Sports Interactive Community
tomtuck01

Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

Good luck this season :thup:.

Good luck this season :thup:.

Thanks. I think we can achieve even more than last season.

Good luck for the season ahead. I'm sensing a treble on the cards.

No chance. Not enough players of the right sort of age - either old or young, very little inbetween.

240px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2024/25 - Bayern Munich

Transfers

CareerSave-SummerTransfers-2024-25_zpsf877e380.png

Not a very busy summer at all, and no marquee signings after my top targets were priced higher than I was willing to pay.

A very experienced player left this summer. It was disappointing that Badstuber retired as he actually played really well in the sixteen games he started last season. Emanoel and Galfrascoli were young players who never quite kicked on as I'd hoped. Yes I only gave Emanoel a year and Galfrascoli two, but I didn't see enough from them. We made decent profit on them both so I'm quite happy. Both Stakic and Peter never kicked on and we got decent money for them really. As for Miguel Angel Ferreras, he arrived to much fanfare a couple of years ago, but he was often injured and inconsistent. With a couple of clauses the fee could end up being £10million and we have a sell on clause.

Here are the three that came into the club over the summer;

Paulo Jorge

A young man who came through at Benfica when I was at the club. He hasn't been developed well since I left, but there's definitely something there.

Muhamed Cahtarevic

A very good young player who can play a variety of positions and roles. With some improvement mentally and technically he really could be a super player.

Sander van Grinsven

A good young player, though he's only on loan for now and he won't discuss a permanent move right now. Hopefully we can convince him otherwise.

Preseason Friendlies

CareerSave-BayernPreseasonFixtures-2024-25_zps521d1871.png

A fairly busy preseason as I was trying out a new tactical system. Was nice to go back to Bukovyna for a friendly as part of the deal that saw Pavlo Denys join us last term. We then went on a tour to China as part of a money making exercise, aswell as another friendly away at Leeds that netted us the best part of half a million pounds. We then honourd both Thiago and Robert Lewandowski with much deserved testimonials, one of which we won and one that we drew.

Seven games brings some much needed fitness heading into the new season.

DFL-Supercup

CareerSave-BayernSuercupFixtures-Jul2024_zps67bbae1c.png

A good performance and a trophy secured! We took a bit of a pounding in the first half but we were much better in the second period. Taking the lead so early in the second half definitely helped calm us down and then when the second arived just after the hour mark we were in total control. We could have added more, but I was more than pleased with the 2-0 win.

The season gets underway very soon, and our first game in the 1st round of the DFB-Pokal against little Grün-Weiß Piesteritz, and we opening up the league campaign away at Union Berlin.

I like Muhamed Cahtarevic.

I like Muhamed Cahtarevic.

Could be a very important player for us in the future.

A good pre-season. Mo marquee signings, so hopefully the young players can start filling in for the older ones this season. Paulo Jorge looks like Hernandez.

Good luck.

Joao Pedro just can't stop scoring! And it is nice to see you make use of the loan system despite the immense transfer budget :thup:

A good pre-season. Mo marquee signings, so hopefully the young players can start filling in for the older ones this season. Paulo Jorge looks like Hernandez.

Good luck.

It wasn't for the want of trying. I had a couple of targets, (plus alternates), but couldn't agree fee's for any of them. The youngsters will have to step up.

Joao Pedro just can't stop scoring! And it is nice to see you make use of the loan system despite the immense transfer budget :thup:

Well, it was the only way to get him to join. As of yet he won't even discuss a permanent move. :(

As for Joao Pedro, he's a machine.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2024 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Aug2024_zps3ced8731.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Aug2024_zps8d77bec8.png

A very good start to the season as we open with four wins from four.

We weren't at our best on the opening day against Union Berlin, but thanks to a brace from youngster Endri Dervishi we took the three points. In our opening home game we thrashed Hannover 5-0 with Joao Pedro getting a hattrick and also Martin Schmidt getting his first league goal for the club. That was followed up by hammering Köln at their place with all four goals coming in the first 26 minutes. The month was rounded off by us winning a barmy game against Schalke. It was 1-1 after nineteen minutes, and then we went goal crazy getting into a 4-1 lead by the break. In the end it finished 5-3, with Martin Schmidt grabbing four of them!

After the international break we face Gladbach at home.

DFB-Pokal - 1st Round

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokalFixtures-Aug2024_zps20053663.png

This was our first game of the season, and though it wasn't our best performance, we scored an easy 4-0 win. Joao Pedro was on form, bagging a double, and Robert Lewandowski showed what he is still capable of with a lovely goal.

In the next round we face St. Pauli.

Champions League League Group Stage Draw

Of course we were amongst the top seeds, but that counts for little these days given some of the second, (Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Tottenham), and even third (Marseille, Ajax, Galatsary), seeds now.

CareerSave-CLGroupDraw-Aug2024_zps3149e15c.png

Really not a bad draw at all. Trips to Porto and Spartak Moscow may be tricky, but we should still come out on top of the group.

Excellent start in the league. Looks like Dortmund are going to be hot on your trails this season. Have they strengthened much over the summer?

Excellent start in the league. Looks like Dortmund are going to be hot on your trails this season. Have they strengthened much over the summer?

They had a net spend of around £35million over the summer, whereas we made money. They invested heavily on just for players.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - September 2024 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Sep2024_zps85df6043.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Sep2024_zps033da19d.png

Another excellent month as we maintained our 100% start to the season.

We started by coming from behind to beat Gladbach 2-1. They went ahead just after the break, but in 66th minute Martin Schmidt equalised. The game was heading for a draw when Joao Pedro popped up with a lovely goal to grab the win. A comfortable 3-0 win at Dusseldorf followed, with rightback Pascal Bieler getting a couple of goals. The month was finished off with a comfortable 2-0 win at to Mainz, Paulo Jorge and Thomas Muller grabbing the goals.

October starts with a trip to Stuttgart.

DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokalFixtures-Sep2024_zps240308b2.png

A dire peformance from a much rotated squad and we really got out of jail. St.Pauli twice went infront, but twice Robert Lewandowski equalised for us. We had our chances, but so did they and we really couldn't have complained had they won the tie. Thankfully, we held our nerve and won on penalties.

In the third round we travel to Berlin to face Hertha.

Champions League - Group Stage

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Sep2024_zps0bb5ca89.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Sep2024_zps9d112475.png

Not the best start to the group stage, but we came from 2-0 down to take a point so I was kind of pleased. Early on we had no answer to Porto's fast start and we could have trailed by more at the break. We fortunate penalty decision got us back into the game, and then nineteen minutes from time Thomas Muller got the equaliser.

Up next we have Slovan Bratislava at home.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2024 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Oct2024_zps443d5098.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Oct2024_zps07d6df62.png

By our high standards this was a wretched month.

The month started with defeat away at Stuttgart. It was a bery tight game that was settled by one marvellous bit of play from Hervin Ongenda. A draw may have been fairer, but we als couldn't moan at the loss. We got back to winning ways with a comfortable 3-0 win at home to Bochum, with veteran Robert Lewandowski getting a brace and Joao Pedro a lovely goal inbetween. At trip to Hoffenheim rounded off the month, and we came away with just a point. They took the lead but rightback Jackson equalised very soon afterwards. The second half failed to bring any further goals, and 1-1 it finished.

November starts with a home game against Leverkusen.

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Oct2024_zpsca6cd8c8.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Oct2024_zpsfd1269c6.png

An amazing high to a desperate low. We absolutely thumped Slovan Braztislava with Joao Pedro scoring an incredible five goals! It finished 8-0, but it could have been a fair few more. We then went away to Spartak Moscow and really didn't deliver. It was meandering towards a draw, but in the 80th minute Thiago was red carded, and with three minutes to go Spartak grabbed with winner.

Spartak come to Munich next, in what is a must win game.

You really should not be struggling against that Group! Great result, that 8-0!

You really should not be struggling against that Group! Great result, that 8-0!

Why not? Porto are a decent side and always in the latter stages of the tournament, and a trip to Moscow is never easy. Got the two toughet games out the way already.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - November 2024 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Nov2024_zps384f8efb.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Nov2024_zps4a6ee6ec.png

A much better month, but we suffered defeat in a potentially crucial game.

The month started with a thumping 5-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen, with Pedro Rodrigues, (yes, my bloody halfback!), getting a hattrick. That was followed by that loss at Dortmund. We weren't at our best but took the lead just before the break. Dortmund really upped the pressure in the second period, and with sixteen minutes to go they got their equaliser. Just four minutes later they were awarded a controversial penalty and tucked it away to take the lead and subsequently win the game. We bounced back in the most amazing style by thrashiing Red Bull Leipzig 9-0. Joao Pedro was fabulous again, bagging himself four goals. Veterans Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos both got on the scoresheet aswell! The month as finished off with a good 4-1 win away at Kaiserslautern. We fell behind very early but Gunther Lange got us level, and then early in the second half he put us 2-1 up. Martin Schmidt then scored twice in the final fifteen minutes to round off a comfortable win.

December starts with a Frankfurt visiting the Allianz-Arena.

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Nov2024_zpsdd2ec41f.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Nov2024_zps215e21df.png

Two much better performances have seen us qualify for the next round and only needed to match Porto's result on the final matchday to win the group.

We got revenge on Spartak after they had beaten us in Russia last time out. Gunther Lange was in superb form and grabbed himself a hattrick in a very one sided game. Porto were then defeated 4-2 in a real sloppy performance from us. They went down to ten men after just twenty minutes, and then in a thirteen minute spell we went 3-0 up. However Porto got one back before the break to give us something to think about. We made it 4-1 just five minutes into the second half, but we never looked like adding more, and in the 90th minute Porto got a second to give the scoreline some much deserved respectability.

Our final group game is away at Slovan Bratislava.

Getting a little nervy now. Need to regroup and get a good couple of results in the next few games. Still should come through that group.

Getting a little nervy now. Need to regroup and get a good couple of results in the next few games. Still should come through that group.

Errrr, we've already come through the group? :confused: :D

Haha, touche!

It hadn't updated whilst I was posting, smart ass!

A much better month in November, just what you needed! League is looking tighter that last year! It'll be an interesting run in.

Haha, touche!

It hadn't updated whilst I was posting, smart ass!

A much better month in November, just what you needed! League is looking tighter that last year! It'll be an interesting run in.

Haha you should refresh more often then! :p

Got some tough games coming up in the second half of the season. Aside from Dortund and Stuttgart at home, we have to travel to all the other bigger clubs. It's going to be tough and we may have to rely on Dortmund dropping points.

Good stuff in the group - just! - and nice to see you in touch with Dortmund at least. Good to have a serious rival :)

CareerSave-KroosRetirement-Dec2024_zps265d269d.png

And another one is on his way out. He hasn't been at his best this season when called upon but I still think he has alot to offer - he keeps the ball superbly well and is good with setpieces. I may yet ask him to reconsider if he ups his performances a little in the second half of the campaign.

Good stuff in the group - just! - and nice to see you in touch with Dortmund at least. Good to have a serious rival :)

I actually agree an awful lot with your last point. Yes I like winning trophies, etc. But they do have more meaning when there has been a fight to win them.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - December 2024 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Dec2024_zpsd24e0e49.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Dec2024_zpsa53bd97c.png

A much less dramatic month. Three wins from three and we're now right up Dortmund's backside.

We scored a comfortable 3-0 win over Frankfurt to kick the month off with the main man, Joao Pedro, giving us an early lead to calm our nerves. Cesare Scarchilli added a econd before the half hour mark, and Toni Kroos wrapped it up with twn minutes to go. A tough away game at Hamburg followed, and we had to come behind after going 1-0 down after an hour. Martin Schmidt got the equaliser nine minutes later, and with just eleven minutes remaining Joao Pedro grabbed the winner. We went into the winter break on the back of a comfortable home win over Wolfsburg. Thomas Muller netted his fifth of the campaign and Cristian Machuca soon got the second. 2-0 it finished.

Our first game after the winter break is a trip to Hannover.

DFB-Pokal - 3rd Round

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokalFixtures-Dec2024_zps15118e53.png

Not a convincing performance, but we're through to the next round. We made a cracking start when Uwe Meier scored after just 28 seconds. Paulo Jorge got a second in the 20th minute to really put us in command. However, we then slacked off and Hertha came back into it. Just after the hour they pulled one back, and from then on they really pushed us back. Thankfully though we stood strong to secure a 2-1 win.

In the quarter finals we travel to Leverkusen.

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Dec2024_zps38b7c6bf.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Dec2024_zps4c4233e6.png

A good performance from a much changed starting XI. Two goals in two minutes from Endri Dervishi and Pascal Bieler got us 2-0 to the good inside the opening twenty minutes, and from there on it was just about controlling the game. We added another just after the break, and then youngster Hermann Barth got his first for the club in stoppage time.

The quality of teams in the first knockout round is something else. The draw we got is probably as good as it could have been, maybe with the exception of Benfica, though I still anticipate a very tough tie.

When did you last win 1-0? All these goals are a bit boring :brock:

We beat Beijing 1-0 in a preseason friendly. :p

I remembered Shakhtar not appointing you as their manager in the first few seasons and how wrong they were, go smash them!

I remembered Shakhtar not appointing you as their manager in the first few seasons and how wrong they were, go smash them!

A dire 1-0 aggregate win will do me. :p

He's quite good.

Yeah, I guess he's half decent. :p

Damn that league is close. Not too much in the goal difference either.

It's lovely to be involved in a such a close race! :D

It's lovely to be involved in a such a close race! :D

I wish my rivals were as competitive. Thinking about throwing a couple of games just to let them catch up a little ;)

I wish my rivals were as competitive. Thinking about throwing a couple of games just to let them catch up a little ;)

I'll report you to the appropriate authorities. :p

Just read the whole thread, Wow!

Great career so far, you have to go back to Benfica one day!

Any tactical tips? Keep trying to start a journeyman career but always fail with my first season at the lower quality clubs

What a bad job you've done developing him :brock::applause:

Yep, I'm so bad at developing players. The shame. :(

Just read the whole thread, Wow!

Great career so far, you have to go back to Benfica one day!

Any tactical tips? Keep trying to start a journeyman career but always fail with my first season at the lower quality clubs

Thanks for taking the time to read all the way through. Eleven pages of whaffling is enough for anyone! :)

I can't see myself going back to Benfica as I achieved everything possible there really - I could only harm my legacy. As for tactical stuff at lower clubs, I wouldn't know. The lowest I ever was was at Bukovyna in the Ukrainian second tier, and despite the ******* pitches I still insisted on possession football. In the mean time all that I have really changed has been the shape.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - January 2025 - Bayern Munich

Midseason Friendlies

CareerSave-BayernMidesasonFriendly-Jan2025_zps8c5849e4.png

This midseason we went to Japan for a mini two game tour.

This was to try out a new tactical shape for a couple of games and also to try and raise our profile in that part of the world. It's fair to say in the first match the new shape worked well attacking wise, even if we did concede twice. We put in a better all round performance in the second game, and these two wins gave us a good morale boost heading in to the second half of the campaign.

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Jan2025_zps81a088aa.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Jan2025_zps50ff856e.png

Two good wins after the winter break have seen us hit top spot.

We tore through Hannoever in the opening stages of the game and after just fifteen minutes we were 3-0 up. Just after the hour we made it 4-0, and although they pulled a goal back we scored twice late on to win 6-1! A rout! The game against FC Köln was much moe comfortable than the scoreline suggests, even if we had to rely on two defenders to score. Centreback Arthur put us infront in the 16th minute, and nine minutes into the second half David Alaba scored a wonderful goal to seal a 2-0 win.

We being February with a tough trip to Schalke.

Transfers

Not often one for spending big in the January Transfer window, but that all changed this year when two young Ukrainians came to my attention. We forked out £32million, (£15.5million for one & £16.5million for another), in intial fee's, and the deals can eventually rise to £20million and £19.5million respectively. Adding these two to the very good young players already at the club was a priority as soon as I clapped eyes on them. I can't wait to watch their development along with the other youngsters at the club.

Yuriy Polischuk

An extremely good 18 year old striker who still has loads of developing yet to do. He's so well rounded already, but I'm hugely impressed with his mental stats. They will get so much better with age. Both the physicals and technicals will develop greatly with training.

Mykola Yablonskyi

Some very good core attributs for a central defender. Yes his mentals need to come on a bit, but that will of course come with age. His technicals are already sound, and his physicals arent in a bad way either.

Been following this career mainly on Twitter and reading the odd bit here and there in this thread, but just took the time to read it from start to finish this evening.

A quite remarkable career so far, especially winning the Champions League with Benfica and having the salary cap of £25k per week. :thup:

One thing I'd like to see which I either missed or there is none, is a screenshot of Joao Pedro when he came through the academy at Benfica?

Been following this career mainly on Twitter and reading the odd bit here and there in this thread, but just took the time to read it from start to finish this evening.

A quite remarkable career so far, especially winning the Champions League with Benfica and having the salary cap of £25k per week. :thup:

One thing I'd like to see which I either missed or there is none, is a screenshot of Joao Pedro when he came through the academy at Benfica?

Cool that youve taken the time to read it. I appreciate that so many pages seem like a bit of a bugger! :p

Regarding Joao Pedro, he had already come through the Benfica Younth System when I joined them, though only by a couple months. I have managed all of his club career games, except for two of three inbetween me joining Tottenham and him following me from Benfica.

The earliest screenshot I have of him is from November 2019, and he was 18 years and 144 days old; clicky!

Cool that youve taken the time to read it. I appreciate that so many pages seem like a bit of a bugger! :p

Regarding Joao Pedro, he had already come through the Benfica Younth System when I joined them, though only by a couple months. I have managed all of his club career games, except for two of three inbetween me joining Tottenham and him following me from Benfica.

The earliest screenshot I have of him is from November 2019, and he was 18 years and 144 days old; clicky!

Actually just found that screenshot in Cleon's Ajax thread but cheers :thup:

Looking at him in that screenshot, he doesn't look like a future Ballon D'Or and World Player of the Year winner but his development and more importantly, performances show how good of a job you've done with him despite what some might say! :p

Actually just found that screenshot in Cleon's Ajax thread but cheers :thup:

Looking at him in that screenshot, he doesn't look like a future Ballon D'Or and World Player of the Year winner but his development and more importantly, performances show how good of a job you've done with him despite what some might say! :p

He had a few decent base attributes to be fair, and from there it was just a case of working on the right ones over and over again. He's 23 now and I've only just switched him from individual attribute training to role training.

The biggest thing though was of course game time. He's been a regular in my teams for a long time.

I'm not hugely clued up on training, so how exactly do you focus the training down to certain attributes? Wouldn't that mean others suffer badly at the same time?

As always, I enjoy your threads, totally envious of how well you manage to do and especially how you manage to get players to play well as AMCs, I've never managed to pull that off!

KUTGW!