[FM 14] Tactic 4-1-3-2 MBB

My tactic is a 4-1-3-2

Like any Villa manager, the '5' year project to restore Villa.

97fy.jpg

As Villa, they have no money to spend and the deadwood are unsellable to gain cash.

o868.jpg

yoxo.jpg

2 of the best results of the season :

whc6.jpg

8w6f.jpg

Final league pos for 2013-2014 :

tpjs.jpg

Now yes I haven't won the title, made it into the top 6 or won a cup but don't take anything away with the resources Villa have & the player pool they have.

I'm in my 2nd season with Villa, 8th in the table 18th March, so I must be doing something right.

Please feel free to download it : http://www.mediafire.com/?jg73f58z69h58c1

Version 2 of the tactic : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0b31sqry9ydt98x/4-4-2+MBB++V2.tac

Please feel free to give feedback should you use it.

I'm tinkering a little. I'm with Liverpool so I've done the following:

- Against stronger teams switch to Control rather than Attacking

- Added Run at Defence (as I have the likes of Coutinho and Sterling with good pace, accel and dribbling and have added Shaw + Perruzi in Season 2)

- Removed Swap flanks (as Coutinho struggles on the right)

- Added Shoot on Sight as I've some strong strikers (Lewandowski joined in the Summer on a free)

Still early days but just had best result of the season:

eViZGRx.png

Although I didn't appear to dominate the game in terms of possession, Madrid created very little and were on the back foot for most of the game.

Tinkering...not a fan of lol.

But i would suggest to anyone that if u have wingers that can't play on either side REMOVE the swap sides option.

My 2nd season I finished 8th, progress is being made with my team.

Looking at breaking into the top 6, maybe a late push for 4th....on the 3rd season.

Had an amazing 5-0 home win v Chelsea too.

I'm quite surprised just how well the tactic works, considering the past attempts I've had in previous years.

Thanks for the awesome tactic.I have tweaked the team instructions to better suit my team and style overall, but yours are a solid base. As you can see im enjoying some solid success thus far, so hopefully my team can finish the second half on a continued high! Thanks again Wyer!

FCInternazionale_TacticsOverview_zps38109a44.png

FCInternazionale_MatchesSchedule_zps0cd5ee61.png

Glad you are enjoying my tactic.

I'm just starting my 4th season with Villa, the only thing different I am doing is not swapping wings.

I've had the best start to a season so far and my team has really taken shape.

I'll be sticking with this formation for the foreseeable future.

Wyer, how do you modify your tactic for away fixtures? To be honest with ya, I'm doing pretty fine in home matches, bu away games give me headache.

I don't change it for for away matches, I'm not having any difficulties away.

Congrats on the title win :)

I've not played much the past few days but I'm keeping this tactic as one of two that I use in the game, this one being the more defensive for those games where that is appropriate. I'll generally swap in some less attacking wide players - for example Henderson in the RM position instead of Sterling - to give a bit more solidity.

Was muddling around trying to get my usual 4-4-2 Diamond to work with Cambridge, was 1-3-3 and having trouble scoring. Gave this a shot out of desperation, last two matches, 3-1 and 4-2 victories and the play is looking much more fluid. Can't wait until the squad becomes totally competent in this tactic. Only change I made was to take out swapping, well done Wyer!!!

Was muddling around trying to get my usual 4-4-2 Diamond to work with Cambridge, was 1-3-3 and having trouble scoring. Gave this a shot out of desperation, last two matches, 3-1 and 4-2 victories and the play is looking much more fluid. Can't wait until the squad becomes totally competent in this tactic. Only change I made was to take out swapping, well done Wyer!!!

On the uploaded version the wingers do swap but I took that off myself a while back.

I did say in the thread that if the wingers can't play on each side then remove swap.

Glad you like it and good luck!!

Thank you very much for this tactic... I have performed above expectations in those seasons i´ve played with Fiorentina, FC Porto & Everton:-) I even won the CHL with FC Porto..... Very good tactic:-)

Thank you & glad you liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

tried this v2 with Liverpool - great in preseason but terrible in league - newstartup game - i bought ayew for ML. maybe sterling is too young? 14th in league, lost to swansea 2-1 twice in a week :-(

Archived