Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't update, bought the game from go2arena, wrote to their LIVE chat, and they nicely replied that I will be receiving the key later today, that they are doing what they can to send them as fast as possible. :-)

Where did you purchase from?

If anywhere other than steam etc .. It will require a new activation code that should have been emailed to you.. if not, contact your supplier.

Also... have a look at the other several threads around about people with similar issues.

Closing this because of said other several threads.

I got mine from GMG. In the meantime, I found my second key in the GMG library, but I don't understand why the need of two keys, as it worked perfectly with one key last year.

Every one that got FM from GMG, go to your acc, games, steam games, and copy your second key into steam.

I got mine from GMG. In the meantime, I found my second key in the GMG library, but I don't understand why the need of two keys, as it worked perfectly with one key last year.

Every one that got FM from GMG, go to your acc, games, steam games, and copy your second key into steam.

Glad you got it sorted Eric.. sorry I had to close your thread so soon, it's a bit frantic on the forums and as such, sometimes my manners slip ever so slightly when trying to keep everything in order!

Happy gaming.

This is the reply i got from my retailer.

Hello,

This is the European/US RoW version of the game

It may not be able to activate in Asia.

You may need to use a VPN to activate the game.

We do not sell Asian version of games

We're EU/US based company, we do not have Asian distributors.

You should be fine after activating the game with VPN, then you can play without using VPN.

Thanks.

Activating with VPN will get me banned from steam -_-

I just talked to the people at the store I bought the game from, they said that every single boxed copy in Singapore is from the same retailer, so every single copy in Singapore is region locked I suppose. They also said that they're liaising with whomever is in charge of this to break the stupid region lock.

No problem.

It would be happy gaming if steam didn't decided to download the whole game of 1.4 gigs again. I don't know why. It downloaded the update of around 80mb, and then it said something like : creating local game cache... Preparing fm files to install.. and it did nothing, not one percent fulled for about 5min. And when I clicked cancel and then play, I got to download the 1.4gb. Crazy stuff.

Yep, certainly check there first. But many people haven't yet received a second key. I wouldn't normally mind waiting, but I live in Taiwan now, and they're no longer selling it in my region. I bought it here, but it became no longer available in my region between the day I pre-purchased it and now.

So the fact that I don't have a second key yet is worrying. If they can't give me one (and would therefore have to refund my money) then it seems that I can't play FM this year, which would be depressing (I've bought every game since CM97/98).

Yep, certainly check there first. But many people haven't yet received a second key. I wouldn't normally mind waiting, but I live in Taiwan now, and they're no longer selling it in my region. I bought it here, but it became no longer available in my region between the day I pre-purchased it and now.

So the fact that I don't have a second key yet is worrying. If they can't give me one (and would therefore have to refund my money) then it seems that I can't play FM this year, which would be depressing (I've bought every game since CM97/98).

If you can get a refund, could you not get a hard copy of the game imported via ebay or some such?

If you can get a refund, could you not get a hard copy of the game imported via ebay or some such?

Well as far as I know, you need to activate the game on Steam to get it to work. This is normally fine for me - I use Steam a lot and would prefer to have everything on Steam. But in this case it may prevent me being able to play one of my favourite games (at least until FM2014 is available in my region).

Hopefully it'll all be ok though, but I'm a little anxious...

Mate, the russian version is officially locked in steam database.

The weird thing is, that also people with brazilian or other versions, are experiencing a regional lock.

I am FROM Russia but i didnt buy russian version. I bought normal for 50 euro, while russian costs 20.

It different things version of game and location

Archived