Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning, just checked out my game version and it is still at 14.1.1. I have only received 1 activation code from Gamefly, but I understand that there should be a second one! Any advice please?

I bought from gamefly, didn't need a 2nd code. My game updated automatically when I logged into steam.

Have you tried shutting down your PC then restarting steam? Also try verifying your cache as that seems to work for some people. You don't however need a 2nd key.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

I bought the game from g2play.net. Description says : Beta access included! Beta access transfers into full game upon release date!

Available languages: EN, BR, CZ, DK, ES, FR, IT, NO, NL, PL, PT, RU, TR, GR, SE.

I got one key, and activated the beta with it, but now it wont update to full version, and there is no second key in my game library.

Quote Originally Posted by feltusen View Post

Your key looks like this: gjnn-jjhft. First line is beta key

Gjjvc-uygj. <- COPY this into steam. Only the second line is the key not all of it.

Good luck

This! :brock:

Thanks for the post, I would have taken ages to figure that out.

For everyone else looking, what he means is this:

Under my Games tab in GMG, I see FM14 with the following listed under "key"

To get the full game I need to go to Steam, activate a game and enter ONLY XXXXX-06P2M-XXXXX.

To repeat for any too lazy to look at previous page, this is way to do it if you bought from Green Man Gaming!

:brock:

im from singapore.. bought from cyberactive ... cannot seem to register the code... says region is locked... anyone having same problem stupid shop not being helpful...

I got the same problem. I'm from Singapore too.

Just bought the game at GameExtreme but it says region lock

Any solutions?

Still stuck at 14.1.1

Checked OnePlay account, no other messages. Checked email, nothing, not even in spam folder.

Annoyed a bit :(

I have the same problem with OnePlay. I also have an issue with the payment, I think they've charged me too much.

A real headache.

• Administrators
I bought the game from g2play.net. Description says : Beta access included! Beta access transfers into full game upon release date!

Available languages: EN, BR, CZ, DK, ES, FR, IT, NO, NL, PL, PT, RU, TR, GR, SE.

I got one key, and activated the beta with it, but now it wont update to full version, and there is no second key in my game library.

Have you restarted your Steam client?

We need to separate problems in 3 version

1) Noobs who just cant find their 2nd keys - its not problem they just noobs No offense

2) Those who didnt recieve 2nd key at all - its problem, but i guess they will recieve it later today.

3) Those who recieved 2nd key but steam dont accept it - it biggest problem coz we dont know what to wait.

I have the same problem with OnePlay. I also have an issue with the payment, I think they've charged me too much.

A real headache.

I just got an email that has a discount code for going through checkout again and making the payment free... Hassle enough but the code doesn't work.

I bought from gamefly, didn't need a 2nd code. My game updated automatically when I logged into steam.

Have you tried shutting down your PC then restarting steam? Also try verifying your cache as that seems to work for some people. You don't however need a 2nd key.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

If you bought from Gamefly you would be best to check your order history.

My game also updated without a second key but if you check your order history there is a second key there. you would be best advised to use that second key on Steam to stop any problems in the future.

OnePlay are sending full-game codes out later today.

Really? That's fantastic news!

Although it's annoying me like hell that they couldn't explain this when you actually purchase the game. I was led to believe the game code received was the FULL GAME and that the beta would update itself.

Oh well, I hope they'll send it out sooner rather than later.

I bought my game from greenman gaming and everything worked fine, the code used in beta was 3 sections long, E****-S****-D**** I did not receive another code from GMG but under games in your account with GMG you should now have the full code and what you need to do is add the last 3 sections of the full key D****-S****-F**** that is now beside FM 2014 so basically the first 3 unlocked beta and the last 3 unlock retail, This worked for me first time and when I logged into FM the full version was unlocked, hope this works for you guys who bought from GMG.

I bought my game from greenman gaming and everything worked fine, the code used in beta was 3 sections long, E****-S****-D**** I did not receive another code from GMG but under games in your account with GMG you should now have the full code and what you need to do is add the last 3 sections of the full key D****-S****-F**** that is now beside FM 2014 so basically the first 3 unlocked beta and the last 3 unlock retail, This worked for me first time and when I logged into FM the full version was unlocked, hope this works for you guys who bought from GMG.

sorry but it :facepalm:

Ppl who cant find their second keys - pls dont flood here, coz its not a problem, u jut panic while u have all keys and it work!

while here we discussing issues which cant be solved just using some brains :)

I just got an email that has a discount code for going through checkout again and making the payment free... Hassle enough but the code doesn't work.

A discount code? That's a shoddy way of doing business. Especially if the discount code doesn't work... :thdn:

I contacted their customer service two days ago, received a reply where they asked me to provide a screenshot of my Paypal, which I did and then silence.

I usually have patience with customer service but in this case I'm becoming frustrated and annoyed with their lack of information and service.

Edit: Okay, I received the discount code to after I complained to them. The code seems to work, they thanked me for my purchase (again) and I am not awaiting a second e-mail. I'm not buying from them ever again.

Edit2: The second e-mail from OnePlay arrived in a timely fashion. It included a photocopy of the code for the full game and something written in Spanish. Absolutely atrocious. At least it works and the game is being updated finally, but why this hassle? :eek:

Same thing here. Just received my discount code half an hour ago. And sure, it DOESN'T work. It says my discount code is either invalid or expired. Very nice, OnePlay!

Every single boxed copy in Singapore is region locked because it all came from 1 supplier who messed up, so that's why we're anxious because we might not even get a refund or we'll have to wait for a long time before we get our copies of FM. What I heard is that the region lock in Singapore will be broken by tomorrow.

A discount code? That's a shoddy way of doing business. Especially if the discount code doesn't work... :thdn:

I contacted their customer service two days ago, received a reply where they asked me to provide a screenshot of my Paypal, which I did and then silence.

I usually have patience with customer service but in this case I'm becoming frustrated and annoyed with their lack of information and service.

After waiting a bit, the code worked and it seems to have taken off the full amount so that nothing is charged. Even so I agree it's shoddy and also worrying that I will now have to keep checking my account very carefully that they haven't charged me twice....

They have now sent me an image code screenshot, which I will try now... My advice contact them again and ask for your discount code.

I just bought the SI in game editor, i used to use FMRTE and it never affected achievements, does this in game editor stop you getting achievements?

Also a suggestion, can you make it so you can mess with future transfers in the editor, like change the value and change the club they are joining etc?

Same thing here. Just received my discount code half an hour ago. And sure, it DOESN'T work. It says my discount code is either invalid or expired. Very nice, OnePlay!

Log out and back in again and it then worked for me. Might have been a coincidence, but it accepted it in the end.

I'm also stuck on 14.1.1, despite restarting Steam. Something that is odd: when I enter the key that I was given by my retailer a few weeks ago, Steam says that I already own that product (this makes sense). It also says that this account already contains the content that is linked to this activation key. When I click on Next, I get a message saying that I'm about to install FM 2014. The needed disk space is 43 MB. When I click Next again, I get to choose whether or not to create desktop shortcuts, etc. When I click Next again, I get the message that Steam is downloading FM 2014. However, in truth, nothing happens; FM doesn't get updated in any way, nothing new is downloading.

They have now sent me an image code screenshot, which I will try now... My advice contact them again and ask for your discount code.

I received the screenshot too. I could only laugh at it and I was actually surprised the code I received worked. Nevertheless, as I mentioned in my previous edits, it's shoddy business and atrocious customer service. The asked me to fill in a form about my experience (in Danish) of their website and for the first time for a very long time I was not happy with most things. I will never buy anything from them again.

I'm also stuck on 14.1.1, despite restarting Steam. Something that is odd: when I enter the key that I was given by my retailer a few weeks ago, Steam says that I already own that product (this makes sense). It also says that this account already contains the content that is linked to this activation key. When I click on Next, I get a message saying that I'm about to install FM 2014. The needed disk space is 43 MB. When I click Next again, I get to choose whether or not to create desktop shortcuts, etc. When I click Next again, I get the message that Steam is downloading FM 2014. However, in truth, nothing happens; FM doesn't get updated in any way, nothing new is downloading.

Come to the library and opposite the Football Manager 2014 click Install.

If you bought from Gamefly you would be best to check your order history.

My game also updated without a second key but if you check your order history there is a second key there. you would be best advised to use that second key on Steam to stop any problems in the future.

I just rechecked... I have no 2nd key! I'm fully updated so not worried. ?

I just got an email from Oneplay with instructions to buy the game again and a 100% discount code. I did, and I got a very dodgy looking .jpg with what seems like a stack of activation codes, with only the top one visible. I entered it into Steam and FM is now properly updated.

Very dodgy, but it seems to be working.

I am having this exact issue too.

on the other hand my retailer insists they don't know anything about second key. what am I supposed to do now?

I had a problem last night, I ordered from ONEPLAY.COM.

Woke up this morning to find an email (in my junk folder) with a code in it to repurchase the game. I did that and have received an email thinking me for my purchase. I'm guessing that I'll get a 2nd email with the Steam code in it. (exactly the same happened with the beta code when I first purchased the game). Hopefully I dont see any problem when this 2nd email arrives...

EDIT.... I have logge into my oneplay account and I have a "view serial code image" attached to my new purchase in my games library section with the new code.

EDIT .... Now I'm getting "Steam Servers Unavailable" .... How come things are never easy with Steam :herman: Oh well, will need to try throughout the day.

Lesson for SI/Sega.

If this is the way the purchase is going to happen it would be advisable to ask those selling your game to full explain this during the initial purchase, then there wouldnt be this outcry when things like this happen.

or

Dont have Steam gouge our eyes out on price and more people would use them ;)

RE: the activation problems in Singapore.

I think the term 'region-locked' is a bit misleading. Reason being I bought a code for the digital download (Beta) on Tuesday from Nexway but wasn't able to activate, same problem saying unavailable in my region. Contacted customer service and was told: "Sorry to disappoint you, due to SEGA licensing issues the game cannot be sold in your country." After asking if an imported physical copy would work, he said, "Unfortunately, the localization rules are still in effect. Singapore is a country where you can not install the game."

Now having read that all the SG-based buyers of physical games can't install either, I figure that the problem is a big one. Namely that SEGA doesn't have license for SG-based buyers to activate and install the game. Despite this, e-retailers and physical retailers are selling the game into this market, creating a HUGE mess. The local games shops are probably as clueless as we are about this so I'd take any fixes they offer with a grain of salt.

So it's not that we have 'region-locked' codes, but regardless of codes or discs or where they came from, we simply cannot activate the game in Singapore AT ALL.

• Administrators
Someone has caused a massive mess with this 2 key problems and region locked codes

If its not sorted i wont be buying games again i will start downloading cracked games

You post anything like that again you'll be banned from here permanently.

Archived