Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to steady the ship after a couple of disappointing games following the Norwich win. Seems like so many clubs are poorly run by the AI. Some good work shifting that much from the wage bill.

Seeing how things are going, do you have a target in mind for a final position in the league? I know when you first took over you said as high as possible, but do you have a position in mind?

It has always been a problem with the AI on FM. This year isn't as bad as in previous years, but it's still a bit of a problem.

And no I don't really have a final position in mind, it's just a case of trying to win games at the minute. Fifth is a possibility though with not many points seperating a few teams.

Such uninventive transfers - a manager after my own heart :D

Haha well they were neccessitites at affordable prices. :D

Not a bad start at all. Cleared a huge amount on wages and a chance of silverware about 12 games in! Shame the top four are so far ahead, that will take some catching.

Not even contemplating the top four in all honesty. :(

121px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Tottenham 2020/21

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

CareerSave-SpursLCRunToFinal-2020-21_zps16f8931a.png

Well as you know I only took charge of the club when they were already at the semi-final stage. They seemed to have had the things relatively easy in the earlier rounds, with all three ties being at home. We faced a real tough tet against title contenders Chelsea in the semi's, and we put in a terrific performance in the first leg to beat them 4-2. We lost the second leg but still got through to the final with a 5-4 aggregate win.

The Final

vs. Blackburn Rovers

Just about everyone was fit and available for selection, with the exception of Adrien Rabiot and Luke Shaw who were both missing through injury. I decided to go with a more traditonal spearhead upfront, so Edin Dzeko came in for Raheem Sterling with Erick Lamela starting from the left.

CareerSave-LCFinal2021vsBlackburn_zpsfb06618c.png

Match Stats

What a dull game, but atleast we came out on top in the snooze fest.

We were in control for the off but didn't create many great chances. Blackburn tried to break at times but we mopped things up well when they did. My decision to start Dezko ended up being well justified as he scored what proved to be the winner; Mattheus attempted pull back was deflected into his path and the ball was tapped home from just a few yards. Blackburn created a few half chances late on when they went a bit more direct in search of an equaliser, but we were always pretty comfortably in control of things.

A poor game, but my first trophy in charge of Tottenham is secured, and with that we have qualified for next seasons Europa League. Not bad for just my seventeenth game in charge.

Another trophy in your cabinet :D

It's not THAT big just yet. :p

Congrats! Confirmation of European football too :D

Pleased about the European Football. Even with it being the Europa League, it'll help keep our reputation up and attract better players.

Didn't take long to win something :D

Landed on my feet a bit joining a team already in a semi-final! :D

Bruno Gama's Management Career - February 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareerSave-SpursPLFixtures-Feb2021_zpsacbdd1ac.png

CareerSave-SpursPLTable-Feb2021_zps15f5e8a3.png

A good month with three wins from three to see us jump from tenth to seventh with a couple of games in hand.

We started the month with a 1-0 win at home to Villa, but we struggled somewhat and had to rely on a freekick from Christian Eriksen to get the three points. A trip to Southampton followed and we put in what was our most complete performance under my management to win 3-0. The goals may have all come in the last half an hour, but they all arrived from two of the new signings which was also very pleasing. The month was rounded off with another 1-0 win, this time at home to Blackburn in what was a dress rehearsel for the League Cup Final. We scored early through Joao Pedro and that was enough to take the three points.

Our next league game isn't until March 14th, when we go to Wigan.

FA Cup - 4th Round Replay & 5th Round

CareerSave-SpursFACFixtures-Feb2021_zps6e4f72b2.png

Delighted to get through to the quarter finals of the FA Cup after two tough games.

We did dominate things against Wigan but had a hard time getting our goals as they just sat deep and looked to counter attack. A 2-0 win was just about right, and credit to Wigan for their spirited fight. Our reward was a fifth round tie against rivals Arsenal. We dominated early on and just after the half hour mark we were 2-0 to the good thanks to goals from Stefan Heltzen and Christian Eriksen. Arsenal got one back just before the break and really came at us strongly in the second half. We were able to hang on though and to the delight of our fans we were through to the quarter finals, knocking out our biggest rivals in the proccess.

In the quarter finals we travel to Crystal Palace.

League Cup - Final

CareerSave-SpursLCFixtures-Feb2021_zps124bf6f4.png

Trophy secured, and after just seventeen games in charge!

Despite putting out my strongest team, it wasn't a good performance in the slightest. We were in control for most of the game, and deservedly went ahead when Edin Dzeko tapped home eleven minutes before halftime. In the second half we were always in charge of things, and although Blackburn did manage to create some chances later on, we stood firm to win it 1-0.

Not a good performance, but the trophy was ours, as was European football for next season.

Europa League - 1st Knockout Round

CareerSave-SpursELFixtures-Feb2021_zps71685cb7.png

Two good peformances, especially the one in France.

Rennes performed really well in the first leg and had us on the backfoot alot of the time. We did take the lead with our first meaningful attack though when Edin Dzeko rounded the goalkeeper to score after a nice through ball from Luuk de Jong. We then at deep and countered, but it was to little effect until late in the day when Francisco Martinez slid in to convert from close range. The second leg was a real ding-dong battle. We went ahead within the first twenty minutes, but Rennes hit back early in the second half. We soon went 2-1 infront, but with a little over fifteen minutes to go Rennes got back on level terms again. In added time though Edin Dzeko got his second to make it 3-2 and take the tie 5-2 on aggregate.

In the next round we face Schalke, with the first leg at home.

I would imagine the Champions League is a little out of reach, but a domestic cup double wouldn't be too bad :p.

My thoughts exactly. A pity really I didn't join three or four games earlier as I really think we could have made a push for the top four. Unfortunately that'll be beyond us without a big drop in form from a current top four side.

Good stuff against Rennes in the 'konckout'

Haha I do try to proof read but obviously had a little slip there. :D

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March/April 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

March

CareerSave-SpursPLFixtures-Mar2021_zpsd59b9157.png

Three wins from three and we're on the charge!!

We put in a decent performance against Wigan as we came from behind having conceded early to go 2-1 ahead before the half hour mark. The game remained that way throughout the rest of the contest and we secured the points. Three days later we had a pretty dour performance againt Hull, but a brace from Erik Lamela, one a stoppage time penalty, gave us all three points. The month was rounded off with a very tough game against Leeds. We were 2-0 up after jut 21 minutes, but Leeds got one back before halftime, and then gave us a right battering in the second half until we cracked and they equalised. With just six minutes to go though Joao Pedro got his second of the game with a lovely solo effort to snatch us the three points.

April

CareerSave-SpursPLFixtures-Apr2021_zpsd5c58f3c.png

CareerSave-SpursPLTable-Mar-Apr2021_zps3c607f58.png

A really strange month as we won our three away games but only drew our two at home.

We totally controlled the Fulham game but failed to score as many goals as we should have. With nine minutes to go we were punished when Fulham won a penalty and took the chance to equalise. We bounced back from that with a great comeback win at Everton After thirtyfour minutes we were 2-0 down and staring down the barrell of defeat. On the stroke of halftime though we got one back, and then in the second half we pummeled them. We eventually equalised with sixteen minutes to go, and just a minute later we went 3-2 ahead. We then soaked up some late Everton pressure to take the points. A lovely domineering performance at Norwich followed as we swept them aside by two goals to nil with minimal fuss. Man City then came to New White Hart Lane, and we were just class. It wasn' a typical performance as we didn't have much possession, but our play on the counter was first class. Just before the hour we deservedly took the lead through Erik Lamela, but eventually City managed a shot on target, (from all of 25 yards for christ's sake!!) and found an equaliser. The month was rounded off with a truly sensational win away at Arsenal. We totally dominated things throughout the match and it should have bee more handsome than 2-1, but I was thrilled nonetheless. Just four minutes before the break Joao Pedro put us ahead. We continued in the same vein throughout the second half and a second eventually came from the penalty spot with seventeen minutes to go. Arsenal got one back with five minutes remaining, but we held on with little fuss to secure all three points.

Six points off fourth and we only have three games to go. It's highly unlikely. Up next we have relegation threatened Nottingham Forest.

FA Cup Quarter & Semi Finals

March & April

CareerSave-SpursFACFixtures-Mar-Apr2021_zpsaf5b4fb1.png

Disappointing but very proud.

We were terrific in the quarter finals away at Championship high-fliers Crystal Palace. Vlad Chiriches scored twice in the opening nine minutes, (one from a corner, another a smart finish from just inside the box), and then Erik Lamela made it 3-0 within the opening fifteen minutes. Palace soon grabbed one back but just after half an hour captain Sandro made it 4-1! The game petered out in the second half and 4-1 it finished. In the semi-final we gave as good as we got against Manchester United before eventually losing on penalties. We took the lead through that man Erik Lamela yet again, but United his back in first half stoppage time. In the second half the game was and excellent end-to-end affair, but neither us or United could find the net. Extra time went by in much the same way, before we failed in the shootout. Disappointing, but we played excellently against a great side.

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round

March

CareerSave-SpursELFixtures-Mar2021_zps24a6a406.png

Two great games agaisnt Schalke, but penalties did for us in the end. The first leg saw us lead twice, but Schalke peg us back both times. Their second equaliser came with just five minutes to go and it was really disheartening to say the least. We had a nightmare for most of the second leg and at one stage trailed 2-0. We rallied though, and got one back through Edin Dzeko before Mattheus popped up with an equaliser in the 93rd minuute to take it to extra time. No real scoring chances we created in the extra 30mins, and the Germans took the better penalties to knock us out after a 4-4 aggregate draw.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - May 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareerSave-SpursPLFixtures-May2021_zpsb06a912a.png

CareerSave-SpursPLTable-May2021_zps370a0e05.png

Not the most thrilling end to the season, but I was happy enough with seven points from three games.

We opened the month with a 1-1 draw at Nottingham Forest in what really wasn't our best display of late. They took the lead in the 16th minute after putting a fair bit of pressure on us early on, but we hit back five minutes before halftime. We got control of the game in the second period but couldn't find a winner. That was followed up with a 1-0 win over West Brom. Erik Lamela grabbed the goal after just five minutes, and christ it was dull after that as we failed to turn possession into goals. Our final game of the season was another dull 1-0 home win, this time against Stoke. Early on they performed well and had us under some pressure, but after we took the lead in the twenty-fifth minute that was that; we kept the ball and conceded very little ground for Stoke to play in, and secured a 1-0 win.

Fifth. I'm very pleased with that.

You can take a lot from your arrival at the club. A brilliant run of form gives you a brilliant base for next season.

Forty-four points from nineteen games. :cool:

Seriously speaking, I'm delighted with how we did, and I totally agree with what you say. A bit more squad reshaping is required though as I have a few players who are moving on in the summer.

I thought you was joking on Twitter when you said your side would be gash without Lamela but looking at the goals he scored I can see why. Fifth is a good achievement though and I look forward to seeing what you can do next season.

I thought you was joking on Twitter when you said your side would be gash without Lamela but looking at the goals he scored I can see why. Fifth is a good achievement though and I look forward to seeing what you can do next season.

A kidder doesn't kid, Cle. :D

Errr yeah, we'd in a right mess without him. After I took the job he scored a further 16 goals to add to the 12 he scored in the opening half of the season. To be fair, Joao Pedro did manage 11 goals after joining from Benfica in January, so it wasn't quite just down to Lamela.

Got a problem now though that he's concerned about us not making Champions League football. This is really an area the game could be improved upon as I should be able to explain to him that I only took the job midseason rather than him criticising me for it. :(

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Review 2020/21 - Tottenham

Premier League

Results 1 (Before I Took Over) - Results 2

Final Table (5th - Europa League Spot)

I'm absolutely thrilled with how we performed in the second half of the campaign after I took charge.

We were in a bit of a state when I took over, sitting down in 12th place with just twenty-four points from nineteen games. After a couple of poor opening results against Newcatle and Chelsea in which we collected just one point and conceded seven goals, things really changed. Before the end of the month we thumped West Ham, beat Liverpool, and then took a point away at league leaders Manchester United. With a couple of deadline day additions and the team adapting to how I want to play, we went on a cracking run from the start of February to mid April winning eight out of nine matches. In the end we finished fifth and just three points off the top four having been sixteen adrift when taking the job.

It was a cracking turnaround in fortunes and gives me great hope for next season.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the Semi-Finals

A good run, but we just fell at the semi-final stage. A standout result for me was actually the win over Norwich as it was my first in charge of the club. Of course beating Arsenal so early in my tenure, (just my thirteenth game in charge), was also hugely pleasing. We played really well in the semi-final against Manchester United in what was a real good game of football, but in the end we lost on penalties. I was of course disapointed, but we did ourselves proud against a great set of players.

League Cup

Winners

A very strange one for me, as I came out with a trophy after managing just three games in the competition. The previous manager got the club to the semi-final stage having had three home games in a row in the earlier rounds. In that semi-final we faced Chelsea, and put in two really great performances, even in the econd leg in which we lost 2-1. Still, we advanced to the final 5-4 on aggregate. In the final we faced Blackburn, and we came out on top in what was a really tight affair. Edin Dzeko got the winner, one of his last for the club, as we won 1-0.

Excellent to get a trophy in the cabinet so early in the job, (my seventheenth game with Tottenham). Hopefully it will be the first of many.

Europa League

Eliminated in the 2nd Knockout Round

Well I wasn't in charge of the group stage, which the club absolutely breezed through! Fair play to the previous, he got a lot wrong but did excellently here. I've got to be honest and say that this compeition wasn't a priority of mine really when I took over, but we could have done with an easier draw after seeing off Rennes in the 1st Knockout Round. Schalke are a great side and have some lovely players, so I felt we did well to compete do well with them. In the end we went out on penalties, but the side I put out gave it their all so I was happy enough.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

Not loads of players used here, but one of two extra would be on the list had they not been sold late in the January window. Could do with a couple more quality players to bolster numbers next term so I can look to keep players fresh as I regulalry kept the same starting XI from around March onwards.

Loads of transfer business, but of course only the stuff below the redlines were after I joined. I brought in three players from former club Benfica for around £44million and sold players totalling about £26million, but the aim of offloading players was to get some big wages off the bill. This summer could be a big one with more players looking like going.

The finances have of course taken a bit of a battering despite me saving money on wages. With the players I signed alot of the fee's had to be paid upfront to push the deals through, and that is why things have taken a bit of a hit. With no Champions League football next season things might get worse before they get better.

Top 3 Players

Erik Lamela

This was just so obvious - without him we would have been screwed. He scored 28 goals during the course of the season, 16 of them coming after I took charge. He was the driving force for us, and thankfully he has been persuaded to stay despite us not getting into the Champions League.

Stefan Heltzen

He's pretty much everything you want in a central defender and e's going to be central to the club taking the next step. A real warrior and more than likely a future captain.

Sandro

Struggled early on in my tenure as I chopped and changed tactics, but once I settled on a system he played really well in the role given too him. He may be ageing, but he seems to be doing so gracefully. Still has a lot of football left in him.

What Next

Get down to the recruitment proccess for next season. As of now I'm unsure of what kind of a budget I will be given, but I do know I have already sold a couple of players for £22million, so hopefully I get the majority of that to reinvest in the squad.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Bukovyna

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season    |  League            |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2015/16  |  Premyer-Liha  |  9th         |                                                       |  Beaten in Europa Lge Playoff Rnd
| 2016/17  |  Premyer-Liha  |  16th       |  Relegated                                     |  
| 2017/18  |  Persha Liha     |  9th         |                                                       |  
| 2018/19  |  Persha Liha     |  1st          |  Promoted as Champs                   |  
| 2019/20  |  Premyer-Liha  |  13th       |                                                       | 
| 2020/21  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       | 

Well they may have only finished one place higher than the previous season, but it still signals progress. They did have less points than last seaosn though, so they have to improve upon tha next term.

Brighton

| Season    |  League            |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
| 2017/18  |  Premier Lge    |  20th       |  Relegated                                     |
| 2018/19  |  Champ'ship     |  9th         |                                                       |
| 2019/20  |  Champ'ship     |  16th       |                                                       |
| 2020/21  |  Champ'ship     |  7th         |                                                       |

A much better season as they missed out on the playoffs by just a point. Definite progress after the previous year.

Benfica

| Season    |  League               |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
Left the club in December 2020 to join Tottenham - Roberto Mancini was my replacement

| 2020/21  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga winners.

Fair play to Mancini, he kept up my marvellous start to the season, but he spent a fortune in January and increased the wage bill by a huge amount which really cheesed me off.

Before I left we had won 13 out of 13 games, and Mancini finished the season with 28 wins and 2 draws - an unbeaten season, something I am proud to have been a part of. He also won both domestic cups to complete the domestic treble. However, he failed miserably in the Champions League, going out 5-3 on aggregate to Celtic in the first knockout round.

Great first season with Spurs - interested to see where you strengthen over the summer

Thanks. :)

The strengthening will depend on how I decide to play - I may have something new tactically up my sleeve, meaning a couple of positions, particularly upfront, will need to be strengthened as I rarely used a proper striker from March time.

Read this from start to finish in one go last week. The Wage Structure you had at Benfica was quality, despite that You winning the UCL was quite an achievement.

A really good half season to Finish 5th. Also feels good to see Liverpool down in 13th. :p

Looking forward to more of this.

Read this from start to finish in one go last week. The Wage Structure you had at Benfica was quality, despite that You winning the UCL was quite an achievement.

A really good half season to Finish 5th. Also feels good to see Liverpool down in 13th. :p

Looking forward to more of this.

Glad you read it through and hope you stick with it. :)

No matter what else I do in this career I think winning that Champions League with the wage structure I had in place at Benfica will be my greatest achievement in all honesty.

Fantastic season considering where you were when you took over. Lamela look every bit worth that £175k-a-week he is getting.

£20m shirt deal is amazing for Spurs, it should go some way to improving the losses there at the moment. Looking forward to the summer rebuilding.

Fantastic season considering where you were when you took over. Lamela look every bit worth that £175k-a-week he is getting.

£20m shirt deal is amazing for Spurs, it should go some way to improving the losses there at the moment. Looking forward to the summer rebuilding.

Lamela is frankly brilliant - it's just a pity he's 29. :(

We also have an away kit deal worth £18.32million a year that will be up for renewal in a years time. All in all we make £50million from sponsorship deals a year. The only poor deal we have in place is the Stadium sponosorship - it's worth just £5million a year and is in place until 2029. It really could be worth so much more.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Preview 2021/22 - Tottenham

Board Expectations

Premier League - Qualify for Champions League

FA Cup - Reach Semi-Finals

League Cup - Not important

Europa League - Reach Quarter-finals

Personal Expectations

Premier League - Same as the board

FA Cup - Not a priority

League Cup - Rotate the squad

Europa League - Not a priority

Understandable expectations in the league, and I fully intend to match them. Fourth would be nice, but I'd prefer the top three to avoid habving to play in the qualifying roud though. Realitically I'm not too bothered about the competitions, but I guess some effort will have to be made to keep the board happy.

Budgets

Transfer: £24,176,376

Wages: £1,846,323 p/w (Currently spending £1,611,411)

Balance: £25,434,543 (+£44,762,615)

The transfer budget is great really as I've already brought in one or two players for big enough fee's before the season turnaround. The financial situation is terrific, and personally I think it's partly down to the cost cutting I implemented as soon as I joined aswell as us getting this seasons sponsorship money in and last seasons Premier LEague prize money.

More of the cost cutting may well take place over the course of the summer, however I won't be scared to sign players up to big contracts, (Erik Lamela has recently renewed at £175,000 p/w and Christian Eriksen at £155,000 p/w) should it be for the right player(s).

You have an away shirt deal, too? That's crazy money. No wonder you're not afraid to offer the big deals for the right players. My top earner is on €27,000 and he's not even a first team player. He will be heading off this summer if I can find a taker for him.

You have an away shirt deal, too? That's crazy money. No wonder you're not afraid to offer the big deals for the right players. My top earner is on €27,000 and he's not even a first team player. He will be heading off this summer if I can find a taker for him.

Well I hope we can increase the kit deals further by us getting into the Champions League. Then we can really start raking it in! :D

And I thought I was doing well having €30m in the bank...

My balace in only just over £34million, so we're not hugely rich or anything like that! Of course getting in a load of money through TV rights throughout the season will help. It's £875,000 per live match.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2021/22 - Tottenham

Transfers

CareersSave-SpursSummerTransfers-2021-22_zps12deb9db.png

Despite not being in the Champions League, the baord were able to afford me a decent transfer budget aswell as 100% of all sales to reinvest in the squad. With that in mind I set about getting rid of those who I no longer wanted at the club or who had been moaning about a lack of game time towards the end of last season, no matter how much I valued them.

With that in mind, Denny Grueso, Sergi Samper, Robert Ball, and Nathaniel Clyne were allowed to leave for as much as I could get for them, despite the fact I would have happily kept them in the squad. Luuk de Jong wasn't in my plans from the start of my tenure and thankfully we got his wages of around £60,000 p/w off the books aswell as making half the money back the club paid out for him last summer. Gael Durand (21) and Cabecao (22) were both out on loan last term and simply not needed going forward. The others who left for free were also surplus to requirements.

Here are the nine players that came into the club over the summer;

Osman Güven

A frankly outstanding free transfer. He left Galatasary in summer 2020 and for some reason failed to find a new club. He was touted to me by an agent, and I had to take him.

Pedro Rodrigues

My captain during my final months at Benfica, and signing him became a priority as I took over at Tottenham. The majority of the fee is nicely spread over several months, so the £17million fee isn't a big hit to the club.

Sergio Busquets

Signed because of his tutoring capabilities - he has some superb PPM's. His experience will definitely come in handy though.

Gerardo Fazio

A young central defender I tried to sign while at Benfica, I'm delighted t have got him in for nothing. He needs a bit of work in some areas but has all the making over a very player.

Gerard Deulofeu

A good loan signing indeed. Thoroughly believe he will could well be very valuable to us, be it outwide or more likely centrally.

Vitor

Not my first target, but thrilled I found him. My initial target was Foguete from Benfica, but when his Work Permit application was rejected I had to look elsewhere. He cost £10million cheaper than Foguete would have done too!

Neto

Short term loan until January, signed after Hugo Lloris was ruled out on the eve of the season for a few weeks.

Sergio Alves

Another youngster from Benfica. The fee is a bit more than I'd have liked, but I'm confident I can make a very good player of him with more game time than I was able to give to him in Portugal.

Ricardo Kishna

Joined on a free on transfer deadline day after Gerard Deulofeu was injured and ruled out for 5-6 weeks. Could well come in handy as a back-up.

Preseason Friendlies

CareersSave-SpursPreseasonFixtures-2021-22_zps468c1503.png

A load of goals scored to help the confidence going into the new season, but a few too many conceded for my liking. During preseason I was able to give testimonials to both Sandro and Kyle Walker, which was very pleasing indeed after all their loyal service to the club over the years. Anyway the season is now upon us, and we open up with the first Monday Night Football of the season at home to West Bromwich Albion.

Great to see you finished 5th :thup: Brilliant signings you have made for your team. Guven looks immense :cool:

He does yes, it's just getting him in the team that is going to be difficult as I'm very settled with my Support Striker/False Nine combo of Erik Lamela and Joao Pedro.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Aug2021_zps9ad48443.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Aug2021_zps126b39a2.png

A good start to the season with seven points from three games.

We started the season with a good 3-0 win at home to West Brom. After a sloppy first half we took the lead early in the second period through a cracking Christian Eriksen freekick. João Pedro added another fifteen minutes later before rounding it off eighteen minutes from time with his second of the game. Fulham then gave us a very tough match next and deservedly took a point off us, equalising Erik Lamela's penalty with just eight minutes to go. The month was rounded off with a real test against Manchester United that was passed with flying colours. It was a real good football match, with both sides looking to attack. Thankfully it was us who created the better chances, and indeed took them, one just after the hour and the other in stoppage time on the counter. A cracking 2-0 win.

After the internationnal break we face a trip north to face Bolton.

Archived