Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

• Administrators

Anyone who is having issues with their code updating - if you're CERTAIN you've got the right code, try restarting Steam and if that doesn't work, reverify your cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

You may need to reverify a couple of times. To check if it's updated, you can see this via your in-game preferences (near the top left corner) or via the game status screen.

Anyone who does not think they have received the right code or have a region locked code you must contract you retailer directly.

Thanks.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought the SI in game editor, i used to use FMRTE and it never affected achievements, does this in game editor stop you getting achievements?

Also a suggestion, can you make it so you can mess with future transfers in the editor, like change the value and change the club they are joining etc?

This is my post, it has nothing to do with activation issues, why did you move it here? :S

Can anyone who is finally up & running that purchased from ONEPLAY please let me know if you had to re-download the full game again or whether it simply updated the beta version?

I have done the whole discount code thing and got my dodgy jpg image of my serial code, however im currently at work so i can't test it out until later.

Do i replace my current FM14 Beta key or do i add it as a new key?

Cheers.

Can anyone who is finally up & running that purchased from ONEPLAY please let me know if you had to re-download the full game again or whether it simply updated the beta version?

I have done the whole discount code thing and got my dodgy jpg image of my serial code, however im currently at work so i can't test it out until later.

Cheers.

Managed to activate by exiting steam and opening back up.....

I'm having to re-download the whole bloody thing. :( Although its coming down at 3.2mb/s which softens the blow I suppose.

Was told i only needed one key

Any ideas why i can still play it then as they have said u wont be able to play the beta version as of yest

Amazon sent the beta code separately in an email when I ordered ( actually got my beta code from them on the 5th)

Since amazon sends hard copies, the main code will probably be inside the case.

So do i simply add the new key as if i were adding a new game? there is no option to replace Beta key with Full key?

Also... doesnt that mean i'll have 2 instances of FM installed, Beta AND Full?

(sorry if i'm being thick i normally figure these things out but i'm sat at work so i don't have steam in front of me!!)

So do i simply add the new key as if i were adding a new game? there is no option to replace Beta key with Full key?

(sorry if i'm being thick i normally figure these things out but i'm sat at work so i don't have steam in front of me!!)

Open Steam, go to "Games" on the top menu bar and click "Activate Product on Steam" enter your new code there. After I done that it re-downloaded the full game. Its now updated to 14.1.2

A very roundabout sort of way of dealing with OnePlay, got there in the end but it could have been soooo much clearer from the outset from them.

Go to steam > games > activate a product on steam, and type in the key. You will only have one instance of FM :thup:

You post anything like that again you'll be banned from here permanently.

Wow, Mr. Brock gets active. This is not the retailer's fault. YOU created that mess. It was never mentioned in this forum that there are different retail regions and this was never an issue in the past. Just show me ANY website where this is mentioned.I'm buying CM/FM for almost 20 years. IF this is your official statement to not take any responsibility and just blame others, it was the last time. You are doing a very poor job maybe someone else should take over...

A friend of mine claims he has a working solution but I am not sure if it's legal or not, so please spare me from the ban hammer.

He couldn't get his game to update from 14.1.1 to 14.1.2, so the solution he came up with is this: he logged in another steam account which is updated to 14.1.2, that made steam update the game, and logged out from that account and logged in again with his own steam account. I don't know, I haven't tested it, just wanted to share. If that's not legal (which I think should be legal since everyone here has purchased the game) please delete this message. Hope this helps.

Wow, Mr. Brock gets active. This is not the retailer's fault. YOU created that mess. It was never mentioned in this forum that there are different retail regions and this was never an issue in the past. Just show me ANY website where this is mentioned.I'm buying CM/FM for almost 20 years. IF this is your official statement to not take any responsibility and just blame others, it was the last time. You are doing a very poor job maybe someone else should take over...

SI are trying to help get people playing, but if you launch one more personal attack, you will be removed from the forum. I appreciate its very frustrating, but that is no excuse for a lack of common courtesy. So, please, remain patient.

SI are trying to help get people playing, but if you launch one more personal attack, you will be removed from the forum. I appreciate its very frustrating, but that is no excuse for a lack of common courtesy. So, please, remain patient.

I'm attacking his posts. And he clearly said that the retailers are responsible for the mess Sega/SI created. And again, please show me any website mentioning different regional codes. Thanks!

I bought my boxed copy from Game shop. I originally paid my £5 for the advanced demo option. I have installed the full game. I have not been prompted to input the code on the back of the 'mini manual'

in the box.

The game loaded up but is still showing 14.1.1. I have uninstalled bot FM 14 and Steam. I re-installed both but I have still not been asked for the game code and my game still shows 14.1.1. I am now wondering whether I am only being given the demo, although Steam tells me that I own FM 14.

Help anyone, please. While waiting I shall 'have another go'.

Anyone who is having issues with their code updating - if you're CERTAIN you've got the right code, try restarting Steam and if that doesn't work, reverify your cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

You may need to reverify a couple of times. To check if it's updated, you can see this via your in-game preferences (near the top left corner) or via the game status screen.

Anyone who does not think they have received the right code or have a region locked code you must contract you retailer directly.

Thanks.

Retailers aren't helping us. You need to understand our frustrations.. Most of us are loyal FM supporters and have been buying this game every year... Region was never ever ever ever an issue. We were not warned that it would be an issue this year and then we got region locked. You guys should be trying to help us out man..... Like those other people in Singapore posted, some bought the hard copy from a retail store and got region locked. Do that even make sense to you? We are not doing anything illegal, just honest gamers purchasing the game legally trying to have some fun yet we are being punished nonetheless..

Thanks.

anything else you can do? pls!

I bought my boxed copy from Game shop. I originally paid my £5 for the advanced demo option. I have installed the full game. I have not been prompted to input the code on the back of the 'mini manual'

in the box.

The game loaded up but is still showing 14.1.1. I have uninstalled bot FM 14 and Steam. I re-installed both but I have still not been asked for the game code and my game still shows 14.1.1. I am now wondering whether I am only being given the demo, although Steam tells me that I own FM 14.

You need to go in and input the code into steam yourself.

Open Steam, go to "Games" on the top menu bar and click "Activate Product on Steam" enter your new code there. After I done that it re-downloaded the full game. Its now updated to 14.1.2

in the box.

Try activating the code from the back of the manual in Steam - then try restarting Steam if it doesn't update.

Cheers.

Mine just downloaded the 42mb update and applied that to the beta version.

ive not received my update 2nd code and was promised this by email 01.00 on 31/10/13 ive emailed sega for this over an hour and a half ago and all I received is an email telling me they've received mine. how unacceptable is that!!! I paid 35 bloody quid off steam for this the first time I buy it offline I get this ever since fm2005 ive always bought boxed copies with no problem so thanks steam for seriously annoying a long standing customer.

SI/SEGA: Next year you might want to look into using the Steam early access system instead of this mess with two separate keys. It would be much easier for everyone, if there was just one key - and that key enabled both early access to the beta through Steam, and automatically updated the game to the full version on release.

ive not received my update 2nd code and was promised this by email 01.00 on 31/10/13 ive emailed sega for this over an hour and a half ago and all I received is an email telling me they've received mine. how unacceptable is that!!! I paid 35 bloody quid off steam for this the first time I buy it offline I get this ever since fm2005 ive always bought boxed copies with no problem so thanks steam for seriously annoying a long standing customer.

Dude calm down.

If you bought the game on Steam you do not get a second key, the game just updates automatically.

SI/SEGA: Next year you might want to look into using the Steam early access system instead of this mess with two separate keys. It would be much easier for everyone, if there was just one key - and that key enabled both early access to the beta through Steam, and automatically updated the game to the full version on release.

Didnt it say it on Steam this year?????

• Administrators
I am unable to activate my key !!!!

Purchased from Green Man gaming Steam is saying its invalid please advise!!

As Neil said at the very top of this page:

bought mine from Game.co.uk, and i'm currently in Hong Kong.

got the same region locked thing.

solution: download a free Trial VPN (google it, there's a bunch), connect to vpn (for me, i connected to UK), activate your key, and it will work

hope it helps you singaporeans and all others people~

I am thinking of doing this. How safe is it? I wouldn't want to risk losing my entire steam library.

Hi there,

I've just purchased the game and i'm on my way home. Before I unwrap the boxed packaging, just wish to know. Has the activation issue in Singapore been resolved..? If not, is there anything that we in Singapore can do to have it activated..?

Thanks.

If anyone bought their product from a 3rd party merchant website, you should contact your merchant directly for support. It is very likely that they provided you with a region locked key and you can only activate it from "within the region" the key is allowed. Coming here and trash talking the admins and mods won't help. Please understand.

You stand a good chance of getting it activated through a VPN, which you only need during activation and once you have activated you have to deactivate it. If you need a VPN, google for it :)

Good luck! (pm me if you're from Singapore and need help)

Activating a code with VPN may get your account banned in steam......[/quote

may but with steam knowing the issues i think the chances are very low.

my account is since 2001, and i have done it before few years ago with modern warfare.

mind you though, i took my chance and you have to take yours!

I am unable to activate my key !!!!

Purchased from Green Man gaming Steam is saying its invalid please advise!!

Have you tried the second key only? In your account there will be two codes - the top one is your beta code, the bottom your final code. Only add the second one.

Dude calm down.

If you bought the game on Steam you do not get a second key, the game just updates automatically.

it hasn't that's my whole point ive restarted steam and the game 4 times now and it has done nowt so please don't tell me to calm down this is seriously peed me off.

it hasn't that's my whole point ive restarted steam and the game 4 times now and it has done nowt so please don't tell me to calm down this is seriously peed me off.

Have you tried as Neil said at the top of this page verifying your game cache?

" try restarting Steam and if that doesn't work, reverify your cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

You may need to reverify a couple of times. To check if it's updated, you can see this via your in-game preferences (near the top left corner) or via the game status screen. "

• Administrators

Have you followed all of Neil's instructions in the post at the very top of this page?

I'm waiting for a response from my retailer. I would be gutted if for some reason it turns out that I will not receive a key that will update my game to 14.1.2. Given the great number of people that are having this issue, I hope that SI Games will consider pushing the 14.1.2 update through what is apparently the beta key.

Anybody got the beta from amazon preorder, cancelled it to buy a key online ? Is it working and keeping everything ?

I did that because it was too expensive and dont give a damn about a box ;)

I have done the same. I did it with greenmangaming, and I am up and running on 14.1.2. I dont think it will work buying from steam though, until the beta expires on monday though, as it will say you already own the game (because the pre release beta is called FM14)

I have done the same. I did it with greenmangaming, and I am up and running on 14.1.2. I dont think it will work buying from steam though, until the beta expires on monday though, as it will say you already own the game (because the pre release beta is called FM14)

thanks :) so you put the second key and it updated it to final ?

thanks :) so you put the second key and it updated it to final ?

I preordered from greenmangaming - I got the beta key a couple of weeks ago, and the final key is in my games list when I log in to their website. It downloaded a small file (although I had to restart Steam) and that was it.

Archived