many more, but we settled for five by fulltime.

Up next we have Dinamo at home.

I read a few FM Career threads, this is by far my favourite at the moment! I haven't even played FM myself for a few months (needed a break) but coming back here every now and then really makes me want to go back on it! trying to resist the temptation!

hope you win the Champions League this season mate :thup:

I read a few FM Career threads, this is by far my favourite at the moment! I haven't even played FM myself for a few months (needed a break) but coming back here every now and then really makes me want to go back on it! trying to resist the temptation!

hope you win the Champions League this season mate :thup:

Glad you read it, and thanks for taking the time to post. :)

And get back on the game!!

Hello tom. Brilliant start to the season again. You say that you regularly change your tactics but why don't you ever go fluid? and another question is how have you setup your training? I set my general training on average and individual training on average/high and have players complaining all the time. thanks!

Hello tom. Brilliant start to the season again. You say that you regularly change your tactics but why don't you ever go fluid? and another question is how have you setup your training? I set my general training on average and individual training on average/high and have players complaining all the time. thanks!

I just prefer Rigid as then everyone has a role and sticks to it. :thup:

As for training, everyone has heavy individual training, and during the season I keep training on Balanced and Low. I rarely have players moaning as most of them have Professional personalities so just get on with it.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2027 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Oct2027_zps2cf94163.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Oct2027_zps0bc34f90.png

Four wins from four and after just eleven games we are already eight points clear.

We started by battering Gladbach 5-0 at the Allianz. Another quick start saw us take the lead after just five minutes and by the halftime we were 3-0 to the good. In the second period Joao Pedro added a second to go with his first half penalty and with sixteen minutes to go Rui Miguel rounded things off with a stunning strike from long range. We followed that up though with a poor performance against Dresden, but an early penalty from Pedro, a good finish from Martin Schmidt (ST) and a stunning performance from goalkeeper Gennaro Bucciarelli gave us a rather undeserved three points. Dortmund then came to town and we put them to bed before halftime. Two own goals helped us on our way in the opening twenty minutes before we even managed a shot on target, and then Pedro made it three. Dortmund pulled one back early in the second half but they never really mounted a serious comebackThe month was rounded off with a 1-0 win away Leverkusen. We were far from out best going forward but Roland Hauptmann printed away and nicked the winner just before the hour mark and Bucciarelli was on great form again in goal.

We begin November with a home game against Frankfurt.

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Oct2027_zpsbea7eee5.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Oct2027_zpscfcd3f92.png

Another excellent win as we made it three wins from three. Roland Hauptmann was again the star of the show as he hit another Champions League hattrick as we ran riot in the first half. Joao Pedro also notched one as we ran out 4-0 winners.

A trip to Croatia to face Dynamo is up next.

Yep, it's all gone a bit dull in the Bundesliga after the first 2-3 years. No surprise I'll be off once we win the Champions League again. :p

But if you leave will there be a club you can go to that can afford to let you buy Joao Pedro?

But if you leave will there be a club you can go to that can afford to let you buy Joao Pedro?

Real Madrid or Barcelona, somewhere like that. His value is only £24million for some reason. Very strange.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - November 2027 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Nov2027_zpsa8a40c28.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Nov2027_zpsd547608b.png

It's just getting a bit too easy now. Eleven points clear after just fourteen games.

Frankfurt came to the Allianz and they were like Lambs to the slaughter. The front three comined brilliant and struck all seven goals between them as we took the opposition apart. Jose Alejandro was the star of the show, hitting a hattrick and assisting two more. 7-0 - brilliant. A much tougher game followed at Hannover, and we came through it with all three points. We were two goals to the good at halftime, and although Hannover pulled one back early in the second half we held on for the win. Another crushing home win followed as Hoffenheim we hammered 4-0. After not scoring at all early in the season, Endri Dervishi made it two in two as helped us on our way. Gunther Lange also netted, which was pleasing as he'd been struggling infront of goal so far this season.

December kicks off with an away trip to Paderborn.

DFB-Pokal - 3rd Round

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokFixtures-Nov2027_zps488beb94.png

Awful perfrmance against the second division side. Simply had no answer to their box midfield as we struggled to get passed them and create chances. We eventually got the winner eleven minutes into extra time when substitute rightback Martin Schmidt hit a stonker from outside the box.

We face Red Bull Leipzig at home in the quarter finals.

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Nov2027_zps02ab38e8.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Nov2027_zps0f578634.png

Two good wins saw us seal qualification and top spot in the group.

We scored a comfortable 3-0 win away in Croatia thanks to a brace from Yuriy Polischuk and one from Joao Pedro. It was as easy as you'd like. A terrific win at home to Juventus followed as we came fom behind to win 3-1. We were poor early on and Juve went ahead after 18mins, but Martin Schmidt (ST) equalised ten minutes before the break. Eleven minutes into the second half Joao Pedro put us 2-1 up, and an own goal twelve minutes later sealed the win.

The group stage is rounded off with a trip to Hull City.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - December 2027 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Dec2027_zps9b8df880.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Dec2027_zpsbef7b6b0.png

Three more wins sees the lead at the top remain at eleven points.

Paderborn really put in a performance against us and we were quite fortunate to take three points. Roland Hauptmann nicked it for us, scrambling home just after the hour mark. We hammered six past Dusseldorf though we were sloppy at the back as they hit two. Joao Pedro was the star of the show hitting a brace and assisting two others. We went into the winter break with a 5-0 win away at Werder Bremen. All the goals came in the first half as we were totally rampant, with the front three again in great form.

Our first game after the winter break is at home Wolfsburg.

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Dec2027_zps23fe186f.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Dec2027_zps81768324.png

Well we didn't manage six wins from six, but we remained unbeaten and the draw meant that Hull went through to the quarter finals and Juventus missed out. We went ahead through youngster Bernd Berg, but Hull hit back immediately. They then went ahead early in the second half but Gunther Lange struck back just after the hour mark. Both sides could have won it but the draw was fair enough.

In the 1st Knockout Round we face Sporting Lisbon.

Just seeing Hull in Europe is amusing :D.

Thats nothing - West Ham won the Europa League last season! :D

Just smashing everybody at the moment :)

Always go all out for it before the winter break so I can keep players fresh for Europe in the second half of the season.

Flying in the league as usual! Good luck in the Champions League mate really hope to see you win it!

Cheers. Should certainly get past Sporting - they were realistically the best draw we could get with us not being able to get Hull from our own group.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - January 2028 - Bayern Munich

We didn't bother with any midseason friendlies this season. We just dived straight back into the Bundesliga games. Most of the players match finess remained high so we were well equipped for diving back into the competitive fixtures.

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Jan2028_zpsecbc821b.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Jan2028_zpsb4810616.png

A couple of dropped points, but we're still nine points clear.

We returned from the winter break with a comfortable 2-0 win over Wolfsburg at the Allianz Arena. Martin Schmidt (ST) gave us a perfect start whn he netted after just four minutes. We dominated throughout and added a second soon after the hour mark when centreback Mykola Yablonskyi headed home from a freekick to seal the win. We followed that up with another home win, this time against Kaiserslautern. It wasn't a good performance, but thanks to another relatively early Schmidt goal we took all three points. The month was rounded off with a trip to Stuttgart. We dominated possession, but over the course of the game Stuttgart had the better chances. Just before the hour Endri Dervishi put us ahead, but Stuttgart hit back with a little over twenty minutes to go. Overall a draw was a fair result, and we remain top with a healty lead.

February opens up with a trip to Schalke.

Transfers

One in, one out in the goalkeeping department this window. Mario Oliveira left for Newcastle for a very good fee of £6million. He came when I first took over for just £600,000 but with hopes of him becoming a top goalkeeper. It never quite happened for him, so to get as much as we did was very pleasing.

Here is the man who came in to replace him;

Heiko Köhler

We paid just £500,000 to bring him in from Barcelona and he is on a little less a week than what Oliveira was. He'll do as a third choice, though he will have to be thrown in for a couple of games with our two first choice goalkeepers currently being out injured.

Just caught up. Absolutely storming the league once again. It's good to see Dortmund returning to actually try chase you down this season! Good job in qualifying from the group stages, a nice draw for the next round, too.

Quick question, is the 'ST' after 'Schmidt - ST' a nickname given to a newgen to keep tabs on his position or something? Seen a couple of your players with something like this after their name.

Just caught up. Absolutely storming the league once again. It's good to see Dortmund returning to actually try chase you down this season! Good job in qualifying from the group stages, a nice draw for the next round, too.

Quick question, is the 'ST' after 'Schmidt - ST' a nickname given to a newgen to keep tabs on his position or something? Seen a couple of your players with something like this after their name.

It's about time Dortmund started doing something with all the money they have spent!! :D

And I have two Martin Schmidt's - one's a striker and the other a fullback. Those are the only players with nicknames (ST & FB after their name) and it's just so I know who's who on the pitch, in media items, etc.

Good luck mate! Would be great if you can remain unbeaten in the league in your last season! :)

We've got Dortmund, Schalke and Gladbach still to go to. I can't for the life of me see it happening, and in all honesty it's not of the remotest importance to me.

Archived