Sports Interactive Community
Atytse

Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

Jimbo, Liquid Cool.

Muchly thankings!!! I should really have remembered that from last year! Accept humble apologies for anyone's time I have wasted and a thousand thankings. Game now updated to 14.1.2.

I ordered from CJS-CDkeys it wouldn't update. I logged in to my account there to find a second key for the full game which they might have f****** mentioned at the beginning when i purchased the game and was given just one keywith absolutely no indication that it was for the beta only and that a second key would be generated on release day. I registered the new key with Steam which promptly spazzed out and wouldn't update the game. I restarted steam at which point it decided to re-download the entire game.

Jimbo, Liquid Cool.

Muchly thankings!!! I should really have remembered that from last year! Accept humble apologies for anyone's time I have wasted and a thousand thankings. Game now updated to 14.1.2.

No probs, were all here to help each other :D:D SI guys will be spread a bit thin today, no doubt. :D

Bought the box game from Vivo city Funz centre Singapore, got home and unable to install the game, says its not for purchase in this country, can anyone here please help? Have been playing this game for almost 20 years and never had this problem.:confused:

I called the shop and they said there's some issue with the region code and steam and didn't offer much help.

My retailer (Nuuvem) didn't help me. What can I do? I bought the game 07 october 2013, and there was no mention the game might be or will be region locked. I'm now outside Brazil and can't activate and play it!

I am from Singaporer and having the same issues.I just bought from a retailer in Tampines.Can anyone kindly help?

Same prob as me. I also bought it at tampines :(

There's many people rioting on another forum, asking over and over for solution to this. I've told them to do all those steps, even to rename registrybulb (something like that) but nothing. I feel sorry for them. Most of them bought game trough retail stores and now they can't play due this 'locked regions' issue. I know you guys from Si and Sega are working hard to help us all and I want to thank for your feed back and possible solutions you presented on previous pages. I hope you'll find the solution soon.

1 last thing you guys could try if the verifying the game cache did not help.

- Completely exit from the Steam client.

- Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

- Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

- Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

- Launch game

this is not cool SI,being playing the game for so many years.I can tolerate all kind of bugs,understanding nothing is perfect.But this being totally uninstallable.Never mind unplayable.Can anyone help please?

My retailer (Nuuvem) didn't help me. What can I do? I bought the game 07 october 2013, and there was no mention the game might be or will be region locked. I'm now outside Brazil and can't activate and play it!

Yes, Nuuvem is really a bad retailer. Same problem here. I now have 2 solutions:

1) Find someone brazilian that want to buy the key from me.

2) Activate the key on Steam using a vpn. Probably we can use a new profile and install only FM 14, so if they ban the profile, you don't lose all your library.

1 last thing you guys could try if the verifying the game cache did not help.

- Completely exit from the Steam client.

- Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

- Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

- Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

- Launch game

What does this file do? Will changing this interfere with other steam games new or existing?

Thans.

What does this file do? Will changing this interfere with other steam games new or existing?

Thans.

From the Urban Dictionary.

"The clientregistry.blob is a file for the program Steam. The file holds your registration data for your games. If you delete it the file will be restored and you will have all of your default settings on all games installed (like your name, spray, binds, etc). It's safe to delete it, and it fixes about 30% of problems that occur on the Steam program."

Personally I have did this a few times as I have many games on Steam and it has sorted a few problems for me and never causes any new problems to occur.

I don't have the internet at home, so I have had to come to a wi-fi spot, as such time is limited, as is my battery.

I have bought the game today and tried to install via disc, it has accepted the activation code but then says something along the lines of, "This game cannot be istalled".

Please can someone from SI help me ASAP or I won't be able to play. My battery only has an hour and a half before it dies!

(When I go in my Games list on Steam, the game is not there as it says it should be; it is not downloading full stop).

Same prob as me. I also bought it at tampines :(

Please send an email with a photo copy of your game, the receipt and the activation code on the back of the manual at help@sega.co.uk and it can be looked into for you. Thanks.

I am from Singaporer and having the same issues.I just bought from a retailer in Tampines.Can anyone kindly help?

Please send an email with a photo copy of your game, the receipt and the activation code on the back of the manual at help@sega.co.uk and it can be looked into for you. Thanks.

I don't have the internet at home, so I have had to come to a wi-fi spot, as such time is limited, as is my battery.

I have bought the game today and tried to install via disc, it has accepted the activation code but then says something along the lines of, "This game cannot be istalled".

Please can someone from SI help me ASAP or I won't be able to play. My battery only has an hour and a half before it dies!

(When I go in my Games list on Steam, the game is not there as it says it should be; it is not downloading full stop).

Have you tried restarting Steam? Do you know if the wi-fi has any kind of restrictions?

Guys, the problem for those in countries unable to activate the game (eg Singapore) - is not the fault of the retailers. For whatever reason, anyone in those regions cannot activate the game on steam. It appears (to me at least) that distributors and retailers have not been informed (by Sega?) that the game doesn't work in their areas. They wouldn't sell the games if they knew that would they? It is also clear that the SI guys don't know what is going on either, which is worryingto say the least. I wish I had a solution for you all. In my case I was lucky enough to get a refund and now I'll wait to see if SI/Sega can sort this out. Highly disappointing.

Okay, my game is now installing, thank God! It was as easy as exiting Steam and re-starting it. As long as my battery doesn't die, I will be happily playing FM 14 soon!

Have you tried restarting Steam? Do you know if the wi-fi has any kind of restrictions?

Thanks Neil, just done that :)

Hi Neil, great to see SI responding. I have also boufht my from a retailer in singapore, can I send the photo for it to be check?

After inserting the second key & verifying the game cache, i receive a crash dump error message EVERY time i start the game.. people are having this problem a lot but no official response on the steam community discussion

edit: has just been replied 2 on steam discussion

My retailer (BuyGameCodes.com) says that there is no second code, only one code (already entered, Beta worked fine); to try reinstalling game, to wait awhile... But wait for what exactly? Still 14.1.1, despite trying everything suggested in this thread many times. If there isn't a second code, and game isn't updating what are our options? If I enter the code again Steam says that my profile already has the game activated. I'm in Croatia btw, so don't think that this is a regional issue (didn't have any problem with past versions through Steam).

Hi Neil, great to see SI responding. I have also boufht my from a retailer in singapore, can I send the photo for it to be check?

Yes, I'd suggest doing so.

My retailer (BuyGameCodes.com) says that there is no second code, only one code (already entered, Beta worked fine); to try reinstalling game, to wait awhile... But wait for what exactly? Still 14.1.1, despite trying everything suggested in this thread many times. If there isn't a second code, and game isn't updating what are our options? If I enter the code again Steam says that my profile already has the game activated. I'm in Croatia btw, so don't think that this is a regional issue (didn't have any problem with past versions through Steam).

I'd seek clarification from them if I were you that the code they sold you isn't region locked.

I'd seek clarification from them if I were you that the code they sold you isn't region locked.

Thanks Neil, they say that it's not region locked, that "Steam clearly inform about region locked keys"? Would I've been able to install the Beta with the key that is region locked? Don't know what to do...

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply and your attempt in trying to resolve the problem.

I've done the necessary by e-mailing to the said address with attachment of my product receipt and activation code.

Hoping that the problem can be resolved at the soonest time possible as we'll be having a long weekend here in Singapore with the forthcoming Deepavali celebration.

Thank you.

Kinda p****d of that i haven't been able to play the full game since last night and there is still no fix for many people..

I have put my GMG key into Steam...Football manager preparing cache screen appeared nothing happened, so I cancelled it.................now its re-installing, is this correct???????????????????

Thanks Neil, they say that it's not region locked, that "Steam clearly inform about region locked keys"? Would I've been able to install the Beta with the key that is region locked? Don't know what to do...

I don't know in all honesty, I'll try and find out.

I have put my GMG key into Steam...Football manager preparing cache screen appeared nothing happened, so I cancelled it.................now its re-installing, is this correct???????????????????

I had the same issue. Guess it can't hurt that the game starts with a clean install!

The same thing has happened to me. Except when the game downloaded for the second time it would not start due to a "disk read error" which is bizarre since I'm playing the digital version. I've tried verifying the cache and all that but it's not helped.

...and now it's inexplicably uninstalled itself once again and has started downloading for a third time. Lovely!

The same thing has happened to me. Except when the game downloaded for the second time it would not start due to a "disk read error" which is bizarre since I'm playing the digital version. I've tried verifying the cache and all that but it's not helped.

...and now it's inexplicably uninstalled itself once again and has started downloading for a third time. Lovely!

fanfookingtastic...I hope I don't have to do that!

Hi guys, I am a game retailer in Singapore (Gamescore) and I have been playing from CM1 to FM13 every year. Today we received the goods from the official distributor New Era and we encountered this region lock issue. I called up the sales rep and they have no idea there is a region lock for FM game (this is the FIRST time FM has region locking). I was told they have contacted SEGA Europe and working on a solution. It may take around 1-2 days to fix the region lock issue so please hang in there. I am very frustrated as well, mainly due to customers reporting the region lock issue and personally I am unable to play the game now.

Why did SI/SEGA add in region lock for Football Manager 2014?? There are no words of it and now distributors and retailers are being blamed for this problem.

Hi guys, I am a game retailer in Singapore (Gamescore) and I have been playing from CM1 to FM13 every year. Today we received the goods from the official distributor New Era and we encountered this region lock issue. I called up the sales rep and they have no idea there is a region lock for FM game (this is the FIRST time FM has region locking). I was told they have contacted SEGA Europe and working on a solution. It may take around 1-2 days to fix the region lock issue so please hang in there. I am very frustrated as well, mainly due to customers reporting the region lock issue and personally I am unable to play the game now.

Why did SI/SEGA add in region lock for Football Manager 2014?? There are no words of it and now distributors and retailers are being blamed for this problem.

don't worry about that pal...when you do get the 2nd key to work you have to re-install it...which takes a further 2 days!

Another region locked key here. I even emailed the vendor in August to ask if the key would be region locked and they said it wouldn't be. Hopefully they'll refund me or exchange for an alternative. I just don't get why the region locks weren't announced when pre-orders were being taken.

don't worry about that pal...when you do get the 2nd key to work you have to re-install it...which takes a further 2 days!

Thats even if u get the 2nd key :thdn:

Can u advise please im still on 14.1.1 and when i put my activation key in its telling me that the product is already owned please click next for installation, there is 43mb file to download when i click next nothing happens

WTF is going on ive been trying all day to get the full version

same problem here

Can u advise please im still on 14.1.1 and when i put my activation key in its telling me that the product is already owned please click next for installation, there is 43mb file to download when i click next nothing happens

WTF is going on ive been trying all day to get the full version

Okay anyone who has bought a game from ANY of these regions:

Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam & Myanman, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia & Brunei - please send an email with a photo copy of your game, the receipt/email confirmation and the activation code on to help@sega.co.uk and it can be looked into for you. Thanks.

same problem here

same here..

43mb file to download but nothing happens.when i check missing cache files it always downloads 17.1 mb..but still 14.1.1..my retailer says there is only one key for full and i owned it..now my retailer is talking to thier retailers to fix this..funny ha..

was playing beta with no problem but now there is problem...hope it ll be fixed soon...