Sports Interactive Community
Atytse

Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

From Singapore,

After contacting Sega as advised, they requested for a photo of the game, receipt and my name and email address on a piece of paper, I was able to get an activation code from them, and it works!

Kind of frustrated that the code issue happens in the first place while pleased that it is resolved within 3 days, hopefully this does not happen in the future.

I've talked to my local reseller about this issue and here is what they said about it (also fortunately they were kind enough to make a refund):

After my reseller acquired the keys for the game, they (not sure who "they" are, SI Games or SEGA) decided to make seperate keys for beta and the full game, and most of the keys around has been reduced to beta only. My reseller says thats the reason they can't do anything about it because they do not have second keys and making refunds to everyone. I'm confused as hell.

I don't get it... How can some people be getting their main game keys sent and others not after buying from the same company. Sent yet another email to CJS asking when it will be available. This is getting ridiculous and I'm getting very angry about it. On their product description it clearly states:

This is a genuine, Out-Of-The-Box Football Manager 2014 CD Key for Steam.

All keys now in stock with instant delivery!

So where is my key? Looks like I need to ask for a refund, wish me luck

Where did you buy from? 14.1.1 is still the BETA/Demo version...

I bought it from fast2play and yes, I know, it simply won't activate the release version when I activate the code

I tried to reinstall it twice, deleted the steam registry, verified the game cache a few times and restarted steam as well, but nothing worked

I bought it from fast2play and yes, I know, it simply won't activate the release version when I activate the code

I tried to reinstall it twice, deleted the steam registry, verified the game cache a few times and restarted steam as well, but nothing worked

I have the same issue. What are we supposed to do?

From Singapore,

After contacting Sega as advised, they requested for a photo of the game, receipt and my name and email address on a piece of paper, I was able to get an activation code from them, and it works!

Kind of frustrated that the code issue happens in the first place while pleased that it is resolved within 3 days, hopefully this does not happen in the future.

Lucky you. Sega also provide me a new code but it didn't work, and they still haven't worked out anything else for me. I'm from Vietnam.

I have the same issue. What are we supposed to do?

I sent an e-mail to sega to see if my code might be another beta code

I also sent another mail to fast2play and told them to send me the right code this time

Also got problems with CJS keys. My main game code still to appear. Absolute garbage.

Have you had yours yet? I'm still waiting. Is this even legal what is happening? Getting really fed up and even considering not bothering at all now.

Yeah i ordered my game from gamefly digital and i only received the code for the beta. I'm experiencing the same problems as everyone else where my copy hasn't been updated to the full game and im still playing in the beta.

This is absolutely disgusting just got this reply from Sega

Hello,

The retailer sold you only a beta key, it is not the one for the full version.

So please get in contact with the shop again you ordered the game from, for further assistance(refund or second key).

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot assist you further on this occasion.

So i paid for a game where my retailer is telling me it was only one key and they no nothing about the second key

What can i do?????

Do what Sega said - contact the retailer and complain. That's what you can do. :)

I have but sega knows ive paid for the game as i have got the Beta version

I have but sega knows ive paid for the game as i have got the Beta version

But it's the retailer who won't give you the product you've paid for - which means your issue is with them. You should request the proper key and tell them that otherwise you're gonna demand a refund or do a chargeback, if you've paid with a credit card or Paypal.

This is absolutely disgusting just got this reply from Sega

Hello,

The retailer sold you only a beta key, it is not the one for the full version.

So please get in contact with the shop again you ordered the game from, for further assistance(refund or second key).

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot assist you further on this occasion.

So i paid for a game where my retailer is telling me it was only one key and they no nothing about the second key

What can i do?????

At least you have only 1 key. I have 2 keys, but dishonest retailer sold me a region locked one and reject my requests for a refund.

I used CJS-CDKEYS and have encountered no problems. When the game was released I went on to my account on their website and the second key was there. Went straight to Steam and entered code and it downloaded 14.1.2 update.

Have you had yours yet? I'm still waiting. Is this even legal what is happening? Getting really fed up and even considering not bothering at all now.

No, I've had an email about 5 hours ago saying they will send my code within an hour. They are useless.

Why are we not getting any info here?

It can not be true, that SEGA cant figure out what went wrong here. Even if the mistake happened at the retailer, the retailers supplier, or at SEGA, this is very bad service policy. It is now 4 days ago that this game was released, and we are getting no answers, and no info on this issue.

Contacting SEGA doesnt even help here. They just claim that they only deal with technical issues, and push us onto the retailers, that seem clueless regarding the region restrictions, and believed that the keys they already have sent to costumers, where global keys.

If only somebody could show some courage here, and give a statement, regarding what went wrong, or at least what is being done to help costumers.

If SEGA or SI care just a little bit about their costumers, they would get to the bottom of this, and find a solution as fast as possible, even if it is not their mistake.

All that is done at the moment, is that the costumer is being bounced around, with nobody taking responsibility or showing interest in helping. Really bad policy for a company.

I am actually shocked at both SEGA an SI's lack of interest, in finding out what went wrong here. Seems you guys are just happy that you sold a lot of games, but dont care about buyers of your game. It should be quite easy for you guys to follow the path here, to find where the mistake happened.

Seeing how little they care about this issue which we can't play the game even though we paid for it, I am never buying another SEGA game again. And this includes Football Manager as well.

And still, someone from SEGA has to make an official explanation here. This is unbelieveable.

There have often been regional restrictions on buying the game, but this block on activating the game - after the customer has purchased it, is new.

In SEGA's defence, when I initially bought the game from one of their preferred suppliers, Gamefly, they cancelled my order (before the BETA saying, "We have since been informed that this game will not be available for activation in your country location, for which we apologize".

Of course when I successfully activated the BETA, I thought they were liars or mistaken, but it turns out that their information was spot on. I then ordered from Amazon, who though a preferred supplier, had no way of knowing that I wasn't in the UK, because I used a UK address / bank card etc. Amazon have also offered to refund my money and pay for return postage, which was very nice of them.

So perhaps SEGA did adequately warn their suppliers about this problem

The trouble is that they didn't warn us - the customers. Either SEGA or Steam have made a deliberate move to block those who have purchased the game from being able to play it. Did they have a legal obligation to do this? Were they breaking trade agreements before this when activation was global.

Even in the unlikely event that they had to do this, it has resulted in problems for anybody who legitimately purchased the game from a market that isn't their home. Frankly not everybody does shop exclusively in their home country. A large part of China's economy is based on the idea that foreigners like to buy our tat and have it exported to them.

I can't pretend to understand trade agreements, licensing etc, but it is extremely naive to expect everybody to use the internet like going no further than their local corner store, especially when it comes to purchasing software.

I understand that each country has it's laws on what can and can't be sold, but blocking the download of purchased software from country to country is ridiculous for a seller to do, unless they have a legal obligation; in which case, were they breaking the law before?

Why exactly is Football Manager a region specific title anyway? I've just noticed that I received a message from Neil Brock, though I'm beginning to realise that maybe like Santa Claus, he has a lot of elves who write letters on his behalf. Anyway Neil said that China is seen as a hub for piracy; which it certainly is. It's a fair point. However, it's a problem if SI are also making it more difficult to buy the game legitimately.

Anyway, as this forum shows, computer gaming is a worldwide and social activity. The whole notion of region specific titles really needs to be reconsidered by SEGA. Nothing about this whole incident has damaged my opinion of SI, Amazon, Gamefly. in fact all three companies have gone up in my opinion.

But SEGA are acting like a monolithic behind the times giant that doesn't care about their customers. We're SI's bread and butter, but I think to SEGA we're barely even crumbs.

* Hello, nothing new here, just my experience:

I bought on 23rd Oct the SteamKey from FasterGameShop (Turkey), key sent after 40 minutes and activated/installed with no problems, and the FM14 product page just shown the following details:

"Region Free: This product is not restricted to any region. Active on whether the entire world can be played."

(URL Product Page: http://fastergameshop.com/football-manager-2014-eu-steam-key&filter_name=foot

Moreover, today I see this added info in red (as you can see from the above URL also):

"Region Of The Code is Turkey, We are not responsible for any upcoming restrictions. Buy at your own risk

You can make Updates from Turkish VPN, Please look this topic about VPN."

As many of us, I'm still playing the BETA stuck at v14.1.1 - Obviously there is nothing to do with Steam cache and so on here.

By the way, at every mail I send to their customer support they prontly answer with this "pre-written" answer:

"Currently we have problem with Football Manager 2014 Steam keys. We contact to our European Supplier about this problem but they are not answering because they are in Halloween Holiday. So we will solve this problem until Tuesday. You will get new full version key or you will get refund. All will be clear on Tuesday."

It's a bit in contrast with what it's written in the FM14 product page where is written in red that is a "Turkish Region Code" with no refund or responsabilities from them (but when I made the order, it was not written!).

Despite all (I hope to get the full key on Tuesday or about, or refund), I agree with some of the last posts: Steam or SEGA/SI created all this mess (not wanted, but it's the cruel reality) and they "allowed" their Suppliers to sell SteamKeys without paying more attention about the region issue. They can't leave customers with just an easy answer "we can do nothing, speak with the shop" and wash their hands. They MUST to support customers, always, because somebody (NOT the final paying customer FOR SURE!) made a really clear mistake here. So, SEGA/SI/STEAM/SUPPLIERS, take your responsabilities and resolve problems about Keys/Region; Then, SEGA/SI/STEAM, if the mistake is caused from SUPPLIERS only, ban them from releasing future products through your official networks and force them to refund customers (or give them working Keys). The only mistake (?) from customers here is to have choosen an online shop with the cheaper price and, with all honesty, with the economic crisis around us, can we call it "mistake"?

Regards

The least that could be done here, is to publish a list, of the countries that are blocked from activating the game. Because there is no point in our retailers, trying to get us a new code, if our country is blocked. Then no key will work anyway.

Hi, I am from Singapore and just bought the game, and face the country restriction problem. I emailed Sega and they replied "the Version of “Football Manager 2014” from Singapore is a region specific title." But I am in Singapore! They are obviously not interested in solving the problem. I called the shop and went through the installation and face the same problem. Can anyone help? I was hoping to play the game during the Christmas holidays, but looks like I'll be spending the holidays trying to install the game. Great Christmas present from Sega indeed.