Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

I have the same problem with the key being locked to a region.

I was on vacation in Asia last week and I bought the game when I saw the deal from GMG.

And now I am in a different country and I can't get the code to work.

I opened a ticket with GMG and they are not helping at all, I asked for a new key with a different region and then a refund. They refused both requests.

Now I have paid for the game but I have a key that I can't use.

Here are their replies:

"We have given the correct key for your region of purchase. We are unable to amend this key to another region as this will break agreements we have with publishers/developers and we are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause."

"I am sorry to hear that you want a refund on this product but unfortunately I am unable to give you a refund on this item as we have already sent you the licence key. Part of our Terms & Conditions and refund policy, state that once the key has been distributed, we are unable to give a refund on the purchase.

For more information, please visit http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/about/refund-policy/"

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I let my friend bought the game.

Then I got the Key,I think this is beta key.

But now,My game's version Still 14.1.1

I can't upgrade to Full game!!!!!

Some guys said that 「There must be another key」

But I didn't get it. I think it should be send the mail to me,but I didn't get it

Can anyone give me a answer???

BTW.I'm come from Taiwan.

I let my friend bought the game.

Then I got the Key,I think this is beta key.

But now,My game's version Still 14.1.1

I can't upgrade to Full game!!!!!

Some guys said that 「There must be another key」

But I didn't get it. I think it should be send the mail to me,but I didn't get it

Can anyone give me a answer???

BTW.I'm come from Taiwan.

Where did you buy from?

Please some help here ... I bought the game from g2play.net and as someone mentioned on the forums here, key is supposed to work in the full version of the game:

Beta access included! Beta access transfers into full game upon release date!

Available languages: EN, BR, CZ, DK, ES, FR, IT, NO, NL, PL, PT, RU, TR, GR, SE

But, I am stucked at 14.1.1 ... Tried everything from the forum ( log out, restart, uninstall, etc. ) but still won't update to new version! Btw I am from Croatia

Please help! Tnx

Please some help here ... I bought the game from g2play.net and as someone mentioned on the forums here, key is supposed to work in the full version of the game:

But, I am stucked at 14.1.1 ... Tried everything from the forum ( log out, restart, uninstall, etc. ) but still won't update to new version! Btw I am from Croatia

Please help! Tnx

Same problem mate, they are trying to sort it out apparently, there is no other way but to wait I'm afraid...

Unfortunately you still have to activate the product on Steam via game code, long gone are days when you would just insert disk and play.

Thats what i was trying to say

What gets me u need to pay for it to get access to the Beta download so they no u have paid so why the need for 2 keys????????????

Please help! Tnx

I have this issue as well. This is terribly frustrating.

Same problem mate, they are trying to sort it out apparently, there is no other way but to wait I'm afraid...

By them, do you mean G2Play? They had better be sorting it out :-/ Have you been able to contact their support? I mailed them this morning, but no answer yet. Their live chat has also been down all day. Otherwise I hope that SI can bring the solution.

Thats what i was trying to say

What gets me u need to pay for it to get access to the Beta download so they no u have paid so why the need for 2 keys????????????

I don't think they really know the answer to that, my retailer certainly doesn't. Why there are 2 keys, and somewhere only one (like in my instance); why somewhere game gets updated and somewhere don't etc... What to say, annoying as hell. Here in Croatia weekend starts today and I'm searching solutions in this forum, when I should be playing but what can you do, it's uncoordinated to high haven between the retailers, Sega, Steam and God knows who. At this time I'm just hoping for a solution, be it now or in 10 hours, point is to sort this out 'cos lots of people apparently have the same issues with updating Beta to Full game.

So after entering my 2nd key from GMG, I had to re-download the game. No problem. Now, unfortunately, I am stuck. The game downloaded 100%. I click play and get "completing installation" but it stays stuck at 2%. Restarting steam didn't work. Any advice?

danilo1899 i know your pain i was given 1 key only too

What upsets me the most that on the steam site it has said the beta version will update automatically to the full version when released, now they are telling us that we need two keys even there has been no mention of this before

Last year i bought also via amazon uk, all was fine with beta key and auto update ... now i have to wait till the postman rings and i´m at work and so i have additionally to wait 2 days ... :(

So after entering my 2nd key from GMG, I had to re-download the game. No problem. Now, unfortunately, I am stuck. The game downloaded 100%. I click play and get "completing installation" but it stays stuck at 2%. Restarting steam didn't work. Any advice?

Okay, I restarted my PC and Steam and I updated my graphics card drivers. Something worked. It is now going past 2%

bought the game from g2play.net,

DescriptionActivation Details

The game name in steam always said "Football Manager 2014" without "Beta" in name, like last year when i bought from a different retailer.

the game now wont transfer into full game.....veryfied cache a million times

Time for paypal chargeback? and then my steam account locked?

bought the game from g2play.net,

DescriptionActivation Details

The game name in steam always said "Football Manager 2014" without "Beta" in name, like last year when i bought from a different retailer.

the game now wont transfer into full game.....veryfied cache a million times

Time for paypal chargeback? and then my steam account locked?

Same thing here mate (only different retailer); there's quite a number of us here with the same problem. Contacted Sega couple of minutes ago so will keep you all posted as soon as they tell me something relevant to our situation.

My problem is different, I received 2 codes (1 beta and 1 for the full) beta worked perfectly, yesterday evening when I got the code for the full game I inserted it and installed update 14.1.1 (43mb), today the game is still stuck at 14.1.2 I tried to remove the cache, uninstall/re install. Nothing seemed to be working!

Well, I sent an email, but no when I want to check status of my ticket it says: "You do not have access to request #41464. It may have been solved or deleted."

Well, I can say for sure that is not solved ... so, is it deleted? :(

Ok, this is my situation:

I bought the game from Nuuvem, so it's region locked. When I bought it, there wasn't any advice for the regional lock.

I contacted Nuuvem support, and they reject to arrange a refund. They also said that I have to find someone brazilian to sell him my key.

2-3 hours ago I contacted Sega support for explain my situation, but still not answer.

Please, SI and Sega, next year makes something more clear, without so many regional locks and 2 different keys.

If you're having issues with your codes and you've contacted the retailer, please contact help@sega.co.uk for all code related issues. I'd suggest including your code and reciept in the email as well as evidence. Thanks.

Many thanks! I have just sent an email, including my key and receipt. I hope that the issue can be resolved soon, so that I may enjoy the end product.

Bought FM14 for the first time online earlier tonight from CJS CD Keys. Never again. Signed up and then went through long complicated process to buy, had email will code, activated code inside steam, downloaded game then find out it the preorder-beta version. FM shows version 14.1.1 and there's no update. No activation code for the full version. Emailed CJS, no reply. Fuming!!! No mention whatsoever on the site that it was the beta version I have just spent £23.99 on. Anyone else had this? Can't access some sections of the game.

Next time, I'm going retro, walking in the rain to the local shop and buying it on a disc. How can they be allowed to charge money for a beta version anyways?

Bought FM14 for the first time online earlier tonight from CJS CD Keys. Never again. Signed up and then went through long complicated process to buy, had email will code, activated code inside steam, downloaded game then find out it the preorder-beta version. FM shows version 14.1.1 and there's no update. No activation code for the full version. Emailed CJS, no reply. Fuming!!! No mention whatsoever on the site that it was the beta version I have just spent £23.99 on. Anyone else had this? Can't access some sections of the game.

Next time, I'm going retro, walking in the rain to the local shop and buying it on a disc. How can they be allowed to charge money for a beta version anyways?

Follow the advice Neil has given above, and get in contact with Sega

Hi Neil

I've been an SI customer for about 15 years now, and about 6 years ago you were really helpful in some kind of issue. I don't remember the issue, but I do remember how helpful you were, and since then I've had very high regard for your company.

So, I'm in China. I bought the game from Amazon; beta key worked, can't activate the full game in my region. (I have the activation code, because I got someone to send it to me). I know I'm not supposed to be able to play the game here, but in the past I've always managed it.

I don't want a refund from Amazon. I'm not unhappy with them. I bought the game knowing full well that I was trying to circumvent the 'system'. The only resolution I'd be happy with is being able to play the game.

It seems from this thread that the issue is quite widespread.

Are customers in region locked countries that have purchased the game, going to be able to play it? Is this going to happen? I haven't seen a message from SI on this thread giving a clear answer.

I appreciate that there are regions that you can't actually sell the game in. I do accept this. I suppose I'm asking that extraordinary measures aren't taken to prevent us playing the game when we have managed to purchase it.

I'm not having at go at SI or the mods on here (great work guys keeping us customers up to date and all) but this really is a total cok up if you ask me. I know it's done to prevent piracy etc... but I paid my money and expect to play the game straight away not have to wait for the inbox to pop with an activation code. Long for the days of going to the shop, buying a disc and manual, going home, installing and playing it...

Follow the advice Neil has given above, and get in contact with Sega

I've gotten my reply, it's a standard answer telling me to contact the retailer and ask for the second key. The problem is, I'm not getting any kind of response from the retailer.

I've gotten my reply, it's a standard answer telling me to contact the retailer and ask for the second key. The problem is, I'm not getting any kind of response from the retailer.

Hmmmm.... doesn't bode well for me then. In UK but still no activation key or reply from company or Sega

Archived