• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

240px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - New Club - Bayern Munich

Full Name: Fußball-Club Bayern München e. V

Nickname: Die Bayern

Year Founded: 1900

Stadium: The Allianz Arena (71,000 - 58,401 seated)

CareerSave-BayernBackground-Jul2022_zpsc458977b.png

A marvellous history. What is missing off this list is the 28 league titles and 19 German Cup victories. Apart from the German Super Cup and Club World Cup, the team were trophyless last season. The team were embarrassed in the cup as they exited in the first round, and then went out in the first knockout round of the Champions League. They have won just one league title in the last four years, and have finished third twice in a row. They did however win the Champions League in the 2020/21 season.

Time for a new legacy.

Finances And Squad

CareerSave-BayernFinancesUponJoining-Jul2022_zps99982610.png

Yeah, errrr, not much to say here. Just disgustingly ridiculous.

CareerSave-BayernFirstTeamSquadUponJoining-Jul2022_zps67804c5f.png

A strong squad, but it could be better. I like the fact that there are a few older players around the place - youth is always good, but experience can be invaluable. One things that does need adressing, (atleast in my opinion), is the lack of Germans. In this squad list there are only eight, five of which are over 30 years old!

Sad to see you not finish the job at Spurs. Would have liked you to win the league there, but understand the draw to Bayern and an offer you couldn't say no to.

Good luck in the new role.

Don't get me wrong, I too feel like there is unfinished business at Tottenham and there was more to be won. However, some clubs you just don't turn down.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Preview - 2022/23 - Bayern Munich

Board Expectations

Bundesliga - Win it

DFB-Pokal - Not Important

Champions League - Reach the semi-finals

Personal Expectations

Bundesliga - Fight all the way

DFB-Pokal - A little run would be nice

Champions League - Anything beyond quarters is good

The boards expectations are understandably very high, but mine are touch lower purely because I know the squad is going to change a bit and blending players together isn't always easy. Still, there are trophies to be won and think we can them.

Budgets

Transfer: £123,443,080

Wages: £4,825,593 p/w (Currently spending £2,218,976)

Balance: £575,180,892

Let the spending commence! Errr, this is more than adequate.

What do I win when you make Joao Pedro your 1st signing? :lol:

[Edit]

ps. That is an obscene amount of money. :eek:

Yeah, even I didn't expect the balance to be like that, despite the transfer budget.

As for Joao Pedro, he might be on my radar............

Don't get me wrong, I too feel like there is unfinished business at Tottenham and there was more to be won. However, some clubs you just don't turn down.

Never say never. I'm sure once you've won the lot at Bayern there may be an opportunity to go back and finish what you started.

As for that transfer budget. I cannot wait to see you go bonkers on that! What's your record signing on this save so far?

That wage budget is nuts. What would the transfer budget move to if you reduced the wages down to, say, £3m per week (which is still insane!)?

Can move the transfer budget slider up one or two notches. Will check it when I'm home!!

Never say never. I'm sure once you've won the lot at Bayern there may be an opportunity to go back and finish what you started.

As for that transfer budget. I cannot wait to see you go bonkers on that! What's your record signing on this save so far?

Who knows how long I'll be at Bayern though? This has turned into a real competitive league with four different title winners in the last four years. I want to become the dominant force again, and that might not be as simple as just throwing money at things.

Speaking of the money, I won't be going bonkers but I will pay the going rate if I think someone is worth it. Record signing is Jose Alejandro Tapia (Benfica to Tottenham) for £29.5million. Already got a £25million deal lined up, mind. :D

Can't blame you for taking it but I'm one of those in the 'shame you couldn't finish the job at Spurs' camp.

Don't at all disagree with people thinking that - I do a little.

How did Bayern get so rich? Tycoon?

Not at all - they still have the same board. Like in real life they're a money making machine. However the wage bill is far smalldr than it would be at the start of a save with players such as Robben and Ribery no longer around.

To say I am shocked by that signing would be a lie :D.

You know aswell as anyone how attatched I get to certain players!!

Great to see one of your players follow you from Benfica to Spurs and now to Bayern :)

Like when I joined Tottenham, he was a priority.

Brilliant career. Love it. Good luck at Bayern, will be tough on such a shoestring budget.....

First of all, thanks. :)

Secondly, they've only won one title in the last four years under Guardiola. I'm sure the league, budget or no budget, is not going to be simple.

Fantastic career, really enjoyed following it. Slightly surprised Joao Pedro didn't cost more with his record at Spurs, you'd think they'd try and squeeze every penny they could out of you with that budget :D

Thank goodness for the silly AI! :D

In all honesty, they are trying to squeeze me for money elsewhere. Won't sell me a Centreback for £40million, and won't sell me Rightback Vitor, (who I bought a year ago for £6million), for £35million. The buggers. :(

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2022/23 - Bayern Munich

Transfers

CareerSave-BayernSummerTransfers-2022-23_zps50b30fb7.png

(Transfers made above the red line(s) were made before I joined the club).

Some £19.25million worth of players sold before I joined the club, and plenty more after I took control. The standout one is Adri Geerts who went to PSG for a whopping £38.5million. He is a fantastic player, (even played a couple of games this season before departing), but as a fullback he simply wasn't worth his £130,000 p/w salary. I decided to sell Luka Katic as soon as I saw his personality was "temperamental". Michael Said, Melo, and Robert Amos were flogged as I didn't feel they were good enough for the club - I'd rather have young players as back-ups rather than sub-par players. And Yoshinori Sato went as I was sick of his whining. If wasn't the fact I sold someone he felt I shouldn't have, it was his desire for a new contract. After just a few weeks I'd had enough of him.

Here are the players that came into the club over the summer;

João Pedro

The most obvious transfer going. I know what he can bring to the side and I cant wait to see him in regular action.

Miguel Angel Ferreras

A player I had at Benfica way back when! He can play a variety of positions so will be extremely handy, even if I paid slightly too much.

Arthur

A big fee for a player who could well be a huge player for the club. He's here for years to come and will be a key member of the side.

Mario Oliveira

A young goalkeeper to be third choice. We have good young goalkeepers at the club and this signing only adds to those.

Jackson

We all know how I love a Brazilian wingback! Sold one rightback for £38.5million and bought a younger, potentially better one for much less. Excited to see him develop.

Federico Galfrascoli

An exciting young striker who already has a lot of quality. Can't wait to see him improve.

Preseason Friendlies

CareerSave-BayernPreseasonFixtures-2022-23_zps5d811851.png

(Matches played above the red line occurred before I joined the club).

Just two games after I joined the club, one of which taking place on the very day I was appointed - not ideal but it gave me a chance to have a god look at the players before diving into the transfer market. All in all a good set of friendlies, and from my perspective two wins against pretty decent opposition.

The seaosn opens with the first round to the DFB-Pokal against Eintracht Braunschweig.

CareerSave-BayernStaffChanges-Sep2022_zps0cb7db98.png

Just thought I'd post the staff changes since I joined Bayern. Plenty of thses were with me at Benfica and Tottenham, although I didn't bring in all the staff members that left Spurs when I did. I also brought in a couple of club legends. :cool:

Really like Frederico and Essomba but Oliveira gets the big :thdn: from me. (Midget GK's indeed).

Ahh yes the kid from Twitter. I'm really looking forward to watching him develop, and Federico Galfrascoli of course. As for Oliveira, he's only 18 and regens do grow, or atleast I think they do.

-------------------

Here is Serge Essomba for all those wondering who we're talking about!

As for Oliveira, he's only 18 and regens do grow, or at least I think they do.

They do, (which is great), but surprisingly little, (I have been checking). They also tend to grow before 18 though, (and even then only by 1"). Sorry, he's still gonna be probably only 5'10" max and it means you might struggle to improve his aerial ability. Good luck though. :thup: (Happy to be proved wrong).

[Edit]

Hahahahah. Hadn't seen Jackson's hair. Make him get it cut! lol

Jackson's hair :cool:.

It's beastly isn't it! :D

They do, (which is great), but surprisingly little, (I have been checking). They also tend to grow before 18 though, (and even then only by 1"). Sorry, he's still gonna be probably only 5'10" max and it means you might struggle to improve his aerial ability. Good luck though. :thup: (Happy to be proved wrong).

[Edit]

Hahahahah. Hadn't seen Jackson's hair. Make him get it cut! lol

At the end of the day he was just a bit of a punt. Have two decent goalkeepers in my under 19's, but in Germany kids can't play in competitive games unitl they are 17 and at the minute they are 16 and 15! Basically, a stop gap third choice until the others get older, but who knows, he could progress well.

And yes, Jackson, I think at 21 he shouldn't be having that kind of mop!

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2022 - Bayern Munich

(The DFB-Pokal 1st round game is included in this update despite being played in July).

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Aug2022_zps8688302d.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Aug2022_zps84ccbc0b.png

A terrific start to my reign with four wins from four.

Things started off well against Wolfsburg as we got an early goal to settle our nerves. Just before the break though it was 1-1 after we had fluffed a host of chances. Adri Geerts put us back ahead ten minutes into the second half in what would prove to be his last game for the club. We then wrapped it up in the 89th minute when Joao Pedro got his first goal at the Allianz Arena. The first half against Union Berlin was marvellous. We just tore through them at will, Joao Pedro notching twice, as we went 4-0 up before the break. The players slacked off a bit in the second period, and Union Berlin got a goal back in the 86th minute but the result was never in doubt. Champions Borussia Dortmund then came to town and we thumped them 3-0. Thiago gave us a great start after just four minutes and from there we just took total control. The second goal arrived early in the second half and then Robert Lewandowski wrapped it up with six minutes to go - a massive early win. The month was rounded off with a solid enough win at FC Köln, even if the scoreline does't suggest so. We scored twice early in the second half after dominating the first, and then just played keep-ball after that. We conceded a consolation late in the day, but it didn't effect things.

Lovely start, lets hope we can keep it up. After the international break it's Gladbach at home.

DFB-Pokal - 1st Round

CareerSave-BayernDFBPokalFixtures-Jul2022_zps1326138f.png

My first competitive game in charge, and it was a bit of a poor one against a third division side. we fell behind after just eight minutes when we were opened up on the counter attack. It took a while to grab an equaliser, but when it came it was Joao Pedro who got it on his debut. We got the winner with just eleven minutes to spare when Javi Martinez headed in from a corner.

In the second round we face Frankfurt at home.

Champions League League Group Stage Draw

Despite a poor showing in the competition last season, we were of course amongst the top seeds due to an awful lot of success in the competition in recent years. A few possible sides we could potentially face with clubs like Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, and Tottenham amongst the second seeds.

CareerSave-CLGroupDraw-Aug2022_zpsa50e8e59.png

A pretty favourable draw in all honesty. The only real worry for me is the game in Lyon. They have some super players.

Not a bad start at all. You sticking with the same tactics as at Spurs or have you tweaked them at all to suit the Bayern players?

Sticking with the same tactics as at Benfica and Tottenham. The players already at the club are versatile enough to play in the positions/roles in that system, and the players I've brought in are to suit the system.

Cracking start :thup:.

Thanks as always. :)

Barca must have had some bad times to fall to 2nd seeds.

They've yet to get past the first knockout round of the competition.

Joao Pedro, Bayern legend in the making.

Without a doubt. The goals are flowing in superb fashion.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - September 2022 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Sep2022_zps03ebdab6.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Sep2022_zps24f64c1c.png

Our marvellous start continues and we have now won seven out of seven.

The moth started with a 5-2 thumping of Gladbach. Joao Pedro and Robert Lewandowski both hit a brace as we rattled the goals in with some style. The disappinting aspect was the goal conceded, the second being a needless penalty when already leading 4-1. We then totally dominayed Freiburg, having 61% of the possession and 21 shots to their three. The goals we scored we no less than we deserved. The month was finished off with a good 3-1 win away at Hamburg. We dominated from the off and just three minutes into the second half we were 3-0 up ad the game all but over. As is so often the case with my teams thogh, we slacked off and let them back into it. Thankfully, it was just the one they got.

October starts with a visit of Frankfurt.

DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round

CareerSave-BayernDFBPokalFixtures-Sep2022_zpsdf67ab13.png

Not a good performance from us, but atleast we're through! We led inside the opening twenty minutes when Miguel Angel Ferreras scored a super goal. However, Frankfurth stormed back at us and by the 34th minute we trailed 2-1. Soon before halftime Thiago made it 2-2, but before halftime came we went 3-2 behind. We huffed and puffed in the second half but didnt look like scoring, but the 89th minute Noe Baba scrambled home from a corner to make it 3-3. We couldnt be seperated in extra time, so the penalties it went and we won shootout 6-5.

In the next round we're away at Gladbach.

Champions League - Group Stage

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Sep2022_zps7ca0dbc2.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Sep2022_zpsdc5935bc.png

A great start to the Champions League campaign with two wins from two.

We were outstanding away in Lyon, totally outclassing them. An early goal from Joao Pedro got the ball rolling, and Thomas Muller soon got a second to put us firmly in control. Lyon got one back early in the econd half, but Noe Baba restored the two goal cushion, and we ran out 3-1 winners. It was then a case of the late show against Zenit. They went ahead in the 65th minute, but with nine minutes left we got the equaliser and then roared into the lead soon after and got a third for good measure in stoppage time. A great 3-1 win.

We next face Celtic at home.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2022 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Oct2022_zps644f4d1c.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Oct2022_zps46c7543e.png

Three wins from four, but a worrying sign.

Things started in great fashion as we thumped Frankfurt 5-0. Robert Lewandowski hit a double, as did young substitute Gunther Lange in the second period. However, we then got give a bloody nose by Mainz. As usual we had the majority of the ball, but they tore us to shreads on the break. It was 3-0 at halftime and could have been more. We gave it a go in the second half, especially after getting a goal back early on, but we were well beaten. We bounced back with a good 3-0 win over Bochum with all the games coming in the opening period. A totally bonkers games rounded off the month as we beat Weder Bremen away from home. All our goals came in the first half, all to the same man, (Joao Pedro), and three of them penalties - yet remarkably Werder kept all eleven men on the field. They regrouped in the second half and got two goals back, but it was never enough. 4-2 the final score.

We begin November with a home match against Schalke.

Champions League - Group Stage

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Oct2022_zps531bd381.png

CareerSave-BayernCLTable-Oct2022_zps8f26797a.png

Well, this was rather poor to say the least. We had all the play and all the chances, but made poor mistakes at the back. Celtic took the lead in th 29th minute, but we soon responded through Thomas Muller. Cesare Scarchilli then grabbed another just two minutes later to send us into the break infront. We didn't create much in the second half, and in the end we paid for that as Celtic broke through with just eleven minutes to go to level the game at 2-2.

Annoying result, but still in a good position after three games.

Archived